Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,376 members, 7,808,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 10:16 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818059 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by nkkystel(f): 10:12pm On Sep 30, 2014
1. Good day V.O, I would like to know if a G.C holder can send an invite to his/her mother who is almost 70 years of age.
2. If yes, what is the probablity of getting a B2 visa.
3. What documents are need for the invitation?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
azeezbaba: @Abujaniv,

can i attend my F-1 visa interview with my spouse and child. If yes, won't that jeopardize my home ties? Won't the VO think I wont come back after my studies?

Thank you

Only those interviewing attend the interviews. Your spouse and child can wait for you outside. Good luck!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:22pm On Oct 01, 2014
Ctemi: @Abujaniv, my international passport will expire next year September,can I till use it to apply for F1 come this Oct/Nov ds year?

Yes, you can.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:25pm On Oct 01, 2014
mccas: Hi VO,
I was trying to print my appointment confirmation and the message below was displayed;
''PLEASE NOTE THAT ONE OR MORE OF THE DS-160 NUMBERS USED TO SCHEDULE THIS APPOINTMENT CAN NOT BE VALIDATED.
INCORRECT DS-160 NUMBERS MAY LEAD TO A DELAY IN BEING PROCESSED''
Please what does this mean? Hope it wont affect my application.

You should call our call center to inquire -- 01 440 6218.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:27pm On Oct 01, 2014
nkkystel: 1. Good day V.O, I would like to know if a G.C holder can send an invite to his/her mother who is almost 70 years of age.
2. If yes, what is the probablity of getting a B2 visa.
3. What documents are need for the invitation?

Good day. Invitations are not required for non-immigrant tourist visas. You simply need to fill out the application for her, pay the fee, get the photos, and give her any documents you think might be helpful. The interviewer may or may not ask to see those documents.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by nkkystel(f): 9:33am On Oct 02, 2014
abujaniv:

Good day. Invitations are not required for non-immigrant tourist visas. You simply need to fill out the application for her, pay the fee, get the photos, and give her any documents you think might be helpful. The interviewer may or may not ask to see those documents.
Thank you V.O, am grateful.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ctemi(f): 6:09pm On Oct 02, 2014
abujaniv:

Yes, you can.
Thank you sir
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by superfavour(m): 6:40pm On Oct 02, 2014
Is it advice able for a student F-1 or M-1 visa applicants to re-apply after 90 days or more, does it also apply to that category?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kunlebal(m): 7:57pm On Oct 02, 2014
@Abujaniv
I'm an F1 student in United State of America, and i will like to know if it is possible to renew my visa 6 months before the expiration date or i have to wait till the visa expired.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by azeezbaba(m): 10:26pm On Oct 02, 2014
abujaniv:

Only those interviewing attend the interviews. Your spouse and child can wait for you outside. Good luck!

Am sorry you misunderstood my question. My Spouse and son are listed on my I-20 as dependants and I wish they attend the F1 interview with me as dependants seeking F2 Visa. So my question again, if I apply for F1 and F2 for them, won't it jeopardize my home ties as we will all be traveling together?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by AbusM(m): 8:20am On Oct 03, 2014
Good morning Visa officer, I just want to ask about the earliest time I could apply for a visa. I was refused a b2 visa and was handed the blue paper yesterday.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:02am On Oct 03, 2014
azeezbaba:

Am sorry you misunderstood my question. My Spouse and son are listed on my I-20 as dependants and I wish they attend the F1 interview with me as dependants seeking F2 Visa. So my question again, if I apply for F1 and F2 for them, won't it jeopardize my home ties as we will all be traveling together?

Thank you
It is allowable for them to apply for F2s as your dependents, and it will be up to you to explain your circumstances to the interviewer. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:05am On Oct 03, 2014
AbusM: Good morning Visa officer, I just want to ask about the earliest time I could apply for a visa. I was refused a b2 visa and was handed the blue paper yesterday.
We state on our web site that applicants should wait at least 90 days before applying again if they have been refused a visa, as it is unusual for circumstances and ties to change significantly in less than three months.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by AbusM(m): 11:31am On Oct 03, 2014
It's alright then. .
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:32pm On Oct 03, 2014
Helloe Vo @Abujaniv. Is it possible to get granted a tourist visa without travel history? There are home ties and the person just needs to tour. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Pricelessamzy: 2:46pm On Oct 03, 2014
Dear AbujaNIV,
Please i sent you a message earlier this week but didnt get any response. Can you please attend to my question because i need to know what to do.

Thanks and Regards.

Good day Visa Officer,
What would you advise me to do, i discovered i was pregnant a month after i was given a US Visa. During the interview i was asked if i was pregnant and i honestly answered "NO" because as that time i had medical issues relating to fertility which says i couldn't get pregnant naturally so my answer was very honest. Initially i intended traveling with my husband on vacation but my leave was cancelled due to work related issues. Now, i have decided to have my babies in the US because the Pregnancy came as a miracle and would like proper medical attention since we can afford it. Do you think i should send a mail to the US Embassy informing them of my intention.

I really don't have an idea of what to do but would appreciate your opinion.

