Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,867 members, 7,798,896 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 11:55 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (676214 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:11am On Jul 31, 2014
phatzyka: We did our interview on the 30th of April. On the 2nd of July we went for sample collection at the USA Embassy Lagos. On the 14th of July the result was delivered to the USA Embassy Lagos. With this piece of information I believe it will go a long way in knowing the present state of my case.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

If your baby's first name starts with P, we should already have contacted you (with good news). I'll follow up and see what's going on.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Adeboy007(m): 11:16am On Jul 31, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Thank you sir! Safe travels. I expect to hear of great successes from you and your future family over there!

I'm going to hassle you one more time, because I can. grin I feel a sudden urge to remind everyone that American culture has a weird fixation with youth and beauty, and everyone firmly believes that the words "old" and "elderly" only apply to people at least 15 years older than they themselves are. Even if they're 70, in their hearts they will believe that only 85-year-olds are old. Even when it's patently untrue, you may want to practice looking surprised when someone (male or female) tells you their age, and saying "I never would have guessed, you look so much younger!"

Along the same lines, never ever tell anyone that they have gained weight, and NEVER ask a woman if she is pregnant, even if she is visibly giving birth right that moment.

Trust me. cool

Waooo, grin grin, I can't imaging I personally made you open to us publicly some Foreign (United States) Etiquette, I so much enjoy and learn a lot from this. This will go along way adding to my success in United state of America as you wishes

Am sorry, am NEITHER Cute2014 (that speaks plentiful grin grammars maybe because she is a Medical Practioner cheesy) NOR Justwise (that talks so short and professional maybe because he is the moderator smiley).

Nevertheless, I will say thank you very much madam and am hoping to see/host you in our ThanksGivingDay that comes up NOVEMBER in America grin grin ......... I TRUST YOU

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:18am On Jul 31, 2014
YettyOla: Our Nairaland VO Mum, I sometimes wonder how you multitask working as a VO right @ the consulate and still give us time here on Nairaland. Big Thanks.

You're very welcome! Anyway, the more information we spread here on Nairaland, the more efficient we are in helping all of you here in the office. So it saves us all time in the long run.

Pls, when can I one go to pick up passport if interviewed 22nd July. I've been ttrying to call the collection centre but its not going through, advice ma?

We are still struggling a bit with our computer issues. Printing is delayed for many cases, but not yet catastrophically so. (I'll let everyone know if things get catastrophic.) Please keep trying to call the collection center.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Ddream77: 11:33am On Jul 31, 2014
Dear V.O,
Thanks for you response.
You made mention "Just remind us when you come back for your next interview, and we can update the case notes for you"
Does that mean i'll still have to come for another interview?
Wow!!! Well, I just hope me name gets cleared.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by YettyOla(f): 11:34am On Jul 31, 2014
VO Mum, thanks for your reply, seem just like we chatting on BBM. grin Oh just tracked my visa status and it says issued since 28th, I see you worked on that day. Bless you, but will hold on till next week before pick up since there's some delay in printing. Hope your machine pick up soon. And, I hope the delay isn't puting much pressure on you ma? You're such a wonderful and strong woman reading from your replies. Do have a great day. Cheers

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:35am On Jul 31, 2014
Ddream77:
Dear V.O,
Thanks for you response.
You made mention "Just remind us when you come back for your next interview, and we can update the case notes for you"
Does that mean i'll still have to come for another interview?
Wow!!! Well, I just hope me name gets cleared.

I don't have any update at this time, unfortunately. I'll let you know as soon as I know something, I promise.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by phatzyka: 11:36am On Jul 31, 2014
VisaOfficer:

If your baby's first name starts with P, we should already have contacted you (with good news). I'll follow up and see what's going on.
My baby's first name starts with P. We have not been contacted that is why I am kind of worried.
Thank you very much for the hope you have given.
If you can help me find out what is delaying I will very grateful.
Looking forward to hearing from you soon.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 1:08pm On Jul 31, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Don't worry, justwise, I think s/he meant the SSS is always ready to support the Consulate in dealing with serious wrongdoers. We're interviewing young DV couples according to the same standards as we always have!

Ok, i take that.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by vickkyplus: 1:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
justwise:

lipsrsealed
@justwise,I want to hope you don't make mockery that there are no more credible Nigerians?
Fair enough I believe you are among the credlbles.Pls peruse my post perfectly.

