Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,855 members, 7,806,418 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 04:16 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (150) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (817846 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Sammy740: 6:57am On Jan 12, 2017
@ abujaniv,
I just want to be sure, thanks for responding.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by DebsMed: 8:22am On Jan 12, 2017
Good morning to you dear VO,

A quick one here please. Hubby has been to the US a few times before but currently has as an unused, renewed B1/B2 visa that is about to expire (there hasn't been much opportunity to make a US trip even though he has been to the UAE and South Africa with me in 2015 and 2016 respectively). He just got a ticket to go do 10 days in the US from next week because we initially heard visa won't be renewed successfully if not used, he will arrive US about a day or two to expiration date.
Hope this date of arrival wouldn't pose any issues for him at the POE particularly at this time as per change of leadership in the US? Or should he worry less and move his travel date till when he renews his visa, how easy will this renewal process be too without him using the previously issued visa at all yet? Thanks for what you do here to help us out.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by spikearlo: 6:15pm On Jan 12, 2017
Good day VO.
Thumbs up for the good work!. I am qualified for the drop box. After filling out the ds160 and making the necessary payment for visa application fee,do i have to schedule an appointment to use the drop box or i should just send the ds160confirmation page , visa payment receipt and int'l passport and supporting doument through designated dhl. thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by donchuky(m): 6:39pm On Jan 12, 2017
I applied for visa renewal with my wife thorough dropbox. The first visa was granted to us before my wife took in and I notified the embassy for change of travel intention. Mine visa was granted but my wife given a 221g form and requested for another interview. Do we need to go to interview with any other supporting documents?.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by opeyemi47(f): 7:33pm On Jan 12, 2017
Dear VO
I want to apply for B-2 visa ( medical) to give birth.
My husband is working in QATAR and he is my sponsor. Will his Qatar statement of account be accepted?
Thanks
Opeyemi
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:35pm On Jan 12, 2017
Hello driversconnect. It is not compulsory.

driversconnect:
Good day, you are doing a nice job putting Nigerians through. I am 26 years of age, Male and engage I want to travel to USA and spend my annual leave over there, will be there for just two weeks. I work at the Local Government and I have been there for 2 years now. My question: is it a must I have travel experience before I can be granted a visa because someone said it is compulsory and I have not travel out of the country before.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:37pm On Jan 12, 2017
Hi DebsMed. As long as you're otherwise qualified for dropbox, not using the visa is not a disqualifier.

DebsMed:

A quick one here please. Hubby has been to the US a few times before but currently has as an unused, renewed B1/B2 visa that is about to expire (there hasn't been much opportunity to make a US trip even though he has been to the UAE and South Africa with me in 2015 and 2016 respectively). He just got a ticket to go do 10 days in the US from next week because we initially heard visa won't be renewed successfully if not used, he will arrive US about a day or two to expiration date.
Hope this date of arrival wouldn't pose any issues for him at the POE particularly at this time as per change of leadership in the US? Or should he worry less and move his travel date till when he renews his visa, how easy will this renewal process be too without him using the previously issued visa at all yet? Thanks for what you do here to help us out.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:38pm On Jan 12, 2017
Hello spikearlo. Don't make an appointment if you're going with the dropbox option. That's the whole point.

spikearlo:
Good day VO.
Thumbs up for the good work!. I am qualified for the drop box. After filling out the ds160 and making the necessary payment for visa application fee,do i have to schedule an appointment to use the drop box or i should just send the ds160confirmation page , visa payment receipt and int'l passport and supporting doument through designated dhl. thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:40pm On Jan 12, 2017
Hi donchuky. After the fact e-mails to the Embassy/Consulate about "change of intent" don't change anything. What is evaluated is an applicant's honesty at the visa interview and point of entry and how the visa was used.

donchuky:
I applied for visa renewal with my wife thorough dropbox. The first visa was granted to us before my wife took in and I notified the embassy for change of travel intention. Mine visa was granted but my wife given a 221g form and requested for another interview. Do we need to go to interview with any other supporting documents?.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:41pm On Jan 12, 2017
Greetings opeyemi47. If you are going for medical treatment, you may be asked how you intend to pay for said treatment. How you demonstrate that is up to you.

