Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,830 members, 7,802,654 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 06:23 PM

I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! (7200 Views)

Ese Walter Denounces Jesus, Says She No Longer Believes In God / Pope Francis To Atheists: You Dont Have To Believe In God To Go To Heaven / Do We Go To Hell If We Don’t Believe In Jesus? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Weah96: 9:30pm On Jul 14, 2014
Hospital admission is reserved for serious illnesses and checkups. But I guarantee you that everyone takes pharmaceuticals for our more benign afflictions. God doesn't cure headaches and conjunctivitis. Neither can he cure boils and the common cold.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Image123(m): 9:54pm On Jul 14, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

If a pastor advices a member who has AIDS or Diabetes to stop medication in favour of faith healing, such a pastor will go to jail in the UK

Advice you say? Well, that's bad advice coming from a pastor. Faith does not exclude medication. It is a personal decision. The Word doesn't teach it. Why are the atheists around here trying so hard to redefine faith?
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by TheBigUrban2: 10:13pm On Jul 14, 2014
Image123:

Advice you say? Well, that's bad advice coming from a pastor. Faith does not exclude medication. It is a personal decision. The Word doesn't teach it. Why are the atheists around here trying so hard to redefine faith?

Pastors have already been arrested for doing such.

So go and ask your pastors why they are redefining faith....and not atheists
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Image123(m): 12:37am On Jul 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

Pastors have already been arrested for doing such.

So go and ask your pastors why they are redefining faith....and not atheists

i pray God to deliver you from low reasoning capacity.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by texanomaly(f): 1:07am On Jul 15, 2014
TheBigUrban2:

If a pastor advices a member who has AIDS or Diabetes to stop medication in favour of faith healing, such a pastor will go to jail in the UK

A pastor who does this is irresponsible. And any member that's listens to him has left there common sense at home.

God doesn't want us to disregard medication and healthcare. He expects us to use the tools provided to us.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by TheBigUrban2: 6:10am On Jul 15, 2014
Image123:

i pray God to deliver you from low reasoning capacity.

grin grin grin

We both know that you're the one that needs deliverance from such
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by TheBigUrban2: 6:10am On Jul 15, 2014
texanomaly:

A pastor who does this is irresponsible. And any member that's listens to him has left there common sense at home.

God doesn't want us to disregard medication and healthcare. He expects us to use the tools provided to us.

Pastors brainwash their flock everyday....including you.

Btw......do you wear the mormon underpants?
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Kay17: 7:50am On Jul 15, 2014
texanomaly:

Wasn't it equally irresponsible and foolish for Peter to step out of the sanctuary of a boat and to attempt to walk on water?

1 Like

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by texanomaly(f): 12:36pm On Jul 15, 2014
Kay17:

Wasn't it equally irresponsible and foolish for Peter to step out of the sanctuary of a boat and to attempt to walk on water?

Well I don't know. He was a fisherman. I figure he knows how to swim.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by jayriginal: 1:39pm On Jul 15, 2014
texanomaly:

James 5:14-16

14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

Yes, the Pastor is irresponsible considering this undecided

2nd Tim 3:16
All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

I fail to see any ambiguity.

I daresay you dont believe in God!

2 Likes

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by texanomaly(f): 1:45pm On Jul 15, 2014
jayriginal:

14 Is any sick among you? let him call for the elders of the church; and let them pray over him, anointing him with oil in the name of the Lord:

15 And the prayer of faith shall save the sick, and the Lord shall raise him up; and if he have committed sins, they shall be forgiven him.

16 Confess your faults one to another, and pray one for another, that ye may be healed. The effectual fervent prayer of a righteous man availeth much.

All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness.

Well you can daresay anything you want, I suppose.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by jayriginal: 3:42pm On Jul 15, 2014
texanomaly:

Except in this case, I am stating the obvious and your reply does nothing to counter it.

smiley
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Kay17: 5:21pm On Jul 15, 2014
texanomaly:

Well I don't know. He was a fisherman. I figure he knows how to swim.

