Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,911 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:26 AM

10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? (37247 Views)

When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! / Neighbours Ignore Lady Who Fainted Because Of Her Alleged Wicked Ways (photos) / 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by vikel2104: 9:01pm On Jun 29, 2014
Staying in a neighbourhood gives you the chance to meet different types of people and learning to deal with them. Below are some different possible types of neighbours you can have.

1.Parentless kids.
There is always sound of yelling kids from their house. Their parents are never at home. They are noise making little beings.

2.The Over-friendly Neighbour
They make your business, their business. You like it or not. These are typically the neighbours who will literally stay in your house and wouldn’t even mind helping you out with your daily chores. They don’t know where to draw the line and end up being over friendly. More often than not they cross the line. These neighbours want to know everything about you, your family, how much money you earn every month, where all do you make investments and you’re spending patterns. They want to know it all without even once thinking that these are personal and you are not comfortable sharing them.

3.The Really Mysterious Neighbour .
There is never any noise coming from his apartment. However, the only dialogue you ever had with this type of neighbour probably consists of “Hello!” and “Nice weather today, huh?” You’ve probably noticed that the really mysterious neighbour comes back home either late at night or early in the morning. And he doesn’t appear to be drunk which makes things even weirder. You have no idea where he goes, what he does and whether you should be worried that he might be a criminal or not. You better stick to just ‘hello’ when talking to this neighbour and never ask him anything because you know what happened to the curious cat, right? It became a victim of its really mysterious neighbour.

4.The fighting couple.
These neighbours fight with their spouse in the open and keep throwing offensive words at each other. They just disturb the peace of the neighbourhood.

5.The Copy Cats � The Me Too Neighbours
If you are noticing a pattern of your neighbours having the same things you possess from quite some time now, then you can rule out the option of it being a sheer co-incidence – it’s called copying. These are the type of neighbours who have no clue about what they want to buy and would just end up buying/doing the same set of things that you do, just to fit in. They would scan everything in your home if invited for a chat and when you go to their house, a replica of it would be there too.

6.The Constant Borrowers
It’s a pleasant Saturday morning and you hear somebody knocking at your door. Surprise! The same neighbour who keeps asking you for something or the other is here again asking you for a cup of sugar. These are the neighbours who make complete utilization of the word “HELP” and would constantly keep borrowing things from you. If you have these type of neighbours consider adding a separate list in your monthly budget called “Neighbours list”!

7. Alcoholic neighbour.
Someone is knocking at your door and picking your lock at 1 a.m in the morning? Oh, wait, it’s just your alcoholic neigbhour who is once again on the wrong floor. Someone puked on your doorstep? Who was it this time? – the alcoholic guy next door.

8. The Party Freaks.
These are most likely young people who love to go out for parties and always invite their friends over for a party in their house. The sound of loud music and loud voices is the proof that they are at it again.

9.The Problem Creators
These neighbours are just too fussy about everything you do from moving a chair at your home to having a social event at your home-every single thing of your action bothers them and they are just waiting to gun you down! They are the ones who are unhappy about everything about their neighbourhood and would constantly keep bickering.

10. The Passive neighbor.
This one is just there. He doesn’t make noise or look for trouble. He doesn’t seem to have any problem with anyone and just takes life as it comes. He's just a jolly good fellow. Most persons would like to have him as a neighbour.

Which of these portrays your neighbor? Don't just type the number please! Thank you.

Did not find any description that fits your neighbour? Feel free to add yours.

22 Likes

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Mutuwa(m): 9:25pm On Jun 29, 2014
Personally i belong to the last category..but men av had a neighbour worse than the "Addams family" wired i mean..friendly but the guy comes bk home late.at a tym he came bk late,drunk and was throwing up in a cab that brought him home,ofcourse with his LovePeddler by his side.U see him with an expensive car today,tomorrow he is flat broke he sells the car,sublease his apartment and comes bk after a year..just too wired bt nice.

