Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,147,934 members, 7,799,162 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 04:18 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (158) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (817079 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Talliusceciro12: 5:54pm On Feb 13, 2017
Hello Officer,
Please is partaking in the Diversity lottery an immigrant intent? It seems officers place more emphasis on that and then refuse applicants who have entered the Diversity Lottery before.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:25pm On Feb 13, 2017
Hi Talliusceciro12. Having applied for the diversity visa is not a disqualifier for a nonimmigrant visa. Plenty of former diversity visa applicants have subsequently qualified for tourist visas. It may be brought up in the interview, and fraud committed during the diversity visa process will not be looked upon favorably.

Talliusceciro12:
Hello Officer,
Please is partaking in the Diversity lottery an immigrant intent? It seems officers place more emphasis on that and then refuse applicants who have entered the Diversity Lottery before.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mamababe(f): 10:39pm On Feb 13, 2017
[quote author=abujaniv post=53577006]Hello mamababe. Birth tourism is legal in the US provided you are open about your intent and able to pay the medical expenses (for you and the child) in full. Keep in mind, US medical care can be very expensive, and costs can escalate dramatically if there are complications. The standard B1/B2 tourist visa is the appropriate visa. At the visa interview and at the port of entry, you may be asked to show correspondence with Nigerian and US doctors as well as evidence that you have sufficient funds to pay for the treatment.

[/quote

Thank you for your previous response to my inquiry. I do have correspondence from my Nigerian Dr, but the Dr i intend to use in the email said they do not send any correspondence all enquiries are answered on the phone or you book an appointment to see the Dr. My Question is, would this affect my chances if i do not have any correspondence from the Dr in the US.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:49pm On Feb 13, 2017
Tumiliciou918:
Hello @Abujaniv
I have a B1/B2 valid visa till april 2017 but was issued on my passport which bears my maiden name but now expired.Pleease, wil like to know if am stil gonna be eligible for Dropbox using my renewed passport issued in my hubby's name.
Thanks sir

Thanks for your response sir
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:14pm On Feb 13, 2017
Hello mamababe. We do not speak of "chances" on this forum. We've told you what to expect, the rest is up to you.

[quote author=mamababe post=53689189][/quote]
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by pjnaira: 11:16pm On Feb 13, 2017
Can i apply for US Visa with Virgin Passport base on IT Conference. Any useful information plssssssssssssssss
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:06am On Feb 14, 2017
Hola pjnaira. The term "virgin passport" is so distasteful. It seems to imply that people should fill up their passport with useless travel or, even worse, counterfeit endorsements. Plenty of applicants with no travel have qualified for US visas. So your answer is yssssssssssssss.

pjnaira:
Can i apply for US Visa with Virgin Passport base on IT Conference. Any useful information plssssssssssssssss

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by pjnaira: 12:14am On Feb 14, 2017
Thanks. May God bless you(Amen)
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Mamali1(f): 4:54am On Feb 14, 2017
Hello visa officer,
I am a green card holder who won the visa lottery.i came back home in 2015 and got married and we are still waiting. I have already put in his application and want to know if he can apply for a visit visa
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by debollini(m): 7:29am On Feb 14, 2017
Good morning,

I recently apply for a US Visa, i registered a profile and booked an appointment for my wife and i yesterday, however i have not been able to registered my 6 yr old daughter as the profile page is responding with this error message

Errors

Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.
User could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last Name are entered as they are in your passport.

i am of the opinion that there should be a way to book a family appointment through my profile, am i wrong? since this too did not respond (message on the site....operation inactive or something like that)

should i attend the interview with my daughter based on my appointment? or should i continue to wait until the site is responsive and i can now register her own profile? do i use my e mail or open an e mail for her? please note that the date and timing for our own interview may no longer be available by the time the site becomes responsive, what do i do? please what do i do?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by JonJon2017: 8:37am On Feb 14, 2017
Dear VO,

My wife, two year old son and I were issued a b1b2 visa which we have utilised for vacation, however my wife's sister, who is a U.S citizen wants to adopt our son so that he can live with her in the U.S.

