Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,351 members, 7,808,229 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:06 AM

3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry (12936 Views)

Aliko Dangote Will Start Selling Forex (dollars, Pounds, Euros Etc) To The C.B.N / Top 3 Reasons Why You Shouldn't Hold Your ATM Card In Your Hand While On Queue!! / The Best MLM (Multi-Level Marketing) Emerge From Nigeria To Make People Rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Lesgupnigeria(m): 11:48pm On Jun 29, 2014
Recently,the business of agriculture has taken a new dimension and stakeholders in the policy formulation have change the level of administering agriculture as a developmental activity to a more pragmatic,business-like approach.
This cause a surge in the investors,entrepreneurs,and industrialists to.participate in.agribusiness.
With the insurgence of small-medium.scale farms,processing factories,increment in exportation activities of agro-preneurs and investors,agribusiness industry is the next biggest wealth creator,high margin income generator to the country's economy.
States such as Ogun,Osun,Lagos and Port-harcourt have witness about $9billion dollars foreign direct investment in agriculture in the last 2 years alone which is expected to triple that amount in the next years.

Firstly,the robust agricultural loans and credits for the agribusiness chain value from the farmers to the traders and to the processor at low interest rate has been put in place by various commercial banks in Nigeria made possible through the Nigerian Incentive-based Risk-Sharing System For Agricultural Lending (NIRSAL).
NIRSAL was initiated by the Central bank of Nigeria and its perhap the most comprehensive and ambitious agricultural lending strategy which focuses on the agricultural value chain so that banks can lend to agricultural value chain by offering strong incentives and technical assistance.
Dying Nigerian Agricultural Insurance Corporation have also been reverbrated and about 100 million dollars injected for its operations.
Variety of risks including weather and all other risks can now be insured under the various products rolled out for farmers,traders and processor of agribusinessmen/women.

Secondly,by 2050 the population of the world will have over 9 billion people with more than 30% of that to be on Sub-saharan Africa alone.
By then Nigeria population is expected to have quadruple to about 600 million people.
Lands for.cultivation is expected to have decrease because of urbanisation (population seeking land to build houses) which will put more pressure on lands for cultivation purposes.
An increased population of the Middle class (people earning $100,000 and above/year) is also expected to consume more of fresh produce and processed agric-products from producers and processors.
This will in many ways improve tremendously the income of the farmers and processor of agro-commodities.

The Third Reason: Technology and innovations is also expected to have change the way fresh and processed produce are to be made available to the final consumers.Selling of farm produce on e-commerce sites and websites are expected to make more farmers multi-millionaire in the shortest possible time ever.
The agric sector will be buoyant in.few years time because of gradual abandonment of oil by the government which has been faced with major challenges of flunctuation of oil price in the world market, lack of patronage from the major buyer (USA), and cost of importation of this refined products.
In summary,the next future will see the next Dangote emerge from the agribusiness industry.
Drop your comments,questions for more info or technical assistance.
Like my fan page on www.facebook.com/waleagro

You can also read some of my informative articles
https://www.nairaland.com/3011053/get-free-hybrid-suckers-up
www.nairaland.com/2097637/hidden-truths-plantain-farming-business
www.nairaland.com/2054489/how-start-profitable-plantain-farm

www.nairaland.com/2590099/fast-money-making-machine-crop

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:41am On Jun 30, 2014
Over the last 5 years,Dangote have invested over $20 billion in the agricultural sector.
returns on investment in agribusiness have been estimated to be about 40% of his total wealth.
Keep investing and in no time you are going to reap it.
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:05pm On Jun 30, 2014
The agribusiness Dangote of tomorrow would be an innovative,technology savvy, with determination and peserverance.
Agribusiness have never been investing today and return on investment tomorow.
Patient and persistency is needed.
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by tinulove(m): 5:08pm On Jun 30, 2014
Very True Lesgupnigeria, its amazing how this guy broke the barriers and supposed Nigeria economic chains to NOT only become a Nigerian Business Mogul but also leaped to become the Wealthiest Man in Africa. I took out time analysed Dangote's worth and right now with your analysis, I cannot imagine in which currency will this Guy be worth in 2050. If he can, then anybody can, except there is another extra he is doing that we dont know. See my analysis of Richest Man in Africa-Dangote: http://www.jvmorris.biz/the-richest-man-in-africa-gets-another-700-million-dividend/
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Lesgupnigeria(m): 9:04pm On Jun 30, 2014
tinulove: Very True Lesgupnigeria, its amazing how this guy broke the barriers and supposed Nigeria economic chains to NOT only become a Nigerian Business Mogul but also leaped to become the Wealthiest Man in Africa. I took out time analysed Dangote's worth and right now with your analysis, I cannot imagine in which currency will this Guy be worth in 2050. If he can, then anybody can, except there is another extra he is doing that we dont know. See my analysis of Richest Man in Africa-Dangote: http://www.jvmorris.biz/the-richest-man-in-africa-gets-another-700-million-dividend/
Great article.I must commend your efforts in your Dangote business analysis article
.Great one