opeyemi47:
Dear VO
I want to apply for B-2 visa ( medical) to give birth.
My husband is working in QATAR and he is my sponsor. Will his Qatar statement of account be accepted?
Thanks
Opeyemi
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:49pm On Jan 12, 2017
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by yelanst(m): 8:31am On Jan 13, 2017
Kudos for all your support to visa applicants.
Please kindly advice me on this matter. I am a co-founder/staff of a company ``A``, and I want to attend a career development workshop in the USA that is related to my role in this company A, but, the company A being in its rudimentary/growth stage, my income from it is limited to the small amount in the form of profit sharing from the little contracts we execute.
Again, there is another company ``B`` which I am the CEO/founder and which has good financial standing. (Also a company ``C ``whose factory is still under construction, which I happen to be a co-founder)

Now bearing in mind that this workshop is related to my role in company A and will be self-sponsored,my questions:

(1) Will it be proper for me to fill in my role in company A as my primary occupation and the name of company A as my primary employer in the form D160, while I tender company B account statement to affirm my ability to sponsor the trip?
(2).If the case in question ``1`` above is valid, how do I handle the monthly income part in the form D160?
(3). What documents need to accompany me to the interview?
(4) Should I go to the the interview with the CAC registration documents of the three companies (ie A, B, AND C)?

You response will be of immense value to me. Thanks and cheers.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dadekunle: 2:10pm On Jan 13, 2017
. Thank you for your response. I am just going to be there for a ministration which will not last more than 7 days. In that case do I still need someone to petition me? Please clarify.

quote author=abujaniv post=52687831]Hello dadekunle. The activities you are describing sound like those of a religious worker, which requires an R1 visa. This requires a petitioner in the US to make an application to USCIS.

[/quote]
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shungin: 4:07pm On Jan 13, 2017
Hello All,

I have applied for US Permanent residency which would take up to 10 years.

Hence is it advisable for me to apply for Visitor's Visa at the American Embassy

Thanks in anticipation of your timely response

Regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Torontoparrot(m): 7:09pm On Jan 13, 2017
abujaniv:
Hi donchuky. After the fact e-mails to the Embassy/Consulate about "change of intent" don't change anything. What is evaluated is an applicant's honesty at the visa interview and point of entry and how the visa was used.

Dear AbujaNIV, I would like to know how to go about this , I have a valid b1/b2 visa , now I want to apply for my kids to accompany on my next trip to the USA, how do I get this done as they are minors
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by farastrongman: 9:49am On Jan 14, 2017
Dear AbujaNiv,

Thanks for your advice on the forum.

Please I like to find out my eligibility for B1/B2 visa.

I have an immigrant petition by my father who is a US citizen. The petition has been approved since 2007, however now, I'm an adult, I work in the bank and I have traveled to different countries recently UK, Ireland, Germany etc. I want to visit US just on vacation. All my friends and colleagues at work have been to US but I hv been denied twice about 4 years ago because of the petition.

I want to apply now just to visit, do I stand a chance please?

Note I'm still single.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:21pm On Jan 14, 2017
Hello yelanst. Documents are not required, and in all likelihood will not be examined even if you bring them. Don't overthink the questions. Just answer what you consider to be your primary occupation and what kind of income you take home each month. Be prepared to explain if there are follow-up questions at the interview. Honesty rings true.

yelanst:
Kudos for all your support to visa applicants.
Please kindly advice me on this matter. I am a co-founder/staff of a company ``A``, and I want to attend a career development workshop in the USA that is related to my role in this company A, but, the company A being in its rudimentary/growth stage, my income from it is limited to the small amount in the form of profit sharing from the little contracts we execute.
Again, there is another company ``B`` which I am the CEO/founder and which has good financial standing. (Also a company ``C ``whose factory is still under construction, which I happen to be a co-founder)

Now bearing in mind that this workshop is related to my role in company A and will be self-sponsored,my questions:

(1) Will it be proper for me to fill in my role in company A as my primary occupation and the name of company A as my primary employer in the form D160, while I tender company B account statement to affirm my ability to sponsor the trip?
(2).If the case in question ``1`` above is valid, how do I handle the monthly income part in the form D160?
(3). What documents need to accompany me to the interview?
(4) Should I go to the the interview with the CAC registration documents of the three companies (ie A, B, AND C)?

You response will be of immense value to me. Thanks and cheers.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:23pm On Jan 14, 2017
Hello dadekunle. More information can be found here:
https://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/temporary-workers/r-1-temporary-religious-workers/r-1-temporary-nonimmigrant-religious-workers
It is not legal to work on a B1/B2 visa.

dadekunle:
. Thank you for your response. I am just going to be there for a ministration which will not last more than 7 days. In that case do I still need someone to petition me? Please clarify.

quote author=abujaniv post=52687831]Hello dadekunle. The activities you are describing sound like those of a religious worker, which requires an R1 visa. This requires a petitioner in the US to make an application to USCIS.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:29pm On Jan 14, 2017
Hello shungin. The existence of a pending IV petition is not necessarily a preclusion to qualification for a non-immigrant visa. However, it is likely to be brought up at the interview, should you apply.

shungin:
Hello All,

I have applied for US Permanent residency which would take up to 10 years.