Thanks for all your help on this forum. God bless
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kioh: 11:42am On Oct 04, 2014
Hi VO
My mum and 2 younger sisters won the DV lottery and left for US in April, they have also gotten their greencards and are all currently working. My elder sister also left in August for her master am left in Nigeria because of my job. Now I have missed them so much and would love to visit them this December. My mom just got a place of her own. The question is
1. Is it too early for my mom to invite me?
2. If not, how do I go about it? And what are the required documents that I need?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kioh: 5:17pm On Oct 05, 2014
Hi VO
My mum and 2 younger sisters won the DV lottery and left for US in April, they have also gotten their greencards and are all currently working. My elder sister also left in August for her masters, am left in Nigeria because of my job. Now I have missed them so much and would love to visit them this December. My mom just got a place of her own.

Please I would love to know the required documents that my mom has to provide in order for her to invite me
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by NuNu08(f): 5:39pm On Oct 05, 2014
NuNu08: Gdday Vo...My sister wnt for an interview on d 12th of June buh was refused. Though she was pregnant then, had 3 Uk refusal on her passport. but she had an invitation letter from Her Uncle to foot all d bills while on Holiday in the Us and pay for all round trip,feeding,Accomodation and all,buh her fiance also included hs statement n letter all hs bills. but the problem is the VO didnt check her Document @all she just tokd her Not @ this time and her doc returnd back to her....My question is now that she hs deliverd can she Apply back with her child and what her chances of getting her Visa with her baby..Her fiance already has a Visa,then couldnt apply together cus they are not married yet but they have all their Engagement pics n naming and other pics together
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Juliansamuel: 7:01pm On Oct 05, 2014
Good evening all and happy sallah...pls visa officer I applied for a non immigrant visa with my 4yr old daughter but was denied and I think it's because I just collected her birth certificate frm the hospital this year and it dated 2014 cos d vo asked aw come I just collected it this year and I told dt it wasn't given to me when I had her and since then I didn't go to collect it until I needed it this year...I want to reapply and I Dnt knw aw to convince them that she's my daughter and dt the birth certificate is genuine...i need help.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shithapuns: 1:33pm On Oct 06, 2014
HELLO HOUSE, NEED SOME ADVICE... i work in a major energy firm and my company is sending me on a 10 day course, of which they would assist me with official docs/backing to get a us visa, i intend to travel with my wife for the course, and i intend to get a letter from the company stating that she is my wife etc..in addition to her going to the visa interview with our marriage cert/my acct statement/copy of my company id/copy of letter inviting me for the course etc, have booked an interview for her in the coming days, and am wondering what else i need to do?

note: my visa is not ready yet, though i hope it will be granted and ready before her interview date, thus she could go with a copy of my passport/visa page.........[is this really necessary?].

she has only been to uae and some african countires, and her passport bears her maiden name [she will go with our marriage cert, and newspaper change of name cutout]. she used the place i would be staying for the course as her place of stay in usa, and also my name as sponsor. she is into biz, and just registered her company [ltd], though zero cash flow in her company acct as the biz is new
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by puneethforu: 3:42pm On Oct 06, 2014
Hi Officer,

I found this forum online and saw that responses are quick I am not sure if it is particular to a country , but I have a question from a friend of mine. She is an Indian National on F1 visa right now. Her husband is travelling on B1. so she wants to get her son (4 years old) on F2. Now the question is since both the parents are not in the hom country. How to obtain visa for the kid. The grandparents are taking care of the kid right now.

Please provide your expert advise on this as she doesnt want to take chances on her kid

Puneeth
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:23am On Oct 09, 2014
kunlebal:
@Abujaniv
I'm an F1 student in United State of America, and i will like to know if it is possible to renew my visa 6 months before the expiration date or i have to wait till the visa expired.
You can renew your visa any time that's most convenient for you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:24am On Oct 09, 2014
ENIMONEY:
Helloe Vo @Abujaniv. Is it possible to get granted a tourist visa without travel history? There are home ties and the person just needs to tour. Thanks
There are no hard and fast rules. In order to be approved for a visa, applicants must satisfy the interviewing officer that they are entitled to the type of visa for which they are applying and that they will depart the United States at the end of their authorized temporary stay. This means that before a visa can be issued, applicants must demonstrate strong social, economic and/or familial ties outside the United States.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:26am On Oct 09, 2014
kioh:
Hi VO
My mum and 2 younger sisters won the DV lottery and left for US in April, they have also gotten their greencards and are all currently working. My elder sister also left in August for her master am left in Nigeria because of my job. Now I have missed them so much and would love to visit them this December. My mom just got a place of her own. The question is
1. Is it too early for my mom to invite me?
2. If not, how do I go about it? And what are the required documents that I need?
Invitations are not required for non-immigrant visas. In order to be approved for a visa, applicants must satisfy the interviewing officer that they are entitled to the type of visa for which they are applying and that they will depart the United States at the end of their authorized temporary stay. This means that before a visa can be issued, applicants must demonstrate strong social, economic and/or familial ties outside the United States. Just keep that in mind.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:30am On Oct 09, 2014
Pricelessamzy:
Dear AbujaNIV,
Please i sent you a message earlier this week but didnt get any response. Can you please attend to my question because i need to know what to do.