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Nobody: 9:12pm On Jun 30, 2014
Lesgupnigeria: Over the last 5 years,Dangote have invested over $20 billion in the agricultural sector.
returns on investment in agribusiness have been estimated to be about 40% of his total wealth.
Keep investing and in no time you are going to reap it.
Do you even appreciate the gravity of what you said here? I do not like people that are too smooth, in the end its all jagged, causes bruises and hurts like mad.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:23am On Jul 01, 2014
blink182: Do you even appreciate the gravity of what you said here? I do not like people that are too smooth, in the end its all jagged, causes bruises and hurts like mad.
Thanks blink182
The figure was a typographical error.
it should be $2 billion instead of $20 billion.
Dangote has actually invested over $2 billion in the last 5 years in the agricultural sector.
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Nobody: 8:42am On Jul 01, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:
Thanks blink182
The figure was a typographical error.
it should be $2 billion instead of $20 billion.
Dangote has actually invested over $2 billion in the last 5 years in the agricultural sector.
OK
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by tinulove(m): 3:31pm On Jul 01, 2014
3 Things You Must Do (Today) Into Second Half Of The Year
Today should be a critical day in your business, work or life. Because it’s the last day of the first half of 2014. That’s right, the year is already halfway over. So right now is the PERFECT time to take an honest look at your business, see how much progress you’ve made so far this […]
read all: http://www.jvmorris.biz/3-things-you-must-do-today-into-second-half-of-the-year/
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:26pm On Jul 01, 2014
How to start your agribusiness small and grow big in Nigeria.
....coming soon
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by just4just: 4:51pm On Jul 03, 2014
Your analysis on point. I am in to start agric business. I wish more eye opening writeup comes on. Do you people have seminar
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:50am On Jul 05, 2014
just4just: Your analysis on point. I am in to start agric business. I wish more eye opening writeup comes on. Do you people have seminar
The next batch of our training seminar will be starting next month.
call 01-7910494,08164628091
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Rexyl(m): 10:59am On Jul 05, 2014
with all Windows of opportunities from attic sector majority of farmers are still wallowing in abject poverty. I wonder who among such farmers would emerge the next dangote. what would be the dos &dons of such farmer to have come to that high?
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
Rexyl: with all Windows of opportunities from attic sector majority of farmers are still wallowing in abject poverty. I wonder who among such farmers would emerge the next dangote. what would be the dos &dons of such farmer to have come to that high?
Thanks.Good question.
Value Technology: In this 21st century,internet is very essential in reaching hundred of thousands of final consumers which is very important in agribusiness as well.
The power of internet,e-commerce can.not be underestimated in tapping and taking advantage into the opportunities agriculture presents.
No more Small Scale Farming: The Future Dangote in Agribusiness will be farming on a commercial scale with the latest technology such as zero tillage and use of GPS in production.
This does not only reduce cost of production,it encourage efficiency and reduces risks.
The future agribusiness multi-billionaire will have to start small even with 1 or 2 hectares but must not remain small.
Value-Adding Agriproducts - To make more profit in agriculture,you need to add more value to your produce either through processing,providing storage facilities or transporting (Exportation),there is need to add value to your produce.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by djdoxxx(m): 8:43pm On Jul 06, 2014
I will be glad to teach interested and determined people how to rear quail birds....the seminar is free for all,so we can promote agriculture as this is the best and quickest way to empower our youths and job seeking graduates.....other farm exploits are rearing of pigs,snails,bullets,turkeys,layers,broilers,etc....but as youths;it is cool to start small and easy so you safe yourself the risk of having hypertension....I worked in the obasanjo's farm and I know exactly what I'm saying....u can reach me on 08169552020 or djdox_anthony@yahoo.com....let's just talk business and progress...We on our own should empower ourselves and stop waiting for the government to do so...I started farm business in a sitting room;where I reared quail birds and today I can boast of having a 4plots of land where I combine rearing of other livestocks within a year....this is just to encourage you guys that you should not underestimate the power of AGRICULTURE...I recently created a page on facebook so peeps can like and get updated,www.facebook.com/princedoxxfarmsLTD; I shall also be posting on here frequently....cheers
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Rexyl(m): 9:34pm On Jul 06, 2014
Lesgupnigeria:
Thanks.Good question.
Value Technology: In this 21st century,internet is very essential in reaching hundred of thousands of final consumers which is very important in agribusiness as well.
The power of internet,e-commerce can.not be underestimated in tapping and taking advantage into the opportunities agriculture presents.
No more Small Scale Farming: The Future Dangote in Agribusiness will be farming on a commercial scale with the latest technology such as zero tillage and use of GPS in production.
This does not only reduce cost of production,it encourage efficiency and reduces risks.
The future agribusiness multi-billionaire will have to start small even with 1 or 2 hectares but must not remain small.
Value-Adding Agriproducts - To make more profit in agriculture,you need to add more value to your produce either through processing,providing storage facilities or transporting (Exportation),there is need to add value to your produce.

