Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,876 members, 7,802,817 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 10:33 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (138) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (817443 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:31am On Oct 24, 2016
Hello indianteddy007,

It doesn't sound like you need to do anything. We do not require people to change their names when they get married.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

indianteddy007:
I would like to take my kids on a vacation this December for my sons birthday. I need to apply for a visa for my two boys alone. There daddy is a very busy politician and he wont be going with us for the interview. Although,i travelled with the boys last year december to dubai for my sons birthday. the issue i have now is that my passport still has my maiden name on it. What can I do?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by indianteddy007: 11:38am On Oct 24, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello indianteddy007,

It doesn't sound like you need to do anything. We do not require people to change their names when they get married.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Thank you so much for responding. but i am going for the interview alone with the boys without their dad. do i have a chance?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by clintonsparkz(m): 12:28pm On Oct 24, 2016
want to travel to the u.s to visit my friend who is a European and a u.s citizen, am a student, I don't really know what's up? my chances and all, really need guidance. need u help and probably u contact.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by gbade11(m): 3:27pm On Oct 24, 2016
I just received an offer to make a presentation at World Bank youth summit in Washington DC, USA, on 14-15 Nov 2016. It's 3weeks from today. I will like to know how to secure a visa appointment within this short period of time. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by eniolagharxe: 4:07pm On Oct 24, 2016
Hello VO @abujaniv...Want to make an F1 visa appointment rescheduling and would like a give or take of the shortest time difference between the old date (October 26) and the new one...
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Obynocyse: 5:28pm On Oct 24, 2016
Hi Abuja NIV,
I need your advice. A family who knew my family filled a visa petition for me on the grounds of adoption(because of the way things were then my dad was late and mum couldn't take care of me) which was approved by the department of Homeland Security office BUT I was not granted visa and Homeland Security was asked to review the process for possible revocation.

Now I have been denied visa twice possibly, because I didn't indicate the petition in the ds160 form although not purposely because I just stumbled on the paper that was giving to us that day (2007).

I want to know if I still have chances of getting a non immigrant visa when next I apply stating the petition in the ds160 AND how do I go about it because we are no longer depended on that family as I have a well paying job now and intend to further my studies in the US.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:15am On Oct 25, 2016
Hello Clintonsparkz,

Please take some time to read through this thread. We will not ever give odds of getting a visa.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

clintonsparkz:
want to travel to the u.s to visit my friend who is a European and a u.s citizen, am a student, I don't really know what's up? my chances and all, really need guidance. need u help and probably u contact.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:16am On Oct 25, 2016
Hello Gbade11,

Please visit our website to learn more: https://nigeria.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html

Regards,

Abuja NIV

gbade11:
I just received an offer to make a presentation at World Bank youth summit in Washington DC, USA, on 14-15 Nov 2016. It's 3weeks from today. I will like to know how to secure a visa appointment within this short period of time. Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Anthoniuf: 10:13am On Oct 25, 2016
Hello please I need an advice. My Dad is going for medical check up and he want to carry me along in that respect as Assistant. Will they grant visa to me in that respect? Urgent answer needed please
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:35pm On Oct 25, 2016
Hello, I'm glad you have a platform like this on nairaland. I have some few questions to ask.
1) How long before the starting of a semester should one book a visa interview?

2) Is it possible to book for visa interview within next month I am a Nigerian in Abuja.
Mathias is the name.
Thank you!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by KaptainAfrika: 8:47pm On Oct 25, 2016
Good day our amiable @abujaniv.
I would like to make an enquiry. I applied for the US Visa together with my wife and we have gotten a date for the interview, however an ongoing project in the organization where I work, requires my presence, as it is in its final phase of completion and I will not be able to attend the interview with my wife, my wife will be able to still attend the interview just without my presence. What do you advise? Thank you, in anticipation of your prompt response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Damola06(m): 4:51am On Oct 26, 2016
Hello VO,

I was granted a Visa for a conference in US but would not be able travel due to some family issues. Can I still travel with the Visa and what steps should I take?

