Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,806 members, 7,802,574 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 04:34 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (179) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (817425 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ibrocoast: 8:57am On May 19, 2017
Hello visa officer...i have an interview come monday(3 days to go) which i wont be able to attend. I want to reschedule the appointment but someone told me that i cant reschedule it since it is closer to d appointment date.. That it must be 5 days to d date of the appointment. Pls what should i do? Am i going to pay another visa fee if i dont attend it?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by heckler(m): 9:46am On May 19, 2017
Good morning VO,

I submitted my passport to renew my US visa last week Friday at the DHL dropbox center. I was hoping I will be able to pick up my passport this Friday as I intend to travel on Sunday. However, anytime I try to track my passport, what I keep getting is "Your passport is being delivered to post".

I read somewhere that this means that my passport has not gotten to the consulate yet. Please advice on what could have gone wrong.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kino47: 10:01am On May 19, 2017
Dear VO
What happens if your old visa was not cancelled after getting a new one(renewal)
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:07pm On May 19, 2017
Hello ibrocoast. Applicants are given one opportunity to change their appointment time. After that, you must pay the fee again. You'll have to contact customer service to see if you have enough time to change your date.

ibrocoast:
Hello visa officer...i have an interview come monday(3 days to go) which i wont be able to attend. I want to reschedule the appointment but someone told me that i cant reschedule it since it is closer to d appointment date.. That it must be 5 days to d date of the appointment. Pls what should i do? Am i going to pay another visa fee if i dont attend it?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:08pm On May 19, 2017
Hi heckler. You will need to inquire to customer service.

heckler:
Good morning VO,

I submitted my passport to renew my US visa last week Friday at the DHL dropbox center. I was hoping I will be able to pick up my passport this Friday as I intend to travel on Sunday. However, anytime I try to track my passport, what I keep getting is "Your passport is being delivered to post".

I read somewhere that this means that my passport has not gotten to the consulate yet. Please advice on what could have gone wrong.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:10pm On May 19, 2017
Hello kino47. Nothing happens. The old visa is considered cancelled as soon as it is expired. The "cancelled without prejudice" stamp is just an extra precaution.

kino47:
Dear VO
What happens if your old visa was not cancelled after getting a new one(renewal)
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by austinelex: 5:46pm On May 19, 2017
pls i fill in d b1b2 visa should i make a travel n medical insurance papers as part of my document wen going to d embersy n also about my clearance fee how do i explain to d vo dat my type of bussiness does not nid me to pay tax i nid a genuin advice pls
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:37pm On May 20, 2017
Hello austinelex. This is the second time you've asked this question, and I don't know how to make this any more clear. Documents. Are. Not. Required. We. Will. Not. Look. At. Any. Documents. You. Bring. Thank. You.

austinelex:
pls i fill in d b1b2 visa should i make a travel n medical insurance papers as part of my document wen going to d embersy n also about my clearance fee how do i explain to d vo dat my type of bussiness does not nid me to pay tax i nid a genuin advice pls

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by electronic(m): 9:48pm On May 20, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello austinelex. This is the second time you've asked this question, and I don't know how to make this any more clear. Documents. Are. Not. Required. We. Will. Not. Look. At. Any. Documents. You. Bring. Thank. You.

Noted!!!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by qpat: 10:13am On May 22, 2017
Hello ABUJANiv,Thanks for your kind advice.I finally made it to the US on a B1/B2 Visa to attend my conference and also visit my brother.It was swift free for me at the PoE, on the auto biometric kiosk, I could only see either B1 or B2 for my primary purpose of visit so I picked B1.My passport was stamped but I can't​ see the max duration granted at the PoE.I intend to stay 20days in total.Kindly advice.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ayomibare: 12:32pm On May 22, 2017
Hello VO.
I handed my passport and other documents to a travel agent 4 years ago to process my vacation in the US. Then he went ahead to put a fake Indian visa and told me to lie that I've travelled to India then during my interview.. I don't know if the vo discovered this.

I have since reported him to the police and got a new passport.. Now I'm trying to apply for a b1b2 for a friends mum birthday and vacation..

The question is how do I present my case to the VO and how do I prove being naive.. I have a wife and 3 kids and a very good job here in Nigeria.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:27pm On May 22, 2017
Hello qpat. The standard duration determined by Customs and Boarder Patrol is six months. You'll have to inquire with CBP to see if they have made a different determination. This website may have the answers:
https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home

qpat:
Hello ABUJANiv,Thanks for your kind advice.I finally made it to the US on a B1/B2 Visa to attend my conference and also visit my brother.It was swift free for me at the PoE, on the auto biometric kiosk, I could only see either B1 or B2 for my primary purpose of visit so I picked B1.My passport was stamped but I can't​ see the max duration granted at the PoE.I intend to stay 20days in total.Kindly advice.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:34pm On May 22, 2017
Hello Ayomibare. Don't try to shift blame. You presented forged documents as a true representation of yourself. And only recently, you've posted on another thread that you may go "to South Africa to spend a week, so I can fill it in my travel history" all to "move their focus away from this India fake visa issue." Rather than naivete, this looks more like a pattern of dishonesty and subterfuge.