hope the would-be farmer will start working on your recommendations and incorporate many others that will make him an emerging millionaire from agro based enterprises.
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Lesgupnigeria(m): 8:13am On Jul 07, 2014
Rexyl:

hope the would-be farmer will start working on your recommendations and incorporate many others that will make him an emerging millionaire from agro based enterprises.
Thanks
Nigerians are already starting now but there are still opportunities yet to be tapped into.
With excellent climate,Over millions of hectares of land uncultivated, Excellent Locally fabricated machineries and equipment, Good labour force, and exportable products.
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:32pm On Jul 07, 2014
Exportable food crops include cassava,ginger,cocoa,dried ugwu leaf,charcoal,plantain.flour.e.t.c
Exportable.food.products are not limited to the above.
To start your export business Call 08164628081 or 01-7910494
For more wealth creating info like us on www.facebook.com/lesgupnigeria

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Lesgupnigeria(m): 5:52pm On Jul 07, 2014
Processing of Agro-Products:The Fast Lane To Making Millions And Wealth....coming soon.
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by mumanex: 7:41am On Jul 08, 2014
Have been following your article
i need to ask some questions.
1.What are the opportunities in.this business that will make one even Millionaire not to talk of being a multi-billionaire.......just curious though
2.How can one take advantage of those opportunities.
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by raphaeladex: 1:25pm On Jul 08, 2014
Good article.
Very stimulating.
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by raphaeladex: 6:28pm On Jul 08, 2014
How can one start investment in agri business.
Please shed more light.
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:25am On Jul 09, 2014
raphaeladex: Good article.
Very stimulating.
thanks.
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Lesgupnigeria(m): 1:05pm On Jul 09, 2014
The population grows 3%annual meaning that we add some millions to our population and these people will consume.
infact by 2050,the population is expected to hit more than half a billion.
Also the value of food products we consume in every 4months is value at over 3 trillion Naira.
imagine you are able to capture just 1% of that,value,you are a made billionaire .
Those billionaires must start investing in agriculture now to enjoy this opportunity.
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:34pm On Jul 09, 2014
raphaeladex: How can one start investment in agri business.
Please shed more light.
You can either start anyhow and anywhere.
You can start by cultivating or processing crop and animals.
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:37am On Jul 10, 2014
mumanex: Have been following your article
i need to ask some questions.
1.What are the opportunities in.this business that will make one even Millionaire not to talk of being a multi-billionaire.......just curious though
2.How can one take advantage of those opportunities.

Opportunities.in agriculture are.numerous but you can start anywhere at anytime with critical look at your resources.
Agro-Exportation,Processing,Production,Distribution,Agricultural services e.t.c
Develop the will and determination to start with whatever you have, anywhere and you are good to go on your road to.prosperity.
When there is a will,there is a way.

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Lesgupnigeria(m): 4:17pm On Jul 10, 2014
You can never get it wrong in agribusiness.
.... Do agric Make Huge Money
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Lesgupnigeria(m): 10:33am On Jul 11, 2014
hf
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Lesgupnigeria(m): 12:24am On Jul 12, 2014
WHY EXPORTATION OF UNPROCESSED RAW-MATERIALS WiLL SLOW YOUR JOURNEY UP TO MAKING MILLIONS AND PROSPERITY.
Exportation of unprocessed or semi processed raw materials such as cassava chips,sesame seed,ginger,groundnut and so on is one of the venture preferable among Nigerians.
Yes,it is profitable but will not be sustainable in the long run.
The hand of time is changing its prosperous hands.in the direction of investors,individuals and entrepreneurs that are able to understand and take advantage of exporting processed food. and not the other way round.
Some prominent companies are taken advantage of that now.This is not only generating foreign currency for them,it is also creating employment for our people in Nigeria
1kg Plantain flour/cassava flour are currently being sold at $25 in major stores across US and UK which is more than 5 times profitable than exporting the raw tubers into the US.
This thread is going to show you the benefit of exporting processed food than unprocessed one.
It also.seems that government is begginning ti.realised that export of unprocessed food products is causing a lot of unemployment and robbing us of our local capacity for processing.
Recently,Nigeria Export Promotion Council said that the federal government will soon ban the exportation of unprocessed raw materials to.other countries.This mean exportation of unprocessed rawmaterials might not be too safe against government policy in the nearest future.