Kindly advise if a private adoption will affect our visas, as we do not want to do anything that may affect our visa.

Regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by arewabirin(f): 12:41pm On Feb 14, 2017
Hello Admin
Pls i want to get some things clear, when someone is been denied a B1/ B2 visa and the person is advised to reapply if still interested and it states in the blue paper given that you can only reapply when your circumstance changes ,i would like to know exactly what that means and then
Is it also possible or advisable to reapply for a B1/B2 visit visa with another invitee (that is the person am going to visit) different from the first applicatin, i hope u understand . Mr A invited me and i was denied so i want to reapply again with Mr. B as the invitee. Hope there's no issue with that
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:02pm On Feb 14, 2017
Hello Mamali1. First of all, green card holders can not be absent from the US for more than a year, lest they lose that status. It is a high hurdle to qualify for a non-immigrant visa if at the same time one is demonstrating their expressed intent to immigrate through an immigrant visa.

Mamali1:
Hello visa officer,
I am a green card holder who won the visa lottery.i came back home in 2015 and got married and we are still waiting. I have already put in his application and want to know if he can apply for a visit visa
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:04pm On Feb 14, 2017
Hello debollini. This question is best addressed to customer support. Every visa applicant needs their own application and fee receipt.

debollini:
Good morning,

I recently apply for a US Visa, i registered a profile and booked an appointment for my wife and i yesterday, however i have not been able to registered my 6 yr old daughter as the profile page is responding with this error message

Errors

Your request cannot be processed at this time. The site administrator has been alerted.
User could not be created. Please ensure First Name and Last Name are entered as they are in your passport.

i am of the opinion that there should be a way to book a family appointment through my profile, am i wrong? since this too did not respond (message on the site....operation inactive or something like that)

should i attend the interview with my daughter based on my appointment? or should i continue to wait until the site is responsive and i can now register her own profile? do i use my e mail or open an e mail for her? please note that the date and timing for our own interview may no longer be available by the time the site becomes responsive, what do i do? please what do i do?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:09pm On Feb 14, 2017
Hello JonJon2017. International adoption can be a lengthy and complex process. For information as it pertains to Nigeria, please see:
https://travel.state.gov/content/adoptionsabroad/en/country-information/learn-about-a-country/nigeria.html
It is very important to follow the laws of all countries involved. If you don't, the penalties could be much more severe than losing your visa--you could be arrested and charged with human trafficking.

JonJon2017:
Dear VO,

My wife, two year old son and I were issued a b1b2 visa which we have utilised for vacation, however my wife's sister, who is a U.S citizen wants to adopt our son so that he can live with her in the U.S.

Kindly advise if a private adoption will affect our visas, as we do not want to do anything that may affect our visa.

Regards.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:27pm On Feb 14, 2017
Hello arewabirin. The letter is pretty clear-cut: If you choose to reapply, you should be prepared to provide information that was not presented in your original application, or to demonstrate that your circumstances have changed since that application. There's no ambiguity in that sentence.
Applicants qualify on their own merits; it rarely has anything to do with who may be inviting them.

arewabirin:
Hello Admin
Pls i want to get some things clear, when someone is been denied a B1/ B2 visa and the person is advised to reapply if still interested and it states in the blue paper given that you can only reapply when your circumstance changes ,i would like to know exactly what that means and then
Is it also possible or advisable to reapply for a B1/B2 visit visa with another invitee (that is the person am going to visit) different from the first applicatin, i hope u understand . Mr A invited me and i was denied so i want to reapply again with Mr. B as the invitee. Hope there's no issue with that
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by FabioRomani: 5:51pm On Feb 14, 2017
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:18pm On Feb 14, 2017
I advise her to come onto this forum and ask her own questions.

