Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,693 members, 7,802,023 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 08:02 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (187) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (817358 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:50am On Jun 16, 2017
Hello CreativeWeb. This are questions best posed to customer service.

CreativeWeb:
Hello Abujaniv, good morning.

I filled and submitted Ds160 application form on 7th June, 2017. For some reasons, I have not paid or scheduled for interview.

I tried paying yesterday, GTBank staff told me the portal is not opening.

I will go back on Tuesday or Wednesday 21st June to do it.

My questions:

1. Can a submitted Ds160 form expire after a certain period?

2. Is it a problem if the date of Ds160 submission and date of Visa payment have a big gap?

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Adesola415: 1:40am On Jun 17, 2017
Good evening everyone. A friend applied for thef1 students visa but he was denied on the 6th of this month, June. according to him, he was anxious and as a result couldn't answer the questions well even though he knew them.He was asked that "why did you choose the school". how said the fee is affordable for his sponsor, they have good infrastructures, and the climate is like that of Nigeria, which will help him to adapt easily.He said where he got it wrong is that he didn't know anything about the city, and they asked that. and that he was too nervous.what advice do you have for him?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 8:06am On Jun 17, 2017
Hello Adesola415. I advise him to come unto this forum and ask his own questions.

Adesola415:
Good evening everyone. A friend applied for thef1 students visa but he was denied on the 6th of this month, June. according to him, he was anxious and as a result couldn't answer the questions well even though he knew them.He was asked that "why did you choose the school". how said the fee is affordable for his sponsor, they have good infrastructures, and the climate is like that of Nigeria, which will help him to adapt easily.He said where he got it wrong is that he didn't know anything about the city, and they asked that. and that he was too nervous.what advice do you have for him?

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jaybaby2017: 1:23pm On Jun 17, 2017
Please my us visa expired exactly 14months ago, can we still do drop box?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Crownfitmee: 7:44pm On Jun 17, 2017
There is a question bordering my mind is it possible to be denied based on 212(a)(6)(C)(i) Material Misrepresentation / Fraud Material by a consular and handed a 214b slip after an interview
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:40pm On Jun 17, 2017
No.
jaybaby2017:
Please my us visa expired exactly 14months ago, can we still do drop box?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 11:45pm On Jun 17, 2017
Hello Crownfitmee. You asked this question last month, and our answer then still stands. A person can be refused for multiple ineligibilities during the same application. So they may get the 214b refusal letter along with other forms delineating additional refusal criteria.

Crownfitmee:
There is a question bordering my mind is it possible to be denied based on 212(a)(6)(C)(i) Material Misrepresentation / Fraud Material by a consular and handed a 214b slip after an interview
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jaybaby2017: 3:20am On Jun 18, 2017
Thanks. I will fix and appointment asap.

abujaniv:
No.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by base83: 3:49pm On Jun 18, 2017
Hi Abujaniv, I have a situation here, hubby and I were denied visa this month so I need advise on reapplying. we were invited for his best friend wedding, the bestie stays in NJ while the wedding is in Maryland. So in filling our form we stated dat we will be staying at his place, so the officer said That he wasn't convinced why we will be landing/staying in NJ then have to travel all the way to Maryland. We told him it's cos the wife's family stays there and dat we first be with the groom before going for the wedding on the weekend.
Now do we reapply booking hotel in Maryland and staying there without going to nj before the wedding or maintain our initial stance with hope the we will meet a listening officer to avoid mismatch story.
Will really appreciate opinions.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Believe13: 3:51pm On Jun 18, 2017
Hello VO, was able to convince my husband to go on this trip with me . He has 2weeks leave now same time with mine.

My question is ,while completing my ds160 form, the section for previous work experience didn't come up .I had to do it 3 times same thing only present work status i was able to fill even when filling my daughters own,it didn't come up though she is a child(2yrs old). Just got tired and applied like that. But my husband was able to complete his.

Pls note, my interview along with my family is nextweek.
Your kind advice will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot for always attending to our question.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ProfOjah1234: 5:07pm On Jun 18, 2017
@AbujaNIV and LagosNIV

Please I made a mistake in scheduling an appointment page when trying to book a date for my interview. After I provided the MRV on the page, it took me to a Dropbox details. I think I might have made a mistake in the question by selecting "YES" (Do you hold a 2-years F visa). I was unable to book an appointment..

What is the solution?.. Do I need to pay another visa fee? . Can the embassy help me to rectify the problem..?. It was a silly mistake from me. Please.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ladyjoie: 6:07pm On Jun 18, 2017
Hi ,
I applied for a b1\b2 visa for my family and I in 2015 for child birth and vacation
However my husband and I decided not to go with our boys (2) considering that we were able to get a family to host for the duration we spent in the us
My toddlers didn't use their visas and they have currently expired
We all want to apply for drop box renewal and travel in December

I am wondering if we would have our applications granted

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dammy2good(f): 10:23pm On Jun 18, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello dammy2good. The US non-immigrant visa process is centered around the interview rather than documents. On occasion when one parent is traveling with children, we will request to see proof of consent from the other parent. This is to protect against trafficking and abuse of parental rights. We do not recommend that you buy tickets or make reservations before you have the visa in hand. Having paid for Disney tickets will not impact the visa decision at all. When you mention strong family ties, we generally mean ties to Nigeria or wherever is the applicant's home country.

