Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,185 members, 7,780,272 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 11:40 AM

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer - Travel (95) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer (674073 Views)

U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer / I Am A U.S. Consular Officer: Ask Me Your Visa Questions. / Likely Questions By Usa Consular During Interview For Tourist Visa And Response (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (223) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tunnath: 3:50pm On Jan 26, 2015
Sorry VO, I'm referring to a diversity visa lottery

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sirk111: 3:55pm On Jan 26, 2015
Good evening Ma, I want to say, thanks you so much Ma, cos` they`ve given me appointment date to come back for re-interview. Please Ma, In my first interview, i brought relationship photos before wedding, wedding pictures, my son birth certificate, before i was asked to do DNA between 3 of us, for insufficient documentation. Now they got the DNA result. This is what it says in my new re- interview ma....You are required to return to the Consulate on Friday February 13, 2015 at 7:00am with evidence of ongoing relationship with your petitioner.
pls Ma, does this mean i should bring copy of DNA, or the same photos, wedding pictures, marriage certificate and son birth certificate Ma!!
Pls ma, help me, to know what to bring Ma.Thanks and God bless....LGS2014569045
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:08am On Jan 27, 2015
Badgers14:
good morning Ma.

My fiancée didn't receive any call from the consulate last week, just like you advised I sent email to LagosIV@state.gov. and received this response.

" Thank you for your inquiry, please be advised that the case is still under review. Ms...... will be promptly contacted when the processing is completed.

What do we do now.

Thanks again.

Our review is ongoing but we do hope to contact the beneficiary soon.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:17am On Jan 27, 2015
osashilton:
in reference to Olatosin2020 question, what if his mother is already a US citizen and just got approval from USCIS for filing under Unmarried son(above 21yrs) of a US citizen. And in the process of waiting for his interview date which probably is years away from the approval date, he gets married and have kids. Does this automatically render the application void? And if it does, it means the program isn't favorable to him as he might have enter his late 30's and not gotten married all because he wants to migrate to the US. Nobody would like to marry late, everyone wants a family of their own. What's your say on this my gallant VO. *no offense*

No offense taken. If the petitioner is now a U.S. citizen, we would go ahead and process the case as an F3 (married child of U.S. citizen). Technically, if he got married BEFORE the petitioner became a U.S. citizen, we could require the petitioner to file a whole new petition on his behalf because the petitioner was still a Legal Permanent Resident when he got married... but in reality, we just go ahead and change the category to F3 because we're not total jerks. smiley

On the other hand, I admit to having very little sympathy for the complaint that the program isn't favorable to married people because married people wait longer. The whole point of U.S. immigration policy is to reunite families, and it makes sense to me that an unmarried person would have a more pressing need to reunite with his parents than a married person who has established his own nuclear family in his native country. My personal opinion is that I'm glad married people get to immigrate too, but complaining because unmarried children have shorter wait times is missing the point of immigration. (This is my less than gallant say and should not be taken as anything other than my personal opinion.)

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:18am On Jan 27, 2015
mondayutum:
Maam I keep dialing the number ‎094601748 its never connecting on my mobile phone I have dial it over 100x even put +234‎94601748 its not connecting at all. If there is any other number I will wish to call them my wife has been calling it from the states but she couldn't get through I wrote them on support@ustraveldocs.com please maam which ever way you can help me please do it will be appreciated

Sorry, those are the only ways to contact them.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:19am On Jan 27, 2015
stevewale:

Going by this, I am presuming those of us scheduling for K1 interview may likely have nearest available dates to select for interview? ... Although my case is still with TSC which presently are so slow cos they claimed they have a lots of backlogs... Hoping to hear from them soon as it appears they are currently working on July 2014 filers now which mine too was in July. How I wish NVC would grant us a special speed considering the time TSC has wasted on our cases unlike their CSC counterpart...lolz

K1 interviewees always have the nearest available dates to select, because you're selecting your own dates rather than waiting for NVC or KCC to schedule everything in tranches. smiley