Hence is it advisable for me to apply for Visitor's Visa at the American Embassy

Thanks in anticipation of your timely response

Regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:31pm On Jan 14, 2017
Greetings Torontoparrot. The minor children will need separate applications, fee receipts, and will need to be accompanied by a parent to an interview.

Torontoparrot:
Dear AbujaNIV, I would like to know how to go about this , I have a valid b1/b2 visa , now I want to apply for my kids to accompany on my next trip to the USA, how do I get this done as they are minors
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:33pm On Jan 14, 2017
Salutations farastrongman. The existence of a pending IV petition is not necessarily a preclusion to qualification for a non-immigrant visa. However, it is likely to be brought up at the interview, should you apply. We do not discuss chances on this forum.

farastrongman:
Dear AbujaNiv,

Thanks for your advice on the forum.

Please I like to find out my eligibility for B1/B2 visa.

I have an immigrant petition by my father who is a US citizen. The petition has been approved since 2007, however now, I'm an adult, I work in the bank and I have traveled to different countries recently UK, Ireland, Germany etc. I want to visit US just on vacation. All my friends and colleagues at work have been to US but I hv been denied twice about 4 years ago because of the petition.

I want to apply now just to visit, do I stand a chance please?

Note I'm still single.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ben4ever(m): 5:31pm On Jan 14, 2017
Thank you for your extra mile you have gone in providing counsel on this forum, i believe i am well informed now. i am currently trying to renew my two years visa B1/B2 Visa by myself which i used in visiting the US two years ago on a company sponsored training, however while fiilling the forms at the i used my company rep over there as a point of contact instead of my friend who i intend to visit and have submitted the application. i am worried if that will affect my application or do i go ahead with a fresh application. thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:43pm On Jan 14, 2017
Hi ben4ever. It sounds like you are eligible for dropbox renewal. If you are asked to come in for an interview, just explain the change in US contact information.

ben4ever:
Thank you for your extra mile you have gone in providing counsel on this forum, i believe i am well informed now. i am currently trying to renew my two years visa B1/B2 Visa by myself which i used in visiting the US two years ago on a company sponsored training, however while fiilling the forms at the i used my company rep over there as a point of contact instead of my friend who i intend to visit and have submitted the application. i am worried if that will affect my application or do i go ahead with a fresh application. thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:06pm On Jan 14, 2017
Hello,
I have a B1/B2 visa that is valid til april this year and my passport is gonna expire feb 2017 would like to renew my passport and also change my surname due to marriage.
Can I stil renew my visa via dropbox with the change of name on the new passport and how soon should I do that.
All neccessary document's are avaliable
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by DebsMed: 12:00am On Jan 15, 2017
abujaniv:
Hi DebsMed. As long as you're otherwise qualified for dropbox, not using the visa is not a disqualifier.

Yes, understood even much better now, we heard wrongly initially and that was corrected along the line, and you have sealed that correction for us now. Thanks dear VO.

DebsMed:

Hope this date of arrival wouldn't pose any issues for him at the POE particularly at this time as per change of leadership in the US
? Or should he worry less and move his travel date till when he renews his visa, how easy will this renewal process be too without him using the previously issued visa at all yet? Thanks for what you do here to help us out.

However, your response to the bolded will be appreciated, just to help us in decision making just in case he is all clear at work and decide to still use the ticket already purchased to make the trip. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 2011HajjWeber(m): 9:54am On Jan 15, 2017
Dear VO,
Thanks for the great work and information you are giving to intending NIV Applicants.
My question is what is maximum time you can do a dropbox for B1/B2 Visa renewal. For my wife, my 3 children and my visa expired 13th January 2017. Can we wait
Up to a year before we apply for renewal using dropbox.
Thanks for your superlative support on NIV issues.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nettuno: 11:05am On Jan 15, 2017
Please VO, it was the notice of approval of form I-129 for Non-immigrant visa that bears Lagos consulate. I will be in Abuja for sometime. Do I still need to go back to Lagos and schedule the interview there or can I schedule the interview here in Abuja? Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jordanese: 11:51am On Jan 15, 2017
Dear Vo,

Is it true that USA does not issue visa to car dealers in Nigeria? Please educate us on this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (147) (148) (149) (150) (151) (152) (153) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.