Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,282 members, 7,807,944 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 11:20 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (127) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818005 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ebsuguy(m): 2:44pm On Aug 17, 2016
Hello,please i will be travelling to the US for a Health training conference by first week of october.The training is just a week and i have an invitation letter.I am an Undergraduate studying in Nigeria.Please where do i start with the visa stuff?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by livchi: 3:12pm On Aug 17, 2016
some one should advice me oh..... my salary has been cut drastically secondly i made mistake in my wife date of birth, how do i reconsine this when renewing my application
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:13pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hello Trukoments,

The law is written that the officers cannot go into detail. They will not at the interview and will not on this thread. You may repaply at any time.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

trukoments:
Hello VO,
I applied to attend a legislative conference taking place this August in the US but was denied. The lady that interviewed me asked questions about what the conference is about, who am traveling with, how much I earn, if I've traveled in the last 5 years, if I'm married and with how many children. But I think I made an error of judgment due to apprehension. When she asked about my travel history, I said No, because I though she asked if I had traveled in the last five years because the question was stated in one of the forms. It was when I was denied that I remembered that I goofed, I think she asked if I've traveled before, and I've been to UK twice. Is there any way to know why exactly I was refused and is it redeemable and how soon can I apply again. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:22pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hello Ayanfejesu,

We apologize for any confusion, but since you were refused a visa in your most recent interview, you are not eligible for the dropbox program. You must reapply in person.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Ayanfejesu:
Good evening, V.O.

I asked you a question a few months ago about using the dropbox service.

More specifically, I was issued a B1/B2 visa in 2012 but I applied for an F1 in 2014 and got denied (my B1/B2 visa was still valid at the time).

Now, I intend to renew my B1/B2 and wondered if I was qualified to use the dropbox service.

You answered in the affirmative.

Now, I have filled the DS-160 and in the process of filling out the CGI visa dropbox service questionnaire, I was asked if was denied a U.S visa during my last interview.

I was denied an F1 visa but not the B1/B2 that I am trying to renew.

Do I answer YES or NO, because I am confused about this.

My B1/B2 visa expired less than forty eight months ago.

I am just trying to be sure.

Of course, I have disclosed in my DS-160 that I was denied an F1 visa in 2014.

Please enlighten me sir/m'aam so I know what to do about this.

I don't want to make a mistake.

Thanks so much and I appreciate your help, as always.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:49pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hello Jordanese,

The decision to apply alone or with your family is completely up to you. Both are allowed.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

jordanese:
Sir, I got this email from the US Consulate after my 5 day after my interview with my family. My first Daughter have a valid 2 yrs visa this applying with my wife and second daughter.

After the interview and a thorough review of the application, you were unable to present credible evidence of sufficient socioeconomic ties to Nigeria that would compel you to return to Nigeria after a short stay in the United States. The interviewing officer determined that you did not overcome the statutory presumption of intending immigration and was therefore refused under section 214(b) of the Immigration and Nationality act.

Please note that applicants for US non-immigrant visas are required to overcome the assumption that they are intending immigrants. In order to do so, they must prove sufficiently strong ties to their home country.

Individual refusals under Section 214(b) cannot be appealed or overturned, but they are not permanent. You are welcome to reapply through our website at http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng if you believe that your circumstances have changed or you are able to present additional, compelling evidence of their socioeconomic ties to Nigeria or their reason for travel to the United States. Please note that Consular Officers are not required to review all documentation you present, and that as the applicant, you alone have the responsibility to establish your eligibility for the visa.

We hope this information is useful to you.

Sincerely,

cid:image001.gif@01CF57EF.0B4BC8F0
Visa Unit
US CONSULATE GENERAL
LAGOS, NIGERIA

Do i reapply alone or with my family. I am a auto dealer and i have bought cars worth more than $300k since 2012 from the auction my company is registered with. I got this email after Administrative processing. The VO didn't ask me for my properties and other documents
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Rohzeez: 2:31pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hello rummies.
Please I will like to ask if someone that US embassy just declined is visa today 18th of August 2016 can reapply tomorrow again, coz he's mind is contemplating if it'll surely work out or not?
I need reply asap please house.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:34pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hello ItzTiffany,

Officers regularly issue visas to applicants who have never traveled before. What you said is simply not true. The burden of proof is on the applicant to explain the ties to their home country.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

ItzTiffany:
Hello Consular Officer,
Am really glad to meet you here.I have a lot questions bothering me about the Non Immigrant Visa Process.I have been refused a NIV before and i was given a form which says i have insufficient ties to my home country.The interviewing officer hardly ask you to explain your ties and what will compel you to come home .Only Three questions were asked and i was given the refusal form.Please how can a genuine visa applicant explain his/her ties to satisfaction of the officer because by your law you say the burden of proof is on the applicant.
Secondly i learned you rarely issue visas to applicants with no travel experience.