Ayomibare:
Hello VO.
I handed my passport and other documents to a travel agent 4 years ago to process my vacation in the US. Then he went ahead to put a fake Indian visa and told me to lie that I've travelled to India then during my interview.. I don't know if the vo discovered this.

I have since reported him to the police and got a new passport.. Now I'm trying to apply for a b1b2 for a friends mum birthday and vacation..

The question is how do I present my case to the VO and how do I prove being naive.. I have a wife and 3 kids and a very good job here in Nigeria.

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ayomibare: 2:25pm On May 22, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Ayomibare. Don't try to shift blame. You presented forged documents as a true representation of yourself. And only recently, you've posted on another thread that you may go "to South Africa to spend a week, so I can fill it in my travel history" all to "move their focus away from this India fake visa issue." Rather than naivete, this looks more like a pattern of dishonesty and subterfuge.

I'm stranded that's why I'm looking for a way out.. This is a faceless forum so I have no reason to lie.. I have a lot of people that have been naive as well.. I am just suggesting if that can be a way out of this mess or leave this US visa thing for now..

So please advise what I can do.. I don't mind bringing the old passport along to the embassy
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by travelclub: 3:29pm On May 22, 2017
Hello,

I was issued a 2 years visa in 2015 but couldn't go all these while as I have been in and out of jobs. I secured one in February and finally planning my leave for September. Does it matter since I am doing dropbox? Will me not using the first one be an issue?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:48pm On May 22, 2017
Hello travelclub. Not using a visa is somewhat of a waste. That said, it's not a misuse of the visa. As long as it has expired within the past 12 months, you would be eligible for the interview waiver program.

travelclub:
Hello,

I was issued a 2 years visa in 2015 but couldn't go all these while as I have been in and out of jobs. I secured one in February and finally planning my leave for September. Does it matter since I am doing dropbox? Will me not using the first one be an issue?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by travelclub: 4:02pm On May 22, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello travelclub. Not using a visa is somewhat of a waste. That said, it's not a misuse of the visa. As long as it has expired within the past 12 months, you would be eligible for the interview waiver program.

Thank you so much and yes I know it was a waste and it totally sucks. However, it wasn't in my control. It has not even expired, it will expire in July but can only go on leave from September. I plan to submit tomorrow. Do I have to wait till it expires?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:35pm On May 22, 2017
No, you do not have to wait to apply for renewal.

travelclub:

Thank you so much and yes I know it was a waste and it totally sucks. However, it wasn't in my control. It has not even expired, it will expire in July but can only go on leave from September. I plan to submit tomorrow. Do I have to wait till it expires?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ayomibare: 6:02pm On May 22, 2017
abujaniv:
No, you do not have to wait to apply for renewal.

hello, u have not given me what u feel I should do.. Or should I forget going to the US for now.. Help a brother out pls
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Myzzz: 6:48pm On May 22, 2017
Pls help me on this
I made a mistake in my ds160 form and I have already submitted and booked appointment for my interview (though my interview date is not so soon)
I'd like to correct the mistake and if possible pick another date or use the old one if it's still available.

Is this the steps to follow

1. Create a new ds160 form
2. Cancel the appointment / reschedule
3. Fill in the new barcode for the new appointment
4. Will I have to pay another fee?
5. Will I be questioned during my interview why I filled a new ds160 form?

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:37pm On May 22, 2017
Hello Myzzz. It is surprising how many posters make mistakes on their own application. If there's anything an individual should be an expert on, it's their own life and details. Applicants get one chance to change their interview date. As for changes to the application, you can try with customer service or you can bring it up at the interview.

Myzzz:
Pls help me on this
I made a mistake in my ds160 form and I have already submitted and booked appointment for my interview (though my interview date is not so soon)
I'd like to correct the mistake and if possible pick another date or use the old one if it's still available.

Is this the steps to follow

1. Create a new ds160 form
2. Cancel the appointment / reschedule
3. Fill in the new barcode for the new appointment
4. Will I have to pay another fee?
5. Will I be questioned during my interview why I filled a new ds160 form?

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sirelawrence: 9:18pm On May 22, 2017
Hello everyone. I appreciate you all for your advise and support. I did my interview today and was issued a visa.

