Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,801 members, 7,806,235 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:22 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (140) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (817826 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Sholmez: 2:45pm On Nov 10, 2016
Good day
I am having issues selecting an appointment date for F-1 visa this is because I already have an account which has my old data.
I was issued a passport which had a mistake on my day of birth, my day of birth is actually March 22 but it had March 23 on it. I created an account about 2 years ago when I wanted to apply for a b1/b2 visa
However I didn't get the visa.
I have now made a correction to my day of birth and it was done at the Nigerian immigration headquarters at Abuja and was issued a new passport booklet which has a different passport number.
anytime I log into the account it doesn't allow me to edit my old passport number or my day of birth.
I have completed my ds-160 form and about to pay my Sevis fee.
I honestly don't know what to do because I need to book an appointment as soon as possible.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:14pm On Nov 10, 2016
Hello Sholmez. Contact customer support at +23414406218 or support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com. Otherwise, consider creating a new profile.
Regards,
Abuja NIV

Sholmez:
Good day
I am having issues selecting an appointment date for F-1 visa this is because I already have an account which has my old data.
I was issued a passport which had a mistake on my day of birth, my day of birth is actually March 22 but it had March 23 on it. I created an account about 2 years ago when I wanted to apply for a b1/b2 visa
However I didn't get the visa.
I have now made a correction to my day of birth and it was done at the Nigerian immigration headquarters at Abuja and was issued a new passport booklet which has a different passport number.
anytime I log into the account it doesn't allow me to edit my old passport number or my day of birth.
I have completed my ds-160 form and about to pay my Sevis fee.
I honestly don't know what to do because I need to book an appointment as soon as possible.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by iphyconsult: 9:52pm On Nov 10, 2016
Good day,

I am a grad student currently in US with F1 visa which expire by August 2017. My I20 is 2015-2020. I really don't plan going to Nigeria sometimes soon but due to my nature of research, It's possible I travel to Canada and Germany for conferences. I understand I will need to get a visa for the countries.
My concern now is after my visa expires by 2017, how can I renew my visa for the short visit outside US?
Can I use the dropbox to apply for a new visa while in US before August 2017?

Please advise.

Sincerely
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by victoryng: 4:48am On Nov 11, 2016
Hi VO,

We have applied twice now for NIV and can't really explain why we were denied (Ties to Nigeria). Its really tough proving that we are only visiting for an (or series of) event .

Two quick questions.

1. Can one re-apply in less than two weeks since last appointment?
2. I want my wife and son to apply this time without me - we hope that proves ties to Nigeria? True?

Any advice or tips?

Thank You.

NB: She's going for two siblings' weddings (this month) and everyone else has either travelled or been given visas except her - hence the situation.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by whyqueu(m): 5:57pm On Nov 11, 2016
Hello famz, My Mum , Nephew and myself av an appointment at the US Embassy Dec for B1/B2. My mum is a nurse and my nephew and I just finished our undergraduate studies .We have no travelling experience and we have booked our reservation for d 10 day visit . We are 6 in my family including my dad but my siblings are still in school (Not Going tho)!! My fear is that won't they say we are graduate and with economic situation of d country dat these guys will run away? Please what are our Chances Famz? Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by merryberry(f): 1:07am On Nov 13, 2016
Good morning Violetbuggy, and everyone else, please did you manage to find a solution to this error message popping up while uploading your picture If yes, how did you resolve it? Thanks in anticipation.
abujaniv:
Hello Violetbuggy. We do not give technical support in this thread.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by merryberry(f): 9:19am On Nov 13, 2016
Never mind, it finally uploaded this morning. Thank you
merryberry:
Good morning Violetbuggy, and everyone else, please did you manage to find a solution to this error message popping up while uploading your picture If yes, how did you resolve it? Thanks in anticipation.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by MiguelBenz: 2:10pm On Nov 13, 2016
may i ask if beneficiary address in formi-129f and ds-160 would cause any issues? Thank you smiley
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Hillary85: 4:42pm On Nov 13, 2016
Hello, please i need serious assistance over my issue. I have been granted a 2 years B1/B2 visa to America but i could not attend the seminar that was intended for the visa.
Now i feel like using the same visa for a vacation this xmas to the US. I dont know if there are complications or querry at the airport in the US by the immigration officer that might warrant to refusal of me entering the country.
please i need advice.
Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ephraimboi(m): 5:36pm On Nov 13, 2016
I would like to know what Is the maximum stay per entry for a 2yr b1/b2 visa? Trying no to overstay.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by FOTAMG: 11:29pm On Nov 13, 2016
Hii. Pls my brother was denied entry into the US last week. He was sent back and his visa,revoked. He had his certificates on his person and they found chats of his possibility of getting a job in a church. They sent him back cos he had a visiting visa. The officer told him dt if he goes back home voluntarily he will nt nt banned,and he did. Pls does he still have any chance of get a another visa?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:13am On Nov 14, 2016
Hello Miguelbenz,

I am not sure what the question is. It sounds like you are asking about fiance visas. Please check out our website: https://travel.state.gov/content/visas/en/immigrate/family/fiance-k-1.html
Regards,

Abuja NIV

MiguelBenz:
may i ask if beneficiary address in formi-129f and ds-160 would cause any issues? Thank you smiley
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:19am On Nov 14, 2016
Hello Hilary85,