According to my post,I never advocated for a reduced standard,infact I wrote on the limited timing.I,as a matter of factly,asked for ample time for young couple to prove the union since the VO stated clearly that it is difficult to know who is real or not.Am not a mouth piece,but I feel certain things should be corrected.Or are you not a Nigerian?I speak for Nigerians and you mock me?God! see how we belittle our country,Nigeria.It is a pity.If I were to be an American, you would swallow my words.
Long Live Nigeria.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by justwise(m): 1:54pm On Jul 31, 2014
vickkyplus: @justwise,I want to hope you don't make mockery that there are no more credible Nigerians?
Fair enough I believe you are among the credlbles.Pls peruse my post perfectly.

According to my post,I never advocated for a reduced standard,infact I wrote on the limited timing.I,as a matter of factly,asked for ample time for young couple to prove the union since the VO stated clearly that it is difficult to know who is real or not.Am not a mouth piece,but I feel certain things should be corrected.Or are you not a Nigerian?I speak for Nigerians and you mock me?God! see how we belittle our country,Nigeria.It is a pity.If u were to be an American, you would swallow my words.
Long Live Nigeria.

I have a lot to say to you but i will zip it to avoid derailing this thread.

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by terefe(m): 2:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
helo visa officer... My mom applied for residence visa for me , shes a PR, unfortunately a mixup in the documents she submitted and the applcation was denied but then she filed an appeal with d right documents. its over 8months now and we havent gotten a decisio on the appeal. how long does the appeal process take please?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 2:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
terefe: helo visa officer... My mom applied for residence visa for me , shes a PR, unfortunately a mixup in the documents she submitted and the applcation was denied but then she filed an appeal with d right documents. its over 8months now and we havent gotten a decisio on the appeal. how long does the appeal process take please?

It can take several months, but eight months seems too long. My advice is to contact USCIS and see what's going on with your case.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 5:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
[i][/i]
VisaOfficer:

The case notes say "Contact sheet received." Thanks for checking!

Thanks so much for checking on our case for us.

I am the petitioner this time, and I had a quick question about the administrative processing process. Now, I am aware that you cannot go into detail about specifics, or give information about if a case will or will not be approved for obvious reasons, however is it not possible to give likely timeframes?

I absolutely understand that some cases necessitate the need for this additional review, and I am not asking that it be negated or discontinued, but why is it so important that the applicants be left in this sort of abyss, with no real timeframe given whatsoever. I know your office has stated that these cases are usually resolved within 60 days, but I have heard of several cases that have taken in upwards of 1 year to be completed, which quite frankly is really frightening and unnerving.

I was just hoping that you could provide some measure of comfort and ease during this protracted “administrative processing” wait.

Thanks again.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by olabowalebiyi: 6:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hello our amiable V.O.
Pls my question is : I'm a DV winner and we have our Visa approved on 7th July but we cannot travel because I'm pregnant n close to delivery which I informed the C.O during our interview and let them knw that I will be having my baby here in Nigeria but will go with my baby before the end of the year. He said I should notify them immediately my baby arrives for further processing. My major concern is hope the processing won't be delayed leading to expiration of d parents Visa cos d Visa expires by Dec 28th and baby is due later August or early Sept. Please your candid advice is highly needed ma.
Thanks and God bless.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Goodybag(m): 7:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
Good evening VO, such a wonderful work you are doing here. Your kind gestures will definitely speak for you. What a selfless service rendered!! There is a saying that the beautiful ones are yet unborn, however I counter such by saying the beautiful ones are very much present at this dispensation and you are one of them. Chai!!, to be candid, i regret not finding this great platform on time, sobs! sobs!! Sobs!!! it is just informative and educative. A saying that "when someone is not informed, definitely he/she is deformed!! Processing the DV lottery was hell for me, right from the time I played, the waiting period, time to check for winnings, processing, waiting again, another processing and finnally the interview proper. I had to make calls both here in Nigeria and abroad just seeking for information about the whole process which was very vague to me, sometimes calls of more than an hour, imagin!! See me see gbege!! but thank God I was able to scale through from the help I received through info i got from a friend that won same too. I remembered you asked if I was on Nairaland and I said no. On getting home I did a little research about nairaland, here I am. I will never forget a prayer made by you after I and my wife were interviewed for almost 2 hours. "you shall Give Birth another Barrack Obama of the United States" hope you can still remember Ma? I was just opening my mouth but couldnt say anything because withing me it was tears of Joy, but as a man, you know what I mean now, I was just flashing my 32 teeths in an open and close style lol! I pretended, maintained my ground like say nothing happened lol! meanwhile my wife was just shouting Haleluyya, jubilating at the top of her Voice, she couldnt hold her self lol! Hnnnn permit me to say this, I have never encountered such interview in my life time!! Looks as if I was on a hot seatooooo, I wasnt feeling the air conditioner at allooo, even when the Ac was chilling like never before. I will never forget such experience in my life. However my Joy was that at the end of the tunnel, there was light and the truth prevailed and our Visa was approved. Sincerely you all are doing a great Job Ma. I sincerely salute your office VO. Pls VO/Ma, we need more of you ma, we need information, pls I beg you not to leaveooooo, lots of people are out there seeking for info, dying in silence and crying where will their help come from! dont abandon us plssssssssssssssssssss. My wish for you is long life, wisdom, good health and ultimately the GOOD LEGACY you will be leaving!! And to the Administrators/Moderators of this platform, more power to your elbow. Great Job and God bless you all. To all members, I found your contributions awesome, love you all!

