Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,545 members, 7,809,005 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:00 PM

Job Opportunities For Microbiologists (b.sc.) - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Job Opportunities For Microbiologists (b.sc.) (7195 Views)

A Thread For Microbiologists / Vacancy For Microbiologists At Spring Time Medical Center Akwa Ibom. / Industrial Chemists, Chemists & Microbiologists Needed For Internship In Ph. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Job Opportunities For Microbiologists (b.sc.) by AmegoA(m): 9:31pm On Jun 29, 2014
Please what job opportunities are available for fresh graduates of Microbiology (B.Sc.)?
Re: Job Opportunities For Microbiologists (b.sc.) by marvelling(m): 9:52pm On Jun 29, 2014
Amego A.:
Please what job opportunities are available for fresh graduates of Microbiology (B.Sc.)?
lol grin welcome to nigeria!

what area do you want to specialize in?

or are you the anywhere belle face type? grin

answer the questions first before i talk more

2 Likes

Re: Job Opportunities For Microbiologists (b.sc.) by AmegoA(m): 11:00pm On Jun 29, 2014
Initially I wanted to focus on the medical aspect of MCB but in recent years Medical Lab. Scientists seem to be preferred in that field.
So I'm considering the Industrial aspect for now before I can further my studies.
Re: Job Opportunities For Microbiologists (b.sc.) by marvelling(m): 5:53am On Jun 30, 2014
Amego A.:
Initially I wanted to focus on the medical aspect of MCB but in recent years Medical Lab. Scientists seem to be preferred in that field.
So I'm considering the Industrial aspect for now before I can further my studies.
grin
the issue with MLSCN is being handled with kids gloves, those guys know they can take microbiologists for a ride and block us from being involved with the healthcare system, angry afterall the law that brought them into existence enables them to do so.

as for industrial, its good, it is usually offered as food/industrial or industrial/environmental, at the Msc level, depending on the taste of the student offering it. Anyway, i suggest you set yourself up with something rather than slave away for some company for peanuts. if you can source for funds, i suggest you go into production of yeast, starter culture for yogurt or mushroom farming/mushroom spawn production. we need out of the box thinking to survive in this sh.i.t hole called nigeria.

by the way, are you interested in having a career as a research scientist?

1 Like

Re: Job Opportunities For Microbiologists (b.sc.) by vivalavida(m): 2:59pm On Jun 30, 2014
marvelling:
grin
the issue with MLSCN is being handled with kids gloves, those guys know they can take microbiologists for a ride and block us from being involved with the healthcare system, angry afterall the law that brought them into existence enables them to do so.

as for industrial, its good, it is usually offered as food/industrial or industrial/environmental, at the Msc level, depending on the taste of the student offering it. Anyway, i suggest you set yourself up with something rather than slave away for some company for peanuts. if you can source for funds, i suggest you go into production of yeast, starter culture for yogurt or mushroom farming/mushroom spawn production. we need out of the box thinking to survive in this sh.i.t hole called nigeria.

Re: Job Opportunities For Microbiologists (b.sc.) by Mintayo(m): 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2014
marvelling:
grin

nice post.
The issue with MSLCN was a big one when i wanted to do my IT then in one FMC,they wanted to screen us MCBites out if not for the intervention of the Director then. As a matter of fact an MCB holde isn't allowed to establish a Laboratory. And its something i intend having some day!
Re: Job Opportunities For Microbiologists (b.sc.) by AmegoA(m): 6:00pm On Jun 30, 2014
marvelling:
grin

Sure, I'm interested.
Re: Job Opportunities For Microbiologists (b.sc.) by marvelling(m): 10:48pm On Jul 05, 2014
Amego A.:

Sure, I'm interested.
cool cool you are one of the few MCbites I've met that don't mind doing research professionally. Fortunately there are quite a number of research institutes in Nigeria (government owned) that enlist the services of microbiologists. You could be on the look out for employment opportunities when available in these institutes. Only NIMR, NIOMR & FIIRO are located in lagos. The rest are scattered round the country.

1 Like

Re: Job Opportunities For Microbiologists (b.sc.) by AmegoA(m): 5:31pm On Jul 06, 2014
marvelling: cool cool you are one of the few MCbites I've met that don't mind doing research professionally. Fortunately there are quite a number of research institutes in Nigeria (government owned) that enlist the services of microbiologists. You could be on the look out for employment opportunities when available in these institutes. Only NIMR, NIOMR & FIIRO are located in lagos. The rest are scattered round the country.

