Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,353 members, 7,800,706 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 01:39 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (817231 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tanzii: 4:56am On Apr 27, 2016
Dear V.O,
I have a visa that expired in August 2012, and according to new rules on the drop box system, i believe i am still within the four year gap to use the drop box system, is it necessary to attach bank statements and other supporting documents while making the drop box renewal?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:33pm On Apr 27, 2016
tanzii:
Dear V.O,
I have a visa that expired in August 2012, and according to new rules on the drop box system, i believe i am still within the four year gap to use the drop box system, is it necessary to attach bank statements and other supporting documents while making the drop box renewal?

Hello tanzii,

Please follow the directions on the on the CGI website - http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visarenew.asp. You will need to complete the DS 160 and pay your fees, but no additional supporting documents are necessary.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:51pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hello Nairaland -

Yesterday at the U.S. Consulate, two visa officers and the head of Education USA spent an hour talking about the student visa process. You can check out the video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iRU3M_VYLA

For all your other student visa related questions, please go to https://www.nairaland.com/2991174/u.s-student-visa-f1-m1/2#45110295

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by UNIXLover(m): 2:28pm On Apr 27, 2016
Hello VO,
I got F1 stamped in December but unfortunately was unable to travel because my wife got sick (We got married in December shortly after my Visa was approved ). Now I got my admission deffer-ed and got a new I-20 form and also told the school about my wife as dependent. my Question is:
Do i need to re-apply for another Visa considering that I am going to the same school with same Program ?
Can my wife appear with me for her F2 and would this not affect the chances of my Visa being denied?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:49pm On Apr 27, 2016
UNIXLover:
Hello VO,
I got F1 stamped in December but unfortunately was unable to travel because my wife got sick (We got married in December shortly after my Visa was approved ). Now I got my admission deffer-ed and got a new I-20 form and also told the school about my wife as dependent. my Question is:
Do i need to re-apply for another Visa considering that I am going to the same school with same Program ?
Can my wife appear with me for her F2 and would this not affect the chances of my Visa being denied?

Hello UNIXLover,

First off, please direct all future student visa questions to https://www.nairaland.com/2991174/u.s-student-visa-f1-m1. But, to answer your question, you do not need to reapply as long as you have a new I-20 and your status is still active in SEVIS. Your wife will need the I-20 for her interview as an F2 dependent. Verify in SEVIS that your school has updated your status and changed your start date. You may get a few extra questions at the POE, but just explain why you deferred your admission.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tjwolex: 5:48pm On Apr 27, 2016
Good day VO, please I need an expert advice here. I was denied an F1 visa today in Lagos.
I applied for a language course in ESL because I work as a teacher of ESL in a non-English speaking country.
I am still perplexed as to why the VO denied my visa. Although I filled in my application that I wasn't working at the moment because I didn't bring my contract of employment letter with me to Nigeria as I never thought I would be needing it. However, I have made plans for it to be mailed to me.
Please, advise me on how my re-application should go. I really need to go through this course because it is compulsory that I go through such periodic courses at my place of work. The course starts on the 6th of June and I intend to reapply.
What and what should I do differently this time around?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dotcomnamename: 9:04pm On Apr 27, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello Nairaland -

Yesterday at the U.S. Consulate, two visa officers and the head of Education USA spent an hour talking about the student visa process. You can check out the video here

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iRU3M_VYLA

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

VO,

What is the requirements for US tourist visa for Children under the age of 18 who will be accompanied by adult? Are the children the main applicants or the adult that will accompany them?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:29am On Apr 28, 2016
dotcomnamename:

VO,

What is the requirements for US tourist visa for Children under the age of 18 who will be accompanied by adult? Are the children the main applicants or the adult that will accompany them?