9 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by aariwa(m): 10:11pm On Jul 31, 2014
What they have for each other over the years is a fillial agape kind of love between cousins which is not sexual/conjugal.The law in some U.S states like Wisconsin[where she resides]states that the woman should be past child bearing stage for the marriage to be legal,which applies to this particular case.Methinks the intendment of that law is to prevent cousins from having intimate relationship.So please how can the beneficiary prove bonafide spousal relationship in such a scenario?Thank you.
VisaOfficer:

Based on what you've written here, yes, the spouse can file an I-130 on his behalf. The beneficiary will still need to convince the officer that the two have a bona fide spousal relationship.

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by aariwa(m): 10:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
aariwa: Dear VO.please i need some clarifications.If a nigerian man marries his first cousin who is an american citizen in nigeria or ghana,is he eligible to file for form i 30 or immediate relative/spouse visa,The cousin is from a state in U.S where first cousin marriage is legal while the laws in Nigeria and Ghana are silent on it.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by oluwa4us: 10:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
Goodevening VO,thanks for your time here.Pls I really need your clarification here.Now a quick one.
My wife being a DV applicant,was at the consulate mid-june for her interview, only for her to be told she would not get her visa unless we are both interviewd.Is that suppose to pose a problem if am absent?I thought since she won as single,it wont be a problem.Really on that day I was at my work place,I thought she was joking when she said she included me in her forms sent.
Now she called my attention to a status check site where it said her case is under Administrative processing.Dont really know this phrase.Pls what are they processing?since she was asked to inform the consulate when I will be ready for interview.I think am ready now,but why that AP stuff?Was it because I was not present at the embassy or is anything missing?
Pls I hope it's not late to write back to the embassy informing them of my readiness?