Thanks for the info. Pls can you help me with those acronyms in your post?
Re: Job Opportunities For Microbiologists (b.sc.) by Mintayo(m): 6:52pm On Jul 06, 2014
marvelling: cool cool you are one of the few MCbites I've met that don't mind doing research professionally. Fortunately there are quite a number of research institutes in Nigeria (government owned) that enlist the services of microbiologists. You could be on the look out for employment opportunities when available in these institutes. Only NIMR, NIOMR & FIIRO are located in lagos. The rest are scattered round the country.
I am interested too.

1 Like

Re: Job Opportunities For Microbiologists (b.sc.) by marvelling(m): 9:42pm On Jul 06, 2014
AmegoA:

Thanks for the info. Pls can you help me with those acronyms in your post?
ok, NIMR is the Nigerian Institute of Medical Research, which is located at yaba
NIOMR is the Nigerian Institute of Oceanography & Marine Research, which is located on victoria island
FIIRO is the Federal Institute of Industrial Research, which located at Oshodi

you can google them to find out their websites and exact address. each of these institutes regularly organise training workshops and programmes for individuals and they also recruit every 3-4 years, so be on the look out. you can get more info by visiting their sites
Re: Job Opportunities For Microbiologists (b.sc.) by Nobody: 9:45pm On Jul 06, 2014

Marvelling nawa.ooo long time, you remember me that med lab science dude... I always see you for microbiology thread, your love for mcb knows.no bound.. I appreciate your entusiasm towards mcb..

Like u kno am a lab scientist, majoring in mcb. Me sef I no fancy hospital lab bench, I wan think out of the box.

I am considering writing some food and pharma companies for internshp as regards quality control officer.
Re: Job Opportunities For Microbiologists (b.sc.) by Nobody: 9:47pm On Jul 06, 2014

Marvelling nawa.ooo long time, you remember me that med lab science dude... I always see you for microbiology thread, your love for mcb knows.no bound.. I appreciate your entusiasm towards mcb..

Like u kno am a lab scientist, majoring in mcb. Me sef I no fancy hospital lab bench, I wan think out of the box.

I am considering writing some food and pharma companies for internshp as regards quality control officer.
Re: Job Opportunities For Microbiologists (b.sc.) by marvelling(m): 9:54pm On Jul 06, 2014
cowleg:

yeah i remember you, what happened to your other handle?
your idea is very good, infact i encourage you not to relent. most food/beverage/pharmaceutical companies that employ microbiologists as quality control officers are located in lagos. unless you see a place in the east, lagos-ogun state axis will be a good place to start
Re: Job Opportunities For Microbiologists (b.sc.) by Nobody: 10:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
marvelling:
yeah i remember you, what happened to your other handle?
your idea is very good, infact i encourage you not to relent. most food/beverage/pharmaceutical companies that employ microbiologists as quality control officers are located in lagos. unless you see a place in the east, lagos-ogun state axis will be a good place to start

I deactivated the handle, coz I notice I put up several classified info and my user name is popular among people who know me.

There are pharma and food coys in east but not many shaa..

What are you into now, you know say I look up to you.
Re: Job Opportunities For Microbiologists (b.sc.) by marvelling(m): 10:40pm On Jul 06, 2014
cowleg:

I deactivated the handle, coz I notice I put up several classified info and my user name is popular among people who know me.

There are pharma and food coys in east but not many shaa..

What are you into now, you know say I look up to you.

for now, am into hustling tinz. adequate funding is needed to achieve some goals

you can also broaden your search light to port harcourt, if its convenient for you

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Job Opportunities For Microbiologists (b.sc.) by codedomoluabi(m): 12:41pm On Mar 05, 2016
Am on my MSC in Medical microbiology and parasitology after a first degree in MCB ....job search as being frustrating...
Re: Job Opportunities For Microbiologists (b.sc.) by ifelayosho(f): 11:45am On Aug 10, 2016
hello fellow mcbs im new on ds thread i also intend doin msc in medical mcb and parasitology, pls what job opportunity do u think that wld offer us cos in and can it b use to wrk in industries also, juz dnt want to do an msc that wld have limited job opportunity.pls reply thanks
codedomoluabi:
Am on my MSC in Medical microbiology and parasitology after a first degree in MCB ....job search as being frustrating...
Re: Job Opportunities For Microbiologists (b.sc.) by odutolasodiq(m): 1:43pm On Aug 10, 2016
AmegoA:
following

(1) (Reply)

Amusement Park Job At Solution Media And Infotech Applicants. Let's Meet Here / Apply For These Graduate & Experience Opportunities At NETCO Company / How To Apply For A Major FMCG Company Recruitment (2 Positions)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.