Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,425 members, 7,800,908 topics. Date: Thursday, 18 April 2024 at 08:51 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (817259 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Gbemmy121(m): 12:24pm On Nov 17, 2014
Hello VO.

I am new on Nairaland and i have just been given an admission on to study Computer Science in the Us.
I have so many things bordering my mind and i dont know whom to ask.
I am a 30 year old guy and i think my age will disturb me to study as a freshman in the US.
Also the my school does take it compulsory for me to Take Toefl and SAT but some says that it is compulsory for take them.
Please shed some light on this issue.

Thanks

I went for my interview last week. But there was an American Lady in her late 20's, for know reason she denied me. I want to seek an advice pls what should i do i next. Am bound to resume class spring 2015.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by nbxx: 7:03am On Nov 18, 2014
Hi, I want my sister and her family to visit me in US. My sister visa has been refused a total of 5 times, 3 times for F1 application in 2005 and 2 times for tourist visa(2007 and 2009)on ground of 214(b). Last time when i was graduating i invited my mom and sister, they gave my mom the visa but refused my sister. Here are the facts, my sister is not working anymore after having a baby and her husband has a government job which pays okay but not great. They have a lease for their apartment, has been living there for few years, my sister partly owns a family house which is 60yrs old. their whole life is there but no sure how to convience the consular that she only wants to visit me for a short duration.
My brother-in-law and my niece have never applied for any visa. Should I ask them to go together or separately? I don't want them to get refusal because of my sisters refusal history.
Now, i am a US citizen and my sister is eligible for immigrant visa but I have not applied for her, is this enough reason to show that she is not interested anymore to come here? Please advise what kind of documents will be helpful to show ties and not intend to immigrate? All my family is back home just me here. I can sponsor them for their visit.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by DoraTosh(f): 11:59pm On Nov 18, 2014
Hello VO,

I applied for a B1/B2 visa twice and was denied on grounds that I don't have strong ties here in Nigeria,all in Us embassy Abuja.I never changed any information in my DS160.First was to visit my fiance who is US citizen,My wedding was to be held in July 2014 but denied the 2nd time.we pushed the wedding to September here in Nigeria.I applied for another visa interview to visit my husband and get to meet his family this holiday season.
My interview date was 22 Oct. 2014,after the interview ,the consular took my husband's biodata page,my marriage certificate and my passport,I was given a slip stating that my case needs additional administrative processing.its almost 1month now and no word from the embassy.Is there a way to expediate this as my husband is worried.Here is my case number AA004EKSBI.
Hope to hear from you soon and thanks for the good job you doing here.God bless
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 9jabiggurl: 9:33am On Nov 19, 2014
Good morning VO...

I would like to ask this question on behalf of a male friend....

He is a Muslim(that's his religion) with two wives, he has an existing visa into the united state of America with his first wife, the visa was obtained this year...They have used the visa on holiday purpose...

His question is can he also apply/sponsor his second wife for a B1/B2 Visa? as she is presently pregnant and willing to have the baby in US....

Thanks as your response will be highly appreciated
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by justwise(m): 10:56am On Nov 19, 2014
UPDATE!!!

The VO is having internet connecting problem and will be back as soon as the problem is sorted out. There is no fixed date to this but he will be back.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Vuitton007: 12:09pm On Nov 19, 2014
hello All, my interview is tmao at the lagos Us embassy. am hearing i cant go in with my hand bag, how about my car keys? as i can leave evrythg in d car and jus go in with only my docs and car key, is this possible?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by fingerfoodco(f): 2:51pm On Nov 19, 2014
Good Day Visa Officer,

I am a student in my mid 20s currently studying a masters in the UK. I'ld like to apply for a visiting visa to go to the US for holiday during the easter period next year. Could you please be kind enough to answer my questions below.

1) I have been in the UK for about 3 months now and would like to know if it is advisabe to apply in the US embassy here or in Nigeria, as I am going home for the Christmas holiday.

2) If i were to apply in Lagos, how long does it take to process the visa during the holiday period as I have to consider my return date to the Uk in January.

3) I was refused a US Visa some years ago (that's the only time I have applied for a US visa) and I want to know if this will affect the VO's decision to give me a visa or not.

4) What do I need to show to prove that I am not an intending immigrant and that I have strong ties to my country or the UK if it is okay to apply here. I have some money from my dad's estate and I jointly own a property in Nigeria with my family where I get money from annually. I shift these monies from account to account, loan friends some, invest some, so the main account i use is up and down . Is it advisable to sponsor myself or for my parent to sponsor me as I currently do not have a job?

