Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,810 members, 7,802,601 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 05:08 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (143) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (817426 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Roox: 5:53pm On Dec 05, 2016
Thanks a lot!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ogogad: 4:39am On Dec 06, 2016
Hello,
I had my b1/b2 application refused on 221g last October (2015). This was after I was called for an interview.
Yesterday I was asked to come for an interview again with another 221g letter forwarded to my email; I was also asked to book an appointment. I'm unable to make the appointment as the initial visa application fee is no longer valid. Would I need to make another payment on same application or is it okay to just visit the embassy with the 221g letter alone?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by eghosa23: 8:57am On Dec 06, 2016
HI VO,

I have applied for b1/b2 visa from Nigeria before. However, my last renewal for b1/b2 was done in the UK while on studies.
I want to renew my visa from Nigeria as the current US visa just expired. Can I go for the drop box option?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:14pm On Dec 06, 2016
olenime:

abujaniv, the letter is the same to the previous ones i have been receiving, there is nothing new in the letter. Kindly look into my case. I was told i chose another school in my previous appointment, which is a big lie.
i have all my print out here with me while i filled my Ds form.

The letter is the same because the outcome and situation are the same.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:14pm On Dec 06, 2016
oriagome:
please VO a little explanation.

booking for appointment

if choose lagos u get this options to choose from bellow

B1 - VISITOR FOR BUSINESS
B1/B2 - VISITOR FOR BUSINESS AND PLEASURE
B2 - VISITOR FOR PLEASURE OR MEDICAL TREATMENT

If choose Abuja u see this options

B1 - VISITOR FOR BUSINESS
B1/B2 - VISITOR FOR BUSINESS AND PLEASURE

Why the difference

There is no difference in outcome, we issue B1/B2 visas to adults and sometimes B2 to children, but in effect they will not impact your travel.
100dollarbills:
Good morning Abujaniv,

I was issued a 2year visa in March 2015. However, I have not used the visa due to some circumstances beyond my control and the visa will expire in the next 3 months. Pls what is my chance of getting my visa renewed in the future? Would I be denied because I didn't make use of the initial visa that was issued for me?

We do not give odds on adjudications.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:15pm On Dec 06, 2016
oriagome:

Please Consular and memeber in the house am trying to fill the DS-160, for my family of four, am getting a little confuse on "TRAVEL COMPANIONS INFORMATION" please on the picture attached which is the right method please i need answer

If you need technical assistance, contact the call center.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:15pm On Dec 06, 2016
oriagome:

Please sorry for my question and putting image.

Please is this the way to book appointment for 4 family members

If you need technical assistance, contact the call center.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:16pm On Dec 06, 2016
Ezepikin:
Hi VO, my question is on drop box application. I noticed that the earlier clause of ''no more than two years prior to re issuance'' is now four years on the US visa website. Has it been extended now? My family and i were issued visas in Nov 2013 does it mean we are still qualified for drop box application?

Yes it is now 48 months. It was initially 12 months, then 24 months, and now is 48 months.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:28pm On Dec 06, 2016
Ezepikin:
VO, Thanks for your valuable contributions on this platform..My question, i intend to travel with my brother in law to the US. I have visited the US before in 2014 but he has not travelled before. We are going for his Sister's 25 years ordination as a rev sister. Do we apply as family since we are travelling together and on same date? I will appreciate your valuable advice. Thank you.

You are welcome to apply together, whatever is more convenient for you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:37pm On Dec 06, 2016
Ogogad:
Hello,
I had my b1/b2 application refused on 221g last October (2015). This was after I was called for an interview.
Yesterday I was asked to come for an interview again with another 221g letter forwarded to my email; I was also asked to book an appointment. I'm unable to make the appointment as the initial visa application fee is no longer valid. Would I need to make another payment on same application or is it okay to just visit the embassy with the 221g letter alone?

If you contact ConsularAbuja@state.gov, we should be unable to unlock your receipt in order to schedule an appointment.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:36pm On Dec 06, 2016
Roox:
Dear Visa Officer, thanks for all your valuable responses.

I am in a 5-year PhD program and I applied for an F1 visa March 2015, I was given 2 years. I am in the US right now in full status so I understand that even if my visa expires I can remain in student status. But there is an academic conference outside the US that I need to attend in the middle of this year, and if I don't renew my visa I won't be able to get back into the US.

