Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,909 members, 7,802,961 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 05:23 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (199) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (817465 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by badisa123: 12:53pm On Aug 19, 2017
Hello lagosNiv, I mistakenly pressed drop box for scheduling of appointment, but I am scheduling appointment for the first time how can I correct this thanks in anticipation.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:10pm On Aug 19, 2017
Hello unclephilio123

As with all other non-immigrant visas, you will need to demonstrate sufficient ties to Nigeria to overcome the presumption of immigrant intent from section 214b. In addition, you will need to demonstrate that your actual intent is to pass through the United States in transit only, that you have evidence of your transportation arrangements to your final destination, that you have sufficient funds available to carry out the journey, and that you have permission to enter the country you are ultimately going to. No specific documents are required. How you choose to demonstrate those required facts is up to you.

unclephilio123:
Dear vo
I want to apply for USA transit visa to Guyana on 3weeks vacation to visit my uncle.
(1)what are the lists of documents I need to present at the interview? Apart from Guyana cable visa I had already.
(2)America(JFK)is the cheapest flight I got online that has connecting flight to Havana airport in Guyana,compare to other routes.Do I need flight ticket during the interview?
Urgent response please
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by justwise(m): 12:08pm On Aug 20, 2017
@Wndy842003

Post your question in appropriate thread this is not F1 visa thread.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by bukky2017: 12:49pm On Aug 21, 2017
Hi VO, my mum had a visiting visa interview on June 14 in Lagos and she was denied. She was coming to see me because I gave birth to twins at 23weeks gestation in February and lost one of them two days later. My second twin was discharged from the NICU last month and is still on a heart monitor. So my mum isn't coming to take care of my baby, because of my baby's prematurity she has a nurse that comes everyday to take care of her, so my mum is just coming see her grandchild and spend some time with me. I don't know why she was denied in the first place, but she said most questions were related to my dad's(please note some of this questions she was asked I don't even have an answer to them). I also feel there was a language barrier because my mum's English isn't fluent. So my question is can my brother and mum apply together to make the interview easier on her? And he also wants to take a vacation. Also note my brother now runs my dad's company, because he went missing June 2012 in Kaduna during a boko Haram crisis when seeing one of his clients. So they both have a reason to come back because we have staffs and clients that depend on him. Please let me know if the can apply together and what are there chances? Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by DCTrendy(m): 5:24pm On Aug 21, 2017
Unable to add applicant because some or all information you entered belongs to another applicant.

This is the error message I am getting trying to schedule appointment for myself and adding my family(wife n kids).
I have added wife successfully first but unable to add any of the kids.
The only thing that is the same is the passport issuance date n expiry date because they got the passport the same day at the passport office.

Please how can I solve this issues please?
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 5:32pm On Aug 21, 2017
Hello bukky2017 -

They can apply together with a family appointment. I am not permitted to make comment on their chances of being issued the visas, only the VO who interviews them can determine that.

bukky2017:
Hi VO, my mum had a visiting visa interview on June 14 in Lagos and she was denied. She was coming to see me because I gave birth to twins at 23weeks gestation in February and lost one of them two days later. My second twin was discharged from the NICU last month and is still on a heart monitor. So my mum isn't coming to take care of my baby, because of my baby's prematurity she has a nurse that comes everyday to take care of her, so my mum is just coming see her grandchild and spend some time with me. I don't know why she was denied in the first place, but she said most questions were related to my dad's(please note some of this questions she was asked I don't even have an answer to them). I also feel there was a language barrier because my mum's English isn't fluent. So my question is can my brother and mum apply together to make the interview easier on her? And he also wants to take a vacation. Also note my brother now runs my dad's company, because he went missing June 2012 in Kaduna during a boko Haram crisis when seeing one of his clients. So they both have a reason to come back because we have staffs and clients that depend on him. Please let me know if the can apply together and what are there chances? Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Wndy842003: 8:06pm On Aug 21, 2017
Good Morning All,

Please i have a question and need answers urgently.
The DS-160 and Confirmation page barcodes are different on a friend's application. Its for visiting. Her interview is on wednesday. Any ideas or advice on what she can do?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kennycanny: 3:01am On Aug 22, 2017
Dear VO,
A family member as an appointment already booked without uploading his passport photograph , do the embassy still allow applicant bringing passport photo to the embassy?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Wndy842003: 11:44am On Aug 22, 2017
justwise:
@Wndy842003

Post your question in appropriate thread this is not F1 visa thread.

I was not asking based on F1 visa. Its for visiting and i was not asking for myself. Its was for a friend.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Wndy842003: 11:49am On Aug 22, 2017
Wndy842003:
Good Morning All,

Please i have a question and need answers urgently.
The DS-160 and Confirmation page barcodes are different on a friend's application. Its for visiting. Her interview is on wednesday. Any ideas or advice on what she can do?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mrszez: 9:04pm On Aug 22, 2017
Hello,
IIn March 2017 , I applied for a US visit Visa but i was denied, I went through my visa form there's mistakes, I don't know how to go about it, My date of Birth and also my wife date of Birth is not correct, Can i apply again filling the right information, pls whats the implication if i apply again my self with corect details.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by olumig(m): 5:22am On Aug 23, 2017
Dear VO,

I will be going to the States very soon, want to know if it's possible to apply for Canada Visa from the US as a non Immigrant.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Jamezy4u: 10:45am On Aug 23, 2017
Dear VO,

Will this as well holds for someone in the same situation but want to differ his own to Fall 2018?

