Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,464 members, 7,801,165 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 11:43 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (108) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (817279 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dickoflife(m): 6:38pm On May 15, 2016
dear abujaniv i am really sorry to bother you but after filling my ds 160 correctly i made the mistake of filling december as opposed to november on my appointment application. dates and the year is correct except that. i sent a feedback response already through the portal but i am scared u could be denied because of that singular mistake. should i take along my original birth certificate to correct the mistake when i am being interviewed or i can simply tell the officer if i were asked? kindly help out on this issue as i am coming to abuja on teusday for my interview.
best regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by MomSomyy: 9:18pm On May 15, 2016
Hello abujaniv.
I was just denied last week after applying for a b1/b2 visit visa (214b). now the thing is i was denied in 2013 when I applied to attend an event, and in 2014 I applied again for the same event because it's annually and was issued a b1 1month visa (annotation) 1 entry only. Getting to the POE I was stamped in for 6 months. Given that I was 6 months pregnant (never planned to have the baby there in the first place) and since I had a 6month stay stamp I changed my mind to have the baby and came back after that. I Made sure I paid all my bills in full and collected all my zero balance receipts. Fast forward to last week I was interviewed and the VO refused me even though I was truthfully answering all questions asked and even showed him my zero balance receipts. Now the thing is I want to reapply immediately because my son who I birthed there is really sick and I am also pregnant and would love to have my second baby there, please how do I go about it and hope my case of last week won't jeopardize my chance of getting the b2 visa (medical) considering that I didn't state medical in the one that was denied previous week ago. Please Urgent Reply. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by izudek: 9:39pm On May 15, 2016
Hi Vo,
I work in a company here in Nigeria and was announced the African winner in a recently concluded competition organized by the Parent company in the U.S.
I am expected to be in U S. For the award event/ceremony scheduled between August17-22nd this year.
My questions are:
1) Can I go ahead and fill the ds-160 and book appointment without the invitation letter from the parent company? Though I am expecting the invitation letter this week and have some information about the event

2) how long can one get interview appointment and visa from the day of filling the ds-160 and appointment form as the event is going to begin August.

3)wat are the documents needed for the interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Prince1980(m): 11:21pm On May 15, 2016
Hi VO, job well done, we truly appreciate your kind response. My enquiry, please I would love to know, I (the husband) was granted a visa to attend a wedding in the State, when I got to my Uncle in-law house, he was very worried and feel concern that why I didn't come with my wife and my two lovely kids, that he would love to see then, coz he has never visit Nigeria over five (5) years.
He later concluded to send an invitation for us, so, myself, my wife and the two kids can come to celebrate the Xmas and New Year celebration with with him and his family.
My concern, did I need to follow my family to embassy on the day of their appointment? Since I still have a valid visa.
Secondly, like what month is best for me to secure their appointment with the embassy? Can I get the visa like four (4) or five (5) months before the proposed date?

While thanking you for your usual cooperation.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:29am On May 16, 2016
normaljenny:
Thanks alot for all the advise you have been dishing out here.

Visiting usa has always been a childhood fantasy, I just got married last year and with a baby girl this year.
I applied for a b1/b2 last December to see what xmas and new year looks like in the usa. I have worked in an oil and gas company for like 5 years as a sales assistance and with the plans of floating my firm come january. Now my firm is up and running by me and my wife. With my experience I was able to gather lots of clients to my company and it is doing very well.

I was denied visa December 22, and I didn't know why, but after much thoughts I felt it was because my salary was small as I placed my exact salary which was N175,000 per month as they asked me of my salary and when they asked if I was married I answered yes. He further asked why i am not travelling with my wife and told him I didn't plan or bugdet on that now but plans on travelling with her next 2017 summer. Truth was that she was 6 months pregnant then and we were both planning on floating our own firm as we both work in same oil and gas firm. I felt that my salary and the job did not give me a strong tie to my country as I might get a better job over there and refuse coming back.

But now my LGA is doing a convention in newyork come july 2 and I was privileged to be one of the invitees.

Would my record still affect my chances of getting a visa.
Right now our finances have improved immensely as quadrupled.

Does this give me stronger link to my country than when i was working?

Please i needed to know if I can reject the invitation or not so as to avoid another rejection, as I am to travel before December to uk to create more business opportunities for my firm.