Eagerly waiting for your response,cos my wife wont sleep.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by alchemist13: 11:38pm On Jul 31, 2014
Good evening VO. I have a concern I want to share with you. I received a call from someone who claims to work for the agency from which I applied for the DV 2014 visa lottery. He told me that I am one of the 7 lucky winners of the visa lottery before he sent me a text containing the contact details of one Mr. Joel Olaniyi, a 'Recruitment Officer' for the American Embassy in Carrintgton, Apapa.
However, I decided to check the status of the visa lottery (I had almost forgotten about it at that time) online to see if I had truly won. I found the lottery printout, followed all instructions, and found out that my entry had not been selected. So I decided to call the Mr. Olaniyi just to hear what they had to say.
What I gathered from the call has almost made me to be convinced that this is a scam. First of all, he said I would have to come to Apapa today but when I said wont be able to make it to Apapa in such a short time (the call was made by 3 PM) that I will come tomorrow, he told me i must first buy a form from somewhere in VI for N20000. Secondly, when I told him that I do not have that kind of money now, he told me that I can pay in installments. Finally, he told me that I do not need to go to VI if I can pay the first installment immediately so that he can tell his people in VI to bring the form to Apapa.
I don't know much about the processing of the visa lottery so I want to ask if this is the process or if this is a scam. Remember that from the official site (https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/), my entry was not selected. Thank you in advance.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by cute2014: 6:42am On Aug 01, 2014
alchemist13: Good evening VO. I have a concern I want to share with you. I received a call from someone who claims to work for the agency from which I applied for the DV 2014 visa lottery. He told me that I am one of the 7 lucky winners of the visa lottery before he sent me a text containing the contact details of one Mr. Joel Olaniyi, a 'Recruitment Officer' for the American Embassy in Carrintgton, Apapa.
However, I decided to check the status of the visa lottery (I had almost forgotten about it at that time) online to see if I had truly won. I found the lottery printout, followed all instructions, and found out that my entry had not been selected. So I decided to call the Mr. Olaniyi just to hear what they had to say.
What I gathered from the call has almost made me to be convinced that this is a scam. First of all, he said I would have to come to Apapa today but when I said wont be able to make it to Apapa in such a short time (the call was made by 3 PM) that I will come tomorrow, he told me i must first buy a form from somewhere in VI for N20000. Secondly, when I told him that I do not have that kind of money now, he told me that I can pay in installments. Finally, he told me that I do not need to go to VI if I can pay the first installment immediately so that he can tell his people in VI to bring the form to Apapa.
I don't know much about the processing of the visa lottery so I want to ask if this is the process or if this is a scam. Remember that from the official site (https://www.dvlottery.state.gov/ESC/), my entry was not selected. Thank you in advance.

SCAM!!!! The agent should be arrested,period.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:42am On Aug 01, 2014
kole10: [i][/i]

Thanks so much for checking on our case for us.

I am the petitioner this time, and I had a quick question about the administrative processing process. Now, I am aware that you cannot go into detail about specifics, or give information about if a case will or will not be approved for obvious reasons, however is it not possible to give likely timeframes?

I absolutely understand that some cases necessitate the need for this additional review, and I am not asking that it be negated or discontinued, but why is it so important that the applicants be left in this sort of abyss, with no real timeframe given whatsoever. I know your office has stated that these cases are usually resolved within 60 days, but I have heard of several cases that have taken in upwards of 1 year to be completed, which quite frankly is really frightening and unnerving.

I was just hoping that you could provide some measure of comfort and ease during this protracted “administrative processing” wait.

Thanks again.

Administrative processing happens for so many different reasons that it's impossible to give a timetable, but we do try to take care of everything as quickly as possible. I realize that that is cold comfort when it's happening to you. Sometimes we have to travel to complete the processing, and that can be delayed greatly for a variety of reasons, from security to logistics. Sometimes we're waiting from responses from other agencies that unfortunately do not reply as promptly as we would like. Most cases are indeed resolved well within the 60 days, but those that aren't do get a lot of attention. That's good; it keeps us on our toes. I promise you that we are aware of the emotional hardship administrative processing can cause and we do everything possible to complete it as quickly as we can. Feel free to e-mail us at LagosIV@state.gov asking for updates. I hope your case is resolved very soon!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:56am On Aug 01, 2014
olabowalebiyi: Hello our amiable V.O.
Pls my question is : I'm a DV winner and we have our Visa approved on 7th July but we cannot travel because I'm pregnant n close to delivery which I informed the C.O during our interview and let them knw that I will be having my baby here in Nigeria but will go with my baby before the end of the year. He said I should notify them immediately my baby arrives for further processing. My major concern is hope the processing won't be delayed leading to expiration of d parents Visa cos d Visa expires by Dec 28th and baby is due later August or early Sept. Please your candid advice is highly needed ma.
Thanks and God bless.

Congratulations on your upcoming parenthood! There are two ways you can resolve this. The first would be to come back to us with the baby well before Sept. 30 (let's say by Sept. 15) so we can reissue visas for everyone, including the baby. You'd have to pay the $330 for the baby's visa, and get medical paperwork, etc.

