Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,888 members, 7,806,575 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 06:26 PM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (193) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (676946 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by damabib(m): 5:21pm On Jul 28, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Sorry, I can't comment on cases undergoing adminstrative processing. (Also, there's not enough information in your message to identify your case.)
PLS WHAT OTHER INFORMATION U NEED? Case No LGS2013xxxxxx AM BENEFICIARRY Baba, MY WIFE PETIONER Mama on Ceac websites says. Waiting to schedule another interview so I need ur assistance to knw if it's still under AP or Not! N when D next interview time and Lastly I want U to. Change my case to IR1 instead of previous Cr1 becouse our 3yrs wedding Anniversary is comin up 2016 !Thx Ma
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 5:59pm On Jul 28, 2015
Have actually been placed on APR since Nov 13th 2014, keep calling the embassy and also mailing them for information about my Case, but up till this moment no information was pass to me on my case, intead all they keep saying ur case is still on APR, and once they are through with it, they will contact me jst as promise on the day of the interview.
Pls kindly help me out on this issue, dis are my profile
Nwanegbo Christian Maduka
Passport  Number A04086451
DS-160 Number AA004FMXJ6
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by iamoluwafemi: 7:15pm On Jul 28, 2015
We thank you so much and we appreciate you. Please Ma, could you please help me check if there is any update on our case. I also requested that our visa status be updated to IR1 instead of the CR1 with which we began with.Thanks ma.. Sorry for bothering you.

God bless you forever.
LGS2014572028, LGS2014625024 and LGS2014625026.

VisaOfficer:

I'll change it when I get back to the office!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by olukenny12: 9:15pm On Jul 28, 2015
Thanks sir I was call today nd I was given an appointment date for my dna sample, but I have one more question to ask, I have already been interview before I was ask to go for dna, pls is it the same day my dna result arrived I we be given my visa?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by blinkdr: 11:08pm On Jul 28, 2015
thanx finally the embassy came to my house if all is in order how long would it take for me to be called and my visa issued my wife keeps bugging me i will appreciate ur response
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:21am On Jul 29, 2015
damabib:
PLS WHAT OTHER INFORMATION U NEED? Case No LGS2013844002 AM BENEFICIARRY LAWAL ABIDEEN DAMOLA, MY WIFE PETIONER BILLUPS DIANA on Ceac websites says. Waiting to schedule another interview so I need ur assistance to knw if it's still under AP or Not! N when D next interview time and Lastly I want U to. Change my case to IR1 instead of previous Cr1 becouse our 3yrs wedding Anniversary is comin up on Jan 13 2016 !Thx Ma

Thank you for your inquiry. I've updated the visa category to IR1. Other than that, I don't comment on cases that are undergoing administrative processing.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:23am On Jul 29, 2015
krisnwanegbo:
Have actually been placed on APR since Nov 13th 2014, keep calling the embassy and also mailing them for information about my Case, but up till this moment no information was pass to me on my case, intead all they keep saying ur case is still on APR, and once they are through with it, they will contact me jst as promise on the day of the interview.
Pls kindly help me out on this issue, dis are my profile
Nwanegbo Christian Maduka
Passport  Number A04086451
DS-160 Number AA004FMXJ6

If this is a non-immigrant visa question, please use the other thread, https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:24am On Jul 29, 2015
iamoluwafemi:
We thank you so much and we appreciate you. Please Ma, could you please help me check if there is any update on our case. I also requested that our visa status be updated to IR1 instead of the CR1 with which we began with.Thanks ma.. Sorry for bothering you.

God bless you forever.

I changed the vsia category to IR1. No other updates at this time.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:42am On Jul 29, 2015
olukenny12:
Thanks sir I was call today nd I was given an appointment date for my dna sample, but I have one more question to ask, I have already been interview before I was ask to go for dna, pls is it the same day my dna result arrived I we be given my visa?

The short answer is no. If there are no other questions with the case and the DNA shows a match, you'll be contacted to drop off your passport and any other documents a few days after we receive the results. If there are other questions, they'll have to be resolved before a visa could be issued.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:42am On Jul 29, 2015
blinkdr:
thanx finally the embassy came to my house if all is in order how long would it take for me to be called and my visa issued my wife keeps bugging me i will appreciate ur response

I don't really have a way to answer this question -- there are too many factors involved!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by damabib(m): 9:02am On Jul 29, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Thank you for your inquiry. I've updated the visa category to IR1. Other than that, I don't comment on cases that are undergoing administrative processing.
. Alright thx Ma ! I wil wait till ur office cleared my case out of AP. Best regards
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by olukenny12: 9:43am On Jul 29, 2015
Thanks so after the test has been carry out wat time to wat days we the processing take to complete
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 9:48am On Jul 29, 2015
olukenny12:
Thanks so after the test has been carry out wat time to wat days we the processing take to complete

It depends on how quickly the laboratory returns the results, and on a great number of other factors that vary from case to case. In short, I can't really answer this question.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by MarieEyre: 10:07am On Jul 29, 2015
Hello VO, Apologies for my numerous questions undecided. Our case was sent to Nigeria on the 22nd of July (K1 fiance visa). On our page it says ''ready for interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section''. My question is, Do I go ahead to complete the DS160 online or wait until the consulate contacts me? Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 10:25am On Jul 29, 2015
MarieEyre:
Hello VO, Apologies for my numerous questions undecided. Our case was sent to Nigeria on the 22nd of July (K1 fiance visa). On our page it says ''ready for interview when scheduled at the U.S. Consular section''. My question is, Do I go ahead to complete the DS160 online or wait until the consulate contacts me? Thank you.