Thank you for your anticipated response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by layo23: 10:27am On Nov 20, 2014
Good day VO.I am going for f1 visa interview by december have gotten all my document including the i20.Am a graduate I studied microbiology,I got admission in Bsc Nursing in USA.Am just 22yrs just finished my Nysc program.Am so scared to face interview cz am a shy person.Pls wat else do I need to know b4 going for the interview.I have paid sevis fee n I have SAT test.Pls wat are d likely questions can dey ask,I want to post testimonies aftr.Pls guru in d house reply.thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shithapuns: 12:06pm On Nov 20, 2014
my wife applied few months ago to accompany me on a visit to usa {was on official assignment, and cudnt book our visa interview together], so she went 1 day after mine, well she was denied..VO said she isnt my wife, n didnt bother to see the marriage cert+introductory letter from my place of work, part of the confusion i think is that her passport still bears her maiden name.which if the VO agreed to look at her marriage cert/introduction letter it would hv been cleared, now i want her 2 reapply next yr, and to avoid any confusion, we intend to get her a new passport bearing her marital name {we intend to get a new passport as the change of name procedure for maiden passport is tedious and can only be done in abuja...]

note: she has uae and 1 african country visa in the old passport....wch we will looose if we get a new passport
so pls i want to know if there is any advice the good house can give me....thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Vuitton007: 3:52pm On Nov 21, 2014
i got my visa this morning.......... thank you Lord, thank you NL, thank you friends.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Vuitton007: 6:10pm On Nov 21, 2014
my friends name is rubicon007.

she has been rejected thrice, based on irregularities ranging from: known/unknown pple in the US and then other reasons best known to them, but the 3 refusals were referred to section 214(b)

Now rubicon wants to give it a try again, actually she has applied, filled and submitted the form, interview is stimes in dec BUT, she made a mistake in this submitted form, she has clicked no to knowing anyone in the US, where in her 3 previous applications she had clicked yes to knowing a family member, cousin and ofcourse her brother.

pls whats the best advice as she has to chnge that no to a yes befor her interveiw, all ur advice and suggestions are welcome like asap, thank you, i appreciate thesame support i was given here to be as well accorded to her.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:07am On Nov 26, 2014
lagdude:

Hi VO,thank you so much for the good work you doing right here.
Will it be advisable for me to book an appointment for visa interview in 1st week in December for a programme in the US that is scheduled for June 2015.
Thank you VO,awaiting your response.
Your brother can apply any time. Better to leave more time than less!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:08am On Nov 26, 2014
bj2012golf:
Hi

Please what how do I go about renewing my US visa? Do I need to complete the DS 160 form? If yes, do I go to the schedule appointment portal? Please the steps are needed

Thank you
Go to ustraveldocs.com/ng, and follow the steps. It's easy!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:10am On Nov 26, 2014
2unxy:
hello VO

Am so delighted with all the response have been reading here and I pray God will solve your own problems too...

my case is that I have been applying for visa for like 3 times and had been rejected so my fiancée thought am rejected because my passport is fresh ( av not traveled outside Nigeria before ).

He paid someone to help us get a Dubai stamp on it and I went to d embassy last month ( Oct 2014) and the interviewer discovered that the stamp that man put on my passport was fake so I was rejected....

I know I can't use the passport again so we are planing getting a new one and my fiancée don't want me to go through that mistake again so we both plan to visit Dubai for real and my company is sending me on a conference in Harvard next year April

am getting married in Dec this year which will make me have a change of name on my new passport .

my question is : hope getting a new passport I still stand a chance of going for the conference next year
and hope the mistake I made on my passport won't cause me a life ban from entering the united state .

thank u so much as I await a response from you

We don't comment on individual cases. Keep in mind that the notes from every interview remain in the system, however, so the fact that you presented a passport with a fake stamp will not go away.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:12am On Nov 26, 2014
Ummuslimah:
llo consular,
am new to the forum. Kindly assist me pls in ur advise
My fiancé filed for a K1 visa for me and my daughter in 2009 but we had a fight and in our second appearance at the U.S. embassy I was told he stopped te application. 4 years later we got back together and this year2014 he wants to invite me to visit him first .
My question
1.is does he av to write the embassy of our reunion or
2.should we assume they no longer have my denied application in their achives
3. He is saying he doesn't want to open up an already forgotten issue by the embassy if they no longer make reference to it
4.his work documents av been with me for six months now, can I still use that in December at the U.S. embassy?
I work now and earn a gud income and my daughter schools in Nigeria as well. Pls advise me accordingly. God bless u