With FOB export contract,
profit on 1ton of cassava chips should be about 40%
1 ton = #15,000; therefore 4tons =15,000*4 = #60,000
Outsource Chipping process = #30,000
Transportation&packaging = #50,000
other expenses = #40,000
Total expenses = #180,000
sold $394/ton = 394*4 = #252,160 ($1=#160)
Profit =#72,160

Processed Plantain/Cassava flour
4 tons of raw tubers will produce 1 tons of flour
1 ton=1000kg
Production capacity -1000kg
market price/kg - $25
Production cost/1kg of flour is #320 =$2
company sales to foreign distributor =$18/kg
Profit =$[18 - 2] = $16/kg
for 1000kg =$16*1000=$16,000
In Nigeria currency= $16,000*160 =#2,560,000
You are making over 2million just by processing.
NOTE:THIS FIGURES ARE HYPOTHETICAL
Just to explain and let you see the different in profit made by exporting processed food products than exporting the unprocessed.
Many local food companies now prefer to export than sell in the local market and are raking in millions on daily basis.
This is the way to making millions...The fast lane to riches.
Ayoola foods and others are living example

1 Like

Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Lesgupnigeria(m): 7:20am On Jul 12, 2014
WHY EXPORTATION OF UNPROCESSED RAW-
MATERIALS WiLL SLOW YOUR JOURNEY DOWN TO
MAKING MILLIONS AND PROSPERITY.
Exportation of unprocessed or semi
processed raw materials such as cassava
chips,sesame seed,ginger,groundnut and so
on is one of the venture preferable among
Nigerians.
Yes,it is profitable but will not be sustainable
in the long run.
The hand of time is changing its prosperous
hands.in the direction of
investors,individuals and entrepreneurs that
are able to understand and take advantage of
exporting processed food. and not the other
way round.
Some prominent companies are taken
advantage of that now.This is not only
generating foreign currency for them,it is
also creating employment for our people in
Nigeria
1kg Plantain flour/cassava flour are currently
being sold at $25 in major stores across US
and UK which is more than 5 times profitable
than exporting the raw tubers into the US.
This thread is going to show you the benefit
of exporting processed food than
unprocessed one.
It also.seems that government is begginning
ti.realised that export of unprocessed food
products is causing a lot of unemployment
and robbing us of our local capacity for
processing.
Recently,Nigeria Export Promotion Council
said that the federal government will soon
ban the exportation of unprocessed raw
materials to.other countries.This mean
exportation of unprocessed rawmaterials
might not be too safe against government
policy in the nearest future.
With FOB export contract,
profit on 1ton of cassava chips should be
about 40%
1 ton = #15,000; therefore 4tons =15,000*4
= #60,000
Outsource Chipping process = #30,000
Transportation&packaging = #50,000
other expenses = #40,000
Total expenses = #180,000
sold $394/ton = 394*4 = #252,160
($1=#160)
Profit =#72,160
Processed Plantain/Cassava flour
4 tons of raw tubers will produce 1 tons of
flour
1 ton=1000kg
Production capacity -1000kg
market price/kg - $25
Production cost/1kg of flour is #320 =$2
company sales to foreign distributor =$18/kg
Profit =$[18 - 2] = $16/kg
for 1000kg =$16*1000=$16,000
In Nigeria currency= $16,000*160
=#2,560,000
You are making over 2million just by
processing.
NOTE:THIS FIGURES ARE HYPOTHETICAL
Just to explain and let you see the different in
profit made by exporting processed food
products than exporting the unprocessed.
Many local food companies now prefer to
export than sell in the local market and are
raking in millions on daily basis.
This is the way to making millions...The fast
lane to riches.
Ayoola foods and others are living example
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Lesgupnigeria(m): 2:45pm On Jul 12, 2014
Why it is impossible to make more millions without processing/manufacturing.....coming soon
.....stay connected
Re: 3 Reasons Why The Next Dangote Will Emerge From Agribusiness Industry by Lesgupnigeria(m): 6:13pm On Jul 12, 2014
Why it is impossible to make more millions
without processing/manufacturing.....coming
soon
.....stay connected

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Oil Crisis: Nigeria Announces New Charges On Private Jets, Yachts, Champagnes / How Whatsapp Can Be Used For Customer Service / Massive Fire At Dosunmu Street Market On Lagos Island.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.