Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,009 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:21 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (110) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (817471 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by LadyGuinivere: 6:10am On May 27, 2016
chimafranks:
[color=#006600][/color]

Hello, pls am quite new here and I am pregnant and intend birthing in the US. I don't have a visa yet but am going to apply next week so am putting together documents dt would be required. Kindly let me know if u were given and all d documents you presented. Thank you
https://www.nairaland.com/3022823/give-birth-usa-cost-procedures/135
Go to this thread and search for documents people posted that they used
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Codedmd: 7:37am On May 27, 2016
Hello aous, snc d VO ain't answering my question yet, can any1 put me 2ru on wen n wot criteria I need 2 av b4 I cud apply 4 d visa B1/B2 as I av rejected twice dis year @ US embersy. I was rejected on 6th Jan and 13th May respectively. Wot d consular told me d 2 times was dat my application doesn't qualifies me 4 d visa. I stated in my application dat i've traveled 2 Ghana, Togo n Republic of Bennin. I need d aous 2 tell me wot 2 put in my application dat cud mk me qualify 4 d visa in ma nxt attempt and wen it will b gud 4 me 2 apply again.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Hebunn(m): 8:27am On May 28, 2016
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Bhadmorse: 2:19pm On May 28, 2016
Good day VO, pls what kind of visa do one need to attend a conference in U. S. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mojipepe: 3:02pm On May 28, 2016
Hello,
Please I want to know if I can apply for visiting visa after 7 months of been denied,Reason, unknown but last question was 'where I will be staying'. Although, in the refused visa,I intended to go for conference but now my old school friend is inviting me with my kids.
I had stated in the form that, I don't have anybody over there before meeting this friend on facebook. My question, can I state it now that I have somebody within this 7 months of denial without any problem for myself?.
Thank you, your answer will highly be appreciated.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mojibbz(m): 5:56am On May 30, 2016
Hello..
I might have the strangest situation but I hope I can find a solution to it.. I got admitted to study software engineering but the school doesn't sponsor visa and I have no idea what I should do. Please what can I do in this situation or what type of visa should I apply for?
Thanks

Also, I will love if you can guide me on what best to do so as not to be denied visa
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by chibebe74: 2:40pm On May 30, 2016
[quote author=abujaniv post=29157116]Hello Nairalanders,

VO here. We are continuing to see people appear at the Embassy and Consulate for an interview with DS-160 information that differs from their appointment confirmation. This is a friendly reminder that:

• The DS-160 non-immigrant visa application confirmation number used to schedule visa interviews must match the application confirmation page that is brought to the interview. Applicants who do not meet these criteria will not be interviewed and will have to purchase a new fee receipt to book another appointment. This includes families – make sure that the DS-160 information matches the appointment information for every family member, even young children.

• Full instructions on how to make an appointment for a non-immigrant visa interview are available on our website: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov.

• Applicants with existing appointments should contact the CGI Call Center at +234 0144 06218 to make any necessary changes.

We believe this change will make application processing faster and more efficient, and we thank you for your attention.

Compliments of the season,
U.S. Mission to Nigeria

Dear Sir,

I have an issue, I'm just realising that my appointment confirmation has my old passport number and the my DS-160 has my new passport number, how do I quickly rectify this as my interview date is scheduled for 2nd june
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by goldplatter: 10:17am On May 31, 2016
Dear VO,

Thanks for a job well done.

I had previously sent you a post to which you are yet to respond.

My family (Myself, wife & little daughter) got our B1/B2 visas by drop box renewal in 2014 for a family vacation. Unfortunately, we were unable to go as a family for the vacation that year due to exigencies of work that came up subsequently. However, I have used the visa twice. My wife has equally visited the US once on that visa. But my daughter did not use the visa at all. The visas are now expired. Will there be a negative consequence during visa renewal for my daughter not being able to use that visa. Your thoughts on this will be highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Goldplatter
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by willybe: 1:19pm On May 31, 2016
Hello VO, would like to ask if you have any thread for Immigrant Visa
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by LadyGuinivere: 2:24pm On May 31, 2016
Seems the Vo is on leave. Anyways sha for the recent posters especially, try and read back. Most of your questions have been treated before by the vo. Several times sef
Cc: Goldplatter
Chibebe
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by integrator(m): 2:36pm On May 31, 2016
Please i want to schedule an interview with the US embassy. unfortunately the scheduled time of travel has elapsed. Do I need to submit a fresh application or I can continue with the previous one? [I am trying to avoid multiple application]. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:40pm On May 31, 2016
daniftyone:
Hello

I made a mistake on my NIV form. My interview is in 7 days. I want to Know if I can fill another form or I should tell the Interviewer of mistake.