I use to hav a fighting couple but no more..
Nice thread Op..brought bk some old thoughts. smiley

3 Likes

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by parismarc: 9:28pm On Jun 29, 2014
The passive neighbours, I love them, very peaceful couple.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Lolaabokoku(f): 9:38pm On Jun 29, 2014
Joke apart all of the above,, once u live ¶n å face me i slap u apartment u will come across them all..@Op tnx 4 d wonderful write up,, its Ŋĭcέ

11 Likes

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Jun 29, 2014
Jst got ds new apartmnt here in abuja, dspite d juicy facts abt my new area, got ds neighbors bside my fence. Gush! Infact solage's slap to jazzy is preferable compare to d noise nd punchn sounds wen ds neighbor fights
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Ewuro1: 9:51pm On Jun 29, 2014
Copy cat : and vice versa .. "Mummy xyz just got wiiU skylanders add on , please please may we too?? "Then I have no other choice if I don't want them over there everyday. undecided

and

passive neighbours : heady in sense of reasoning once in a while but we get along great wink

We are Human.. Nobody's perfect jare smiley

2 Likes

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Nobody: 9:57pm On Jun 29, 2014
As for me,I'm a passive kinda neigbour.I don't like,want or need trouble of any kind from anybody
But as for my neigbour,na everytime she dey come knock either to gossip or to borrow mortar or to borrow iron or charger or film or remote.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Djicemob: 10:00pm On Jun 29, 2014
I had this weird neighbour ones back in university days,The only thing i or we know abt this guy is his name "jigga"(not even his real name)He neva talks to anyone,doesnt have any friends,neva ask for favors,dont drink,doesnt go to church or mosque(we heard rumors that he is a muslim),nobody knows what his room looks like,20 rooms and nobody really got close to him... till we graduated. #Creepy

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Nobody: 10:07pm On Jun 29, 2014
Am the mysterious neighbour,I don't mix up with people,am always on my own,always on nairaland when at home,or watching film. don't like familiarity in any sense..except I call my neighbour out to move his car,for me to drive out,nothing else,I doubt my neighbour knows my name. well he's married,am not.

24 Likes

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Bantino(m): 10:17pm On Jun 29, 2014
I'm in the passive category, I don't even know my neighbours well, we only interact during compound meetings. It's just like 'to your tents oh Isreal'
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by hydeka: 11:06pm On Jun 29, 2014
Odilafta:
But as for my neigbour,na everytime she dey come knock either to gossip or to borrow mortar or to borrow iron or charger or film or remote.
even remote? Ha! She go soon come borrow your Tv.

20 Likes

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by vikel2104: 5:10am On Jun 30, 2014
My neighbours are kinda passive. I've got an elderly couple and a younger couple with three young kids, the oldest being less than 10. The husband of the elderly neighbour is already retired so they rarely stay in the house. They frequently go to their childrens' place. For the younger couple, they're the mind-your-business type although there are times of exchange of pleasantries and going over to their house to help out with something. The kids' mum shouts at the kids alot because they're quite hyperactive. More comments..

2 Likes

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Nobody: 5:21am On Jun 30, 2014
Yomieluv: Am the mysterious neighbour,I don't mix up with people,am always on my own,always on nairaland when at home,or watching film. don't like familiarity in any sense..except I call my neighbour out to move his car,for me to drive out,nothing else,I doubt my neighbour knows my name. well he's married,am not.
My Neighbours are 6 but I don't have problem with them cuz I'm 10 !!!

1 Like

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by shizzle11(m): 10:54am On Jun 30, 2014
its not bad to have a passive neighbour
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by nwababy: 4:56pm On Jun 30, 2014
My neighbours are 6 in number. The Delta guy is a single father very Razz and womanises. I've met tons of women in different shapes, colors and sizes. The funniest thing is that he fight with his girl friends even the ones he just met. Come and see abuses and this guy is an Engineer and works in a reputable power company. The 2nd are single girl like me living with the sister and cousin and some other girls comes to sleep there @ times they are 5 in a self contain. When her Razzness starts, she will come out with her bottle of Hernessy or red label and her cigratte afterall is a free world. Abeg can't wait to pack out soon. Just that I have gotten use to there but am so packing out come July
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by ssultana(f): 12:35am On Jul 01, 2014
But of course nairalanders, you are all the passive neghbours and your "neighbours" are anything but passive undecided

16 Likes

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by vikel2104: 5:29am On Jul 01, 2014
Don't forget the question, Which of them describes your neighbour? It's more about your neighbour
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by SkinnyDude(m): 5:42am On Jul 01, 2014
i dont know where i fall in. but i dont greet our neighbours, the married ones. when i see them outside the compound, i throw my face away. familiarity breeds insult. i dont need that.