Thanks alot.

3 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by obalukan: 12:21am On May 23, 2017
Hello Vo, Am planning a holiday trip to USA in September and I want to book an appointment. Is it possible to book the family appointment with on single application or I will book the family of 4 desperately?

Please I will be happy to read your helpful answer.

Regard.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:38am On May 23, 2017
Hello obalukan. Relax your desperation. You can all attend the same interview, but every individual needs their own application and payment of the visa fee.

obalukan:
Hello Vo, Am planning a holiday trip to USA in September and I want to book an appointment. Is it possible to book the family appointment with on single application or I will book the family of 4 desperately?

Please I will be happy to read your helpful answer.

Regard.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by VictoriaRi: 7:54am On May 23, 2017
Good morning,
I had my interview for a B2 visa last week to visit my boyfriend (American). Unfortunately however, I wasn't granted. Reason given was, I quote, '' You're a pretty, single lady and you work for yourself so you don't have strong ties ''. No questions about my family and investments were posed.
I am well traveled, and lived in Europe for a few years. Never broke a law or overstayed. The VO saw these in my passports. My boyfriend wishes me to reapply in time for the 4th of July Independence Day celebrations. I guess my question is, how long MUST I wait before I am allowed to reapply, and when the VO said I don't have strong ties because I work for myself, does this mean this has to change before I can reapply? I own the majority shares of my company, and it does very well in the Marketing and Advertisement industry. I would think I would do less well working for another establishment.
Your advice and support would be greatly appreciated.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Honeylahrah: 8:44am On May 23, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello Honeylahrah. I visas are for working journalists, who typically write for a living. I've read your post several times, but I still can't figure out what you are saying and asking. You are welcome to try again.

What I'm say is that.
I still have a valid I-visa fee (unused)
But now I want to go to the US as a tourist, can I make use of the previous i-visa fee instead of paying for a new one B1-B2 VISA FEE....
Please advice.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 9:28am On May 23, 2017
Good morning VO. I was denied a b1/b2 visa on Friday and my passport was returned to me. I am trying to reapply again but my profile shows that my passport is still with the us embassy/consulate. I tracked it online and it said passport still in post, but this passport is actually with me. I sent a mail but the status hasn't changed. Can I go ahead and try booking an appointment regardless?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:32pm On May 23, 2017
Hello Honeylahrah.
This visa fee receipt is valid for one year from the date of payment and allows you to schedule your interview at the U.S. Embassy/Consulate General. You must schedule your interview while the receipt is valid, which means your interview must be booked within one year of paying your fee. If you do not schedule an interview within a year of payment then your receipt will expire, you will not be able to schedule an interview, and you must pay the fee again and begin the process anew. The I visa and B1/B2 visa cost the same, so in principle, you should be able to transfer the fee to the different visa class. If you are unable to make this change in your application, request that it be done at the Embassy/Consulate during your interview.
"Advice" is a noun whilst "advise" is the related verb.

Honeylahrah:

What I'm say is that.
I still have a valid I-visa fee (unused)
But now I want to go to the US as a tourist, can I make use of the previous i-visa fee instead of paying for a new one B1-B2 VISA FEE....
Please advice.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:54pm On May 23, 2017
Hello EEden. This question is best referred to customer service.

EEden:
Good morning VO. I was denied a b1/b2 visa on Friday and my passport was returned to me. I am trying to reapply again but my profile shows that my passport is still with the us embassy/consulate. I tracked it online and it said passport still in post, but this passport is actually with me. I sent a mail but the status hasn't changed. Can I go ahead and try booking an appointment regardless?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:01pm On May 23, 2017
Hello VictoriaR. In our experience, applicants often recall interviews quite differently than they transpired.
There is no established waiting period between applications. That said, if nothing material has changed since your last interview, the result is likely to be the same.

VictoriaRi:
Good morning,
I had my interview for a B2 visa last week to visit my boyfriend (American). Unfortunately however, I wasn't granted. Reason given was, I quote, '' You're a pretty, single lady and you work for yourself so you don't have strong ties ''. No questions about my family and investments were posed.
I am well traveled, and lived in Europe for a few years. Never broke a law or overstayed. The VO saw these in my passports. My boyfriend wishes me to reapply in time for the 4th of July Independence Day celebrations. I guess my question is, how long MUST I wait before I am allowed to reapply, and when the VO said I don't have strong ties because I work for myself, does this mean this has to change before I can reapply? I own the majority shares of my company, and it does very well in the Marketing and Advertisement industry. I would think I would do less well working for another establishment.
Your advice and support would be greatly appreciated.

(1) (2) (3) ... (176) (177) (178) (179) (180) (181) (182) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.