Hello daniftyone.
Point out the mistake in your visa interview at the embassy.
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by rinwalex: 8:38pm On May 31, 2016
VO, please what visa type is for medical treatment? Should the medical test and documents be sent to the embassy before the interview date? Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by yonghabi(m): 7:24am On Jun 01, 2016
Hi CO,

I was randomly selected for further processing in the DV 2014 lottery program, my interview was successful and my visa approved in Yaounde but when i went to pick up my visa on the date specified it was never issued. I was informed days later that KCC ran out of visa numbers ( my interview took place on the 16/09/2014 and my CN was AF67***) In December 2015 more than a year later, i wrote to the US government explaining the injustice with my visa application with copies of the letter sent to the White house chief of staff, Speaker of the House, Attorney General, DHS secretary, Secretary of state and the US ambassador to Yde. The US government replied promising to investigate the case, weeks later they replied stating the US law has no provision for the issuance of a visa on a government program that has expired.

I hold a permanent residence status in a European country with wide travelling experiences. I live and work in Cameroon since 2010 but with frequent visits to europe. I am applying for a tourist visa to the US in July to attend the baptism ceremony of my nephew in Seattle. I wish to findout if my application will be considered as an "immigrant intent" considering my previous experience and could the fact that I wrote to the US government be seen as a desperate attempt to immigrate to the US?

Also, filling the DS 160 i was asked if i have ever been refused a US visa before, what should i fill considering that my visa was approved but never issued and that was my first experience with the US embassy.

Thank You
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by bollarcash(m): 10:28am On Jun 01, 2016
I made payment for a us embassy Business/tourist visa interview at GTB last week where I was asked to provide a passport and I made the payment with my old passport that expires September 2016. 

The passport doesnt have upto six months validity so I have applied for a renewal. 

I want to ask if while filling my Ds 160 form, should I include the passport number of the new passport I collected? or I should include the passport number of the old passsport that I used to make the payment?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:56pm On Jun 01, 2016
felixfelix:

Thanks. If the person failed to obtain visa as a group invited her and perhaps another group on a different occasion invites the same person in the same month can she be granted visa this time given that she was denied in the former?

Hello felixfelix,
Such an applicant can reapply and will have fresh interview. Each application is weighed on its own merits.
Regards,
Abuja NIV team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:05pm On Jun 01, 2016
PastorMikel:
Hello USA visa official please tell me what are the documents needed for me to transit USA to BAHAMAS i was invited for a ministration in the BAHAMAS and want to transit through USA. please advice.[color=#770077][/color]

Hello PastorMikel,
Transit (C) visas are nonimmigrant visas for persons traveling in immediate and continuous transit through the United States enroute to another country, with few exceptions.
More information is here:
https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/other/transit.html
The cost and application for the C visa is essentially the same as the standard B1/B2 visa.
Regards,
The Abuja NIV team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:12pm On Jun 01, 2016
Prince1980:
Hi VO, job well done, we truly appreciate your kind response. My enquiry, please I would love to know, I (the husband) was granted a visa to attend a wedding in the State, when I got to my Uncle in-law house, he was very worried and feel concern that why I didn't come with my wife and my two lovely kids, that he would love to see then, coz he has never visit Nigeria over five (5) years.
He later concluded to send an invitation for us, so, myself, my wife and the two kids can come to celebrate the Xmas and New Year celebration with with him and his family.
My concern, did I need to follow my family to embassy on the day of their appointment? Since I still have a valid visa.
Secondly, like what month is best for me to secure their appointment with the embassy? Can I get the visa like four (4) or five (5) months before the proposed date?

While thanking you for your usual cooperation.

Hello Prince1980,
Invitations are not necessary to apply for a visa and will not be looked at during the interview. Minor applicants should be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian at the interview. It is definitely advisable to get visas well in advance planned travel.
Regards,
The Abuja NIV team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:15pm On Jun 01, 2016
supernatureral:
Hi VO, please how long will a F1 visa application fee last for? I mistakenly paid for US F1 visa last year instead of Canada student visa and now I have gotten admission in a US university.
Thanks in advance.

Hello supernatureral,
It sounds like you first need to figure out where you want to go to school. Information on F visa fees and eligibility can be found here:
https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/study-exchange/student.html#fees
Regards,
The Abuja NIV team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:19pm On Jun 01, 2016
cap4soul:
Dear VO,
Please I need your advice...I am planning on applying for a visiting visa to the USA. I presently work and my sister is having her birthday coming up July and she already sent me an invitation letter together with her passport page. Please VO, what other things does she need to send to me? And also what do I need to prove to the consular at the interview point so that I can be given the visa. My sister states in the invitation letter that she will be responsible for my stay in the state and I Don't know which other documents I need to put together to be able to convince the consular. I work in a financial institution.