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:21am On Jan 27, 2015
tunnath:
Sorry VO, I'm referring to a diversity visa lottery

It depends on your DV rank number. Your case number is something like 2015AF000xxxxx, right? Right now people in the Africa region (except Egypt and Ethiopia) whose rank number (the xxxxx part) is lower than 21000 are eligible to be scheduled for an interview. You can monitor your rank number at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/law-and-policy/bulletin.html .
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 8:23am On Jan 27, 2015
sirk111:
Good evening Ma, I want to say, thanks you so much Ma, cos` they`ve given me appointment date to come back for re-interview. Please Ma, In my first interview, i brought relationship photos before wedding, wedding pictures, my son birth certificate, before i was asked to do DNA between 3 of us, for insufficient documentation. Now they got the DNA result. This is what it says in my new re- interview ma....You are required to return to the Consulate on Friday February 13, 2015 at 7:00am with evidence of ongoing relationship with your petitioner.
pls Ma, does this mean i should bring copy of DNA, or the same photos, wedding pictures, marriage certificate and son birth certificate Ma!!
Pls ma, help me, to know what to bring Ma.Thanks and God bless....LGS2014569045

Based on what you've written, it sounds like you should bring evidence that you and your spouse continue to have an ongoing bona fide relationship even after the birth of your son. Good luck!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Badgers14: 8:25am On Jan 27, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Our review is ongoing but we do hope to contact the beneficiary soon.

sad
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Tee1991: 12:25pm On Jan 27, 2015
Good day,

My biological mother is married to a citizen of the United States. He is a Nigerian by birth but has acquired citizenship status. Due to this, my mother was recently granted her Immigrant VISA.

Now my question is this: Am I entitled to an Immigrant visa if my mother files for me? Note that this man is my step-father but his wife, is my biological mother...

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 12:38pm On Jan 27, 2015
Tee1991:
Good day,

My biological mother is married to a citizen of the United States. He is a Nigerian by birth but has acquired citizenship status. Due to this, my mother was recently granted her Immigrant VISA.

Now my question is this: Am I entitled to an Immigrant visa if my mother files for me? Note that this man is my step-father but his wife, is my biological mother...

Thank you.

If you're unmarried, your mother can file for you as a Legal Permanent Resident. Whether you're married or not, your stepfather can file for you as a U.S. citizen. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by tunnath: 2:52pm On Jan 27, 2015
Yes VO, It started with that case number 2015AF00.......
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mrnigerd: 4:41pm On Jan 27, 2015
Hello vo,
I am a permanent resident and i just sent form i130 to Phoenix lockbox for my 5year old.Please can I have an estimate of how long it would take before interview and visa is issued?Months or years?I am hoping she may be able to start school in September.Also,I read it somewhere you mentioned getting an F2 visa,does it apply to my case too.
Please,im a novice in this things and I would appreciate your response.Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by LUCAS99: 6:35pm On Jan 27, 2015
Dear Visa Officer I received an e-mail from LagosNIV@state.gov stating that my passport is available for pick up at the DHL PICKUP Facility/GSS Document Collection Center – DHL: Plot 230 Muri Okunola Street, Victoria Island Nigeria.

On receiving the e-mail I asked my cousin to go and retrieve my passport. My cousin travelled all the way from Port Harcourt to Lagos only to be told by the officers at the collection center that the US CONSULATE GENERAL LAGOS, NIGERIA has collected back my passport and has subsequently forwarded it to the GSS Document Collection Center DHL, 82 Trans Amadi – Ellah Estate, by Bewac Junction Port Harcourt, Nigeria.

Please can you verify the accuracy of the above information and if I may request if my passport is actually at the GSS Document Collection Center DHL, 82 Trans Amadi – Ellah Estate, by Bewac Junction Port Harcourt, Nigeria can they please hold my passport there until my cousin returns back to Port Harcourt from Lagos. My cousin has just departed Lagos and should be back to Port Harcourt by tomorrow.

Thanks once again for your esteemed help.

