Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,336 members, 7,780,879 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 02:01 AM

10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? (37201 Views)

When Your Nanny/househelp Suddenly Becomes An Ally To The Neighbours! / Neighbours Ignore Lady Who Fainted Because Of Her Alleged Wicked Ways (photos) / 5 Behaviours That Can Make Your Neighbours Respect You (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Nobody: 8:36am On Jul 01, 2014
rezzy:

Abeg where e dey for your bible because i av been searching for it ooo since yesterday.

Mathew 12:31

Mathew 22:35-40
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Revolva(m): 8:40am On Jul 01, 2014
For naija especially when u live in a face me i face u area...na so neigbours go dey jealous you for no reason if you buy new things ...the nigerian mentality is very bad
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Megozuks: 8:42am On Jul 01, 2014
@OP, what kind of neighbour are you?

1 Like

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Atmmachine(m): 8:45am On Jul 01, 2014
WHAT OF THE FORKING NEIGHBOURS

I recently bought a radio because of them.
They scream like tiger generator when fork every night.
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by joecooper(m): 8:47am On Jul 01, 2014
I fall into the Mysterious zone..... I barely even know the name of 3 people in d house i stay. just the hi, hi thing or sometimes go knock on their door to drive out if their car is parked beside me. Even of sometimes they do wanna meet probably to contribute to fix faulty stuffs in the compound, i just tell them to foward the bills when the meeting is done. Its just me myself and I there

4 Likes

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Nobody: 8:47am On Jul 01, 2014
Number 3. Suits me though
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by vikel2104: 9:14am On Jul 01, 2014
Megozuks: @OP, what kind of neighbour are you?
The discussion is about our neighbours not us. Check the first page again(11th comment) for the description of my neighbours.
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Ishilove: 9:26am On Jul 01, 2014
mencade5: na wetin i tell am ooo. Why are we thinking towards tge same direction? Am also passive too because i have expereinced too many ''amebo'' neighbours before which forced me to become passive. or are u having a crush on me? tongue
Lol. For your mind. grin

It is the way you present yourself that will determine how the amebo neighbour will associate with you. When my neighbours take a look at my politely distant face and demeanour, they don't bring any unnecessary famzing to me.
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by somsom(f): 9:45am On Jul 01, 2014
I once had a copy cat and over borrowing neighbour. The copy cat, made me her standard for living. She made whatever hairstyle I made and changes hers a day after I change main. She takes pictures of my cloth everytime, and ends up making the same style, even when the style of the cloth is not fine. She got a new TV cos she thought I bought a new one, not knowing the TV case she saw was for my old TV and has been in my store.
The order knocks at my gate by 1am to borrow sugar, milk or even salt. Thank God all is now past.
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by NosaHenry(m): 9:46am On Jul 01, 2014
I currently do not have neighbors. I don't need any, having experienced a miserable room mate while in school. I have worked hard and built a big mansion for myself, fenced round on 200 by 200 plot of land. No neighbouring, no gossips, no encroachment whatsoever.
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Nobody: 9:48am On Jul 01, 2014
i'm a PASSIVE NEIGHBOR. Because i'm a fully fledged INTROVERT.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by IAMBREEZY: 9:52am On Jul 01, 2014
but if you live in a mansion like i do you won't experience all these BS
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Djicemob: 10:03am On Jul 01, 2014
Nairalanders can form sha grin...The things i noticed so far here:
Everyone here is a passive neighbour.
Everyone here has a car.
Everyone here now lives in their own house now.
Everyone has neighbours who borrows from him/her not the other way round.
Everyone here has neighbours gossiping him or her.
Nobody here lives in face me i face u.
Nobody here shares toilet or bathroom with their neighbours.
Nice one grin coolcarry on.lol

13 Likes

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by niceeric(m): 10:09am On Jul 01, 2014
Djicemob: Nairalanders can form sha grin...The things i noticed so far here:
Everyone here is a passive neighbour.
Everyone here has a car.
Everyone here now lives in their own house now.
Everyone has neighbours who borrows from him/her not the other way round.
Everyone here has neighbours gossiping him or her.
Nobody here lives in face me i face u.
Nobody here shares toilet or bathroom with their neighbours.
Nice one grin coolcarry on.lol
and almost everyone has a mansion......Diaris God oooo

1 Like

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by janejive(f): 10:33am On Jul 01, 2014
ubongutioh: Since I moved into my apartment 4months ago, I've been Sharing my BB charger with this man! He knocks my door every now and then, 'pls your BB charger', 'charge my BB for me'. 6am he knocks, 11pm he knocks, all in the name of BB charger. And the annoying thing is that, I can be having sometime with my babe, when he knocks I may refuse to open, he won't leave, he will keep on knocking till you open. He is in mid fifties and married and I can't asked him to stop.
. Pls just dash him ur charger and get a new one for yourself, dats really annoying

