Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,414 members, 7,781,201 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 10:34 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (674151 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:18am On Jul 16, 2014
pepson:

ok thanks i think i will just e-mail my name and date of birth as required

Please provide a little context so the people who answer the e-mail know what to do with it. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:21am On Jul 16, 2014
AREOLA: Hello VO,
We had our interview last friday 11th july nd we were told that our visa would be 4 pick up this friday but  checked d status today nd d status reads ready Pls what does that mean I'm a bit worried. D case number is 2014AF15401.kindly help to fix d problem so that we can pick up  friday.
Thanks nd God bless U̶̲̥̅̊
!

If there's a problem, someone will contact you. If you don't hear from us, it likely means "There's no problem, but our printer is acting up a little. We're working on it."
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:22am On Jul 16, 2014
marymary14: Hello VO,
I recently won the dv lottery and my interview is slated for the 24th of July, but the problem is I recently realised I had to get a police clearance from other countries I have lived in for 12 months and I just got one but there are typographical errors on it. Want to know if it's going to affect my case.

Regards
Mary

Should be fine. Just let the officer know. If all else is well, we can keep the case open until you submit the necessary clearances.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:25am On Jul 16, 2014
StSteven: Thanks so Much for the opportunity to have a direct contact of you here Sir.... I noticed very late that my wife won the 2014 DV and we already send back the filled form to KCC over a month now but Still nothing since then. We've been waiting. Our Case # is 2014AF00014388.
Please, help us check if we are getting our chat date soon before the END. We both rely on this great opportunity so much Sir.

Greetings! I don't see that case number in our system, which means that KCC hasn't scheduled an interview date for you yet. It's very very important that you not miss your appointment date, if one is scheduled before the end of the season. You might want to contact KCC and ask them if they need anything from you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:26am On Jul 16, 2014
Ddream77: Hello VO,
I had my interview last week and was told to pick up my visa on Thursday but when I checked d status as at today, it says ready and last updated on the 11th of july... My case # is 2014AF17107.
Should I still go ahead on Thursday to pick up the visa?

I'd call the collection center first before going all the way out there. As I told a previous applicant, if there's a problem with your case, someone will contact you. If you don't hear from us, it likely means "There's no problem, but our printer is acting up a little. We're working on it."
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by AREOLA: 8:13am On Jul 16, 2014
VisaOfficer:

If there's a problem, someone will contact you. If you don't hear from us, it likely means "There's no problem, but our printer is acting up a little. We're working on it."
Okay, thanks so much.so friday pick up is still possible?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:43am On Jul 16, 2014
AREOLA:
Okay, thanks so much.so friday pick up is still possible?

I'd call the collection center first before going all the way out there.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by marymary14(f): 9:58am On Jul 16, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Should be fine. Just let the officer know. If all else is well, we can keep the case open until you submit the necessary clearances.

Thanks for the info, it's a relief....
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by olami101: 2:18pm On Jul 16, 2014
u are doing a very gud job sir,i pray for u dat God will grant u more knowlegde,wisdom n understanding ijmn to be able to solve d problem of humanity jst lik u always did ijmn.....i hav an important question dt i want to ask u and hav already sent u a mail in dat regard,thanks as u respond to my urgent need,bless u.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by AREOLA: 2:48pm On Jul 16, 2014
Hello VO,
Please hope there is no problem,out of being anxious  sent a mail this morng to lagosIV
Here is d copy of d mail

We have our interview on the 11th of July and we were told that our visa would be ready for pick up in a week's time but when i checked the status of our visa this morning the status reads READY.I don't really understand someone told me that what is supposed to be there now is ISSUED so I'm a bit confused.Should i still go ahead on friday to pick up?
Applicant Name-Lasisi Odunayo Olayinka
Case Number-   2014AF15401
Thanks for the timed response.
So ds afternoon  got a call from d embassy that  should come by 1pm tomoro with all  documents.but dt  should not bother coming with  family.
Please help me out o
Hope I'm save.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:23pm On Jul 16, 2014
olami101: u are doing a very gud job sir,i pray for u dat God will grant u more knowlegde,wisdom n understanding ijmn to be able to solve d problem of humanity jst lik u always did ijmn.....i hav an important question dt i want to ask u and hav already sent u a mail in dat regard,thanks as u respond to my urgent need,bless u.

Thank you for the kind words. I don't read private messages. Please contact us at LagosIV@state.gov or post your question here in the forum.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:25pm On Jul 16, 2014
AREOLA: Hello VO,
Please hope there is no problem,out of being anxious  sent a mail this morng to lagosIV
Here is d copy of d mail

We have our interview on the 11th of July and we were told that our visa would be ready for pick up in a week's time but when i checked the status of our visa this morning the status reads READY.I don't really understand someone told me that what is supposed to be there now is ISSUED so I'm a bit confused.Should i still go ahead on friday to pick up?
Applicant Name-Lasisi Odunayo Olayinka
Case Number-   2014AF15401
Thanks for the timed response.
So ds afternoon  got a call from d embassy that  should come by 1pm tomoro with all  documents.but dt  should not bother coming with  family.
Please help me out o
Hope I'm save.