My Humble Submission,

Prince Egu Uduka.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by sirk111: 6:49pm On Jan 27, 2015
Ok Ma, Thanks a lot and God bless for giving me a clue...... wink
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by osashilton: 7:18pm On Jan 27, 2015
VisaOfficer:

No offense taken. If the petitioner is now a U.S. citizen, we would go ahead and process the case as an F3 (married child of U.S. citizen). Technically, if he got married BEFORE the petitioner became a U.S. citizen, we could require the petitioner to file a whole new petition on his behalf because the petitioner was still a Legal Permanent Resident when he got married... but in reality, we just go ahead and change the category to F3 because we're not total jerks. smiley

On the other hand, I admit to having very little sympathy for the complaint that the program isn't favorable to married people because married people wait longer. The whole point of U.S. immigration policy is to reunite families, and it makes sense to me that an unmarried person would have a more pressing need to reunite with his parents than a married person who has established his own nuclear family in his native country. My personal opinion is that I'm glad married people get to immigrate too, but complaining because unmarried children have shorter wait times is missing the point of immigration. (This is my less than gallant say and should not be taken as anything other than my personal opinion.)
am back again... Lemme quote you sir/ma "If the petitioner is now a U.S. citizen, we would go ahead and process the case as an F3 (married child of U.S. citizen)." Wen u say "go ahead and process the case as an F3, do you actually mean processing as FR for the interview after been scheduled?, or the US citizen mother files a new petition, meaning he/she wuld hv to wait another long waiting years? Don't mind my too many questions my amiable VO
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:08am On Jan 28, 2015
mrnigerd:
Hello vo,
I am a permanent resident and i just sent form i130 to Phoenix lockbox for my 5year old.Please can I have an estimate of how long it would take before interview and visa is issued?Months or years?I am hoping she may be able to start school in September.Also,I read it somewhere you mentioned getting an F2 visa,does it apply to my case too.
Please,im a novice in this things and I would appreciate your response.Thanks.

Because you're an LPR, your daughter would be an F2A. Right now it takes approximately 21 months for an F2A to become current (that is, to be eligible to be scheduled for an interview). But, once you have an interview date, you could request an expedite. We are willing to expedite cases for minors whenever possible.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:09am On Jan 28, 2015
LUCAS99:
Dear Visa Officer I received an e-mail from LagosNIV@state.gov stating that my passport is available for pick up at the DHL PICKUP Facility/GSS Document Collection Center – DHL: Plot 230 Muri Okunola Street, Victoria Island Nigeria.

On receiving the e-mail I asked my cousin to go and retrieve my passport. My cousin travelled all the way from Port Harcourt to Lagos only to be told by the officers at the collection center that the US CONSULATE GENERAL LAGOS, NIGERIA has collected back my passport and has subsequently forwarded it to the GSS Document Collection Center DHL, 82 Trans Amadi – Ellah Estate, by Bewac Junction Port Harcourt, Nigeria.

Please can you verify the accuracy of the above information and if I may request if my passport is actually at the GSS Document Collection Center DHL, 82 Trans Amadi – Ellah Estate, by Bewac Junction Port Harcourt, Nigeria can they please hold my passport there until my cousin returns back to Port Harcourt from Lagos. My cousin has just departed Lagos and should be back to Port Harcourt by tomorrow.

My Humble Submission,

Prince Egu Uduka.

These are questions for my colleagues at LagosNIV@state.gov . Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by VisaOfficer: 7:10am On Jan 28, 2015
osashilton:
am back again... Lemme quote you sir/ma "If the petitioner is now a U.S. citizen, we would go ahead and process the case as an F3 (married child of U.S. citizen)." Wen u say "go ahead and process the case as an F3, do you actually mean processing as FR for the interview after been scheduled?, or the US citizen mother files a new petition, meaning he/she wuld hv to wait another long waiting years? Don't mind my too many questions my amiable VO