Lol! Remember he was sinking/drowning when he asked Jesus to rescue him.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Nobody: 5:49pm On Jul 15, 2014
texanomaly:

Your christianity is like a chinese buffet. You like the fried rice, spicy pork and broccolli beef but when you see the sour chicken and fried frog legs, you turn into a vegetarian.

You're not alone though; when it comes to the middle eastern delusions religions,picking and choosing which "word of god" you agree with is par for the course.

2 Likes

Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by TheBigUrban2: 6:12pm On Jul 15, 2014
Martian:

Your christianity is like a chinese buffet. You like the fried rice, spicy pork and broccolli beef but when you see the sour chicken and fried frog legs, you turn into a vegetarian.

You're not alone though; when it comes to the middle eastern delusions religions,picking and choosing which "word of god" you agree with is par for the course.

Respect sir.

Epic analogy.

I will remember your buffet analogy and use it whenever I meet any of these "new age" christians who pick and choose to modernize their religion.

By the way, cut down on the chinese buffet....seriously.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by texanomaly(f): 6:16pm On Jul 15, 2014
Kay17:

Lol! Remember he was sinking/drowning when he asked Jesus to rescue him.

Oops...forgot that part. It's been a while since Bible classes. It's been a while since church attendance, come to think of it.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by texanomaly(f): 6:38pm On Jul 15, 2014
jayriginal:

Except in this case, I am stating the obvious and your reply does nothing to counter it.

smiley

Oh well
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Image123(m): 11:48pm On Jul 15, 2014
jayriginal:

And how is this equal to a pastor telling a patient to stop medication? Help me to understand.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Image123(m): 11:56pm On Jul 15, 2014
Kay17:

Absolutely ridiculous nonsense. Peter was with Jesus God. He saw Jesus do it successfully and received a clear go ahead from Jesus God before stepping out. Being with Jesus is a more sure sanctuary than any boat, He is the Author of life, remember.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Kay17: 5:57am On Jul 16, 2014
Image123:

Absolutely ridiculous nonsense. Peter was with Jesus God. He saw Jesus do it successfully and received a clear go ahead from Jesus God before stepping out. Being with Jesus is a more sure sanctuary than any boat, He is the Author of life, remember.

Good.

Equally same goes to everyone expecting a miracle EVEN for the most trivial issue, just like Peter did especially when he was not in danger or found any necessity to walk on water; yet he did.

The thing today is that modern science and knowledge has washed off most of the faith in the world. And without faith, there is no God. God is dying out. People rely more in hospitals, universities. People prefer the Big Ban.g theory and evolution as against the Genesis account. People believe the Bible is more of an allegory than literal. Faith is dying out.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by jayriginal: 10:00am On Jul 16, 2014
Image123:

And how is this equal to a pastor telling a patient to stop medication? Help me to understand.

You would if you could.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Image123(m): 2:11pm On Jul 16, 2014
jayriginal:

You would if you could.

Praise Master Jesus i can't then.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by Image123(m): 2:17pm On Jul 16, 2014
Kay17:

Good.

Equally same goes to everyone expecting a miracle EVEN for the most trivial issue, just like Peter did especially when he was not in danger or found any necessity to walk on water; yet he did.

The thing today is that modern science and knowledge has washed off most of the faith in the world. And without faith, there is no God. God is dying out. People rely more in hospitals, universities. People prefer the Big Ban.g theory and evolution as against the Genesis account. People believe the Bible is more of an allegory than literal. Faith is dying out.

Peter walking on water trivial? Kindly state three to five contemporary trivial issues, we are about to agree i hope? The headlessness has hope.

On second paragraph, thanks for the info. i appreciate.
Re: I Daresay, You Don’t Believe In God! by hopefulLandlord: 7:58pm On Mar 07, 2017
choi

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

The Old Catholic Apostolic Church Now In Ado Ekiti / Why Do Atheists Desist From Answering This Question ? / SERMON JOTTERS: Mystery Of Divine Assistance {sunday Service} - Dr. D.K Olukoya

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.