Wait for us to contact you! We'll have all sorts of instructions. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by usrun: 11:12am On Jul 29, 2015
Hi. I live in Canada but I'm a Nigeria citizen. My police report expired in June 2015. Please can I still use it for interview? Thanks
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 11:20am On Jul 29, 2015
usrun:
Hi. I live in Canada but I'm a Nigeria citizen. My police report expired in June 2015. Please can I still use it for interview? Thanks

Are you interviewing in Canada? If so, you should contact the Embassy or Consulate there and ask them what their policy is.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by iamoluwafemi: 11:39am On Jul 29, 2015
Thank you ma, for the last response, just worried I need you to help me relax my mind I miss my wife so much and it is sad I can't be with her now.Since we all came in for the second interview in January 16, 2015, by 7:00 am. My wife (the petitioner) and our two children attended the interview by 7:00 am and we were both interviewed. It's over 6 months now that I gives up my field work, I cannot work since my job is on the field and sometimes it takes me out of town for weeks or month and I could not leave home since then, since I do not know when the officials will visit my home.

I practically lost lucrative jobs, since it involve that I had to travel out of town for weeks and have been since at home and I am just waiting without any end in sight. I just want to know how long does administrative processing take.Thanks ma.. Sorry for bothering you.

God bless you forever.

VisaOfficer:

I changed the vsia category to IR1. No other updates at this time.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by enye2000: 12:09pm On Jul 29, 2015
pls ma...am just coming out from mtn office where i went to print out my call history with my fiance to apply for k1 visa
they told me d highest month they can print for me is for 3 months...am just worried...will it affect my k1 visa application
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Nobody: 12:26pm On Jul 29, 2015
Good Day Amiable VO,
Thanks for the work you are doing here. I have a question which I hope it's appropriate but I want to know the procedure for collection of documents on the interview day (am scheduled for August 14th). I mean at what stage do you submit AOS, birth certificate, medicals and police report, the reason am asking is to know how to organize my papers for easy accessibility when requested.

Here is what I planned:

Folder 1: All official documents including Birth certificate, Medicals, Police Character Report and AOS (plus its supporting docs), Appointment letter and Visa fee payment receipt. Assuming these will be requested for before meeting with the consular officer.

Folder 2: All evidence of relationship including photos, call records and chat history, airline receipts, hotel reciepts, boarding passes, emails, Facebook posts etc. Assuming these will be requested during the actual interview by the CO.

Please if it's OK to ask do you think this makes sense, I am sorry am very obsessed with organization that's why I am asking *smiles*
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by kobe79: 2:33pm On Jul 29, 2015
VisaOfficer:

It depends on how quickly the laboratory returns the results, and on a great number of other factors that vary from case to case. In short, I can't really answer this question.

lol ur over sweetness will make u disclose some of these "classified" info someday. grin

sometimes the way u answer questions i can feel the sincerity in ur heart, its sad that for folks who benefit from ur answers they wont have such privilege no more.

Good PR from the US embassy, you brought a new face to a negative perception alot of Nigerian visa applicants had abt the U.S. consulate

that's what they call standing out and unusual ingenuity ( cos i applied these ur tactics).

Nigerians learned a lot from this platform so did the consulate benefit and found new tricks and scams.
i also benefited not visa wise but the application of different unconventional methods in getting stuffs done at work.

Good job and continue to take that excellence everywhere you go!!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by dammie12: 4:20pm On Jul 29, 2015
Hi VO.
I need clarification on how you handle cases like this for me and other people in similar situation.
My spouse is being petitioned for and as well pregnant. She hasn't gotten an interview date yet because its still at NVC (almost completed though). Its likely she gets her interview date a month after she puts to bed.
How are cases like this handled?
Assuming the interview is successful and she gets the visa (going to the interview with the baby i must say), would the baby be given a note or letter to g with the mum or has to be processed separately?
Assuming the baby has to be processed separately, any wide guess as to the time it takes to complete the process?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by godfather007: 5:25pm On Jul 29, 2015
Hi VO.. ,

Just a quick question: please how long does it take to be scheduled for an interview once I-129F is approved...

Thanks for your selfless service !

