Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,361 members, 7,808,259 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (126) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818051 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by MrRoYCe(m): 4:49am On Aug 12, 2016
Hello VO,

I am presently in the US, an international student at the University of Texas at Arlington. I'm planning on taking spring 2017 semester abroad (Study Aboard). However, my visa expires December 2015. I will like to know if there is any way I could renew it while in the States or do i have to go back to Nigeria to renew it.

Thank You.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:10am On Aug 12, 2016
Hello Sleek5,

Please email us directly with your mother's information: ConsularAbuja@state.gov

We will be better able to advise in a private setting.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Sleek5:
Hello VO,

My mom who is not on nairaland went for her b1/b2 interview on August 9ty at the abuja embassy and she was granted a visa and asked to pick up at the collection centre on Thursday August 11th. She went there and was told her passport is still with the embassy, same thing it says when she tracked it online thereafter. Is there a reason for this? Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:12am On Aug 12, 2016
Hello excelyem,

Please call +23414406218 or email support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Regards,

Abuja NIV

excelyem:
Pls house I miss my appointment for b1b2 application do I need to buy another visa fee..... I don't knw how to go about this

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:17am On Aug 12, 2016
Hello Straightmanner,

Here is our embassy's nonimmigrant visa page. http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html I'm sure that it will answer your questions.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

StraightManner:
Hello VO,

Pls which category of Visa can I apply for as I'm intend to go for a short license course in Ohio in the State.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:19am On Aug 12, 2016
Hello Kingaerovida,

When your case is under further administrative processing, there is no timeline that we can give you. It will be completed as soon as possible.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Kingaerovida:
]Hi VO,

I have a burden in my heart ,I have been to state twice and the highest i ever stay was for 1 month. On the 4th of August 2016 i was at the Lagos Embassy for interview, by the end of the interview she gave me white slip requesting me to submit 3 extra documents of bill of lading ORIGINAL which i did Thru DHL address location on white slip over a week ago. I just want to know how long is going to take for Embassy to get back to me and does that mean i might be Renewed?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:21am On Aug 12, 2016
Hello Mrroyce,

It is not possible to renew your visa while you are in the U.S. You DO NOT need to come all the way back to Nigeria to renew your visa, however, you must be out of the country. Many people travel to Canada or Mexico to renew their visas.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

MrRoYCe:
Hello VO,

I am presently in the US, an international student at the University of Texas at Arlington. I'm planning on taking spring 2017 semester abroad (Study Aboard). However, my visa expires December 2015. I will like to know if there is any way I could renew it while in the States or do i have to go back to Nigeria to renew it.

Thank You.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:46am On Aug 13, 2016
Hello VO,
I applied to attend a legislative conference taking place this August in the US but was denied. The lady that interviewed me asked questions about what the conference is about, who am traveling with, how much I earn, if I've traveled in the last 5 years, if I'm married and with how many children. But I think I made an error of judgment due to apprehension. When she asked about my travel history, I said No, because I though she asked if I had traveled in the last five years because the question was stated in one of the forms. It was when I was denied that I remembered that I goofed, I think she asked if I've traveled before, and I've been to UK twice. Is there any way to know why exactly I was refused and is it redeemable and how soon can I apply again. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ayanfejesu: 9:24pm On Aug 13, 2016
Good evening, V.O.

I asked you a question a few months ago about using the dropbox service.

More specifically, I was issued a B1/B2 visa in 2012 but I applied for an F1 in 2014 and got denied (my B1/B2 visa was still valid at the time).

Now, I intend to renew my B1/B2 and wondered if I was qualified to use the dropbox service.

You answered in the affirmative.

Now, I have filled the DS-160 and in the process of filling out the CGI visa dropbox service questionnaire, I was asked if was denied a U.S visa during my last interview.

I was denied an F1 visa but not the B1/B2 that I am trying to renew.

Do I answer YES or NO, because I am confused about this.

My B1/B2 visa expired less than forty eight months ago.

I am just trying to be sure.

Of course, I have disclosed in my DS-160 that I was denied an F1 visa in 2014.

Please enlighten me sir/m'aam so I know what to do about this.

I don't want to make a mistake.

Thanks so much and I appreciate your help, as always.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jordanese: 10:34am On Aug 14, 2016
Sir, I got this email from the US Consulate after my 5 day after my interview with my family. My first Daughter have a valid 2 yrs visa this applying with my wife and second daughter.

