Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,898 members, 7,802,902 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 02:39 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (151) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (676599 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by halaphilip: 4:37pm On May 23, 2015
Dear Moderator (whoever that is),

I want to understand why my last comment was deleted pls
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 4:42pm On May 23, 2015
halaphilip:
Dear Moderator (whoever that is),

I want to understand why my last comment was deleted pls

You are not the VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by halaphilip: 5:24pm On May 23, 2015
justwise:

You are not the VO

Ha! Interesting. But there have been times when the VO invited others to provide comments to some people's queries, and i certainly have seen others apart from the VO provide responses to queries.

But thanks for giving reasons for the deletion. Appreciate that a lot.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by PaulBaroi: 8:49pm On May 23, 2015
Dear VO,

This is not Immigrant visa question and rather a non-immigrant but General question in a sense.

My husband visited USA with his B1/B2 Visa before we got married. After marriage we traveled few countries and now I'm applying for B1/B2 visa next week.

Now my question is, Can I take my husband's passport with me to the interview? in-case VO asked me about our previous travel and I can show him/her my husband passport? Or One is not allowed to keep spouse's passport with him or her?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:48pm On May 24, 2015
mcaylife:
hello VO. my wife sent the petition to USCIS office and she got a text that they have received it. I want to ask if they approve it and send it to NVC what fees are we too pay after and what is the time frame till I am being called for an interview because we would like to be together for our 1 year wedding anniversary at DEC 4 this year. she is a USC. thanks.

Chances are your wife will pay the $325 visa interview fee before you come to your appointment. It generally takes USCIS six to eight months to approve a petition, and two or three months later you will have your interview.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:50pm On May 24, 2015
stevewale:

Mam, even as I've picked up my visa and wrapping up to join my fiancee soon, I still come to this thread often to give my day a lift cos the way you assist pple out here spurs me in 'giving more' to my job/work with or without extra renumeration.

I've been following this person's case about his missing medical reports. Ma, I must confess that you are a God sent .... As u usually gladden people's heart, so will God bless and never make u experience sorrow.

Thumbs up mam

Thank you sir! I hope your good thoughts help my cold go away soon! tongue grin (~sniffle cough sniffle~)

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:51pm On May 24, 2015
HesInMe:

IR1/CR1, petition filed in January 2015.

You'll probably be given one of the next available appointment dates - likely in July or August.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:53pm On May 24, 2015
john2son5:
Hello Dear V O,
someone told me of this forum, following it till this moment when i have to comment and ask a question.
i will like to say God bless my friend that told me of this platform and God bless you so much ma'am (VO), your response has very informative and helpful.

my wife filed form i-130 for me and it is now in NVC.

we did not do a big wedding, all we did was an indoor traditional wedding and a court marriage, we were less than 10 in the court wedding because we got there very early because of the anticipation that a lot of people are wedding on that day. we were the first couple to be wedded that day, so some friends and family members could not make it on time but my parents and my wife's parents were there with us. we didnt do any reception after the court wedding but there was refreshment in the traditional.
i did not see it as problem until i joined this platform and gets to understand the seriousness of this process. Every information provided to USCIS about our marriage and life is true and we added the pictures we took during this two events. my wife is a US citizen.
my questions are-

1, Do you think this small wedding thing could be a problem?
2, Would you advise, we quickly do a big church wedding before my interview, so i will have more colorful pictures with large guest present to bring during my interview?
3, Are the wedding pictures a primary criteria

i am worried about it now because the whole small wedding thing was my idea, i prefer to put all that money for a big wedding into my master degree when i get there( it was not born out of selfishness, that was just how i saw it then) but my wife will kill me grin if this poses any difficulty.

i wait your response.

best regards

These are difficult questions to answer. The most important thing will be how well you are about to talk about your relationship. If you can answer questions with a reasonable and believable level of detailed knowledge, the officer will likely be convinced that you have a bona fide relationship with the petitioner.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:54pm On May 24, 2015
PaulBaroi:
Dear VO,

This is not Immigrant visa question and rather a non-immigrant but General question in a sense.

My husband visited USA with his B1/B2 Visa before we got married. After marriage we traveled few countries and now I'm applying for B1/B2 visa next week.

Now my question is, Can I take my husband's passport with me to the interview? in-case VO asked me about our previous travel and I can show him/her my husband passport? Or One is not allowed to keep spouse's passport with him or her?