So I want to come to Lagos beginning of January 2017 to get a visa renewal, because I can't have any time once the new semester kicks off in full. I was filling out a form here https://cgifederal.secure.force.com/ and based on my responses I was advised that I should use the dropbox system. I am not very familiar with this, as I was previously thinking I would need to schedule an interview.

Since I have just about 13 days in Lagos before coming back to resume school and academic duties, I want to hit the ground running and ensure I complete everything so that I won't get stuck or unnecessarily delayed in Lagos.

I have a couple of questions:

Is this the right link to apply with https://ceac.state.gov/GENNIV/ or this https://cgifederal.secure.force.com
Is there anything I can do in advance to make the process quicker? E.g. send any documents from the US to the DHL office in Lagos?
Will I need to pay a SEVIS fee again or is it just the $160 F1 visa fee that will be paid?

Can you also please confirm if this is the right process?

- Complete the application online, and travel down to Lagos
- Drop off the documents at the DHL office in Lagos
- Await an email telling me to go and pick up my documents. This may take up to 10 business days.
- Pick up the documents at the DHL office in Lagos

Thanks for your time!

1) This is the right link --> http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/
2) No, either apply via DHL or in person with your passport, transcripts, and I-20. Make sure your photo was taken in the last 6 months.
3) Should just be the MRV fee of $160
4) No. You either decide to do an interview (if that's what's convenient for you), in which case you'll need to go to Lagos. Or you decide to apply via dropbox, which means you give the packet to DHL to deliver to Lagos.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by unapologetic: 9:15am On Dec 07, 2016
Hello VO. I'm sponsoring my junior brother who is just 2 years younger than me for his masters in the US. the bank statement i intend to give him is not my salary account . I'm a Pilot for the Nigeria Police force and i've worked for a civilian company before i joined NPF, i am also a shareholder in a start up company that has gone mega.. i do business of any kind (legitimate ranging from farming, car sales e.t.c) that will bring in money , hence the inconsistencies in the statement i intend to give him. Will this affect his application? he has embassy appointment next week. Please, will this have any effect on his interview?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by folmus: 10:47am On Dec 07, 2016
Hello there,

I will like to know whether I can use the drop box option outside of Nigeria, by sending my passport to Lagos, Via DHL. My visa expires January 2016 and I am presently working in Oman. I will like to attend the TESOL Convention in Seattle next year March.

Can I send apply online and send my passport via DHL to Nigeria?

I look forward to hearing from you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:21pm On Dec 07, 2016
folmus:
Hello there,

I will like to know whether I can use the drop box option outside of Nigeria, by sending my passport to Lagos, Via DHL. My visa expires January 2016 and I am presently working in Oman. I will like to attend the TESOL Convention in Seattle next year March.

Can I send apply online and send my passport via DHL to Nigeria?

I look forward to hearing from you.

No, you must reside in Nigeria to apply via dropbox here.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:22pm On Dec 07, 2016
unapologetic:
Hello VO. I'm sponsoring my junior brother who is just 2 years younger than me for his masters in the US. the bank statement i intend to give him is not my salary account . I'm a Pilot for the Nigeria Police force and i've worked for a civilian company before i joined NPF, i am also a shareholder in a start up company that has gone mega.. i do business of any kind (legitimate ranging from farming, car sales e.t.c) that will bring in money , hence the inconsistencies in the statement i intend to give him. Will this affect his application? he has embassy appointment next week. Please, will this have any effect on his interview?

He should be able to explain that at the interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by folmus: 3:14pm On Dec 07, 2016
abujaniv:

No, you must reside in Nigeria to apply via dropbox here.

Thank you. Can I do that during my vacation in Nigeria?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by unapologetic: 10:04am On Dec 08, 2016
Good morning VO,

While going through my brothers I20 which only just arrived some days ago, due to the mistake made by the school in sending it to a wrong address initially. I made a discovery that the end of his degree program was 2017 instead of 2021. So, I emailed the admission officer and she apologised for the error and offer to send another one , but my brother's interview is already booked for next week. Will this error in the i20 affect his visa interview ?