The Embassy and Consulate keep all old records. All issued and denied applications remain in the system.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:14am On Nov 26, 2014
Ezemistic:
Hello VO,
Me, my wife and daughter did our visa interview today, at the end of the interview, the consular officer collected my bank statement and told us we will be contacted. He didn't ask much question.
VO: good morning
Us: good morning
VO: you were denied visa in April 2014 (in April 2014, our purpose of visit was same as today, but we didn't have doctor correspondence)
Me: yes
VO: what's your purpose of visit this time.
Me: vacation and childbirth
VO: childbirth is for your wife and not you, right
Me: yes ( with a smile)
VO: do you have doctor correspondence?
Me: yes ( I gave him email correspondence with hospital, letter of medical responsibility and 2-receipts from hospital & Ob/Gyn Doctor of 50% down payment for Hospital and for Physician bills).
VO: he read them
VO: your account statement ?
Me: I gave him
VO: (he left his seat with the account statement, spend about 3-mins and came back, and started typing for about 1-min)
VO: we will contact you later, don't pay any money, don't reapply.. We will contact you after further administrative processes t(he took only my bank statement and return other document to me) he also issue us a paper (221g) and mark the part that concern us,

The part marked says ," additional administrative processing is required. No further action on your part necessary. Consular section will contact you when the case is ready"

1) Pls VO, do you know how long the administrative process will take?
2) Do u know if they will consider our dec 9th departure date to US, and our doctor appointment date dec 11th?

My account statement in my previous interview was low, due to dubai trip with my family. But in this interview as a permanent staff of and oil & gas firm in PH, I used my current acct statement so as to show source of my monthly income, I was able to maintain btw 2.7 to 5.2 for the 4-months statement..

The amount of time it takes varies by person. You can always write to the Embassy or Consulate to inquire. Abuja is ConsularAbuja@state.gov, Lagos is LagosNIV@state.gov.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:19am On Nov 26, 2014
DoraTosh:
Hello VO,

I applied for a B1/B2 visa twice and was denied on grounds that I don't have strong ties here in Nigeria,all in Us embassy Abuja.I never changed any information in my DS160.First was to visit my fiance who is US citizen,My wedding was to be held in July 2014 but denied the 2nd time.we pushed the wedding to September here in Nigeria.I applied for another visa interview to visit my husband and get to meet his family this holiday season.
My interview date was 22 Oct. 2014,after the interview ,the consular took my husband's biodata page,my marriage certificate and my passport,I was given a slip stating that my case needs additional administrative processing.its almost 1month now and no word from the embassy.Is there a way to expediate this as my husband is worried.Here is my case number AA004EKSBI.
Hope to hear from you soon and thanks for the good job you doing here.God bless
You can write to ConsularAbuja@state.gov to inquire.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:21am On Nov 26, 2014
9jabiggurl:
Good morning VO...

I would like to ask this question on behalf of a male friend....

He is a Muslim(that's his religion) with two wives, he has an existing visa into the united state of America with his first wife, the visa was obtained this year...They have used the visa on holiday purpose...

His question is can he also apply/sponsor his second wife for a B1/B2 Visa? as she is presently pregnant and willing to have the baby in US....

Thanks as your response will be highly appreciated

The number of wives a man has is not a factor in non-immigrant visas. The second wife will just need to prove that she has strong ties to Nigeria and sufficient funds. Good luck!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:23am On Nov 26, 2014
fingerfoodco:
Good Day Visa Officer,

I am a student in my mid 20s currently studying a masters in the UK. I'ld like to apply for a visiting visa to go to the US for holiday during the easter period next year. Could you please be kind enough to answer my questions below.

1) I have been in the UK for about 3 months now and would like to know if it is advisabe to apply in the US embassy here or in Nigeria, as I am going home for the Christmas holiday.

2) If i were to apply in Lagos, how long does it take to process the visa during the holiday period as I have to consider my return date to the Uk in January.

3) I was refused a US Visa some years ago (that's the only time I have applied for a US visa) and I want to know if this will affect the VO's decision to give me a visa or not.

4) What do I need to show to prove that I am not an intending immigrant and that I have strong ties to my country or the UK if it is okay to apply here. I have some money from my dad's estate and I jointly own a property in Nigeria with my family where I get money from annually. I shift these monies from account to account, loan friends some, invest some, so the main account i use is up and down . Is it advisable to sponsor myself or for my parent to sponsor me as I currently do not have a job?

Thank you for your anticipated response.