“Witnessing a selfless act brings tears to remind us how we should be treating others.”
― Bryant McGill, Simple Reminders: Inspiration for Living Your Best Life
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Andyoputa: 6:47pm On Jul 29, 2015
Good day sir(c.o)
i have a cousin that applied for k1visa,he presented the whole document needed for visa interview.i met his fiance they both love each other,it was for real.but he said d consular officer denied him,said he doesnt believe d relationship.said d case has been revoke in section 221g and will be return to uscis.but he is free to re
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Andyoputa: 6:52pm On Jul 29, 2015
Good day sir(c.o)
i have a cousin that applied for k1visa,he presented the whole document needed for visa interview.i met his fiancee .they both love each other,it was for real.but he said d consular officer denied him,said he doesnt believe d relationship.said d case has been revoke in section 221g and will be return to uscis.but he is free to reapply again after four months.whats ur advice for him.cos he wants to get married to her ,start a family and a new life.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by blinkdr: 7:55pm On Jul 29, 2015
can u explain best case how long
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by lindababy2u: 11:53pm On Jul 29, 2015
Greetings my amiable V.O. For all these good works God will reward you. Honestly I am very worried about what is happening. I am CR1 and my case was completed since April my husband was able to get NVC two weeks ago and he was told about the technical problem but somebody on this forum said that their case was completed in may 26th and they have already booked them for interview. kindly assist me because I don't know what is happening.

Different cases are affected by our technical problems in different ways. I know it's hard to wait, but please be patient -- NVC will schedule your case for an interview as soon as it can.

Still very worried my V.O ,I'm short of words. kindly assist me.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:10am On Jul 30, 2015
iamoluwafemi:
Thank you ma, for the last response, just worried I need you to help me relax my mind I miss my wife so much and it is sad I can't be with her now.Since we all came in for the second interview in January 16, 2015, by 7:00 am. My wife (the petitioner) and our two children attended the interview by 7:00 am and we were both interviewed. It's over 6 months now that I gives up my field work, I cannot work since my job is on the field and sometimes it takes me out of town for weeks or month and I could not leave home since then, since I do not know when the officials will visit my home.

I practically lost lucrative jobs, since it involve that I had to travel out of town for weeks and have been since at home and I am just waiting without any end in sight. I just want to know how long does administrative processing take.Thanks ma.. Sorry for bothering you.

God bless you forever.

Every case is different, so there's really no way I can answer this. I wish I could, but the only answer is "It depends."
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:11am On Jul 30, 2015
enye2000:
pls ma...am just coming out from mtn office where i went to print out my call history with my fiance to apply for k1 visa
they told me d highest month they can print for me is for 3 months...am just worried...will it affect my k1 visa application

The most important thing will be how you talk about the relationship, not how much paper you submit. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:14am On Jul 30, 2015
Phil4krist:
Good Day Amiable VO,
Thanks for the work you are doing here. I have a question which I hope it's appropriate but I want to know the procedure for collection of documents on the interview day (am scheduled for August 14th). I mean at what stage do you submit AOS, birth certificate, medicals and police report, the reason am asking is to know how to organize my papers for easy accessibility when requested.

Here is what I planned:

Folder 1: All official documents including Birth certificate, Medicals, Police Character Report and AOS (plus its supporting docs), Appointment letter and Visa fee payment receipt. Assuming these will be requested for before meeting with the consular officer.

Folder 2: All evidence of relationship including photos, call records and chat history, airline receipts, hotel reciepts, boarding passes, emails, Facebook posts etc. Assuming these will be requested during the actual interview by the CO.

Please if it's OK to ask do you think this makes sense, I am sorry am very obsessed with organization that's why I am asking *smiles*

It sounds like you're well organized. You'll turn in both folders during intake, then have a seat while we update our computer records etc. The officer will review everything and call you up for an interview.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:17am On Jul 30, 2015
dammie12:
Hi VO.
I need clarification on how you handle cases like this for me and other people in similar situation.
My spouse is being petitioned for and as well pregnant. She hasn't gotten an interview date yet because its still at NVC (almost completed though). Its likely she gets her interview date a month after she puts to bed.
How are cases like this handled?
Assuming the interview is successful and she gets the visa (going to the interview with the baby i must say), would the baby be given a note or letter to g with the mum or has to be processed separately?
Assuming the baby has to be processed separately, any wide guess as to the time it takes to complete the process?

It depends. Are you a Legal Permanent Resident or a U.S. citizen? How long have you been in the U.S.?

If you're an LPR, the child can be included in your wife's case as a derivative and will receive a visa.

If you're a citizen who has at least five years total of physical presence in the U.S. prior to the child's birth, the child will be born a U.S. citizen and can have a U.S. passport.

If you're a citizen with less than five years total of physical presence in the U.S. prior to the child's birth, you will need to file a separate I-130 so that the child can receive a visa.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:19am On Jul 30, 2015
godfather007:
Hi VO.. ,

Just a quick question: please how long does it take to be scheduled for an interview once I-129F is approved...

Thanks for your selfless service !

“Witnessing a selfless act brings tears to remind us how we should be treating others.”
― Bryant McGill, Simple Reminders: Inspiration for Living Your Best Life

It depends. (That's always my answer, isn't it?) Once the petition is approved, NVC forwards the case to us, and when we receive it (which can take a few weeks) we contact the petitioner to let them know how to schedule an interview.

Scheduling an interview in advance is a bad idea, because a lot of people manage to do it incorrectly, which leads to additional delays. People should always wait to hear from us and to read the instructions we send.

(1) (2) (3) ... (190) (191) (192) (193) (194) (195) (196) ... (223)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 9 / Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.