Thanks

Hello dotcomnamename,

Minors typically qualify with their parents or guardians.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:31am On Apr 28, 2016
tjwolex:
Good day VO, please I need an expert advice here. I was denied an F1 visa today in Lagos.
I applied for a language course in ESL because I work as a teacher of ESL in a non-English speaking country.
I am still perplexed as to why the VO denied my visa. Although I filled in my application that I wasn't working at the moment because I didn't bring my contract of employment letter with me to Nigeria as I never thought I would be needing it. However, I have made plans for it to be mailed to me.
Please, advise me on how my re-application should go. I really need to go through this course because it is compulsory that I go through such periodic courses at my place of work. The course starts on the 6th of June and I intend to reapply.
What and what should I do differently this time around?

Hello tjwolex,

Please direct questions for student visas to this thread - https://www.nairaland.com/2991174/u.s-student-visa-f1-m1/2#45110295. Read through the thread first as your question has probably already been answered by the consular officer.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dotcomnamename: 10:29am On Apr 28, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello dotcomnamename,

Minors typically qualify with their parents or guardians.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

Dear VO,

Thank you for your reply. However, I still don't get it. I saw this on your website- Personal Appearance Waiver ''Applicants under the age of 14 years of age or over 79 years of age may apply for their visa by mail''.

Does it mean the accompany adult may also apply by mail along with the minors? You may wish to check this out sir http://dublin.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas/personal-appearance-waiver.html

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:39pm On Apr 28, 2016
dotcomnamename:

Dear VO,

Thank you for your reply. However, I still don't get it. I saw this on your website- Personal Appearance Waiver ''Applicants under the age of 14 years of age or over 79 years of age may apply for their visa by mail''.

Does it mean the accompany adult may also apply by mail along with the minors? You may wish to check this out sir http://dublin.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas/personal-appearance-waiver.html

Thanks

Hello dotcomnamename,

That link you sent is for Dublin, Ireland and they have different visa requirements than Nigeria. In Nigeria, minors who have already been issued a visa in the past can use Dropbox and the personal appearance is waived, but not for first time applicants.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cant(m): 2:27pm On Apr 28, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello flowing12,

Read what you just wrote. You were barred from reentering our country for five years. Please do not waste your family's money by applying within that five-year period. To be frank, if you have a history of being turned around or deported, it would be in your interest to consider traveling to other countries.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Hilda2016(f): 3:14pm On Apr 28, 2016
Ma/Sir,

I was denied early this year for B1/b2 visa, purpose visit on the ground of section 214(b).
Its three months now and I wish to re-apply again with my family purpose : for a summer vacation.

Are my on the right part?
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by job23: 4:37pm On Apr 28, 2016
dear VO,my brother travelled to new york on the 20th of this month for a conference and to shop for his forthcoming wedding but he was asked to withdraw is application at port of entry jfk airport and his visa was cancelled on 1-275 ground 212(a)7.
what can he do?
is the visa still valid?
when can he reapply?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ezigbozi: 10:50pm On Apr 28, 2016
Dear VO,

