Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,586 members, 7,809,122 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:04 AM

Victimizations Of Nigerians Aboard A Matter Of Urgent National Attention - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Victimizations Of Nigerians Aboard A Matter Of Urgent National Attention (1319 Views)

Patience Jonathan Arrives Abuja Aboard Emirates Airlines / EXCLUSIVE: Revealed: The Nigerians Aboard Jet That Smuggled $9.3 Million Arms... / Boko-Haram Suspect Flown To Abuja Aboard Military Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Victimizations Of Nigerians Aboard A Matter Of Urgent National Attention by onoja12: 4:03am On Jun 30, 2014
The issue of Nigerians been maltreated abroad is one which should mark a quick change in Nigerian foreign policy.I think its high time the ministry of foreign affairs begin to do more than talk,they need to relate with the Nigerian association in countries round the world,the Nigerian missions are doing little or nothing to help Nigeria as a country and Nigerian leaving abroad.more embassies cant even issue the Nigerian passport talk more of assisting Nigerians.
I dare to say that of the over 15,000 Nigerian in jail abroad more than 2/3 of that figure are issues of victimization.
most of this countries have it at the back of there minds that the Nigerian state would do nothing,so they treat the Nigerian citizen as they like,i want to quickly point out that this policy of silence from the Nigerian mission abroad is the main reason why Nigeria is no longer respected on the international seen.
A point of reference is a country in the Caribbean called Guyana,i was arrested for simply applying for a drivers licence.imagine how silly that sounds and then handed to the anti narcotics department,they could not find what to pin on me,so they in turn handed me over to the anti fraud unit,while under interrogation for no crime committed the officer in charge of the fraud unit told me that 99% of Nigerians are drug dealers to which i responded,he has no right to assume that over 167million people as drug dealer when he has never been to Nigeria. angered by my statement he quickly called the immigration department where my application has been pending for 6months,this by the way is a process that is suppose to take 3weeks but for Nigerians it takes as much as 7years,this treatment is only for Nigerians. and after speaking to a Miss Mohammed he then told me that i have over stayed on my visa and my application has been denied.i equally told him in response that i am more than willing to return to my country even though i have been married to a citizen of there country for over 4years but i would not return with any false hood on my passport.
My wife inform the crime chief who i must confess was a perfect gentle man,who immediately ordered my release but stated that the problem the O/C fraud has created from immigration cant be undone by him so the matter must be taken up with there ministry of home affairs.i have thus written letters of protest which of course has not been responded to.

The lessons which can be learnt from this are as followed
1) The laws of this country clearly states that if you don't have the appropriate visa you cant work,with the deliberate policy of making sure Nigerians don't get the visa,this in turn would make sure that the Nigerian population here can not get legitimate work and thus forcing them into a life of crime.
2) countries that produce drugs in this region do not have there citizens tagged as drug dealer but a country that doesn't produce drugs are tagged drug dealers
3)even Nigerian investors are not spared,they are frustrated out
4)Nigerian student take 4-6months to get a student visa while others take 3weeks,its is equally surprising that Nigerian student contribute over 500million Guyana dollar directly and indirectly and account for 60% of the foreign students
5)I have demanded for statistics and it clearly shows that Nigeria is not among the top ten countries with conviction rate in this country,so how come of the hash tag
6)Guyanese citizen in Nigeria are enjoying expertrate quoter and working as guest of the country while to the contrary Nigerians here are treated with such disgust.
To this end i have taken it upon myself to defend the integrity of my country,i shall be meeting with the president of the Nigerian association in Guyana to fashion out a away on getting the government to drop this hash tag on Nigeria and Nigerians,and i shall be writing a letter to the honourable president of Guyana to notify him of this and equally write the Nigerian senate and house of representative as well as the Nigerian ambassador to the Caribbean and the ministry of foreign affairs in Nigeria.
its time we begin to say no to this victimization of our great country and its citizens.

Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Victimizations Of Nigerians Aboard A Matter Of Urgent National Attention by onoja12: 4:10am On Jun 30, 2014
mod please move to front page
Re: Victimizations Of Nigerians Aboard A Matter Of Urgent National Attention by dexentity: 4:25am On Jun 30, 2014
Goodluck with your quest.
Re: Victimizations Of Nigerians Aboard A Matter Of Urgent National Attention by onoja12: 4:26am On Jun 30, 2014
Thank You

dexentity: Goodluck with your quest.
Re: Victimizations Of Nigerians Aboard A Matter Of Urgent National Attention by dexentity: 4:43am On Jun 30, 2014
A country that can't protect their citizen in the country, I wonder if they have what it takes even if they have the zeal to protect those outside which I think they don't have judging from your write up.