Thank u
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by BAKAREAAT(m): 8:55am On Oct 26, 2016
Pl advice me the choice of Singapore work permit visa & schegen visa (Italy)
Advice is required

Thank yoy
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sabitous(f): 12:41pm On Oct 26, 2016
Pls I need an advise. I went for the US non immigrant interview September 2016 as married but presently not with my hubby again but engaged to a Nigerian-American citizen whom I ve known over 2yrs ago. He wants me to visit him in US this xmas period. what do u think I should do when filling d US application form. Should I still put married or divorce or single. thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:04pm On Oct 26, 2016
Hello Athoniuf,

This type of question has been asked many times on this thread. We do not comment on individual cases nor do we give odds. Read through the thread for a better idea of the process.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Anthoniuf:
Hello please I need an advice. My Dad is going for medical check up and he want to carry me along in that respect as Assistant. Will they grant visa to me in that respect? Urgent answer needed please
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:05pm On Oct 26, 2016
Hello cecemat,

Always plan ahead and apply in advance. Check the website for a visa interview appointment.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

cecemat:
Hello, I'm glad you have a platform like this on nairaland. I have some few questions to ask.
1) How long before the starting of a semester should one book a visa interview?

2) Is it possible to book for visa interview within next month I am a Nigerian in Abuja.
Mathias is the name.
Thank you!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:07pm On Oct 26, 2016
Hello KaptainAfrika,

If I am reading your question correctly, then the answer is yes, your wife may attend the interview without your presence. If you want to chance your appointment, you have 90 days to do so and you can only change it one time. Call the help line +23414406218.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

KaptainAfrika:
Good day our amiable @abujaniv.
I would like to make an enquiry. I applied for the US Visa together with my wife and we have gotten a date for the interview, however an ongoing project in the organization where I work, requires my presence, as it is in its final phase of completion and I will not be able to attend the interview with my wife, my wife will be able to still attend the interview just without my presence. What do you advise? Thank you, in anticipation of your prompt response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:26pm On Oct 26, 2016
Hello Damola06,

We understand that plans change. You can still travel but be prepared to explain the change at the port of entry.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Damola06:
Hello VO,

I was granted a Visa for a conference in US but would not be able travel due to some family issues. Can I still travel with the Visa and what steps should I take?

Thank u

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:28pm On Oct 26, 2016
Hello sabitous,

Complete the form with the most accurate and current information. If you are married, put that.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

sabitous:
Pls I need an advise. I went for the US non immigrant interview September 2016 as married but presently not with my hubby again but engaged to a Nigerian-American citizen whom I ve known over 2yrs ago. He wants me to visit him in US this xmas period. what do u think I should do when filling d US application form. Should I still put married or divorce or single. thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by KaptainAfrika: 3:21pm On Oct 26, 2016
Okay thank you very much, I will go right ahead and reschedule a new interview date for myself, while my wife goes ahead with her interview on the old interview date.

abujaniv:
Hello KaptainAfrika,

If I am reading your question correctly, then the answer is yes, your wife may attend the interview without your presence. If you want to chance your appointment, you have 90 days to do so and you can only change it one time. Call the help line +23414406218.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Dokstar: 3:38pm On Oct 26, 2016
Dear VO,
I submitted my passport for Dropbox renewal 14 days ago. Visa status on ceac.state.gov says ISSUED. Yet to receive an email several days after the status ISSUED. Other tracking options says "no status update for the passport number submitted" or "passport still at embassy/consulate" What could be the reason for delay? 10 business days have passed. Does ISSUED mean visa has been approved or could there be some processing still ongoing?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by couvaninigLtd(m): 7:35pm On Oct 26, 2016
Good job pls I apply for visa in August but was not granted how many month interval before I can reapply?
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Obynocyse: 9:48am On Oct 27, 2016
Hello VO,
I need your advice. A family who knew my family filled a visa petition for me on the grounds of adoption(because of the way things were then my dad was late and mum couldn't take care of me) which was approved by the department of Homeland Security office BUT I was not granted visa and Homeland Security was asked to review the process for possible revocation.