Thanks and Regards.

Good day Visa Officer,
What would you advise me to do, i discovered i was pregnant a month after i was given a US Visa. During the interview i was asked if i was pregnant and i honestly answered "NO" because as that time i had medical issues relating to fertility which says i couldn't get pregnant naturally so my answer was very honest. Initially i intended traveling with my husband on vacation but my leave was cancelled due to work related issues. Now, i have decided to have my babies in the US because the Pregnancy came as a miracle and would like proper medical attention since we can afford it. Do you think i should send a mail to the US Embassy informing them of my intention.

I really don't have an idea of what to do but would appreciate your opinion.

Thanks for all your help on this forum. God bless
You should contact the Embassy to advise them of the situation. You should also make sure to travel with all of the information listed on our web site at http://photos.state.gov/libraries/nigeria/487468/pdfs/MedicalVisaInformation.pdf. Keep in mind that the decision on whether to admit you to the U.S. is always up to the officer at the border.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:32am On Oct 09, 2014
NuNu08:
NuNu08: Gdday Vo...My sister wnt for an interview on d 12th of June buh was refused. Though she was pregnant then, had 3 Uk refusal on her passport. but she had an invitation letter from Her Uncle to foot all d bills while on Holiday in the Us and pay for all round trip,feeding,Accomodation and all,buh her fiance also included hs statement n letter all hs bills. but the problem is the VO didnt check her Document @all she just tokd her Not @ this time and her doc returnd back to her....My question is now that she hs deliverd can she Apply back with her child and what her chances of getting her Visa with her baby..Her fiance already has a Visa,then couldnt apply together cus they are not married yet but they have all their Engagement pics n naming and other pics together
Invitation letters are not required for non-immigrant visas, and VOs very often rely solely on the interview. In order to be approved for a visa, applicants must satisfy the interviewing officer that they are entitled to the type of visa for which they are applying and that they will depart the United States at the end of their authorized temporary stay. This means that before a visa can be issued, applicants must demonstrate strong social, economic and/or familial ties outside the United States.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:35am On Oct 09, 2014
puneethforu:
Hi Officer,

I found this forum online and saw that responses are quick I am not sure if it is particular to a country , but I have a question from a friend of mine. She is an Indian National on F1 visa right now. Her husband is travelling on B1. so she wants to get her son (4 years old) on F2. Now the question is since both the parents are not in the hom country. How to obtain visa for the kid. The grandparents are taking care of the kid right now.

Please provide your expert advise on this as she doesnt want to take chances on her kid

Puneeth
We don't provide advice on individual cases. All information on applying for visas can be found on travel.state.gov.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:36am On Oct 09, 2014
shithapuns:
HELLO HOUSE, NEED SOME ADVICE... i work in a major energy firm and my company is sending me on a 10 day course, of which they would assist me with official docs/backing to get a us visa, i intend to travel with my wife for the course, and i intend to get a letter from the company stating that she is my wife etc..in addition to her going to the visa interview with our marriage cert/my acct statement/copy of my company id/copy of letter inviting me for the course etc, have booked an interview for her in the coming days, and am wondering what else i need to do?

note: my visa is not ready yet, though i hope it will be granted and ready before her interview date, thus she could go with a copy of my passport/visa page.........[is this really necessary?].

she has only been to uae and some african countires, and her passport bears her maiden name [she will go with our marriage cert, and newspaper change of name cutout]. she used the place i would be staying for the course as her place of stay in usa, and also my name as sponsor. she is into biz, and just registered her company [ltd], though zero cash flow in her company acct as the biz is new

We don't give out advice on individual cases. In order to be approved for a visa, applicants must satisfy the interviewing officer that they are entitled to the type of visa for which they are applying and that they will depart the United States at the end of their authorized temporary stay. This means that before a visa can be issued, applicants must demonstrate strong social, economic and/or familial ties outside the United States. Good luck.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:37am On Oct 09, 2014
Juliansamuel:

Good evening all and happy sallah...pls visa officer I applied for a non immigrant visa with my 4yr old daughter but was denied and I think it's because I just collected her birth certificate frm the hospital this year and it dated 2014 cos d vo asked aw come I just collected it this year and I told dt it wasn't given to me when I had her and since then I didn't go to collect it until I needed it this year...I want to reapply and I Dnt knw aw to convince them that she's my daughter and dt the birth certificate is genuine...i need help.
As stated in many other posts, we do not give out advice on specific cases. All we can say is that in order to be approved for a visa, applicants must satisfy the interviewing officer that they are entitled to the type of visa for which they are applying and that they will depart the United States at the end of their authorized temporary stay.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kaykad: 5:59pm On Oct 09, 2014
Dear Ops,

how long does it take for a visa to be ready please. eg if you submit on the Tuesday 21, will it be out on 24th. cos i hear its 3 working days
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by superfavour(m): 6:04am On Oct 10, 2014
superfavour:
Is it advice able for a student F-1 or M-1 visa applicants to re-apply after 90 days or more, does it also apply to that category?

@Abujaniv
Attend to this question.

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.