1 Like

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by aijaydiva(f): 10:37am On Jul 01, 2014
was really reading to find d kind of neighbors i have. my neighbor is a marijuana addict and a noise maker. he is either at work or at home. he never goes visiting so he always has visitors. and guess wat!? marijuana is always the oji (wat he offers dem). worst part of it is that they always come outdoors to smoke it and u can neva breath fresh air in compound. even inside d house all u perceive is "mary jane". i have not even talked of the constant loud music and Noise. not to even talk of the wrestling that always occurs between him n his wife. hmmmmm we r running away this month ooo.
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by uboma(m): 10:51am On Jul 01, 2014
Ishilove:
Simply tell him your bb charger is burnt, or you could dash him your own and buy another one.

Best response.
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by snthesis(m): 10:53am On Jul 01, 2014
aijaydiva: was really reading to find d kind of neighbors i have. my neighbor is a marijuana addict and a noise maker. he is either at work or at home. he never goes visiting so he always has visitors. and guess wat!? marijuana is always the oji (wat he offers dem). worst part of it is that they always come outdoors to smoke it and u can neva breath fresh air in compound. even inside d house all u perceive is "mary jane". i have not even talked of the constant loud music and Noise. not to even talk of the wrestling that always occurs between him n his wife. hmmmmm we r running away this month ooo.
datz a "chairman" neighbor wink
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by sebali: 10:58am On Jul 01, 2014
Djicemob: I had this weird neighbour ones back in university days,The only thing i or we know abt this guy is his name "jigga"(not even his real name)He neva talks to anyone,doesnt have any friends,neva ask for favors,dont drink,doesnt go to church or mosque(we heard rumors that he is a muslim),nobody knows what his room looks like,20 rooms and nobody really got close to him... till we graduated. #Creepy

I also had a neighbor lik dis while in skul only dat mine goes to church on sundays and he only talks to d unattractive gal in d hostel who shy away from everyone else.
we all heard dis rumour dat he was a cultist(a senior member) bt d guy looks too weak for dis to be true
dis made it weirder.
SO WE ALL GOSSIPED HIM BUT WE SURE GAVE HIM SPACE COS IN EKPSODIN U CAN NEVA BE TOO SURE
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by justmenoni: 11:09am On Jul 01, 2014
Was about saying that but you beat me to that,everyone on the thread are passive neigbors lol and everyone on the thread are very wealthy people(home theatre blah blah blah grin grin grin)...
niceeric:
and almost everyone has a mansion......Diaris God oooo
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Peterock0009: 11:25am On Jul 01, 2014
vikel2104: Staying in a neighbourhood gives you the chance to meet different types of people and learning to deal with them. Below are some different possible types of neighbours you can have.

1.Parentless kids.
There is always sound of yelling kids from their house. Their parents are never at home. They are noise making little beings.

2.The Over-friendly Neighbour
They make your business, their business. You like it or not. These are typically the neighbours who will literally stay in your house and wouldn’t even mind helping you out with your daily chores. They don’t know where to draw the line and end up being over friendly. More often than not they cross the line. These neighbours want to know everything about you, your family, how much money you earn every month, where all do you make investments and you’re spending patterns. They want to know it all without even once thinking that these are personal and you are not comfortable sharing them.

3.The Really Mysterious Neighbour .
There is never any noise coming from his apartment. However, the only dialogue you ever had with this type of neighbour probably consists of “Hello!” and “Nice weather today, huh?” You’ve probably noticed that the really mysterious neighbour comes back home either late at night or early in the morning. And he doesn’t appear to be drunk which makes things even weirder. You have no idea where he goes, what he does and whether you should be worried that he might be a criminal or not. You better stick to just ‘hello’ when talking to this neighbour and never ask him anything because you know what happened to the curious cat, right? It became a victim of its really mysterious neighbour.

4.The fighting couple.
These neighbours fight with their spouse in the open and keep throwing offensive words at each other. They just disturb the peace of the neighbourhood.

5.The Copy Cats � The Me Too Neighbours
If you are noticing a pattern of your neighbours having the same things you possess from quite some time now, then you can rule out the option of it being a sheer co-incidence – it’s called copying. These are the type of neighbours who have no clue about what they want to buy and would just end up buying/doing the same set of things that you do, just to fit in. They would scan everything in your home if invited for a chat and when you go to their house, a replica of it would be there too.

6.The Constant Borrowers
It’s a pleasant Saturday morning and you hear somebody knocking at your door. Surprise! The same neighbour who keeps asking you for something or the other is here again asking you for a cup of sugar. These are the neighbours who make complete utilization of the word “HELP” and would constantly keep borrowing things from you. If you have these type of neighbours consider adding a separate list in your monthly budget called “Neighbours list”!

