Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,551 members, 7,809,017 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:08 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (125) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (677178 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bamite(m): 2:55pm On Mar 26, 2015
VisaOfficer:

The visa category is F2B, and right now we're seeing F2B cases that were filed before July 8, 2008. You can monitor wait times at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html.
Thank you for your assistance, the petition was filed january this year. That implies that one may not expect an interview any time soon. The page of the link you attached is currently not available, is there any other way i could monitor wait times?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:03pm On Mar 26, 2015
bamite:
Thank you for your assistance, the petition was filed january this year. That implies that one may not expect an interview any time soon. The page of the link you attached is currently not available, is there any other way i could monitor wait times?

Ah, try it without the . at the end: http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by halaphilip: 5:15pm On Mar 26, 2015
Thanks V.O.

Happy to say my interview went well today and my application was approved. Glad for all the help as always.

Now to go pick up my visa next week (dances shoki)

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by rayanah100: 5:39pm On Mar 26, 2015
hello visa officer,
can a us citizen father who is a kenyan take his daughter who was born in somalia to the us? is it easy? her mother is somali and thts why she was born in somalia. can that kind of process work?
thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by dazetrin: 6:06pm On Mar 26, 2015
Hi VO,
My son just picked up his visa,thank God and thank you for your guidance. Pls my question is: I just moved to Houston,Texas and i know his final destination address on paper will read New York.
Does that matter? will that course a problem? I just bought his ticket to Houston TX.

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:44pm On Mar 26, 2015
@VisaOfficer Ma God will bless you abundantly for the help and explanations you've have been rendering to everyone of us here, you're a Guardian Angel.

please I have few questions that I wish you can help me with. I want to travel to u.s to study computer science which I have passion for and is my dream, I graduated from a federal polytechnic here in Nigeria, got My N.D and just finished my HND (due to my transcript for HND is not ready yet I had to apply with My N.D).I took the TOEFL test and got 85, I later applied for an admission at a COLLEGE and got admission and they have sent my I-20 to my uncle who is my sponsor and lives (a citizen) in the US and he's about sending it to me and I've paid the student visa fee, just waiting to get hold of my I-20 so that I can schedule for an interview. BTW I'll be 27yrs by April 28 with a virgin passport. my questions are

1. is the virgin passport going to be a problem ?

2. is there going to be a problem with the year that I finished My N.D in building technology (2011, b/w 2012-2014 I was doing my HND) and wanting to study computer science now which I'd d/f from my previous course (2015) ?

3. is going to college going to affect me negatively?

4. what are my chances if getting a visa?

5. Finally your advice will go a very very long way...
once again God bless you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tmeeto: 7:49pm On Mar 26, 2015
tmeeto:

Thank you for your response. Please I have a few more questions/clarifications;

1. Where do i pay the $275 application fee ?
2. Will photocopy of the needed documents suffice (e.g photocopy of form I-551 or green card) ?
2. For "Proof that prolonged stay in Nigeria was for reasons beyond the applicant’s control" what kind of documents could i submit to support this fact?

Thank you once again and God Bless you.

regards,
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by iyaaliyah: 8:30pm On Mar 26, 2015
Goodevening VO, pls our father filed for us in 2007 I think but our recent enquiry into it revealed this (see attachment) . I have tried going to the site stated therein for options left for us and to also know the reason for the denial but can't open the site. Pls what are our options? Can he refile for us? Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:36am On Mar 27, 2015
halaphilip:
Thanks V.O.

Happy to say my interview went well today and my application was approved. Glad for all the help as always.

Now to go pick up my visa next week (dances shoki)

I'm sorry I missed you! sad Glad all went well though! smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:40am On Mar 27, 2015
rayanah100:
hello visa officer,
can a us citizen father who is a kenyan take his daughter who was born in somalia to the us? is it easy? her mother is somali and thts why she was born in somalia. can that kind of process work?
thank you.

Good morning,

If the daughter has a passport, it's very easy -- just like any other father/daughter petition. If she can't get a passport for some reason it's a bit more complicated but not at all impossible. (I have a friend/colleague in Kenya who was telling me that they sometimes see people from Somalia who have passport issues.)