After the interview and a thorough review of the application, you were unable to present credible evidence of sufficient socioeconomic ties to Nigeria that would compel you to return to Nigeria after a short stay in the United States. The interviewing officer determined that you did not overcome the statutory presumption of intending immigration and was therefore refused under section 214(b) of the Immigration and Nationality act.

Please note that applicants for US non-immigrant visas are required to overcome the assumption that they are intending immigrants. In order to do so, they must prove sufficiently strong ties to their home country.

Individual refusals under Section 214(b) cannot be appealed or overturned, but they are not permanent. You are welcome to reapply through our website at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng if you believe that your circumstances have changed or you are able to present additional, compelling evidence of their socioeconomic ties to Nigeria or their reason for travel to the United States. Please note that Consular Officers are not required to review all documentation you present, and that as the applicant, you alone have the responsibility to establish your eligibility for the visa.

We hope this information is useful to you.

Sincerely,

cid:image001.gif@01CF57EF.0B4BC8F0
Visa Unit
US CONSULATE GENERAL
LAGOS, NIGERIA

Do i reapply alone or with my family. I am a auto dealer and i have bought cars worth more than $300k since 2012 from the auction my company is registered with. I got this email after Administrative processing. The VO didn't ask me for my properties and other documents
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by LadyGuinivere: 12:04pm On Aug 14, 2016
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jordanese: 3:28pm On Aug 14, 2016
LadyGuinivere:
Oga Jodanese comot ya real name from the post na! Shuo!

Thx.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by arrestdarrester: 11:02pm On Aug 14, 2016
I have reached out to ConsularAbuja@state.gov like you advised.

I cannot seem to connect the response i got with the questions I asked and the request i received earlier to bring in my passport.

I guess the response is automated because it did not answer my question.

I came here for valid advice; what do you advise that i do now please?

I am a busy person and this visa thing is stressing me up.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 11:19pm On Aug 14, 2016
Hello Team.
I have recently applied/paid for a drop-box application, I recently heard that Drop-box applications now take anywhere between 2-3 weeks due to some backlog or new rule. is this true. I need to use my passport for another trip already booked and paid for on the 24th of August. is it too risky to send in the application tomorrow or wait until after my trip in August
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by rapins: 5:05am On Aug 15, 2016
Hello. Can someone with B1/B2 visa do any kind of work/sale/internship in the US?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shineh: 6:50am On Aug 15, 2016
Hello Officer,

Hope you are doing well. I have few questions that only you can answer!

1. I am currently a student in the US. I am planning to go home after 2 years but I need to apply for F1 visa again because my current visa is single entry. My first questions is, if I apply for FBI background check before I leave the States and show the report to the visa officer during my visa interview, would it speedup the administrative processing of my application?

2. I am just curious to know the answer of this question. There is an annotation on my visa label saying what date my clearance was received. Is this the date that Washington reported back to the embassy that I am cleared? Or it is the date that visa officer saw the clearance report and decided to further process the application?

3. Do you have to regularly enter the name of each applicant in the consular system to check whether their administrative processing is finished, or you will automatically receive a notification from the system once it is done? I just want to know how the system works because people have reported on the Internet that sometimes the visa officer does not notice that an individual is cleared until they email the embassy and request for an update.

I really appreciate your help and look forward to hearing from you.

Best,
AA
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Sleek5(f): 11:22am On Aug 15, 2016
Hello VO,

My mom was told to come in for a Tuesday 221g appointment interview after she initially attended an interview and was told it was approved and to pick it up 2days later. She wasn't asked to come with any docs specifically, just a requested interview. Seems strange, do u know what this implies?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Vuitton007: 11:36am On Aug 15, 2016
Goodmorning NL,

I humbly request for a step by step breakdown of US B1/B2 visa renewal for a resident in Lagos.
tnx
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kcheerful(f): 12:22pm On Aug 15, 2016
Hello all.
I own a primary school here in Nigeria.
I tried to organize a summer disney trip for my pupils this summer but unfortunately the children were refused visa.
The consular was a male just asked me two questions and typed like what seemed like forever then returned all their passports to me with the blue form
it was really devastating ad the children and the whole school were so excited about the trip
the irony of the matter was that the teacher who was to accompany them was issued a visa on same day but as attended to by another consular.
However here is my fear.
I have a valid US visa. In fact i just renewed in April and I have been to US severally both alone, with my siblings and my own biological kids.
I am going on a summer vacation with my biological kids this month but on the day my pupils were refused the man asked for my passport which i gave him. he checked for my details and input some things on the system from my passport then typed for a while before giving my passport back to me.
I am hoping this won't have any effect on me at the port of entry when i go this summer. Don't know if the refusal of the pupils could have any effect in my visa or whatever he was he was typing with the use of my passport info.
Been so scared of this trip though I have never had any port of entry issue before. Was still in US this June, was just asked what i came to do, how long and was stamped in.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:15pm On Aug 15, 2016
Hello trukoments,