Now I have been denied visa twice possibly, because I didn't indicate the petition in the ds160 form although not purposely because I just stumbled on the paper that was giving to us that day (2007).

I want to know if I still have chances of getting a non immigrant visa when next I apply stating the petition in the ds160 AND how do I go about it because we are no longer depended on that family as I have a well paying job now and intend to further my studies in the US.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by teverex1: 11:38am On Oct 27, 2016
Hello Abuja NIV
On the day of my interview (student f1) I was given a 221g letter requiring that some more documents (I-20, school credentials, resume) and my passport be submitted at the Cgi office which I did on same day. My case status shows administrative processing on the CEAC site and it's been over two months. I have read from DOS that enquires can be made after 60days concerning case status, which I have tried calling to no avail as I only get answering machines. I have also emailed the embassy as you advised on here previously but no answer either. I have been able to defer my admission and currently have a new I-20 with a new start date also as I couldn't make it for my fall intake. Kindly advise, please!!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jarule18081977: 2:02pm On Oct 27, 2016
Good Afternoon VO,

Please need steps on how to renew my kids b1/b2 visa expired April, 2016. Age 4 and 6 respectively, visa used once last yr November. Read that they qualify for dropbox, also what document can i include, my visa is still valid.

Thanks for any useful info
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:24pm On Oct 27, 2016
Hello Dokstar,

Please email consularabuja@state.gov. We can further assist in a private venue.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Dokstar:
Dear VO,
I submitted my passport for Dropbox renewal 14 days ago. Visa status on ceac.state.gov says ISSUED. Yet to receive an email several days after the status ISSUED. Other tracking options says "no status update for the passport number submitted" or "passport still at embassy/consulate" What could be the reason for delay? 10 business days have passed. Does ISSUED mean visa has been approved or could there be some processing still ongoing?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:26pm On Oct 27, 2016
Hello Couvaninig,

You may reapply at any time.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

couvaninigLtd:
Good job pls I apply for visa in August but was not granted how many month interval before I can reapply?
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ajicse: 9:13am On Oct 29, 2016
Hello VO,
Thank you for the great work you are doing here. Please kindly provide clarification for my questions listed below
1) i just got admitted for a masters program in US and i have my interview for F1 coming up next week, my concern is this, non immigration VISA was filled for me by my brother who is a US citizen few years ago (F4-VISA) and i was inform that it might take 15 years before my VISA will be ready, will this affect my chance for F1

2) on my admission letter, i was told i will have to register for two undergraduate course, so my admission is conditional. how will i answer this question if VO ask me why i didn't get full admission.
I look forward to read from you soon because i have less than 8 days for my interview
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:22am On Oct 31, 2016
Hello Obynocyse,

As we have stated many times on this thread that we cannot and will give odds of getting a visa.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Obynocyse:
Hello VO,

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:25am On Oct 31, 2016
Hello Teverex1,

Please send an email to consularabuja@state.gov for a status update.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

teverex1:
Hello Abuja NIV
On the day of my interview (student f1) I was given a 221g letter requiring that some more documents (I-20, school credentials, resume) and my passport be submitted at the Cgi office which I did on same day. My case status shows administrative processing on the CEAC site and it's been over two months. I have read from DOS that enquires can be made after 60days concerning case status, which I have tried calling to no avail as I only get answering machines. I have also emailed the embassy as you advised on here previously but no answer either. I have been able to defer my admission and currently have a new I-20 with a new start date also as I couldn't make it for my fall intake. Kindly advise, please!!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:27am On Oct 31, 2016
Hello Jarule18081977,

Please visit our embassy website: https://nigeria.usembassy.gov/niv_dropbox.html

Regards,

Abuja NIV

jarule18081977:
Good Afternoon VO,

Please need steps on how to renew my kids b1/b2 visa expired April, 2016. Age 4 and 6 respectively, visa used once last yr November. Read that they qualify for dropbox, also what document can i include, my visa is still valid.

Thanks for any useful info

(1) (2) (3) ... (135) (136) (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.