It is quite frustrating when someone that is suppose to protect you never cared about you, just try and do what you outlined in your write up. You will be fighting for thousands if not millions of Nigerians and be their voices, I think there is honour in that. Goodluck once again.
Re: Victimizations Of Nigerians Aboard A Matter Of Urgent National Attention by fr3do(m): 5:31am On Jun 30, 2014
We need to start sending these people memos.
Re: Victimizations Of Nigerians Aboard A Matter Of Urgent National Attention by onoja12: 3:14pm On Jun 30, 2014
please help push the campaign by urging the mod to push this to front page
fr3do: We need to start sending these people memos.
Re: Victimizations Of Nigerians Aboard A Matter Of Urgent National Attention by bwideity: 4:13pm On Jun 30, 2014
FRONT PAGE PLEASE.
Re: Victimizations Of Nigerians Aboard A Matter Of Urgent National Attention by khia: 3:26am On Dec 19, 2014
onoja12:
The issue of Nigerians been maltreated abroad is one which should mark a quick change in Nigerian foreign policy.I think its high time the ministry of foreign affairs begin to do more than talk,they need to relate with the Nigerian association in countries round the world,the Nigerian missions are doing little or nothing to help Nigeria as a country and Nigerian leaving abroad.more embassies cant even issue the Nigerian passport talk more of assisting Nigerians.
I dare to say that of the over 15,000 Nigerian in jail abroad more than 2/3 of that figure are issues of victimization.
most of this countries have it at the back of there minds that the Nigerian state would do nothing,so they treat the Nigerian citizen as they like,i want to quickly point out that this policy of silence from the Nigerian mission abroad is the main reason why Nigeria is no longer respected on the international seen.
A point of reference is a country in the Caribbean called Guyana,i was arrested for simply applying for a drivers licence.imagine how silly that sounds and then handed to the anti narcotics department,they could not find what to pin on me,so they in turn handed me over to the anti fraud unit,while under interrogation for no crime committed the officer in charge of the fraud unit told me that 99% of Nigerians are drug dealers to which i responded,he has no right to assume that over 167million people as drug dealer when he has never been to Nigeria. angered by my statement he quickly called the immigration department where my application has been pending for 6months,this by the way is a process that is suppose to take 3weeks but for Nigerians it takes as much as 7years,this treatment is only for Nigerians. and after speaking to a Miss Mohammed he then told me that i have over stayed on my visa and my application has been denied.i equally told him in response that i am more than willing to return to my country even though i have been married to a citizen of there country for over 4years but i would not return with any false hood on my passport.
My wife inform the crime chief who i must confess was a perfect gentle man,who immediately ordered my release but stated that the problem the O/C fraud has created from immigration cant be undone by him so the matter must be taken up with there ministry of home affairs.i have thus written letters of protest which of course has not been responded to.

The lessons which can be learnt from this are as followed
1) The laws of this country clearly states that if you don't have the appropriate visa you cant work,with the deliberate policy of making sure Nigerians don't get the visa,this in turn would make sure that the Nigerian population here can not get legitimate work and thus forcing them into a life of crime.
2) countries that produce drugs in this region do not have there citizens tagged as drug dealer but a country that doesn't produce drugs are tagged drug dealers
3)even Nigerian investors are not spared,they are frustrated out
4)Nigerian student take 4-6months to get a student visa while others take 3weeks,its is equally surprising that Nigerian student contribute over 500million Guyana dollar directly and indirectly and account for 60% of the foreign students
5)I have demanded for statistics and it clearly shows that Nigeria is not among the top ten countries with conviction rate in this country,so how come of the hash tag
6)Guyanese citizen in Nigeria are enjoying expertrate quoter and working as guest of the country while to the contrary Nigerians here are treated with such disgust.
To this end i have taken it upon myself to defend the integrity of my country,i shall be meeting with the president of the Nigerian association in Guyana to fashion out a away on getting the government to drop this hash tag on Nigeria and Nigerians,and i shall be writing a letter to the honourable president of Guyana to notify him of this and equally write the Nigerian senate and house of representative as well as the Nigerian ambassador to the Caribbean and the ministry of foreign affairs in Nigeria.
its time we begin to say no to this victimization of our great country and its citizens.