Many Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ProfOjah1234: 3:58am On Jun 19, 2017
If MRV # is mistakenly used for Dropbox appointment instead of normal F1 new appointment.. Can it be rectified?..or one need to pay a new visa fee?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:23am On Jun 19, 2017
Hello base83. Just be truthful. You may or may not be granted the visa, but if you lie or obfuscate, you may ruin your credibility and ability to get a visa in the future.

base83:
Hi Abujaniv, I have a situation here, hubby and I were denied visa this month so I need advise on reapplying. we were invited for his best friend wedding, the bestie stays in NJ while the wedding is in Maryland. So in filling our form we stated dat we will be staying at his place, so the officer said That he wasn't convinced why we will be landing/staying in NJ then have to travel all the way to Maryland. We told him it's cos the wife's family stays there and dat we first be with the groom before going for the wedding on the weekend.
Now do we reapply booking hotel in Maryland and staying there without going to nj before the wedding or maintain our initial stance with hope the we will meet a listening officer to avoid mismatch story.
Will really appreciate opinions.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:24am On Jun 19, 2017
Hello Believe13. If it is important to you to communicate your work history, do so at the interview.

Believe13:
Hello VO, was able to convince my husband to go on this trip with me . He has 2weeks leave now same time with mine.

My question is ,while completing my ds160 form, the section for previous work experience didn't come up .I had to do it 3 times same thing only present work status i was able to fill even when filling my daughters own,it didn't come up though she is a child(2yrs old). Just got tired and applied like that. But my husband was able to complete his.

Pls note, my interview along with my family is nextweek.
Your kind advice will be appreciated.

Thanks a lot for always attending to our question.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:25am On Jun 19, 2017
Hello ProfOjah1234. Contact customer service.

ProfOjah1234:
@AbujaNIV and LagosNIV

Please I made a mistake in scheduling an appointment page when trying to book a date for my interview. After I provided the MRV on the page, it took me to a Dropbox details. I think I might have made a mistake in the question by selecting "YES" (Do you hold a 2-years F visa). I was unable to book an appointment..

What is the solution?.. Do I need to pay another visa fee? . Can the embassy help me to rectify the problem..?. It was a silly mistake from me. Please.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:27am On Jun 19, 2017
Hello ladyjoie. As long as the visas have expired less than 12 months ago and all other criteria are met, everyone may reapply through the interview waiver program.

ladyjoie:
Hi ,
I applied for a b1\b2 visa for my family and I in 2015 for child birth and vacation
However my husband and I decided not to go with our boys (2) considering that we were able to get a family to host for the duration we spent in the us
My toddlers didn't use their visas and they have currently expired
We all want to apply for drop box renewal and travel in December

I am wondering if we would have our applications granted
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by smartkid(m): 8:35am On Jun 19, 2017
Hello abujaniv,

If F visa expired less than one year ago, can dropbox be used for B1/B2 application? Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Neot77(m): 12:07pm On Jun 19, 2017
Gd morning Vo, I'm trying to book for interview appointment but the page is not showing. what can I do pls?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jaybaby2017: 12:32pm On Jun 19, 2017
G'afternoon VO, Please I tried to book an appointment and it brings me to my former details which has my old passport number. How do I update to my new passport number?

jaybaby2017:
Thanks. I will fix and appointment asap.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Believe13: 12:55pm On Jun 19, 2017
Thanks a lot VO,

However, my husband told me yesterday that he made error in his parents date of birth and also error in the date of resumption from one of his previous work .

I actually advised that he filled another form which he did, Have even sent a mail to lagosniv@State.gov of the New confirmation number.

My question now, is it possible to update it on my profile? cos that's what we are using. Or what is your advise . our interview is this week.

Thank you.

abujaniv:
Hello Believe13. If it is important to you to communicate your work history, do so at the interview.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:00pm On Jun 19, 2017
Hello smartkid. No, you must be applying for a visa in the same class.

smartkid:
Hello abujaniv,

If F visa expired less than one year ago, can dropbox be used for B1/B2 application? Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:06pm On Jun 19, 2017
Hello Neot77. Perhaps try back later. We've not gotten reports from others having difficulty with scheduling appointments. Again, this is in the purview of customer service.

Neot77:
Gd morning Vo, I'm trying to book for interview appointment but the page is not showing. what can I do pls?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:07pm On Jun 19, 2017
Hello Believe13. If you are not able to correct it, just explain the issue at the interview.

Believe13:
Thanks a lot VO,

However, my husband told me yesterday that he made error in his parents date of birth and also error in the date of resumption from one of his previous work .

I actually advised that he filled another form which he did, Have even sent a mail to lagosniv@State.gov of the New confirmation number.

My question now, is it possible to update it on my profile? cos that's what we are using. Or what is your advise . our interview is this week.

Thank you.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Believe13: 1:39pm On Jun 19, 2017
Many thanks.

One last question. What documents do I take with me sir?

abujaniv:
Hello Believe13. If you are not able to correct it, just explain the issue at the interview.

(1) (2) (3) ... (184) (185) (186) (187) (188) (189) (190) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.