You should have been given a sheet of paper that specified the reason you were refused under U.S. immigration law. The most common refusal is under 214(b). You can always reapply after a 214(b) refusal but it may help you to wait until you can demonstrate a significant change in your overall circumstances.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

trukoments:
Hello VO,
I applied to attend a legislative conference taking place this August in the US but was denied. The lady that interviewed me asked questions about what the conference is about, who am traveling with, how much I earn, if I've traveled in the last 5 years, if I'm married and with how many children. But I think I made an error of judgment due to apprehension. When she asked about my travel history, I said No, because I though she asked if I had traveled in the last five years because the question was stated in one of the forms. It was when I was denied that I remembered that I goofed, I think she asked if I've traveled before, and I've been to UK twice. Is there any way to know why exactly I was refused and is it redeemable and how soon can I apply again. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:21pm On Aug 15, 2016
Hello Ayanfejesu,

Thank you for following up. In fact, you are not eligible for dropbox and will need to schedule an interview. If you were refused a visa of any category in your last application then you will have to be interviewed again.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Ayanfejesu:
Good evening, V.O.

I asked you a question a few months ago about using the dropbox service.

More specifically, I was issued a B1/B2 visa in 2012 but I applied for an F1 in 2014 and got denied (my B1/B2 visa was still valid at the time).

Now, I intend to renew my B1/B2 and wondered if I was qualified to use the dropbox service.

You answered in the affirmative.

Now, I have filled the DS-160 and in the process of filling out the CGI visa dropbox service questionnaire, I was asked if was denied a U.S visa during my last interview.

I was denied an F1 visa but not the B1/B2 that I am trying to renew.

Do I answer YES or NO, because I am confused about this.

My B1/B2 visa expired less than forty eight months ago.

I am just trying to be sure.

Of course, I have disclosed in my DS-160 that I was denied an F1 visa in 2014.

Please enlighten me sir/m'aam so I know what to do about this.

I don't want to make a mistake.

Thanks so much and I appreciate your help, as always.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:25pm On Aug 15, 2016
Hello jordanese,

You can always reapply after a 214(b) refusal, with or without your family, but it may help you to wait until you can demonstrate a significant change in your overall circumstances.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

jordanese:
Sir, I got this email from the US Consulate after my 5 day after my interview with my family. My first Daughter have a valid 2 yrs visa this applying with my wife and second daughter.

After the interview and a thorough review of the application, you were unable to present credible evidence of sufficient socioeconomic ties to Nigeria that would compel you to return to Nigeria after a short stay in the United States. The interviewing officer determined that you did not overcome the statutory presumption of intending immigration and was therefore refused under section 214(b) of the Immigration and Nationality act.

Please note that applicants for US non-immigrant visas are required to overcome the assumption that they are intending immigrants. In order to do so, they must prove sufficiently strong ties to their home country.

Individual refusals under Section 214(b) cannot be appealed or overturned, but they are not permanent. You are welcome to reapply through our website at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng if you believe that your circumstances have changed or you are able to present additional, compelling evidence of their socioeconomic ties to Nigeria or their reason for travel to the United States. Please note that Consular Officers are not required to review all documentation you present, and that as the applicant, you alone have the responsibility to establish your eligibility for the visa.

We hope this information is useful to you.

Sincerely,

cid:image001.gif@01CF57EF.0B4BC8F0
Visa Unit
US CONSULATE GENERAL
LAGOS, NIGERIA

Do i reapply alone or with my family. I am a auto dealer and i have bought cars worth more than $300k since 2012 from the auction my company is registered with. I got this email after Administrative processing. The VO didn't ask me for my properties and other documents
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:27pm On Aug 15, 2016
Hello arrestdarrester,

What exactly is your question?

Regards,

Abuja NIV

arrestdarrester:
I have reached out to ConsularAbuja@state.gov like you advised.