We don't give odds on likelihood of visa issuance. Approval is based on a number of factors, but the interview is the most important.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:30am On May 16, 2016
dotcomnamename:
Dear VO,

I and my friend intend to visit the US together. We're both legal residence of Ireland. My friend is currently in Nigeria for business trip. Since his country of residence is Ireland, can he apply for US visa in Nigeria? And as he does not have ties to Nigeria but Ireland, will they accept his ties to Ireland and not Nigerian documents?

Thanks

You can apply for a U.S. visa at any of our consulates/embassies around the world.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:30am On May 16, 2016
fkareem:
Dear VO,

My interview date for my B1-B2 is around the corner but I just observed that I erroneously chose Lagos as my passport place of issue instead of Abuja, would this affect me or is there anything I can do to correct this?

Best Rgds

You can give the call center a shout
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:31am On May 16, 2016
anonymousxxz:
Dear VO,
Thank you for your response. It shows that you are understanding and I can't express how appreciative I am of that. I was given a ticket and only asked to pay a fine. I was not arrested. So can I go through with the dropbox process? Please what is your best recommendation?
Best regards

If you try and apply via dropbox instead of interviewing it will look like you were trying to hide what happened. Come in for an interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:32am On May 16, 2016
janice321:
Hello VO, I need help on the the following:
I met my spouse online 15years ago but after sometimes we stopped dating due to distance n she adviced me to go and get married in nigeria to avoid wasting my time about 6 years ago but few years into the marriage I did not work out.
So I went to file for divorce in the law court here in Nigeria case yet to be dissolved.
However in one of my recent trip to US I met my former gf who advice me to get marry then, I narrated my ordeal to her and I discovered we are in love again. To formalize it ,can I get married to her without informing the embassy once the divorce paper is out from court because I will be going again next month to visit on my B1/B2 visa?
I have intention of coming back because my business is still here in Nigeria a I v been doing in the past four years.
Also she said if I married her I must be ready to relocate, which is the best type of visa to applied for ?

If you want to go to the U.S. to get married, you have to apply for a K-1 visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:33am On May 16, 2016
mosbiod:
Dear VO, @Abujaniv

My Church in the US invited me for her international conference next month, my branch church in Nigeria is my sponsor and has given me A letter of introduction and Sponsorship. Due to some issues the church would love to keep her financial account statement confidential and could not release this to me. Please what advise can you give as my interview is around the corner?

Thanks in anticipation

We do not require bank statements
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:34am On May 16, 2016
bigcil2:
Okay...... Hello V.O
Firstly I must commend everyone that has replied to a question and those that have asked. Thumbs up guys.
My epistle
I went to a lawyer that's a pro in travelling to countries like UK and US and told him my interest in going to us.
I was told I need to "dis-virgin" my PP. So he suggested Ghana. Also he stated I needed to have a good bank statement and ties to Nigeria. He also said possibility of me getting a visiting visa is slim if am not married, and I was offered some "solutions", which I don't want to follow.
I run a website that pulls traffic and keeps me alive
I am also into real estate
I have two properties in Nigeria. Land and and a House
I'm not married
I don't have kids.
I wanna visit the state cos I have been working working working and I have not had a me time out of this country. I don't want. to visit an African country. I really want somewhere different maybe visit the great canyon undecided grin. Also I intend to study The real estate market to see if maybe in the future , I may consider opening up my website to the states, also would love to visit my aunt that has a permanent residents in the US.
I have never travelled outside the country.
My revenue is Okay
I intend spending 2 weeks , have to come back here to continue making money as usual grin
With all I have stated, do I have a chance ? Cos from what I have read I dey fear ooo. Please respond. Thanks

Again, we aren't going to give you odds.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:35am On May 16, 2016
kaykay12345:

V.O
PLS WHAT ARE MY CHANCES IF I REAPPLY.. BCO I UNDERSTAND NOW THAT FAMILY TIES ARE ASSESSED IN MANY WAYS BY THE EMBASSY.. MAY BE MINE IS NOT ENOUGH.. GIVE ME AN HONEST ANSWER IF REAPPLYING IS A WASTE OF MY MONEY.

Why are you yelling?
We don't give odds, but if you've been recently refused we strongly discourage you from reapplying unless something has changed.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:35am On May 16, 2016
felixfelix:
V.O, Thanks and well done for the good job y'all have been doing here. Someone who was granted invitation was denied visa. The question is, can this person appeal her case, if yes what is the process to follow?