It is always better to apply in your home country, so that would be Nigeria. It typically takes 3 - 4 business days to process the visa. Just explain your ties and finances to the VO. There is no magic bullet when it comes to proving ties. Good luck!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:24am On Nov 26, 2014
layo23:
Good day VO.I am going for f1 visa interview by december have gotten all my document including the i20.Am a graduate I studied microbiology,I got admission in Bsc Nursing in USA.Am just 22yrs just finished my Nysc program.Am so scared to face interview cz am a shy person.Pls wat else do I need to know b4 going for the interview.I have paid sevis fee n I have SAT test.Pls wat are d likely questions can dey ask,I want to post testimonies aftr.Pls guru in d house reply.thanks

Just bring all your documents, tell the truth, and be yourself. The VO will simply want to know that you are a legitimate student, have ties to Nigeria, and can pay for the schooling. Good luck!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:25am On Nov 26, 2014
shithapuns:
my wife applied few months ago to accompany me on a visit to usa {was on official assignment, and cudnt book our visa interview together], so she went 1 day after mine, well she was denied..VO said she isnt my wife, n didnt bother to see the marriage cert+introductory letter from my place of work, part of the confusion i think is that her passport still bears her maiden name.which if the VO agreed to look at her marriage cert/introduction letter it would hv been cleared, now i want her 2 reapply next yr, and to avoid any confusion, we intend to get her a new passport bearing her marital name {we intend to get a new passport as the change of name procedure for maiden passport is tedious and can only be done in abuja...]

note: she has uae and 1 african country visa in the old passport....wch we will looose if we get a new passport
so pls i want to know if there is any advice the good house can give me....thanks

She can always bring her old passport to the visa interview. Good luck!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:26am On Nov 26, 2014
Vuitton007:
i got my visa this morning.......... thank you Lord, thank you NL, thank you friends.

Congratulations!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:28am On Nov 26, 2014
REMINDER FROM THE EMBASSY AND CONSULATE

Hi NL,

Just a reminder, effective next Monday, the U.S. Mission to Nigeria will require that the DS-160 non-immigrant visa application confirmation number used to schedule visa interviews match the application confirmation page that is brought to the interview.

Applicants who do not meet these criteria will not be interviewed and will have to purchase a new fee receipt to book another appointment.

Full instructions on how to make an appointment for a non-immigrant visa interview are available on our website: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov.

Applicants with existing appointments in December and beyond should contact the CGI Call Center at +234 0144 06218 to make any necessary changes.

Good luck to you all!

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ummuslimah: 8:28am On Nov 26, 2014
abujaniv:

The Embassy and Consulate keep all old records. All issued and denied applications remain in the system.

Ma, he wants me to visit now, does he av to write the embassy of our reunion in an invitation letter and thus a visiting visa since my job now won't give me chance to go and stay with him for now( if we av to reopen the k1 visa)
Second question is since he's footing the travel expenses, can I still use his statement of account that has been with me since June 2014 or he needs to get a recent one for me.

NB I have up to 1.2million in my own account already
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by govman4: 8:43am On Nov 26, 2014
Hello VO,
Thanks for your good work,please I will like you to help me out with the list of document that my sponsor for visiting visa will provide for me or if you can share me the link of the page that I can get the information.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by 9jabiggurl: 9:04am On Nov 26, 2014
Dear VO,

My kids are American citizen, Myself and Husband want to renew our visas, in filling the form DS 160 do I need to indicate I am travelling with my kids?(though we may not). Just don't want to give the VO any reason to think we don't want to declare our kids or we do have something to hide, because I had them in the space of 2 years with my 2years B1/B2 visa.

We should qualify for a dropbox but i suspect they will call us in for interview because of my kids so we can show all our receipt of payment for child birth and didn't apply for medicaid.

Is there a record that will throw out my kids name under our names? if Yes, then I think its better we indicate in our forms that we are travelling with them (though we MAY or MAY NOT), so its clear that we have nothing to hide as we paid all fees during child birth.......

Please help
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Vicobaba123: 12:35pm On Nov 26, 2014
Hi VO,
I am married to a USC and my wife wants me to visit her during the Christmas holidays in the USA. Do you think applying for a Tourist visa is my best option because I am not planning to relocate to the USA instead my wife will be relocating to Nigeria sometime in April 2015 . I have a good job here in Nigeria, professional Civil engineer with two lovely kids from my previous marriage.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Bobbyz1: 2:22pm On Nov 26, 2014
Hi VO,

Many thanks for your commitment towards these insightful interactions. My question is quite straightforward. I am a widely traveled 31 year old single man. Over the past year, I've been on about 5 business trips to the UK mainly and other European countries as well. It has become necessary to visit the United States for the purpose of business meetings in February. Now my growing concern as I read through this extensive thread and others on this site is the fact that the embassy seems to places a lot of stock on your marital status as this establishes adequately, your tie to your home country. Can my extensive travel history make up for the fact that I'm unmarried or this would still raise eyebrows and dent my chances of a successful application. Thanks in advance.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.