I cannot seem to connect the response i got with the questions I asked and the request i received earlier to bring in my passport.

I guess the response is automated because it did not answer my question.

I came here for valid advice; what do you advise that i do now please?

I am a busy person and this visa thing is stressing me up.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:31pm On Aug 15, 2016
Hello everdayperson,

The wait time fluctuates for dropbox applications due to a variety of factors. If your trip is essential and you have sufficient validity on your current visa, it may be better to wait to submit your visa for renewal after your trip.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

everydayperson:
Hello Team.
I have recently applied/paid for a drop-box application, I recently heard that Drop-box applications now take anywhere between 2-3 weeks due to some backlog or new rule. is this true. I need to use my passport for another trip already booked and paid for on the 24th of August. is it too risky to send in the application tomorrow or wait until after my trip in August
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:43pm On Aug 15, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello everdayperson,

The wait time fluctuates for dropbox applications due to a variety of factors. If your trip is essential and you have sufficient validity on your current visa, it may be better to wait to submit your visa for renewal after your trip.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Thanks Team.
I shall wait till I return to turn in the application.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by arrestdarrester: 9:42pm On Aug 15, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello arrestdarrester,

What exactly is your question?

Regards,

Abuja NIV

ConsularAbuja emailed me in July 2016, to drop my passport at the collection center.

I replied immediately via email that i already did so in February 2016, when the same consular office made the same request.

"What should i do now"? That is the question I asked.

I now repeat: What should I do now? Wait and see? Or do you advise that I schedule an appointment to find out what is going on?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ItzTiffany: 12:11am On Aug 16, 2016
Hello Consular Officer,
Am really glad to meet you here.I have a lot questions bothering me about the Non Immigrant Visa Process.I have been refused a NIV before and i was given a form which says i have insufficient ties to my home country.The interviewing officer hardly ask you to explain your ties and what will compel you to come home .Only Three questions were asked and i was given the refusal form.Please how can a genuine visa applicant explain his/her ties to satisfaction of the officer because by your law you say the burden of proof is on the applicant.
Secondly i learned you rarely issue visas to applicants with no travel experience.

NB-Am a student.

Thank you very much for taking your time to read my post
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by anyakarl(m): 10:17am On Aug 16, 2016
Hello abujaniv,

Am a F1 student visa applicant. I was previously denied a visa and have since reapplied. On my second appointment, I was refused entry to the embassy because I used the DS-160 barcode with which I was denied on and advised to reschedule which I have done. My problem now is that my appointment date which is 18th of August is 3days after my program start date (15th, August).

I have informed my designated school official on my situation and he made a request to SEVIS to update the program start date to 30th. He also said that my current I-20 is valid for one month from the start date and therefore is not necessary to give me a new one with the adjusted date. My question is will I have a problem at the interview regards the dates? Looking forward to your reply asap.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 12:56pm On Aug 16, 2016
Am really Shocked and appalled by what happened to me at Abuja US Embassy.Please this what transpired between myself and the officer.Please what went wrong.
I: Hello
CO: Can I have your passport and confirmation papers
CO:Why are you going to the US?
I: to attend a conference.
CO:Where is the conference?
I:Chicago
CO: What do you do?
I: I am a ....
C0: Have you visited somewhere outside the country?
I: No
CO:How much is your income?
I: I told him

Please i feel like the officer did not allow me to explain my situation well.Hope to hear from you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Sleek5(f): 10:12am On Aug 17, 2016
Sleek5:
Hello VO,

My mom was told to come in for a Tuesday 221g appointment interview after she initially attended an interview and was told it was approved and to pick it up 2days later. She wasn't asked to come with any docs specifically, just a requested interview. Seems strange, do u know what this implies?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by DiegoPablo: 12:09pm On Aug 17, 2016
Good Morning AbujaNIV,

I would be applying for an F1 visa soon and would like to ask a question.

I do assume that travel history do not help F1 case...I might be wrong tho! I have been to the West Coast and I recently traveled to Kenya for a conference on a Kenyan e-visa but am a bit worried because the immigration stamp on my passport looks light and a bit faded. It looks fake, even to me. Now I wanna ask, should I attach (using a staple pin) a copy of the e-visa to my passport page where I was stamped in and out at Kenyatta Intl Airport? Just so the interviewing officer would see that the stamps are indeed original.

Thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (123) (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.