NB-Am a student.

Thank you very much for taking your time to read my post
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:36pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hello Anyakarl,

If you miss the start date, you must get a new I-20 or an extension letter from the school.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

anyakarl:
Hello abujaniv,

Am a F1 student visa applicant. I was previously denied a visa and have since reapplied. On my second appointment, I was refused entry to the embassy because I used the DS-160 barcode with which I was denied on and advised to reschedule which I have done. My problem now is that my appointment date which is 18th of August is 3days after my program start date (15th, August).

I have informed my designated school official on my situation and he made a request to SEVIS to update the program start date to 30th. He also said that my current I-20 is valid for one month from the start date and therefore is not necessary to give me a new one with the adjusted date. My question is will I have a problem at the interview regards the dates? Looking forward to your reply asap.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:37pm On Aug 18, 2016
Helloa TalliuCeciro,

Again, we cannot and will not comment on individual cases.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

TalliusCeciro:
Am really Shocked and appalled by what happened to me at Abuja US Embassy.Please this what transpired between myself and the officer.Please what went wrong.
I: Hello
CO: Can I have your passport and confirmation papers
CO:Why are you going to the US?
I: to attend a conference.
CO:Where is the conference?
I:Chicago
CO: What do you do?
I: I am a ....
C0: Have you visited somewhere outside the country?
I: No
CO:How much is your income?
I: I told him

Please i feel like the officer did not allow me to explain my situation well.Hope to hear from you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:39pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hello DiegoPablo,

Explain it to the officer.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

DiegoPablo:
Good Morning AbujaNIV,

I would be applying for an F1 visa soon and would like to ask a question.

I do assume that travel history do not help F1 case...I might be wrong tho! I have been to the West Coast and I recently traveled to Kenya for a conference on a Kenyan e-visa but am a bit worried because the immigration stamp on my passport looks light and a bit faded. It looks fake, even to me. Now I wanna ask, should I attach (using a staple pin) a copy of the e-visa to my passport page where I was stamped in and out at Kenyatta Intl Airport? Just so the interviewing officer would see that the stamps are indeed original.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:40pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hello Ebsuguy,

Check out our embassy's non-immigrant visa web page: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html

Regards,

Abuja NIV

ebsuguy:
Hello,please i will be travelling to the US for a Health training conference by first week of october.The training is just a week and i have an invitation letter.I am an Undergraduate studying in Nigeria.Please where do i start with the visa stuff?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:41pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hello Livchi,

Always ensure that the application is completed correctly.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

livchi:
some one should advice me oh..... my salary has been cut drastically secondly i made mistake in my wife date of birth, how do i reconsine this when renewing my application
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by teverex1: 4:02pm On Aug 18, 2016
Hello VO, I'd like to know what my chances are for getting a visa after attending an interview and was given a yellow slip (221g) stating that some documents be submitted along with my passport (schl credentials, schl transcripts, i-20 and resume/any publications). Any idea how long this might also take from previous experience of such cases?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by amalab30(m): 12:03am On Aug 19, 2016
Hello AbujaNIV.

My family (Myself, wife and 4 months+ daughter) was refused NIV visa for the 9:30 Interview on 18/08/2016.

We are genuine applicants going for Vacation of 2 weeks, because I know you do not comment of Individual cases, I won't share the transcripts here.

The Lady VO that attended to us asked me just 3 questions which I answered well after the first question that I stuttered because I was caught off guard and after which I balanced and answered the other two questions well to the best of my knowledge and according to my DS160 to avoid cases of misrepresentation. My wife was asked 2 questions and she answered very well too.

I hear things like "Burden of Proof" is on the applicant, I'm sorry but I do not think I was even given a split second to explain this. She immediately gave us the Pink sheet.

Could I still have gone ahead after the sheet given to explain?

I honestly feel I wasn't given a fair hearing regarding the fact that this case can't be appealed, and I guess the VO wasn't in her best mood, and we have learnt never to answer or say anything except the VO has asked that you speak.

I saw a lot of families being interviewed and given time to explain their ties, our case was completely different and I need you to understand this.

If we were also given a chance to speak, and we spoke and still got denied, I won't be this unhappy.

Kindly shed light.

Kind regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 11:08am On Aug 19, 2016
The interview is your opportunity to explain to the officer your travel plans, your ties and your personal circumstances in your home country in an honest and forthright manner.Please how do you explain if you have not been asked to.Thanks

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 2ngy: 3:49pm On Aug 19, 2016
good day CO,

my b1/b2 visa just expired and i want to renew it because i want to go with my family on vacation
this december. my question is,instead of dropbox application,can i go and appear in person with my wife
and my child? though they were both denied last year on the groung of traveling inexperience.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Sarki140: 7:49pm On Aug 20, 2016
Hello Officer, It's always a pleasure to have you here on nairaland.Please am in the process of applying for a non immigrant visa to participate in an educational conference in Washington, D.C. Please from what I have heard,it seems it is almost impossible for a student to get approve for a visa.Please what's your view on that.Thanks once again.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tsquare299(m): 9:34pm On Aug 20, 2016
Hello,
Do I need to write TOEFL to get Visa since my propose school doesn't require it?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Prince1980(m): 5:04pm On Aug 21, 2016
Hello VO,
Job well done, I have a B1/B2 Visa valid till March 2018, I am now planning to apply for F1 visa. My enquiry, would my B1/B2 Visa cancel if my F1 application deny?

Regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:36am On Aug 22, 2016
Hello Teverex1,

When your case is under further administrative processing, there is no way to determine how long it will take. If you would like an update, send an email to ConsularAbuja@state.gov

Regards,

Abuja NIV

teverex1:
Hello VO, I'd like to know what my chances are for getting a visa after attending an interview and was given a yellow slip (221g) stating that some documents be submitted along with my passport (schl credentials, schl transcripts, i-20 and resume/any publications). Any idea how long this might also take from previous experience of such cases?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:37am On Aug 22, 2016
Hello Rohzeez,

You can reapply at any time.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Rohzeez:
Hello rummies.
Please I will like to ask if someone that US embassy just declined is visa today 18th of August 2016 can reapply tomorrow again, coz he's mind is contemplating if it'll surely work out or not?
I need reply asap please house.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:41am On Aug 22, 2016
Hello Amalab30,

This forum is to answer questions about the process at large. We will not ever go into details about why someone's application was denied. The question that you asked is one that we cannot answer- we will not coach you to get a visa.

You can reapply at any time.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

amalab30:
Hello AbujaNIV.

My family (Myself, wife and 4 months+ daughter) was refused NIV visa for the 9:30 Interview on 18/08/2016.

We are genuine applicants going for Vacation of 2 weeks, because I know you do not comment of Individual cases, I won't share the transcripts here.

The Lady VO that attended to us asked me just 3 questions which I answered well after the first question that I stuttered because I was caught off guard and after which I balanced and answered the other two questions well to the best of my knowledge and according to my DS160 to avoid cases of misrepresentation. My wife was asked 2 questions and she answered very well too.

I hear things like "Burden of Proof" is on the applicant, I'm sorry but I do not think I was even given a split second to explain this. She immediately gave us the Pink sheet.

Could I still have gone ahead after the sheet given to explain?

I honestly feel I wasn't given a fair hearing regarding the fact that this case can't be appealed, and I guess the VO wasn't in her best mood, and we have learnt never to answer or say anything except the VO has asked that you speak.

I saw a lot of families being interviewed and given time to explain their ties, our case was completely different and I need you to understand this.

If we were also given a chance to speak, and we spoke and still got denied, I won't be this unhappy.

Kindly shed light.

Kind regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:43am On Aug 22, 2016
Hello 2ngy,

You can send your application through the dropbox or you can come in with them. The choice is yours.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

2ngy:
good day CO,

my b1/b2 visa just expired and i want to renew it because i want to go with my family on vacation
this december. my question is,instead of dropbox application,can i go and appear in person with my wife
and my child? though they were both denied last year on the groung of traveling inexperience.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:19pm On Aug 22, 2016
Hello Sarki410,

These are myths that completely are not true. Each application is adjudicated on a case by case basis.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Sarki140:
Hello Officer, It's always a pleasure to have you here on nairaland.Please am in the process of applying for a non immigrant visa to participate in an educational conference in Washington, D.C. Please from what I have heard,it seems it is almost impossible for a student to get approve for a visa.Please what's your view on that.Thanks once again.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:19pm On Aug 22, 2016
Hello Tsquare299,

This is not a requirement.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

tsquare299:
Hello,
Do I need to write TOEFL to get Visa since my propose school doesn't require it?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:21pm On Aug 22, 2016
Hello Prince1980,

It is possible to have both a student and tourist visa at the same time, as they are different visas classes for different purposes of travel.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Prince1980:
Hello VO,
Job well done, I have a B1/B2 Visa valid till March 2018, I am now planning to apply for F1 visa. My enquiry, would my B1/B2 Visa cancel if my F1 application deny?

Regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:22pm On Aug 22, 2016
Hello Austinosita,

Please read through this forum. We cannot and will not ever comment on an individual case. We also do not give chances or odds of getting a visa.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

austinosita:
Hello VO,

Is a good job and a wife(no children) enough ties for the visa to be granted?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sintosgold(m): 1:05pm On Aug 22, 2016
Hello , Pls I want to apply for bi/b2 visa but I don't know how to include my wife data on the ds160 form.
Also my wife still use her family name on her passport will that be a problem for me at the embassy or I will need to proof that she is my wife. I hope to hear from you
Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (124) (125) (126) (127) (128) (129) (130) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.