Thank you

These are questions for my non-immigrant colleagues at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by pretty16(f): 3:49pm On May 24, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Thank you sir! I hope your good thoughts help my cold go away soon! tongue grin (~sniffle cough sniffle~)

Oh no! Sorry about the cold ma'am. Quite a discomfort. Still nursing my son's cold too. Rest well ma'am. And Wish you a wonderful Memorial day holiday.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by 07039274857(m): 7:34pm On May 24, 2015
Hi. Pls can my aunt or cousin (us citizen) apply for me in getting immigrant visa? Thanks

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by john2son5: 11:16pm On May 24, 2015
Hello VO, thanks for your quick response.
I till have another question,
Your response is making me feel bad the more because the small wedding thing was all my idea and it seems from your response the pictures means alot.
if I do a church wedding with a big reception before my interview, can I add the pictures to my court wedding pictures? Will doing 2 weddings with different wedding gown and suit not pose any problems?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 9:25am On May 26, 2015
VisaOfficer:

VO how are you feeling? Hope a lot better today.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nad95: 10:10am On May 26, 2015
Hello Visa Officer, you are truly doing a great job here. For student who wants to travel to minneapolis for a stay, what visa is best to be applied for and not to forget, I will be invited by someone. I really need your advice on the cost and what to do not to be refused visa.
Thanks.
God bless you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by adeworth1: 11:07am On May 26, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Hope you getting better our angelic VO? Pls be strong for us ma.Get well soon.May God blessing keeps you stronger than ever.much luv ma

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by lizziepeks: 2:36pm On May 26, 2015
VisaOfficer:

It'll take a while for the petition to make it to London. London is an extremely busy Consulate, so it's best to touch base with them again in a week or so.

Good Afternoon Ma, I checked CEAC as of today and it says my case is Ready for interview at the London Embassy but Ma I am not a resident there any longer, Ma what next?? Should I email Lagos IV again to request for a transfer on my behalf? Thank you Ma
AEO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by TXK9belle: 7:04pm On May 26, 2015
K-1 Denial based on ineligibility "under Section 221(g) of Immigration. This section prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the INA or regulations issued pursuant thereto."

I am the US fiance and my fiance is based in Ghana. According to him he answered all the questions right. The CO asked for a joint sponsor. My fiance presented I-864 with last fours tax transcripts and wages summary obtained from IRS.
So, could you help me understand how my fiance is deemed to be ineligible after presenting the requested documents?
Thank you!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by LikoGee: 11:26pm On May 26, 2015
Dear V.O, Good evening. I went for my immigrant visa interview on the 21st of May as my wife petitioned for me.After my interview, the consular told me my application would be pending further action until I provide our biological child's DNA evidence and an NPC birth certificate. For the Birth certificate, that has been gotten as I had been using a photocopied one which apparently looks like an original as it has been done since 1988.Now the main issue is about the DNA test. My wife is just 18weeks pregnant. We got married in 2014, 3 months after meeting each other here in Nigeria and immediately she gt back to the U.S we started the visa process and we both agreed I relocate as she has her own established business in the U.S while am an employee for one of the telco companies in Nigeria, so it only makes sense I move and she has been in Nigeria twice to visit after our marriage.Every document needed to show the legitimacy of our union was taken for the interview- pictures of her last visit, pictures on our wedding(though it was a court wedding with around 14 friends and families in attendance),detailed print out of our chats for a year, phone records from her phone company from the US for a year plus,her updated tax records etc. Her affidavit of support and some other documents has been sent by the NVC to the consulate already. All questions asked by the consular I answered correctly and the consular did not notify nor second guess any reply I gave until she asked if we had kids and I replied we were expecting. And yes, my wife is a bit older than I am which I don't see as an issue in our relationship. Anyway, I informed my wife of this development after my interview and btw she's a medical doctor with her own practice and she got in touch with her physician who strongly advised against doing a DNA test while pregnant as it could have a negative effect on the unborn child(and this is proven) and it's still months before she puts to bed.and according to the U.S citizenship laws and policies,a DNA test should be requested for verifying a stated biological relationship when a US citizenship status is wanting to be transmitted to a child born abroad right?( this I didn't know as at when I did my interview anyway).So I don't see how a DNA test should apply to my case and my question is, can my wife's physician write a note stating these facts about d danger in carrying out a test while my wife is pregnant and also putting into consideration it will still be months before she puts to bed and considering the complexity and logical delays inherent in genetic testing generally, my wife needs her husband this period for emotional support as she has no one other than her teenage neice living with her(she's in college). My wife also adding her notes inclusive with her physicians'. Is this sufficient enough to stand on place of a DNA test in my case and for it to be presented as I re-schedule my appointment for my visa to be granted? Thank you for ur anticipated prompt and detailed response.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by MarieEyre: 12:15am On May 27, 2015
morning
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:14am On May 27, 2015
07039274857:
Hi. Pls can my aunt or cousin (us citizen) apply for me in getting immigrant visa? Thanks

Unfortunately, no. Aunts and cousins are not among the relatives who can file an immigrant petition on someone's behalf.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 7:17am On May 27, 2015
Hi Visa Officer,

Asking this on behalf of a friend - is Nigeria gonna be eligible to participate in the US DV Lottery (2017) this year?