I am also planning to use Abuja not Lagos for the interview date. Please kindly guide me. I am presently not married which many people have been denied on this and because of my age although am getting married this year. So am thinking of I should put MARRIED in the form and also include my wife name.

Thanks as I await your response

Hello cap4soul,
You do not need to present an invitation letter or any other documents at a B1/B2 visa interview. Be honest in your application and at the interview--damaging your credibility with falsehoods in either can have long-lasting ramifications on your eligibility.
Regards,
The Abuja NIV team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:28pm On Jun 01, 2016
eziafakise:
Good morning V.O,
please kindly advise...
I applied for a B1/B2 visa last year November 2015 to go shop for my wedding, unfortunately for me i was refused a visa, and months later the supposed wedding was called off ,now i intend applying again but this time want to go with my friends this summer who already have valid USA visas. please my question is this is it too early to reapply and my reason for visit has been changed and i don't intend to lie to the interviewer for any reason. thanks await your response. Also i stutter , should i also indicate or tell the interviewer that i stutter a little ? please advise

Hello eziafakise,
You can reapply and be sure to explain your current purpose of travel and be prepared to explain if asked about the wedding. Don't worry about the stutter.
Regards,
Abuja NIV team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ekpotek: 4:14pm On Jun 01, 2016
Good afternoon VO,

The GTBank cashier that handled the payment for my BI/B2 renewal visa fee made a terrible mistake in entering my passport number. Instead of A5[b]0000[/b]Bleep, he entered as A5[b]00000[/b]Bleep! The transaction reference is 56882219. I pointed the mistake out to him, and he assured me that he will contact the embassy to notified them of the error. Today he told me that he has contacted the embassy and they are aware of this error. I am about to submit my DS-160 form and book an appointment for Dropbox in Lagos. I am writing to find out if I can go ahead to submit my DS-160 and booked the appointment for Dropbox. I do not want the embassy to turn down or delay the processing of my application due to this mistake by GTBank staff. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:37pm On Jun 01, 2016
sofunmikamgbo:
Hi V.O
I applied for a B1/B2 visa early last year but was refused because the officer said i had only traveled to UK though my travel history shows i have been to UK twice but she said that wasn't sufficient. Now i want to travel with my sister who has a valid US visa and i do not want them to refuse me again. Must i travel to lots of countries before i am given a visa? I really need to know as i intend to apply again this June.

Secondly, i got married this year but haven't change my name on my passport. Do i fill the single status as my passport does not reflect my husband's name?

Hello sofunmikamgbo,
There is no standard for international travel to qualify for a U.S. visa. Meaningless travel to fill your passport with stamps is a bad idea. If you are married, list yourself as married. Consular officers are used to seeing couples with different names.
Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:48pm On Jun 01, 2016
kayzoner70:
Hello house, i was given a 2year F1 visa for a masters program that will run for 29months(approximately 3years). Will like to know if it was a mistake, or it is expected by non-immigration F1 rule to come back home to renew it.Thanks.
Hello kayzoner70,
We can't comment on individual cases. Student visas can be renewed provided that the applicant is still a student in good standing and has not left the U.S. and stopped taking classes for more than 5 months. For more information, please see:
https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/study-exchange/student.html
Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:52pm On Jun 01, 2016
Codedmd:
Hello VO,
I have applied for a non-immigrant visa twice which I was rejected d 2 times, Jan 2016 and May 2016 respectively. Pls sir/ma I want you to put me through on when should I apply again and what criteria must I have before applying again because d consular told me d two times that my application doesn't qualifies me for d visa.

Thanks for your anticipation.

I will be glad to hear from you soonest

Hello Codedmd,
You may reapply when you like, but you have to ask yourself if there has been any material change in your life and circumstances since your last interview that might make you a stronger applicant.
Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:56pm On Jun 01, 2016
terrywales:
Good morning Sir,
I am in the process of filling my ds-160, I am a little bit confused where i need to input my primary occupation or school name. Presently, I am a graduate student/researcher in one of the University in Cyprus. I owned my business in Nigeria and work in the prep school here in exchange for 50% scholarship on my tuition and free accommodation. my problem is what to fill as my primary occupation. should i fill my study as my primary occupation or should i filling my work in Nigeria? if i fill my school/ studies, can still input monthly income in Nigeria or should I tick not applicable?
note i am going for a conference base on my research topic( thesis ).
your contributions will be highly appreciated

Hello terrywales,
The critical word here is "primary". What takes up the most of your time and/or provides the bulk of your earnings? At the interview, you can explain whatever secondary activities you do.
Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

(1) (2) (3) ... (107) (108) (109) (110) (111) (112) (113) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.