In my Case I lied about being pregnant at my Interview in 2014. This was because I was worried that I will be turned down. I was giving the Visa and I travelled later in the year to have my baby. When I arrived in the US (Houston), my conversation with the POE was really smooth (I was initially nervous because of the previous lie i told), we had a friendly chat and it ended with an advise for me to make sure I keep my zero receipts. (I was so happy and relived and immediately shared my successful entry with my family) I took his advise and ensured that I got all the receipts before I returned home. Last month, I visited the US for a short vacation. My conversation with POE was also smooth (philadelphia) , he asked, 'why are you here', I replied on a vacation, he asked who I will be staying with and I replied a friend,he took my biometrics, stamped 6 months stay on my Passport and asked me to enjoy my stay. Moving out of that area, I went on to claim my luggage and after that there was another point of check like a second POE (I assume this was just to check food items/contraband). I openned my suitcases for the checks, and in the course of the check, the officer discovered my file of Zero Bal receipts for by previous baby,(I'm expecting again) he also discovered the 'fit to fly' travel certificate that was given to me at the Nigerian airport. He immediately looked up and asked 'Are you pregnant?' I replied yes, he asked 'How far gone' i replied 14 weeks and then he put aside those documents and continued with the search, when he was done searching. He moved back to his computer with my documents and passports in his possession. (He seemed to have searched my info)Then he turned to me and said 'you mentioned at your interview in 2014 that you were not pregnant when you were asked, how come you came back to have a baby later that year'?, I was startled then he went on to say 'you must have known you were pregnant at that time' I did not see this coming at all,I thought that lie had disappeared I stared at him for about 40 secs and then retorted that I paid all my bills,and I did not owe anything. His response, 'I can see that you do not owe but it does not change the fact that you lied at your interview'. Fast forward, he asked me to wait there and then he was gone with all my documents for over 30mins. He came back to his computer typed in some info and stamped over the last POE's stamp. He voided the last stay limit of 6 months and reduced it to 1 month. To be honest, I only came for a short visit to rest and plan for my September trip. I was not intending to stay till my due date ,I am not my own Boss yet and wouldn't have been able to stay out of work for that long. I'm only entitled to 90 working days for maternity leave. I am still terrified by that experience. My Family has advised that i send a 'change of intent letter' to the Consulate. I now understand the importance of being honest, I am really worried. although, My Visa will still be valid by the time I am ready to travel in Sept. I would like to set things right to avoid tension on arrival. Should I go ahead to send the 'change of intent letter'? Kindly advise. Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ikaboy: 7:28am On Apr 29, 2016
Hello people!

Thanks for the good job u doing here. Permit me to drop my inquiries here.

1. I have a B1/B2 visa bid to expire in June. I am currently in Nigeria and want to renew. Do i have to wait for its expiration before i renew. NB: i intend using dropbox method.

2. Again, my status has changed as i just got married. I have my marriage cert and change of name already. In filling my application do i have to indicate my new status and name especially as my passport is having my old status.

3. Lastly, i equally have a new passport, i guess i will be making use of the new passport number even though my profile is bearing the old passport number??

I await your responses.

Thank you.

One Love!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:43am On Apr 29, 2016
Hilda2016:
Ma/Sir,

I was denied early this year for B1/b2 visa, purpose visit on the ground of section 214(b).
Its three months now and I wish to re-apply again with my family purpose : for a summer vacation.

Are my on the right part?
Thanks

Hello Hilda2016,

You are welcome to reapply at any time. It will be helpful to reread the letter you received after your last interview and ensure that you now have stronger ties to Nigeria.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:46am On Apr 29, 2016
job23:
dear VO,my brother travelled to new york on the 20th of this month for a conference and to shop for his forthcoming wedding but he was asked to withdraw is application at port of entry jfk airport and his visa was cancelled on 1-275 ground 212(a)7.
what can he do?
is the visa still valid?
when can he reapply?

Hello job23,

Everyone is welcome to apply whenever they wish. In response to your question about your brother - his visa has been cancelled at the POE. He can reapply at anytime, but keep in mind that the consular officer will see this turnaround and he will have to clearly and honestly explain exactly what happened and then once again overcome the presumption of immigrant intent.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:02am On Apr 29, 2016
ezigbozi:
Dear VO,