1 Like

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by xynerise: 6:37am On Jul 01, 2014
You didnt include the Demonic Neighbours? INCHES AND LIZARDS grin

15 Likes

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by NewsINigeria(m): 6:41am On Jul 01, 2014
TRU
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Codedrock(m): 6:43am On Jul 01, 2014
Oga ooo.....

Looks like the poster don live Face me and Face You house tire..
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Moblord(m): 6:44am On Jul 01, 2014
All these characters are found in my neighbourhood
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by collins125: 6:45am On Jul 01, 2014
[size=18pt]Familiarity breeds insult![/size]

2 Likes

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Iykebestbt(m): 6:46am On Jul 01, 2014
u forgot the prayer warrior neighbours.they don't mind what the tiMe is saying just to be jumping up ånd down in their closet shouting "all my enemies,what are you waiting for? Die die die die....

36 Likes

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by ibitomisi: 6:46am On Jul 01, 2014
Hmmmm!
"All these characters are found in my
neighbourhood" Seconded!!
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Nobody: 6:50am On Jul 01, 2014
What about a neighbour that only gets friendly when he or she is broke and come asking you for something. As soon as they have their way, they will start throwaway face until another episode cool

But really I like weed smokers/bachelors and families with intelligent children as neighbors.

I don't having unmarried/spinster ladies in a house as neighbours smiley They don't mind their businesses and can be frustrated lots gossipers.

I could be the Really Mysterious Neighbour, but no man is an Island and the bible says :

Love thy neighbours as thyself, for this is the first commandment with promise.

1 Like

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by andy24(m): 6:50am On Jul 01, 2014
This is the American version of neighbours not the Nigerian type

3 Likes

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Richiy(f): 6:50am On Jul 01, 2014
My family must have been the parentless kids kinda neighbour. My 5 brothers are always jumping around morning till night when Mumsy comes back and everybody park well.

1 Like

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by bootstrap(m): 6:51am On Jul 01, 2014
I think i am a blend of passive and mysterious, I hate noise and disturbance. I stay in doors a lot. I once didn't come out of the house for 1 week, my car was just parked in. My neighbour and his wife came to ask me what was wrong. lol

I guess i will be called that crazy neighbour that always has light (yet no generator, hahah), rarely comes out or fraternises, He pays his bills on time. Once in a while, a taxi drops or picks a pretty girl from his apartment.

Anyways, incase my neighbours are reading this.... i use an inverter, i like pretty girls and read a lot (whatever, frm the noodles pack to novels to textbooks) oh... and i watch movies a lot too. grin

My neighbours.... i really dnt know much about them. A medical doctor with his pretty wife, a single estate surveyor with his live in gf, a telco dude with his new wife, a guy with his banker wife (all info i got when i first moved in). I think they all generally passive tho..... at least to me

5 Likes

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by jayAjoku(m): 6:51am On Jul 01, 2014
oooh yeah got numbers 7,8,9 where I live as per student levels sha..... it's quite funny atimes but im really comfortable living with them... yeah a 10......

1 Like

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by lomprico(m): 6:54am On Jul 01, 2014
What about the nosy ones?
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by iamtewwy(m): 6:55am On Jul 01, 2014
i think i fall under the mysterious nieghbour category. non of my nieghbour know my name were i work i come back home late at night i dnt drink i just greet and pass non knows how my room.looks like, and i love it that way cheesy

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Woman And Her Husband Side Chick Battle On Whatsapp Chat (pics) / Lady Blasted For Teaching Nigerian Women How To Lock Cheating Husbands In Bottle / Man Tries To Eject Wife From Her Own House For Rejecting To Live With Co-Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.