No, there is no appealing visa adjudications.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:36am On May 16, 2016
isi4luv:
Hello Vo.. I intend going for my visa interview soon. My sponsor gave me both his company bank statements (2 different banks) and his personal. So I have 3 bank statements from two banks.. Is it okay for me to go for my interview with 3 bank statements? Cos a friend told me I can only present a maximum of just two bank statements.

We do not require bank statements.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by bigcil2(m): 8:45am On May 16, 2016
abujaniv:

Again, we aren't going to give you odds.
Not odds I mean , are the docs and my stand enough to apply. That's all am asking
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kennycanny: 9:11am On May 16, 2016
Dear Abujaniv,

Thanks once more for taking timeout to assist with valuable informations here.

My visit visa and 2 other family members(all adults)
were approved on Friday @ the Lagos embassy. I couldn't even listen effectively to the instructions on how to collect our passports back.
I was only given a generic white paper. No personal
information of us was on it. I was thinking an additional
card with our details was supposed to be attached to d
white paper.

Is the single white paper enough to claim our passports?
I ll appreacaite any information as regards avoiding going
there more than once.

Also when is the visa granted on Friday likely to be ready for collections?

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by bigcil2(m): 12:48pm On May 16, 2016
Dear NIV
I want to apply to visit the states. Kindly state to me the requirements. Please
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:37pm On May 16, 2016
kennycanny:
Dear Abujaniv,

Thanks once more for taking timeout to assist with valuable informations here.

My visit visa and 2 other family members(all adults)
were approved on Friday @ the Lagos embassy. I couldn't even listen effectively to the instructions on how to collect our passports back.
I was only given a generic white paper. No personal
information of us was on it. I was thinking an additional
card with our details was supposed to be attached to d
white paper.

Is the single white paper enough to claim our passports?
I ll appreacaite any information as regards avoiding going
there more than once.

Also when is the visa granted on Friday likely to be ready for collections?

Thanks.

Take a moment and read that white piece of paper.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:38pm On May 16, 2016
bigcil2:
Dear NIV
I want to apply to visit the states. Kindly state to me the requirements. Please

Visit our website http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cbaldwin2013: 6:59pm On May 16, 2016
Hello vo,

Although this may not be the appropriate forum for my inquiry but I do believe it is somewhat related.

I currently have a b1/b2 visa which will expire in jan 2018 and which I have also used for the purpose it was granted and I am happy to be back in Nigeria.

I came across a study program which will last 8 months beginning in oct this year but the institution offering this program does not provide i20 for f1 visa application for that program.

I want to know the appropriate steps to take if I still intend to pursue this program so as not to misuse my current visa.

Hope to hear from you soon.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by chiMoni37(m): 11:55pm On May 16, 2016
abujaniv:

Visit our website http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/
dear NIV.. I wish to visit d States with my mom and my younger sister.. my mom is responsible for financial expenses.. what kind of visa should we apply for. ? and wish to stay 4 like 3months..?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by monsieur2016(m): 7:22pm On May 17, 2016
Hello,
I applied for a f1 visa and my interview date is next week. my sponsor currently resides in the US. Is it okay for her to send a scanned copy of her statement of account which I may need for the interview?
The original statement of account was lost in transit and I had already booked my interview date.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by terrywales: 9:42pm On May 17, 2016
@NIV.
I am currently studying in Cyprus I will be attending a conference in New york by September, Also my cousin in the US want me to use the opportunity to visit her, though she lives in Maryland with her husband. I will be visiting my family in Nigeria during the coming summer holiday and I intend to schedule my visa interview same period in August. Also, my cousin has indicate to pay for my flight, although I am capable of paying for myself as I have worked for 5years before I left Nigeria on study leave without pay. I also, have a business I run in Nigeria through my retired mum.
My questions are... What documents do I need to get from my school?
Do I need any document or letter from my cousin as I already have the invitation letter from the conference organizer?
Should I get my foreign account statement in Cyprus as I work part time in university pre school as graduate assistance?
Also I have been running my Nigeria account via online banking. I had a treasure bill, fixed deposit in Nigeria banks and a good balance of account.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Divyne1: 3:30pm On May 18, 2016
@NIV: i am filling my DS-160 form, i am having issues uploading picture. Is it compulsory i upload the picture?

(1) (2) (3) ... (105) (106) (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.