FabioRomani:
Dear VO,

A Nigerian woman gave birth in the U.S, and the baby was admitted in the hospital, Afterwards, she paid her own hospital bills and is contemplating taking MassHealth to cover the baby's hospital bills given that he is a U.S citizen.

Please what will be the implication of her action as she doesn't want to abuse her visa, so she needs guidance.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by FabioRomani: 6:27pm On Feb 14, 2017
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by JaneDoe32117: 6:45pm On Feb 14, 2017
abujaniv:
I advise her to come onto this forum and ask her own questions.

Dear VO,

Our baby was admitted for two days after birth in the hospital. We are contemplating taking MassHealth and do not want to make a mistake.

Please advise.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:59pm On Feb 14, 2017
Hello JaneDoe32117. Visitors to the US are expected to pay the full costs of any health care costs they incur. As the parents, you incur the costs of having a baby in the US. Medicaid is paid for by US taxpayers and is intended for indigent families--it is not free health care for all Americans.

JaneDoe32117:

Dear VO,

Poster above is my husband and we really need your advice.

Our baby was admitted for two days after birth in the hospital. We are contemplating taking MassHealth and do not want to make a mistake.

Please advise.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by JaneDoe32117: 7:02pm On Feb 14, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello JaneDoe32117. Visitors to the US are expected to pay the full costs of any health care costs they incur. As the parents, you incur the costs of having a baby in the US. Medicaid is paid for by US taxpayers and is intended for indigent families--it is not free health care for all Americans.

Thanks a lot.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by burgessdon(m): 8:18pm On Feb 14, 2017
I want to confirm whether the embassy still accept ds160 without uploaded picture on it
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:21pm On Feb 14, 2017
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/index.html?firstTime=No

Effective immediately, visa applicants who do not upload their photos when submitting their DS-160 visa application will be turned away and advised to complete their application by uploading a proper photo. This will usually require the rescheduling of their appointment. The process for uploading photos is easy and is thoroughly explained in our on-line application. Avoid disappointment and delay—upload your photo as part of your visa application!

burgessdon:
I want to confirm whether the embassy still accept ds160 without uploaded picture on it
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:24pm On Feb 14, 2017
Hello kujix101. Questions like this are best addressed to customer support, at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com

kujix101:

Hello, I also face this problem. I intend travelling to US with my wife this summer. We both have paid and filled our respective for DS-160. However, while I was able to book a visa appointment for myself, my wife's keep returning the same error message stated here.
I can neither add her to mine nor create a new account for her. I am guessing this is a technical challenge which I already reported to the via email but I neither got an acknowledgement nor a a resolution. Kindly assist on how to possibly go about this issue as time is ticking, my appointment has been booked and I can't go without my wife.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by obanqua(m): 8:31pm On Feb 14, 2017
Hello,

I intend visiting the US soon, I have a cousin who is a US citizen, willing and able to support my application.
Please what documents are required for my application?
I have never been in the US.
Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Smartest22: 12:18am On Feb 15, 2017
Hello, nice work you are doing here. I and my husband want to apply for tourist visa to the US. His visa just expired and I have not applied for a US visa before. Please do we apply together or should he do the Dropbox while I go for the visa interview alone?
Thanks for your response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Hay4Happle: 6:54am On Feb 15, 2017
Hello VO. I have a question regarding J1 visas, and would be grateful of your help.

I am a doctor and have been accepted into a residency program in the U.S. I would like to apply for a J1 visa as I would like to return to Nigeria after completing my residency, and also would be subject to the two- year home residency requirement.

My husband also resides and works in Nigeria and we have agreed it would be better in the long run that he does not relocate, as he is doing very well here. He does have a Tourist visa. The plan is for him to visit at least every other month for 1-2 weeks.

Would he be in violation of his visitor's visa based on the frequency and duration of his planned visits, or would you advise he file for a J2 visa under my J1?

Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.