Thanks

LMAO grin grin
There is a 99.9% chance that you were guilty of something, be it drugs, guns, 419, because law officials don't harass people for no reason at all.
Re: Victimizations Of Nigerians Aboard A Matter Of Urgent National Attention by onoja12: 3:56am On Dec 27, 2014
you are a slave,so there is no point bantering words with you

khia:

LMAO grin grin
There is a 99.9% chance that you were guilty of something, be it drugs, guns, 419, because law officials don't harass people for no reason at all.
Re: Victimizations Of Nigerians Aboard A Matter Of Urgent National Attention by khia: 4:08am On Dec 27, 2014
onoja12:
you are a slave,so there is no point bantering words with you

I believe YOU are the NEOSLAVE.
Re: Victimizations Of Nigerians Aboard A Matter Of Urgent National Attention by lonelydora: 4:11am On Dec 27, 2014
What are you people looking for in all these countries? Dangote has said that Nigeria is the best place on earth to make money, and i key into that.

1 Like

Re: Victimizations Of Nigerians Aboard A Matter Of Urgent National Attention by onoja12: 4:18am On Dec 27, 2014
can you hear yourself of me and you who is in america,foolish slave,go and tell you pay master from next year Nigeria and in deed all africans would no long tolerate rubbish from anybody

khia:

I believe YOU are the NEOSLAVE.
Re: Victimizations Of Nigerians Aboard A Matter Of Urgent National Attention by khia: 4:27am On Dec 27, 2014
onoja12:
can you hear yourself of me and you who is in america,foolish slave,go and tell you pay master from next year Nigeria and in deed all africans would no long tolerate rubbish from anybody

You are a slave in Nigeria, and you will always take rubbish from anybody and everybody because that's what submissive slaves like you do. grin
Re: Victimizations Of Nigerians Aboard A Matter Of Urgent National Attention by onoja12: 4:34am On Dec 27, 2014
Good for you,but guess what america slave,am in Nigeria where my parents gave birth to me,were my ancestors came from and i would die here with them,let me ask you where are you and who are you,were would your resting place be

khia:

You are a slave in Nigeria, and you will always take rubbish from anybody and everybody because that's what submissive slaves like you do. grin
Re: Victimizations Of Nigerians Aboard A Matter Of Urgent National Attention by khia: 4:53am On Dec 27, 2014
onoja12:
Good for you,but guess what america slave,am in Nigeria where my parents gave birth to me,were my ancestors came from and i would die here with them,let me ask you where are you and who are you,were would your resting place be

Guess what Nigerian slave, I'm in America where my parents gave birth to me, where they were born and their parents parents parents parents were born (my ancestors) and I will rest here (home-sweet home) in peace along with them. grin grin grin
Re: Victimizations Of Nigerians Aboard A Matter Of Urgent National Attention by onoja12: 5:20am On Dec 27, 2014
parent parent parent.you make me laugh,i think you just enjoy talking,if not you would have known that you are lost,forgetting,in truth you don't have an identity,no culture,no history,no land,who are you?sorry to tell you,you are worse than a slave,you are a nobody

khia:

Guess what Nigerian slave, I'm in America where my parents gave birth to me, where they were born and their parents parents parents parents were born (my ancestors) and I will rest here (home-sweet home) in peace along with them. grin grin grin
Re: Victimizations Of Nigerians Aboard A Matter Of Urgent National Attention by khia: 5:40am On Dec 27, 2014
onoja12:
parent parent parent.you make me laugh,i think you just enjoy talking,if not you would have known that you are lost,forgetting,in truth you don't have an identity,no culture,no history,no land,who are you?sorry to tell you,you are worse than a slave,you are a nobody

This is the perfect description of you, lol grin grin I couldn't have said it better myself.
Re: Victimizations Of Nigerians Aboard A Matter Of Urgent National Attention by Nobody: 5:41am On Dec 27, 2014
khia:

Another X! (like Malcom X) Unknown root, I think we call them BASTARDS
Re: Victimizations Of Nigerians Aboard A Matter Of Urgent National Attention by khia: 5:44am On Dec 27, 2014
wazoboy:
Another X! (like Malcom X) Unknown root, I think we call them BASTARDS

Why are you calling yourself a BASTARD? grin
Re: Victimizations Of Nigerians Aboard A Matter Of Urgent National Attention by Nobody: 5:53am On Dec 27, 2014
khia:

Why are you calling yourself a BASTARD? grin
its paining her grin grin
Re: Victimizations Of Nigerians Aboard A Matter Of Urgent National Attention by khia: 6:11am On Dec 27, 2014
wazoboy:
its paining her grin grin

Why would I be in pain because of your lack of self esteem?

(1) (Reply)

China Threating To Fight Usa If They Dont Withraw There Military Base / Comment Made By Tinubu A Few Days Ago / Northerners To Jonathan: You’ve Failed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.