Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,320 members, 7,808,077 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:48 AM

Starting A Profitable Flour Business - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / Starting A Profitable Flour Business (3272 Views)

How To Start A Profitable Plantain Farm In Nigeria (pics) / How To Start And Grow A Profitable Plantain Flour Business In Nigeria / Starting A Poultry Farm (a Blog) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting A Profitable Flour Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:51pm On Jun 29, 2014
Nigeria is one of.the largest producers of plantain in Sub-saharan africa. Over 300,000 tonnes are produced per annum.
Government have realised that the future of Agribusiness in Nigeria lies in the processing of agrocommodities in terms of profit,wealth creation and employment generation.
Recently the Nigeria Export Promotion Council said that FG will soon ban the exportation of raw materials to other countries.
There is need to start processing the abundance raw materials available in Nigeria.
One of the agroproducts to start processing is plantain which is not only produce abundantly but also is readily available in big markets in the country.
To start a profitable plantain flour business,a lot of questions and research needed to be done before venturing into the business.
Questions to be asked
1.What innovation am i bringing into the industry?
2.How can i.differentiate my products from the competitors?
3.Who are my customers?
4.How do i reach them?
5.Where do i source the plantain from?
Starting a processing plant requires that you know what your competitor are doing and try to do.it better.
There is also need for differentiation of.your products from through branding and reaching your customers at a lowest possible means than your competittor.
Plantain plantations are concentrated in Ondo state,Anambra,Bayelsa,Cross-river state,Osun,Oyo Ogun state e.t.c
So therefore to.start plantain flour on a profitable note,there is need to put all of these unlimited factor into consideration.
Drop your comments,questions for clarification,more info or technical assistance for consulting,managing or setting-up of flour processing factory.
Re: Starting A Profitable Flour Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:34am On Jun 30, 2014
There is a huge gap between Plantain flour demand and supply in Nigeria.The supply is about 20% of the total demand in Nigeria.
This is a huge opportunity for entrepreneurs to take advantage of but to do this,it is necessary to have a unique selling point for your products.
How do you differentiate your products from the popular brands we have;Ayoola,Ola-Ola flour? e.t.c. is the question you should continually ask yourself.
Like us on www.facebook.com/lesgupnigeria for more info or call 08164628081 or 01-7910494
Re: Starting A Profitable Flour Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:58pm On Jun 30, 2014
Plantain flour is highly sought by diabetic patients and old people that does not like sugar.
Therefore your potential customer should be diabetic patients and older people.
Re: Starting A Profitable Flour Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:12pm On Jun 30, 2014
Profit is what is left when you all the production.cost have been recovered.
Starting a profitable flour business require that you recouped your investment within 2-3 years of production.
Anything less than that,there is a need to restrategies.
Re: Starting A Profitable Flour Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:17am On Jul 05, 2014
Q:Someone asked: How can my plantain flour be fortified with Vitamin A to differentiate it from other brands.
A:Firstly,Plantain flour should not be fortified with Vitamin A because plantain flour is very rich in Vitamin A.
Fortification is done when there is deficiency of nutrients in a food product.
Other flours such as wheat flour,cassava flour can.be fortified with Vitamin A which are very deficient in the vitamins.
Re: Starting A Profitable Flour Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:55pm On Jul 07, 2014
Processing of Agro-Commodities:The Fast Lane To Making Millions and Wealth....coming soon.
Re: Starting A Profitable Flour Business by SAKUR: 8:21pm On Jul 07, 2014
Lesgupnigeria: Processing of Agro-Commodities:The Fast Lane To Making Millions and Wealth....coming soon.

Can you paste your email ID here? I have some questions for you..
Re: Starting A Profitable Flour Business by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:39am On Jul 10, 2014
SAKUR:

Can you paste your email ID here? I have some questions for you..
my email is yusuffgbenga@gmail.com or you call 01-7910494 or 08164628081.
Re: Starting A Profitable Flour Business by mumanex: 6:59pm On Jul 14, 2014
Lesgupnigeria: Plantain flour is highly sought by diabetic patients and old people that does not like sugar.
Therefore your potential customer should be diabetic patients and older people.
I think the guy managing this thread is not capable
Plantain flour is not only good for diabetic patient but for even other people with health challenges.
Re: Starting A Profitable Flour Business by raphaeladex: 9:23am On Jul 17, 2014
Lesgupnigeria: Processing of Agro-Commodities:The Fast Lane To Making Millions and Wealth....coming soon.
Still Waiting for your response sir.
Re: Starting A Profitable Flour Business by PresidKing(m): 3:51am On Sep 14, 2015
Lesgupnigeria:
Nigeria is one of.the largest producers of plantain in Sub-saharan africa. Over 300,000 tonnes are produced per annum.
Government have realised that the future of Agribusiness in Nigeria lies in the processing of agrocommodities in terms of profit,wealth creation and employment generation.
Recently the Nigeria Export Promotion Council said that FG will soon ban the exportation of raw materials to other countries.
There is need to start processing the abundance raw materials available in Nigeria.
One of the agroproducts to start processing is plantain which is not only produce abundantly but also is readily available in big markets in the country.
To start a profitable plantain flour business,a lot of questions and research needed to be done before venturing into the business.
Questions to be asked
1.What innovation am i bringing into the industry?
2.How can i.differentiate my products from the competitors?
3.Who are my customers?
4.How do i reach them?
5.Where do i source the plantain from?
Starting a processing plant requires that you know what your competitor are doing and try to do.it better.
There is also need for differentiation of.your products from through branding and reaching your customers at a lowest possible means than your competittor.
Plantain plantations are concentrated in Ondo state,Anambra,Bayelsa,Cross-river state,Osun,Oyo Ogun state e.t.c
So therefore to.start plantain flour on a profitable note,there is need to put all of these unlimited factor into consideration.
Drop your comments,questions for clarification,more info or technical assistance for consulting,managing or setting-up of flour processing factory.

@Lesgupnigeria, did you kill this thread

(1) (Reply)

Pic Of Another Thief Caught By My Fishing Net / cassava for sale!!!!! pickup. / Groundnut From Benue Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.