In my Case I lied about being pregnant at my Interview in 2014. This was because I was worried that I will be turned down. I was giving the Visa and I travelled later in the year to have my baby. When I arrived in the US (Houston), my conversation with the POE was really smooth (I was initially nervous because of the previous lie i told), we had a friendly chat and it ended with an advise for me to make sure I keep my zero receipts. (I was so happy and relived and immediately shared my successful entry with my family) I took his advise and ensured that I got all the receipts before I returned home. Last month, I visited the US for a short vacation. My conversation with POE was also smooth (philadelphia) , he asked, 'why are you here', I replied on a vacation, he asked who I will be staying with and I replied a friend,he took my biometrics, stamped 6 months stay on my Passport and asked me to enjoy my stay. Moving out of that area, I went on to claim my luggage and after that there was another point of check like a second POE (I assume this was just to check food items/contraband). I openned my suitcases for the checks, and in the course of the check, the officer discovered my file of Zero Bal receipts for by previous baby,(I'm expecting again) he also discovered the 'fit to fly' travel certificate that was given to me at the Nigerian airport. He immediately looked up and asked 'Are you pregnant?' I replied yes, he asked 'How far gone' i replied 14 weeks and then he put aside those documents and continued with the search, when he was done searching. He moved back to his computer with my documents and passports in his possession. (He seemed to have searched my info)Then he turned to me and said 'you mentioned at your interview in 2014 that you were not pregnant when you were asked, how come you came back to have a baby later that year'?, I was startled then he went on to say 'you must have known you were pregnant at that time' I did not see this coming at all,I thought that lie had disappeared I stared at him for about 40 secs and then retorted that I paid all my bills,and I did not owe anything. His response, 'I can see that you do not owe but it does not change the fact that you lied at your interview'. Fast forward, he asked me to wait there and then he was gone with all my documents for over 30mins. He came back to his computer typed in some info and stamped over the last POE's stamp. He voided the last stay limit of 6 months and reduced it to 1 month. To be honest, I only came for a short visit to rest and plan for my September trip. I was not intending to stay till my due date ,I am not my own Boss yet and wouldn't have been able to stay out of work for that long. I'm only entitled to 90 working days for maternity leave. I am still terrified by that experience. My Family has advised that i send a 'change of intent letter' to the Consulate. I now understand the importance of being honest, I am really worried. although, My Visa will still be valid by the time I am ready to travel in Sept. I would like to set things right to avoid tension on arrival. Should I go ahead to send the 'change of intent letter'? Kindly advise. Thank you

Hello ezigbozi,

You should not send a letter to the Consulate as we are not able to add anything to your case in that manner. If you travel on your current visa, you may once again have problems at the POE, especially if you are visibly pregnant when you return as you mentioned you plan to have your next child there as well. You could pay for a new appointment and schedule a fresh interview with an officer to show your paid-in-full receipts and to officially state your purpose of travel and explain your previous visits, but that is also not guaranteed. Lying to consular officers or hiding a true purpose of travel will never end well, even if not on the first trip.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:05am On Apr 29, 2016
ikaboy:
Hello people!

Thanks for the good job u doing here. Permit me to drop my inquiries here.

1. I have a B1/B2 visa bid to expire in June. I am currently in Nigeria and want to renew. Do i have to wait for its expiration before i renew. NB: i intend using dropbox method.

2. Again, my status has changed as i just got married. I have my marriage cert and change of name already. In filling my application do i have to indicate my new status and name especially as my passport is having my old status.

3. Lastly, i equally have a new passport, i guess i will be making use of the new passport number even though my profile is bearing the old passport number??

I await your responses.

Thank you.

One Love!

Hello ikaboy,

You can apply for Dropbox even if your valid visa has yet to expire. You should fill out the DS 160 to accurately reflect your current status and name and if you have changed your name and have a new PPT, you should include your old PPT with your new PPT when you submit your documents to DHL.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jay500(m): 9:53am On Apr 29, 2016
Dear Nairalander and NIV ,

Many thanks for each line of comments , interview script , enlightment and all .I read each comment in the forum for 3months .

Thank you NIV for your attentiveness and your advisory services .

i got my 2years Visa today without interview stress . I dont have any travelling experience and i told same during the 2mins interview .

i noticed when you are genuine with your application without doubt it will issued .

None of my documents were requested , only my travelling passport .

I listen to numbers of applicants while waiting and some are not encouraging to be issue Visa.

For Visa to be issue , be sincere with all your answer .

Best Wishes all.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mike1994reds: 10:15am On Apr 29, 2016
hello ABUJANIV;
i already scheduled an appontment with my passport only to find out that my passport will expire in less than six month. i'm already making plans to get a renewed passport. but how do go the d embassy with two passport will this not be a red flag for me? i already scheduled appointment with a passport that will expire in less than six month. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm scared!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:24pm On Apr 29, 2016
mike1994reds:
hello ABUJANIV;
i already scheduled an appontment with my passport only to find out that my passport will expire in less than six month. i'm already making plans to get a renewed passport. but how do go the d embassy with two passport will this not be a red flag for me? i already scheduled appointment with a passport that will expire in less than six month. HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i'm scared!