This is an example of a question that's TOO specific to be addressed in the forum. It sounds like there's something that needs to be discussed face to face. We'll see you tomorrow afternoon.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Adeboy007(m): 3:35pm On Jul 16, 2014
Gud afternoon VO,
I want to say a big thank you to every assistance u av made to me all along.... I owe u lots of appreciation

As I speak to you the woman's Legal Adoption process for the child is completed and ready for collection.

As soon as she have the Hard Copy wit her, she will mail your office for continual of her status. thank you

My Question
I am using this medium to inform you dat I will be having my interview tomorrow Thursday 17, 2014, and I want to ask a question because I wouldn't want to leave anything on touched

I did my first WAEC having 7 credit excluding mathematics and in other to be able to further my education, dis makes me re-register for WAEC-GCE after 1 year of my S.S.C.E having credits including Mathematics.

Now the question is can I bring along to the embassy tomorrow d two results attached wit Scratch Card or come wit only the 7 credits result excluding Mathematics?. will it not affect my chances of getting my visa application approved?

Thank you for ur prompt responses.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:42pm On Jul 16, 2014
Adeboy007: Gud afternoon VO,

I am using this medium to inform you dat I will be having my interview tomorrow Thursday 17, 2014, and I want to ask a question because I wouldn't want to leave anything on touched

I did my first WAEC having 7 credit excluding mathematics and in other to be able to further my education, dis makes me re-register for WAEC-GCE after 1 year of my S.S.C.E having credits including Mathematics.

Now the question is can I bring along to the embassy tomorrow d two results attached wit Scratch Card or come wit only the 7 credits result excluding Mathematics?. will it not affect my chances of getting my visa application approved?

Thank you for ur prompt responses.

My advice is to bring everything you have. The more education people have, the better.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Adeboy007(m): 3:51pm On Jul 16, 2014
VisaOfficer:

My advice is to bring everything you have. The more education people have, the better.

Thank you so much ... I will do as u advice

This is to inform you dat Cute2014 Visa has been approved ... (The lady you advise yesterday to print and bring your conversation wit her on the issue of her hubby)

Hoping to seeing you tomorrow grin

thank you
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 3:54pm On Jul 16, 2014
Adeboy007:

Thank you so much ... I will do as u advice

This is to inform you dat Cute2014 Visa has been approved ... (The lady you advise yesterday to print your conversation wit her on the issue of her hubby)

Hoping to seeing you tomorrow grin

thank you

Excellent news! And for the record, I haven't the slightest idea which of today's applicants was Cute2014. Please don't tell me, so I can continue to bask in my well-honed professional neutrality.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by blaze007(m): 3:57pm On Jul 16, 2014
afternoon folks, pls i ve got a question. i want to travel to the US for vacation. my friendly who works in a well known company is sending me the invitation. am presently working here in naija. wat are my chances of securing the visa, and secondly wat documents would i be needing? tanx and Jah bless.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by AREOLA: 3:58pm On Jul 16, 2014
VisaOfficer:

This is an example of a question that's TOO specific to be addressed in the forum. It sounds like there's something that needs to be discussed face to face. We'll see you tomorrow afternoon.
Okay thank U̶̲̥̅̊
nd God bless. will be there tommorrow afternoon.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:00pm On Jul 16, 2014
blaze007: afternoon folks, pls i ve got a question. i want to travel to the US for vacation. my friendly who works in a well known company is sending me the invitation. am presently working here in naija. wat are my chances of securing the visa, and secondly wat documents would i be needing? tanx and Jah bless.

This is a question for my non-immigrant visa colleagues. Please post it at https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Adeboy007(m): 4:29pm On Jul 16, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Excellent news! And for the record, I haven't the slightest idea which of today's applicants was Cute2014. Please don't tell me, so I can continue to bask in my well-honed professional neutrality.

Definitely I understood you very well. No sentiment attached.
I have came to realize that your advise is best to none which if anyone stick to it and follow it up, he/she will definitely comes out successful .... You are such a honored woman. God bless you richly

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 4:38pm On Jul 16, 2014
Adeboy007:

Definitely I understood you very well. No sentiment attached.
I have come to know that your advise is best to none which if anyone stick to it and follow it up, he/she will definitely comes out successfully .... You are such a honored woman. God bless you richly

Thank you sir! But my advice is only "Tell the truth." If people qualify for the visas, they will receive visas. If they don't, they won't. If we find we've made a mistake in either regard, we correct it. I worry sometimes about people looking for the perfect thing to say to us and the perfect document to present, because if you read back through these threads, people who qualify tend to get their visas and people who are trying to slip past us generally have significant difficulties. There's no real magic to it... except for the magic of honesty and openness.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by pepson: 4:52pm On Jul 16, 2014
VisaOfficer:

Please provide a little context so the people who answer the e-mail know what to do with it. smiley

i sent the e-mail as you requested me to do, this is the respond they wrote back to me :'''At the time of your diversity visa interview, you will be advised accordingly'''. i really want to know my status V.O, if i wait to be interviewed and it is found that there is an eligibility in the system that would be late for me to apply for a waiver,VO what can i really do to know my status?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 5:06pm On Jul 16, 2014
pepson:

i sent the e-mail as you requested me to do, this is the respond they wrote back to me :'''At the time of your diversity visa interview, you will be advised accordingly'''. i really want to know my status V.O, if i wait to be interviewed and it is found that there is an eligibility in the system that would be late for me to apply for a waiver,VO what can i really do to know my status?

Okay, I was going to send you an e-mail through LagosIV, but I think the answer will be useful generally, so:

You do have an ineligibility under 212(a)(6)(C)(1) for presenting false documents, and you'll need to apply for a waiver. In order to apply for a waiver, you would need to have been interviewed for an immigrant visa (in this case, a DV). You can't just apply for a waiver with the idea that some day in the future you might be applying for a visa.

To be eligible for a waiver for a 212(a)(6)(C)(1) ineligibility, you must be the spouse, parent, or child of a U.S. citizen, a Legal Permanent Resident, or someone who has been issued an immigrant visa (in this case, a DV). So if your parents aren't in the U.S. as citizens or LPRs, you'll have to take care of all this after you marry your girlfriend.

It's up to you whether you'll marry her first and try to get a waiver in your Diversity Visa case, or whether you get married later and wait until she files an I-130 petition for you as her spouse.

In any case, the best thing to do is to be very upfront and candid with the interviewing officer. We get worried when we find this stuff out from our computers instead of directly from our applicants.

Good luck! Let us know what happens.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jeff1980(m): 5:57pm On Jul 16, 2014
@VisaOfficer may God Bless u wit d geat work u a doin on dis forum.Pls what can i do to this issue?My wife and i went for an interview and we were both denied with no specific reason,what i suspect is that inside my wife passport she bear her father's name because she has been using the passport to travel to UK several time but when we filled the form online she use my surname as her surname and she has already summited the form before we realised this.so we went for that interview with her father's name which is difference from the surname she used in d form
i want to know sir,if she apply for new passport on my surname(husband surname) now and if we go for another interview as husband and wife with this new passport and old passport,i hope our old online filled form will not contracdit with the new form we ae goin to fill online for the interviewPls i need advice on this.God bless
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 6:10pm On Jul 16, 2014
jeff1980: @VisaOfficer may God Bless u wit d geat work u a doin on dis forum.Pls what can i do to this issue?My wife and i went for an interview and we were both denied with no specific reason,what i suspect is that inside my wife passport she bear her father's name because she has been using the passport to travel to UK several time but when we filled the form online she use my surname as her surname and she has already summited the form before we realised this.so we went for that interview with her father's name which is difference from the surname she used in d form
i want to know sir,if she apply for new passport on my surname(husband surname) now and if we go for another interview as husband and wife with this new passport and old passport,i hope our old online filled form will not contracdit with the new form we ae goin to fill online for the interviewPls i need advice on this.God bless

This sounds like a question for the non-immigrant forum: https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening

If you're applying for immigrant visas, which category? Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Ddream77: 6:27pm On Jul 16, 2014
Dear VO,
God bless you, America and Nigeria... smiley
I'll like to know the minimum and maximum amount of money one can travel with as an immigrant.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by jeff1980(m): 6:55pm On Jul 16, 2014
Thank you Visaofficer,we applied for family visit bcause my wife brother in America wanted to do wedding infact the wedding date was shifted becaause of this denial.God Bless

VisaOfficer:

This sounds like a question for the non-immigrant forum: https://www.nairaland.com/1792662/u.s-non-immigrant-visas-listening

If you're applying for immigrant visas, which category? Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by aariwa(m): 8:12pm On Jul 16, 2014
VisaOfficer:

It depends whether his cousin is a Legal Permanent Resident or a U.S. citizen, and whether your friend is chargeable to Mexico or somewhere else. Could you clarify?
They do not live in mexico but travelled down there solely for getting married because the cousin who is an american citizen is afraid of coming down to nigeria for the wedding due to security issues.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by aariwa(m): 8:12pm On Jul 16, 2014
aariwa: Good day VO.A friend of mine recently got married to his first cousin in Mexico and it is legal under mexican and wisconsin[although there is a proviso that the female should be past child bearing age which is the case with the present scenario] laws where she resides.She intends to file an application to that effect soon.what documents should he present before interview and the approximate time wait .Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (223)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.