The other way to travel with the baby is to request a "baby letter." These are no-fee documents, and your baby's would need to be issued before your Diversity Visa expires and before you use the visa. (The visa can only be used once.) Here's the guidance from the Foreign Affairs Manual (FAM):

9 FAM 42.1 N1.1 Child Born After Issuance of Visa to Parent. The child born after the issuance of a visa to a parent is not required to have a visa if the child is: (1) Born subsequent to issuance of an IV to the accompanying parent within the validity of the parent’s immigrant visa...

In this case we would consider a Diversity Visa to be an immigrant visa. smiley The baby will need a passport and I would strongly recommend getting a medical exam from one of our panel physicians. It's less expensive to do that here than in the U.S., and at some point, someone's going to want to see that the baby has medical clearance.

One way or another, we can help you get that baby to the United States. smiley

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:59am On Aug 01, 2014
Goodybag: Good evening VO, such a wonderful work you are doing here. Your kind gestures will definitely speak for you. What a selfless service rendered!! There is a saying that the beautiful ones are yet unborn, however I counter such by saying the beautiful ones are very much present at this dispensation and you are one of them. Chai!!, to be candid, i regret not finding this great platform on time, sobs! sobs!! Sobs!!! it is just informative and educative. A saying that "when someone is not informed, definitely he/she is deformed!! Processing the DV lottery was hell for me, right from the time I played, the waiting period, time to check for winnings, processing, waiting again, another processing and finnally the interview proper. I had to make calls both here in Nigeria and abroad just seeking for information about the whole process which was very vague to me, sometimes calls of more than an hour, imagin!! See me see gbege!! but thank God I was able to scale through from the help I received through info i got from a friend that won same too. I remembered you asked if I was on Nairaland and I said no. On getting home I did a little research about nairaland, here I am. I will never forget a prayer made by you after I and my wife were interviewed for almost 2 hours. "you shall Give Birth another Barrack Obama of the United States" hope you can still remember Ma? I was just opening my mouth but couldnt say anything because withing me it was tears of Joy, but as a man, you know what I mean now, I was just flashing my 32 teeths in an open and close style lol! I pretended, maintained my ground like say nothing happened lol! meanwhile my wife was just shouting Haleluyya, jubilating at the top of her Voice, she couldnt hold her self lol! Hnnnn permit me to say this, I have never encountered such interview in my life time!! Looks as if I was on a hot seatooooo, I wasnt feeling the air conditioner at allooo, even when the Ac was chilling like never before. I will never forget such experience in my life. However my Joy was that at the end of the tunnel, there was light and the truth prevailed and our Visa was approved. Sincerely you all are doing a great Job Ma. I sincerely salute your office VO. Pls VO/Ma, we need more of you ma, we need information, pls I beg you not to leaveooooo, lots of people are out there seeking for info, dying in silence and crying where will their help come from! dont abandon us plssssssssssssssssssss. My wish for you is long life, wisdom, good health and ultimately the GOOD LEGACY you will be leaving!! And to the Administrators/Moderators of this platform, more power to your elbow. Great Job and God bless you all. To all members, I found your contributions awesome, love you all!

grin cheesy grin This is an awesome post! Congratulations! and Thank you o!

7 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:05am On Aug 01, 2014
aariwa: What they have for each other over the years is a fillial agape kind of love between cousins which is not sexual/conjugal.The law in some U.S states like Wisconsin[where she resides]states that the woman should be past child bearing stage for the marriage to be legal,which applies to this particular case.Methinks the intendment of that law is to prevent cousins from having intimate relationship.So please how can the beneficiary prove bonafide spousal relationship in such a scenario?Thank you.

I know that many genuine marriages don't involve physical intimacy for a variety of reasons, but the way you describe this relationship (a filial agape kind of love), I'm guessing that they got married so one cousin could help the other get to the United States? Our regulations don't permit us to grant visas in the cases of marriages created solely for the purposes of immigration.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:11am On Aug 01, 2014
oluwa4us: Goodevening VO,thanks for your time here.Pls I really need your clarification here.Now a quick one.
My wife being a DV applicant,was at the consulate mid-june for her interview, only for her to be told she would not get her visa unless we are both interviewd.Is that suppose to pose a problem if am absent?I thought since she won as single,it wont be a problem.Really on that day I was at my work place,I thought she was joking when she said she included me in her forms sent.
Now she called my attention to a status check site where it said her case is under Administrative processing.Dont really know this phrase.Pls what are they processing?since she was asked to inform the consulate when I will be ready for interview.I think am ready now,but why that AP stuff?Was it because I was not present at the embassy or is anything missing?
Pls I hope it's not late to write back to the embassy informing them of my readiness?