As always, just be honest with the officer. Be prepared to explain the change in your travel plans.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Hillary85:
Hello, please i need serious assistance over my issue. I have been granted a 2 years B1/B2 visa to America but i could not attend the seminar that was intended for the visa.
Now i feel like using the same visa for a vacation this xmas to the US. I dont know if there are complications or querry at the airport in the US by the immigration officer that might warrant to refusal of me entering the country.
please i need advice.
Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:21am On Nov 14, 2016
Hello Ephraimboi,

The officer at the border determines how long you are allowed to stay. They stamp the date into your passport.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Ephraimboi:
I would like to know what Is the maximum stay per entry for a 2yr b1/b2 visa? Trying no to overstay.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Flavour1900: 11:40am On Nov 14, 2016
Hello Abujaniv,
Please can u help me check the status of this case because I have been mailing since last month and haven't gotten a reply.case 20161027008254823.God bless you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by halaphilip: 3:28pm On Nov 14, 2016
My sister was denied visa two months ago and reapplied last month.

The dude who helped her fill the application forgot to print the confirmation of appointment page. She subsequently printed the old one and took to the interview. of course she was turned back and given a notice that suggested she should reschedule without paying a new fee (see image 1). She only needed to use the same receipt number

She tried rescheduling on Saturday but was told the receipt number had been used before. We filed a complaint, attaching the notice from the Embassy and got a response this morning, saying the receipt number, having been used before, could no longer be used again. See image 2. This seems to contradict what the notice she got at the embassy says.

What can we do?

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 3:06am On Nov 15, 2016
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:45pm On Nov 15, 2016
Hello FOTAMG,

It appears that your brother was attempting to break the law and was caught. He can reapply at any time.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

FOTAMG:
Hii. Pls my brother was denied entry into the US last week. He was sent back and his visa,revoked. He had his certificates on his person and they found chats of his possibility of getting a job in a church. They sent him back cos he had a visiting visa. The officer told him dt if he goes back home voluntarily he will nt nt banned,and he did. Pls does he still have any chance of get a another visa?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:46pm On Nov 15, 2016
Hello Flavour,

Send an email to consularabuja@state.gov

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Flavour1900:
Hello Abujaniv,
Please can u help me check the status of this case because I have been mailing since last month and haven't gotten a reply.case 20161027008254823.God bless you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:49pm On Nov 15, 2016
Hello Halaphilip,

First, this is exactly why we are so vocal for applicants to not use visa agents. It sounds like "the dude who helped her" actually made it harder on her, so let us reiterate how important it is to complete your own form.

If the receipt number was already reused, then yes, she must reapply.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

halaphilip:
My sister was denied visa two months ago and reapplied last month.

The dude who helped her fill the application forgot to print the confirmation of appointment page. She subsequently printed the old one and took to the interview. of course she was turned back and given a notice that suggested she should reschedule without paying a new fee (see image 1). She only needed to use the same receipt number

She tried rescheduling on Saturday but was told the receipt number had been used before. We filed a complaint, attaching the notice from the Embassy and got a response this morning, saying the receipt number, having been used before, could no longer be used again. See image 2. This seems to contradict what the notice she got at the embassy says.

What can we do?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:50pm On Nov 15, 2016
Hello Euma,

Please call +23414406218 or email support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Euma:
Hello, I am trying to create a new user account to schedule an interview for my mum but there's been an error page that comes up whenever i submit her information. The information I entered is the same as in her passport. How can i fix this?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by FADEO: 4:33pm On Nov 15, 2016
Please, i need to find out if there is a standard format for letter of invite. A colleague of mine is inviting me to the US with my family, He is an American. And we are scheduled for interview on the 30th of November. So i asked him to write a letter of invite for me to indicate at the embassy that he is inviting me.

Note that my wife will be having a child in the US within the said period. So please i need someone to help me if there is a standard format for letter of Invite

thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 5:42pm On Nov 15, 2016
abujaniv:
Hello Euma,

Please call +23414406218 or email support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

Regards,

Abuja NIV

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobodylasty: 10:00pm On Nov 15, 2016
Warm greetings Abuja niv,
I have an issue and wud appreciate any advice,I actually got a birthing visa(b1/b2) told d vo I was goin for birthing,paid my fees and spent 10weeks,collected zero bal letters.got an invitation to visit d embassy only to get dere and d vo asked how much I paid in total I said 6k dollars and gave her my zero balance letters plus receipts,she saw all and asked me how come she's seeing I paid just 500 dollars and I showed her d docs again so she went in wt my passport and came out and cancelled d visa without prejudice and gave me a 214b letter. Please
1. What is the penalty
2.can I apply for Anoda visa
Please God bless you as u advice because I'm soo down right now
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 9:45am On Nov 16, 2016
Hello Fadeo,

You do not need a letter of invitation. You should, however, have correspondence with a doctor and hospital again with a breakdown of the medical treatment for your wife and proof that you can pay for it.

Regards,

Abuja NIV

FADEO:
Please, i need to find out if there is a standard format for letter of invite. A colleague of mine is inviting me to the US with my family, He is an American. And we are scheduled for interview on the 30th of November. So i asked him to write a letter of invite for me to indicate at the embassy that he is inviting me.

Note that my wife will be having a child in the US within the said period. So please i need someone to help me if there is a standard format for letter of Invite

thank you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (137) (138) (139) (140) (141) (142) (143) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.