7. Alcoholic neighbour.
Someone is knocking at your door and picking your lock at 1 a.m in the morning? Oh, wait, it’s just your alcoholic neigbhour who is once again on the wrong floor. Someone puked on your doorstep? Who was it this time? – the alcoholic guy next door.

8. The Party Freaks.
These are most likely young people who love to go out for parties and always invite their friends over for a party in their house. The sound of loud music and loud voices is the proof that they are at it again.

9.The Problem Creators
These neighbours are just too fussy about everything you do from moving a chair at your home to having a social event at your home-every single thing of your action bothers them and they are just waiting to gun you down! They are the ones who are unhappy about everything about their neighbourhood and would constantly keep bickering.

10. The Passive neighbor.
This one is just there. He doesn’t make noise or look for trouble. He doesn’t seem to have any problem with anyone and just takes life as it comes. He's just a jolly good fellow. Most persons would like to have him as a neighbour.

Which of these portrays your neighbor? Don't just type the number please! Thank you.

Did not find any description that fits your neighbour? Feel free to add yours.

That no. 3 describes me cheesy
Sorry my neighbours tongue
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Geniero: 11:31am On Jul 01, 2014
i have two very troublesome elderly neighbors staying above my apartment....#deep sigh
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Nobody: 11:37am On Jul 01, 2014
Op thank you for this thread , my neighbor is no 3, the son died last two weeks, they hide it from us and they didn't even cry, sometimes I wonder where they come from

1 Like

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Odunharry(m): 11:42am On Jul 01, 2014
Bantino: I'm in the passive category, I don't even know my neighbours well, we only interact during compound meetings. It's just like 'to your tents oh Isreal'
happy new month bro
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Nobody: 12:02pm On Jul 01, 2014
I'm the sociable type,but since i moved into my new apartment,i've changed to an introvert,because i don't even know the category my neighbours fall into,i live in a one bedroom self contain and the house consists of seven flats,my neighbours can drink anything alcoholic as if their life depends on it,they dont mind drinking everyday,and what pisses me off the most is the way their wives also drink,they are all married except me,gush,i hate lady drunkards,at times their wives would just form a gathering and start drinking,one of the ladies can drink dry a whole bar,i drink but not always......
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Ericardo7(m): 12:06pm On Jul 01, 2014
I'm the number 2 kinda neighbour....my neighbours are kinda used tew mhi. I call d elder ones "daddy" and "mummy". I enter any house (kitchen mostly), eat, chat, play, do chores ones in a while. Everybody loves me. I'm known as the "Son-Of-The-Street"
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Nobody: 12:42pm On Jul 01, 2014
SkinnyDude: i dont know where i fall in. but i dont greet our neighbours, the married ones. when i see them outside the compound, i throw my face away. familiarity breeds insult. i dont need that.

You are no 3

1 Like

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jul 01, 2014
[quote author=5minsmadness][size=14pt]What about neighbors that scream like goats during sex? grin . My current landlord is guilty of this grin grin[/size][/quote

Nairaland no go kill person with laugh
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by alextayo(m): 2:07pm On Jul 01, 2014
I have this neighbour who usually send her teenage daughters to come and charge lamps and torchlights anytime I put on my gen. and they sometimes bring their phones for charging and I dont have any problem with that. But one day when I was in the thick middle of things, they came knocking and I refused to open the door and to my annoyance, the kept on knocking, trying the door handle because they knew I was inside. I was forced to attend to them so I can enjoy my glorious moment but with a stern warning. They also have an habit of standing by the gate to catch a view of my female visitors when im seeing them off.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Bantino(m): 2:23pm On Jul 01, 2014
Odunharry:
happy new month bro

Tankx my man, happy new month to you too...
Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by aminaeke: 2:34pm On Jul 01, 2014
I can say am a bit mysterious but the passive type. All i do is hello, hii, how was ur day, fine, it ends there cos i dnt have time fr gossips i pay my dues as when due, greet everybody but dont enter anybody's house, dont borrow anything frm anyone i manage what ever i have, no friend no enemy, mind my business, if someone is in need and it gets to my notice i help if i have, not a busy body in anyone's affair. the truth of the matter is i gradually earn my self respect cos no one in the compound knows anything serious about me, all they know is my name, i go to work , my religion, where i come from - Case Close!!! grin

2 Likes

Re: 10 Different Types Of Neighbours. Which Is Yours? by Sweetlemon(f): 2:45pm On Jul 01, 2014
ssultana: But of course nairalanders, you are all the passive neghbours and your "neighbours" are anything but passive undecided

Most active NLers are introverts. Forget all the noise they make here. they are like pus.sy cats in their neighborhoods/offices.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Olubunmi Uko Drops Suicide Note, Disappears / Woman And Her Husband Side Chick Battle On Whatsapp Chat (pics) / Checkout This Cute 4 Generation Photos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.