Hello mike1994reds,

When you come for your interview, you can bring both passports. Many people bring in their old passports to show their previous travel history.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ezigbozi: 8:44pm On Apr 29, 2016
abujaniv:

Dear Vo,
Thank you for your swift reply. I will do as advised,Kindly clarify if you mean that I apply for a medical Visa as my B1/B2 Visa is still valid. Thank you

Hello ezigbozi,

You should not send a letter to the Consulate as we are not able to add anything to your case in that manner. If you travel on your current visa, you may once again have problems at the POE, especially if you are visibly pregnant when you return as you mentioned you plan to have your next child there as well. You could pay for a new appointment and schedule a fresh interview with an officer to show your paid-in-full receipts and to officially state your purpose of travel and explain your previous visits, but that is also not guaranteed. Lying to consular officers or hiding a true purpose of travel will never end well, even if not on the first trip.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ikaboy: 9:05pm On Apr 29, 2016
abujaniv:

Hello ikaboy,

You can apply for Dropbox even if your valid visa has yet to expire. You should fill out the DS 160 to accurately reflect your current status and name and if you have changed your name and have a new PPT, you should include your old PPT with your new PPT when you submit your documents to DHL.

Regards,
Nigeria NIV Team

Thank you for response sir, my area of concern with the new status is that my passport is still bearing my old status as regards the names. Going by your that i complete the DS 160 reflecting my new status, wont that contradict the instruction which says complete the form with your name exactly as it appears on your passport??

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ezigbozi: 11:26pm On Apr 29, 2016
[quote author=ezigbozi post=45163466][/quote]

Dear Vo/Nairalanders

My recent passport has my New name and my last visa has my maiden name. Should I proceed with the old account for my visa application renewal with old passport number and update my info in other boxes of the form or Do I need to create a new profile for a fresh application with my new surname? I'm confused kindly advise.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by vicky71: 1:15pm On Apr 30, 2016
Dear VO,
I have a brother who has a dual citizenship through both parents coming from two different African Nations (Nigeria and Benin Republic) and he lives in Kuwait where he had legal residency.
He now wants to visit the US for Summer vacation and we are all confused about what he should do because:
1. He wants to come home to Nigeria before applying but he doesn't know if it's appropriate to apply in Nigeria.
2. He hold's Benin Republic Passport but doesn't know if he could come along with it to the interview with his Nigerian passport because it's on the Benin Republic passport his travel history is on.
3. Does his Kuwait Civil ID and work permit admissible as part of supporting documents if applying in Nigeria?

Thanking you in anticipation.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 9:13pm On May 01, 2016
Dear VO,
I had my baby in the US and paid all my bills to the last cent last year. However 2 weeks after he was born, he fell ill & the paediatrician we consulted referred us to a hospital. He was admitted for 3 days, had a surgery, MRI, & ended up with a bill of $20,000.
All this happened so quick & unexpectedly. However since I returned I have been having difficulties sending the cash to the hospital because of the new CBN policy on forex.
From the look of things, I can only pay the bill when I arrive America personally. I have explained to the hospital but I do not know what the current situation is regarding the health of my account.
My question is this, if I am not able to send the cash abroad before the expiration of my visa, will the debt prevent me from being given a visa?
Secondly, if I decide to travel before my visa expires, will I be prevented from entering the U.S because of the debt?
I need your honest opinion. I was even offered Medicaid at the hospital but I declined.
Thank you do much.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jordanese: 11:56pm On May 01, 2016
I'm a car dealer CEO and am registered with Insurance Auto Auction IAA in USA. I have bought cars from the above mention Auctions worth over $400,000 since 2012 till date. My Eldest daughter have 2 years USA visa when she applied with my parents. I'm very comfortable with buying cars from the auction through internet. I want to apply for holiday with my wife and my second daughter. What are my chances. Hope to hear from you soonest. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.