Eagerly waiting for your response,cos my wife wont sleep.

We see a lot of cases of "clip-on" spouses and sham marriages, unfortunately. Sometimes such couples try to avoid being interviewed together by sending the DV winner for an interview alone, and then the spouse shows up months later claiming to be a "follow-to-join" spouse. Then they get to the United States and want to petition for their real spouses and children, which is very much an abuse of the Diversity Visa program. While the majority of our applicants are honest and qualified, we do see enough sham marriages that we are very, very careful.

While I don't know the specifics of your case, it does sound like we want to be sure that the two of you are truly married, and not trying to scam the U.S. Government. I would encourage you to attend an interview with your spouse.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:13am On Aug 01, 2014
alchemist13: Good evening VO. I have a concern I want to share with you. I received a call from someone who claims to work for the agency from which I applied for the DV 2014 visa lottery. He told me that I am one of the 7 lucky winners of the visa lottery before he sent me a text containing the contact details of one Mr. Joel Olaniyi, a 'Recruitment Officer' for the American Embassy in Carrintgton, Apapa.

Definitely a scam and I am so, so glad you recognized it as such. I would be very happy if you shared Mr. Joel Olaniyi's contact information with us at LagosIV@state.gov so that we could arrange to have a productive and educational conversation with the gentleman.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:14am On Aug 01, 2014
cute2014:

SCAM!!!! The agent should be arrested,period.

Big time scam.

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Firewami: 8:54am On Aug 01, 2014
Good morning ma and happy new month.
Kindly assist ma, i read here on nairaland of someone who has a case similar to my family case and how you were of great assistance to them. Pls my family and i will be very grateful if you could render the same assistance to us. We had our interview on may 6th and we're asked to do a dna test, we dropped samples on july 7th and on july 18th the laboratory(DDC) that did the test informed us that the result has been sent to lagos embassy but since then we've not heard anything from the embassy. Please ma help us to look into it.
Thank you ma.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:07am On Aug 01, 2014
Firewami: Good morning ma and happy new month.
Kindly assist ma, i read here on nairaland of someone who has a case similar to my family case and how you were of great assistance to them. Pls my family and i will be very grateful if you could render the same assistance to us. We had our interview on may 6th and we're asked to do a dna test, we dropped samples on july 7th and on july 18th the laboratory(DDC) that did the test informed us that the result has been sent to lagos embassy but since then we've not heard anything from the embassy. Please ma help us to look into it.
Thank you ma.

Good news! You're the family in which the mom's first name starts with T, right? If so, the results were in that pile I wrote about yesterday. You'll hear from us Monday or Tuesday, and I think you'll be pleased.....
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by aariwa(m): 9:16am On Aug 01, 2014
Ok VO.Thanks a lot for the information.I understand your answer to mean that the burden of proving that the marriage was not entered into solely for the purpose of immigration is on them.
VisaOfficer:

I know that many genuine marriages don't involve physical intimacy for a variety of reasons, but the way you describe this relationship (a filial agape kind of love), I'm guessing that they got married so one cousin could help the other get to the United States? Our regulations don't permit us to grant visas in the cases of marriages created solely for the purposes of immigration.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by vitodorado: 9:30am On Aug 01, 2014
@ Visa Officer. I have been following this thread for a while and i quite commend this initiative from the consulate and also your tireless efforts to address almost all issues.

Please i would like to have some bit of information on the dropbox renewal process. My visa expired since May this year and would want to know how to go about it and considering what your consular General was saying on Channels Tv some days back, i kinda feel discouraged to even think of renewing my visa for the 4th time. I would most appreciate your timely feedback on this.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Firewami: 9:43am On Aug 01, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Good news! You're the family in which the mom's first name starts with T, right? If so, the results were in that pile I wrote about yesterday. You'll hear from us Monday or Tuesday, and I think you'll be pleased.....

I'm so happy ma, thank you so much, infact i'm short of words and my little princess is saying thank you as well. My name starts with T
Thanks once again for the swift response.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (223)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 19 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 116
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.