Thanks. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:19am On May 27, 2015
john2son5:
Hello VO, thanks for your quick response.
I till have another question,
Your response is making me feel bad the more because the small wedding thing was all my idea and it seems from your response the pictures means alot.
if I do a church wedding with a big reception before my interview, can I add the pictures to my court wedding pictures? Will doing 2 weddings with different wedding gown and suit not pose any problems?

Thanks

You should do whatever you and your wife want to do. Again, the most important thing will be how credibly you respond to the officer's questions, not how many photos you submit.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:21am On May 27, 2015
justwise:

VO how are you feeling? Hope a lot better today.

83% of normal and improving by the minute! grin

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:23am On May 27, 2015
Nad95:
Hello Visa Officer, you are truly doing a great job here. For student who wants to travel to minneapolis for a stay, what visa is best to be applied for and not to forget, I will be invited by someone. I really need your advice on the cost and what to do not to be refused visa.
Thanks.
God bless you.

Sorry, non-immigrant travel is outside my area of expertise. Also, none of us would ever give advice as to "what to do so as not to be refused" -- from our point of view, either you qualify or you don't, and we're not here to give tips as to how to fool us.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:24am On May 27, 2015
lizziepeks:

Good Afternoon Ma, I checked CEAC as of today and it says my case is Ready for interview at the London Embassy but Ma I am not a resident there any longer, Ma what next?? Should I email Lagos IV again to request for a transfer on my behalf? Thank you Ma
AEO

I'm pretty sure your case is being transferred here to us. Please do send us an e-mail and ask for an update. Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 7:26am On May 27, 2015
VisaOfficer:

83% of normal and improving by the minute! grin

Have you managed to share the flu with work colleagues? grin grin we know how generous you are.

Good to have you back though.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:26am On May 27, 2015
TXK9belle:
K-1 Denial based on ineligibility "under Section 221(g) of Immigration. This section prohibits the issuance of a visa to anyone whose application does not comply with the INA or regulations issued pursuant thereto."

I am the US fiance and my fiance is based in Ghana. According to him he answered all the questions right. The CO asked for a joint sponsor. My fiance presented I-864 with last fours tax transcripts and wages summary obtained from IRS.
So, could you help me understand how my fiance is deemed to be ineligible after presenting the requested documents?
Thank you!

221(g) means that the case is pending because something is missing -- from what you've written, it's likely the affidavit of support from a joint sponsor. There must have been something in your documents that showed that you don't meet the threshold to sponsor your fiance.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:30am On May 27, 2015
LikoGee:
Dear V.O, Good evening. I went for my immigrant visa interview on the 21st of May as my wife petitioned for me.After my interview, the consular told me my application would be pending further action until I provide our biological child's DNA evidence and an NPC birth certificate. For the Birth certificate, that has been gotten as I had been using a photocopied one which apparently looks like an original as it has been done since 1988.Now the main issue is about the DNA test. My wife is just 18weeks pregnant. We got married in 2014, 3 months after meeting each other here in Nigeria and immediately she gt back to the U.S we started the visa process and we both agreed I relocate as she has her own established business in the U.S while am an employee for one of the telco companies in Nigeria, so it only makes sense I move and she has been in Nigeria twice to visit after our marriage.Every document needed to show the legitimacy of our union was taken for the interview- pictures of her last visit, pictures on our wedding(though it was a court wedding with around 14 friends and families in attendance),detailed print out of our chats for a year, phone records from her phone company from the US for a year plus,her updated tax records etc. Her affidavit of support and some other documents has been sent by the NVC to the consulate already. All questions asked by the consular I answered correctly and the consular did not notify nor second guess any reply I gave until she asked if we had kids and I replied we were expecting. And yes, my wife is a bit older than I am which I don't see as an issue in our relationship. Anyway, I informed my wife of this development after my interview and btw she's a medical doctor with her own practice and she got in touch with her physician who strongly advised against doing a DNA test while pregnant as it could have a negative effect on the unborn child(and this is proven) and it's still months before she puts to bed.and according to the U.S citizenship laws and policies,a DNA test should be requested for verifying a stated biological relationship when a US citizenship status is wanting to be transmitted to a child born abroad right?( this I didn't know as at when I did my interview anyway).So I don't see how a DNA test should apply to my case and my question is, can my wife's physician write a note stating these facts about d danger in carrying out a test while my wife is pregnant and also putting into consideration it will still be months before she puts to bed and considering the complexity and logical delays inherent in genetic testing generally, my wife needs her husband this period for emotional support as she has no one other than her teenage neice living with her(she's in college). My wife also adding her notes inclusive with her physicians'. Is this sufficient enough to stand on place of a DNA test in my case and for it to be presented as I re-schedule my appointment for my visa to be granted? Thank you for ur anticipated prompt and detailed response.

Do you feel comfortable sharing your case number here, so I can check? If not, please e-mail us at LagosIV@state.gov and ask that your e-mail be forwarded to the Nairaland officer. Thanks!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) (154) ... (223)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.