Hope this helps!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:40am On Mar 27, 2015
dazetrin:
Hi VO,
My son just picked up his visa,thank God and thank you for your guidance. Pls my question is: I just moved to Houston,Texas and i know his final destination address on paper will read New York.
Does that matter? will that course a problem? I just bought his ticket to Houston TX.

It shouldn't be a problem. He can just explain to the border officials that you moved if they ask him.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:41am On Mar 27, 2015
icedbeatz:
@VisaOfficer Ma God will bless you abundantly for the help and explanations you've have been rendering to everyone of us here, you're a Guardian Angel.

please I have few questions that I wish you can help me with. I want to travel to u.s to study computer science which I have passion for and is my dream, I graduated from a federal polytechnic here in Nigeria, got My N.D and just finished my HND (due to my transcript for HND is not ready yet I had to apply with My N.D).I took the TOEFL test and got 85, I later applied for an admission at a COLLEGE and got admission and they have sent my I-20 to my uncle who is my sponsor and lives (a citizen) in the US and he's about sending it to me and I've paid the student visa fee, just waiting to get hold of my I-20 so that I can schedule for an interview. BTW I'll be 27yrs by April 28 with a virgin passport. my questions are

1. is the virgin passport going to be a problem ?

2. is there going to be a problem with the year that I finished My N.D in building technology (2011, b/w 2012-2014 I was doing my HND) and wanting to study computer science now which I'd d/f from my previous course (2015) ?

3. is going to college going to affect me negatively?

4. what are my chances if getting a visa?

5. Finally your advice will go a very very long way...
once again God bless you.

These are questions for my non-immigrant visa colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening . But they don't tell people what their "chances" are.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:43am On Mar 27, 2015
tmeeto:
Thank you for your response. Please I have a few more questions/clarifications;

1. Where do i pay the $275 application fee ?
2. Will photocopy of the needed documents suffice (e.g photocopy of form I-551 or green card) ?
2. For "Proof that prolonged stay in Nigeria was for reasons beyond the applicant’s control" what kind of documents could i submit to support this fact?

Thank you once again and God Bless you.

regards,

The $275 is paid at the Consulate on the date of the interview. I should tell you that it's doubtful that your mother will qualify as a Returning Resident. We have very strict criteria for determining whether a prolonged absence was involuntary and beyond someone's control. She may need to go through the entire immigration process again herself -- that is, someone may need to file a new petition on her behalf, if she has a qualifying relationship with someone in the U.S.

Every case is different, so I can't advise you as to what documents she should bring.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:45am On Mar 27, 2015
iyaaliyah:
Goodevening VO, pls our father filed for us in 2007 I think but our recent enquiry into it revealed this (see attachment) . I have tried going to the site stated therein for options left for us and to also know the reason for the denial but can't open the site. Pls what are our options? Can he refile for us? Thanks.

It's not clear to me from the notice what happened, but your father can absolutely refile for you. (Maybe they asked him for more evidence in 2007 and he didn't get the inquiry, so he didn't respond? Sometimes that's the explanation.)
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by rayanah100: 7:47am On Mar 27, 2015
dear visa officer
thank you for the response. am gald it helped.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by noberu10: 9:15am On Mar 27, 2015
Good Morning - Can you please advise on the status of my Fiance's visa?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:33am On Mar 27, 2015
noberu10:
Good Morning - Can you please advise on the status of my Fiance's visa?

The case is experiencing technological difficulties -- it just won't print. We've escalated the problem to our help desk in the U.S. and they're attempting to fix it. As soon as the computer will cooperate, we'll print the visa.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by bewaji25: 9:42am On Mar 27, 2015
Good morning ma. Am suppose to go pick my visa today at the dhl. But I just read ur previous post that k1 visa usually takes 2 weeks. Does that mean I shouldn't bother going today and go next week? As I have been calling the dhl number but not getting through at all.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:05am On Mar 27, 2015
bewaji25:
Good morning ma. Am suppose to go pick my visa today at the dhl. But I just read ur previous post that k1 visa usually takes 2 weeks. Does that mean I shouldn't bother going today and go next week? As I have been calling the dhl number but not getting through at all.