No, in this case, we would just go ahead and process the original petition as if it had been an F3 all along. smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by onuzulikenma(f): 11:49am On Jan 28, 2015
Good day vo, just want to thank u for your assistance, my visa has been approved and issued, will be in USA very soon to join my hubby, no more airport cries, for those still on d process just trust God, be real because everyone deserves to be with there love ones,God bless Nigeria, God bless America, peace

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mondayutum(m): 12:07pm On Jan 28, 2015
Thanx maam I have picked my visa up at the dhl office muri okunola street, I am so excited I am flying next week am so excited thanks maam you are the best and for those still on the process keep the faith and believe in God everything will fall in place soon thanx my nairralanders God is really using this vo big ups maam

6 Likes

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by yorubaamerican(m): 3:00pm On Jan 28, 2015
VisaOfficer:

Greetings! Every case is different, but having a child together is indeed pretty darn good evidence of a relationship. smiley

Thanks for the affirmation!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by mabor: 3:10pm On Jan 28, 2015
Ma I just have a general question. How come some people stay in administrative processing for so long. Are the files worked on.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by terefe(m): 4:25pm On Jan 28, 2015
Hi Madam... I would like to ask how long it could take for a petition that was approved in december 2014 to be transferred to the lagos consulate.
Petition was filed in 2012, unmarried child of Lpr. Thanks
smiley
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by osashilton: 10:36pm On Jan 28, 2015
VisaOfficer:

No, in this case, we would just go ahead and process the original petition as if it had been an F3 all along. smiley
thank you. Got the answer I want. Good job and God bless

1 Like

Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by pamb: 11:40pm On Jan 28, 2015
if usc petion for married siblings which is the waiting period is 10-12years,and one of the children of beneficiary is a minor at that time,by the time the duration expire the child is already 21 yrs old,will that child be allow or parent will file separate petion?
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by iyaaliyah: 11:54pm On Jan 28, 2015
Hello @Visa officer. Pls a father who is a US citizen said he filed for his children. He later received a message to produce more documents by which time he had moved from the address to which the application/request for additional documents was sent. According to him, by the time he got this message the time given to him to submit the application had passed and that the application was canceled.what can be done in this situation. Thanks and welldone!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by deruboy: 2:48am On Jan 29, 2015
Hello Visa officer, pls sir/ma I applied for a usa tourism visa and on my applicatn form I stated tthat I planned to travel on march 24 to return April 4. I had my interview last wk wed ie 20th n my vvisa was granted. Pls siir I want to ask if I can travel anytime to d USA or am expected to travel on d date I stated on my application form(ie March 24). Pls advice me,am confuse. Thanks alot
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by HesInMe: 6:47am On Jan 29, 2015
Regarding police certificates presented at the visa interview, please: How old is too old? We recently submitted the I-130 petition and I'm gathering the required documentation. I've seen two dates thrown around -- less than 6 months, up to one year. Which is it, please? Thanks!
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by Newmum0615: 9:33am On Jan 29, 2015
Dear VO,

I am trying to complete my DS-160 form for my visa and it is asking for visa type. There is an option for Business/Tourism (B1/B2) and the Tourism/Medical Treatment (B2). Please which one is appropriate for someone going to give birth over there?

Also there is a place that asks this question: Has anyone ever filed an immigrant petition on your behalf with the United States Citizenship and Immigration Services?. A cousin of mine about 3 years entered my name for the US visa lottery program through the ELECTRONIC DIVERSITY VISA ENTRY FORM (DS-5501). Although I didn't win, does this qualify for me to answer a yes for the question? He didn't file as a US citizen or otherwise.

Please help me out.
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Immigration Questions: Ask A U.S. Consular Officer by LUCAS99: 11:28am On Jan 29, 2015
Dear Visa Officer I want to inform you that my cousin has successfully retrieved my passport from the GSS Document Collection Center DHL, 82 Trans Amadi – Ellah Estate, by Bewac Junction Port Harcourt, Nigeria.

My Humble Submission,

Prince Egu Uduka.

(1) (2) (3) ... (92) (93) (94) (95) (96) (97) (98) ... (223)

Yankee: through the eyes of a village boy. / Giving Birth In Canada / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.