Thank you and I hope to get a response from you soon.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 11:09am On Dec 08, 2016
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:23pm On Dec 08, 2016
folmus:

Thank you. Can I do that during my vacation in Nigeria?

If you don't live in Nigeria it's best to come in for an interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:24pm On Dec 08, 2016
unapologetic:
Good morning VO,

While going through my brothers I20 which only just arrived some days ago, due to the mistake made by the school in sending it to a wrong address initially. I made a discovery that the end of his degree program was 2017 instead of 2021. So, I emailed the admission officer and she apologised for the error and offer to send another one , but my brother's interview is already booked for next week. Will this error in the i20 affect his visa interview ?

Thank you and I hope to get a response from you soon.

He should be able to explain at the interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 12:49pm On Dec 08, 2016
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by KaptainAfrika: 3:05pm On Dec 08, 2016
Dear Visa Officer,
1. I wish to apply for an expedited visa interview for my wife, how do I go about this?

2. I wish to also find out, if visa applicants can be interviewed by the same Visa Officer more than once? My wife was interviewed by the same Visa officer who interviewed her, in her previous application.

cc: abujaniv
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by KaptainAfrika: 9:54pm On Dec 08, 2016
Dear Visa Officer,
1. I wish to apply for an expedited visa interview for my wife, how do I go about this?

2. I wish to also find out, if visa applicants can be interviewed by the same Visa Officer more than once? My wife was interviewed by the same Visa officer who interviewed her, in her previous application.

Thanks.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by AyaMide: 11:06pm On Dec 08, 2016
Dear VO, thank you for your time
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:28am On Dec 09, 2016
KaptainAfrika:
Dear Visa Officer,

1. Emergency appointments are for medical and humanitarian purposes only. You must first book an appointment and then request an expedite. Please follow the directions on http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/

2. No, they can't, and no, she wasn't. We can see who interviewed you previously and ensure a new officer reviews your case. When an applicant feels they have been interviewed by the same person twice, they are mistaken.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by def111(m): 10:47am On Dec 09, 2016
abujaniv:

2. No, they can't, and no, she wasn't. We can see who interviewed you previously and ensure a new officer reviews your case. When an applicant feels they have been interviewed by the same person twice, they are mistaken.

this is very true, it happen to my cousin, he was interview and the VO refuse him. next time he apply same VO interview him again, and after him, have I interview you before,.. he said yes, and the vo told him to wait outside for next VO to interview him
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tribeD: 10:53am On Dec 09, 2016
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by TimoBriggs: 2:04pm On Dec 09, 2016
@AbujaNIV,

Dear VO,

My wife is the US and is due to return on the 14th next week. She actually had given birth in the US, but the challenge is that there's not enough sufficient time to get a Nigeria VISA for the infant. To allow for VISA application , we need to change the departure dates by at least a few days, but the challenge is that the earliest available flight for emirates out of the US now is 29th. The problem is she was stamped in for 3months to leave the US on the 26th., the only available out is 29th. but by then she would have just been 3 months instead of six like other people

Kindly advise.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:46pm On Dec 09, 2016
@AbujaNIV

Does the US Embassy recognise Islamic Marriage Certificates?

Regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by iphyconsult: 9:19am On Dec 10, 2016
Good day,

I am a grad student currently in US with F1 visa which expire by August 2017. My I20 is 2015-2020. I really don't plan going to Nigeria sometimes soon but due to my nature of research, It's possible I travel to Canada and Germany for conferences. I understand I will need to get a visa for the countries.
My concern now is after my visa expires by August 2017, how can I renew my visa for the short visit outside US?
Can I use the dropbox to apply for a new visa while in US before August 2017?

Please advise.

Sincerely
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by EzekielBams(m): 10:38pm On Dec 10, 2016
Hello i just got applied to a college in California and i am 28 years old and i just got my I-20 so i want to know will my age affect chances of me getting a visa? and i dont have a strong ties yet cos i just finish my Nd program and the lastly i was denied b1/b2 visa in december and will be going for F1 visa interview on the 13 dec 2016 and i have a valid reason for while i am applying for both hope it wont affect my visa?

(1) (2) (3) ... (140) (141) (142) (143) (144) (145) (146) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.