Please keep trying to call the collection center. Yes, as specified in the issuance letter, K visas usually take two weeks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by adeworth1: 11:49am On Mar 27, 2015
Good morning ma ,Am back again ma, I and my son F2A with periodity date 02 AUG 2013 .we got check list in nvc that our co sponsor didn't fill our AOS form that was submitted properly.so we are ask to bring the completed form to embassy when we get a date. Ma pls hope we still good. Thks alot ma we appreciate you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:19pm On Mar 27, 2015
adeworth1:
Good morning ma ,Am back again ma, I and my son F2A with periodity date 02 AUG 2013 .we got check list in nvc that our co sponsor didn't fill our AOS form that was submitted properly.so we are ask to bring the completed form to embassy when we get a date. Ma pls hope we still good. Thks alot ma we appreciate you

Sounds like you can bring the AOS to your interview here in Lagos, yes.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by abujaniv: 12:23pm On Mar 27, 2015
You should bring all information that was requested including the AOS to your next interview. In general, it's always best to bring all documents that have been requested.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by adeworth1: 12:53pm On Mar 27, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Sounds like you can bring the AOS to your interview here in Lagos, yes.
thanks ma for quick respond.may God crown your effort
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by adeworth1: 12:55pm On Mar 27, 2015
abujaniv:
You should bring all information that was requested including the AOS to your next interview. In general, it's always best to bring all documents that have been requested.
thanks for your advice. God bless
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by halaphilip: 2:49pm On Mar 27, 2015
Why is the other thread (the one for non-immigrants) not as interesting as this?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by adeworth1: 4:39pm On Mar 27, 2015
Because our V.O is a bomb.God's sent to everyone lol

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by olusola009: 10:52pm On Mar 27, 2015
Hello Ma.

I have this question: as a spouse of a lawful permanent resident in the USA what kind of visa can we apply for to be together and please kindly relate to us the wait time and probably a link to view the requirement also how it can be done.

Regards
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sirk111: 11:30pm On Mar 27, 2015
No one can blame our angel VO, for not answering non immigrant questions here. Base on the fact that, this thread is for immigrant questions and answers. But when it comes to some non immigrants questions that can't be answered here, immigrantion laws and policies are follow, while people tryin to ask how they could go about their visa applications, or how to get the visa. Which is impossible to answer here, cos they are asking about how their chances are, in geting the visa. So as i understand, if u are eligible to get the visa, u ll get it. But some people trying to break into their laws and policies, by asking difficult questions about the way to get visa, that can't be answered in public. Cos you need respect their immigration laws and policies. Hope this helps to everyone....Kayode

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 11:49am On Mar 28, 2015
adeworth1:
Because our V.O is a bomb.God's sent to everyone lol
the bomb.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by chykenny: 6:20pm On Mar 28, 2015
Please how long do one have to wait before reapplying after trying for the third.
Though wify is pregnant
First was in dec
Second in February
Third was just this week Monday which was denied
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by purplestoneeven: 1:29pm On Mar 29, 2015
H1i Visa officer, I need your assistance on these: my father file a petition for us when we were much younger under immigrant petition for relative, fiance or orphan. And we have gotten approval notice Jan 2008 but up to this day we have not heard anything from the embassy. Please see details:
Notice type- approval notice, section : unmarried child21/older of permanent resident
Receipt date- March 6,2007
Priority date- March 5, 2007.
Note: my father became a citizen this year and has notified necessary authority about his new status.

I send you this same post last year and you said by November we should hear from the embassy.

We got an invoice from the national visa center to pay $88 and $230 each which we paid in June but until this moment, nothing from the US embassy in Lagos.

what could be the problem, why the delay? I have the NEW case number but I don't know if it is right to put it here.

kindly revert.

(1) (2) (3) ... (122) (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.