That is, to appear at the PoE a year after the visa was issued, but to the same school and programme.

Thanks.

LagosNIV:
So long as (1) you are going to the same program at the same school and (2) you have a new I-20 to bring with you to the POE you should be fine with your current visa.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by naijarazzi: 9:43pm On Aug 23, 2017
Hello VO,

I had my visa interview last week Friday. And my application was approved by the consular, however, I pleaded with the consular to allow me to with my passport as I needed it for an exam next day. He then handed me the pink form and he wrote on the form 'send in ppt for issuance'. I had sent in the pssport thru the DHL collection Centre at Muri okunola, VI. But my visa application status on the portal still reads 'administrative processing' and I have less than 2 weeks to travel. Please help confirm the status. Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by baani(m): 3:33am On Aug 24, 2017
Good Day Everyone, please can someone direct on how and what is the procedure to renew my U.S visa

Any idea how long it takes
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Richards08: 3:59pm On Aug 24, 2017
Richards08:
Hello house,
My wife attended usa interview last week Thurs, 10 Aug 2017, she's issued d visa and told to come after 3 working days, when she got to the pick up centre, she was told that her application is under Administrative Processing. We did birth visa for her. Altho, she was issued visa around June but was deported at the Port of Entry on d ground that she hasnt paid d hospital bills, when she got to naija, we paid all d bills and reapplied. The interview was successful but the pick up is now the issue. Pls any Visa Officer around, do you think that my wife will still meet up the appointment? Besides, she's heavily pregnant and has just a few months left. How long do u think the AP would take? How can we hasten up their AP? As we speak, her flight ticket has been bought against 17 Aug.

Thanks brothers

Hello house, glad to tell you that the visa is out, in fact, DW is now in the States. Thanks guys for your prayers and encouragement. You are the best! Love you all.

4 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 9:09am On Aug 25, 2017
Hello Jamezy4u -

Yes, with 1 caveat. So long as your SEVIS is still valid, you can have the school issue a new I-20 for Fall 2018 and travel on that. You can enter the US no more than 30 days before the start date indicated on the I-20. However, a SEVIS registration is only valid for 365 days unless you actually enroll in a School within that time, so if more than 365 days have passed between the date you paid your SEVIS fee and the start date for Fall 2018, then you will need to do a new SEVIS registration. That will give you a new SEVIS number, and student visas are tied to the SEVIS number, so in that case you would need to apply for a new visa as well.

Jamezy4u:
Dear VO,

Will this as well holds for someone in the same situation but want to differ his own to Fall 2018?

That is, to appear at the PoE a year after the visa was issued, but to the same school and programme.

Thanks.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 9:10am On Aug 25, 2017
For inquiries about your specific case please contact LagosNIV@state.gov

post=59765452:
Hello VO,

I had my visa interview last week Friday. And my application was approved by the consular, however, I pleaded with the consular to allow me to with my passport as I needed it for an exam next day. He then handed me the pink form and he wrote on the form 'send in ppt for issuance'. I had sent in the pssport thru the DHL collection Centre at Muri okunola, VI. But my visa application status on the portal still reads 'administrative processing' and I have less than 2 weeks to travel. Please help confirm the status. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by candycoco: 10:10am On Aug 25, 2017
Hello, Good morning.

This is my first time renewing B1/B2 visa and I just completed the scheduling for dropbox for my family.
Am I right to think that I can go at any working day to drop required documents at the designated DHL office?
And sice it's a family renewal, do I need a letter of proxy from others since I plan submitting them alone?

Thanks for your valuable time.

Warm Regards...
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by shirley013: 11:20am On Aug 25, 2017
Dear VO.

Please I need urgent help. I am trying to renew my visa via Dropbox. I completed my Ds 160 but wasn't able to upload my passport pics. I went to submit at the dhl office I was told I have to upload the passport.
Now I can't retrieve application as it has already been submitted.
Please what do I do?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by akyinka: 2:18pm On Aug 25, 2017
Dear VO,

I initially planned to go on vacation alone but recently my wife also showed interest to travel with me. However, I am yet to submit my DS 160 form but an appointment date has already been booked ahead of time. Now that we have decided to apply together, do i have to reschedule another appointment for both of us? Or can I just include her on the application and then show up together on the already scheduled interview date?

I anticipate your kind support.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Kemo88: 7:12pm On Aug 26, 2017
Hi VO
Is the dropbox( visa interview waiver program) still on in Nigeria?
My visa ( which I got via dropbox 2years ago) is expiring next month and I want to know if I can renew via Dropbox.
I am eligible for the Dropbox but I want to know if Dropbox is still on in Nigeria ( I know at some point it was cancelled.. not sure)
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 9:04pm On Aug 26, 2017
Hello Kemo88 -

Yes, dropbox renewal applications are still accepted in Nigeria. Please review the requirements at www.ustraveldocs.com/ng to see if you qualify for the current requirements.

Hello shirley013 -

You should still be able to upload a passport photo to your online application. If you are unable to, your passport will be returned to you with further instructions for how to re-submit it with a photo.

Hello candycoco-

Yes, you can drop the passports and associated documents at any of the designated DHL offices during their working hours. Please contact the DHL offices to determine their working hours. You can drop off all of the applications for your family if you would like, no additional documents needed, just ensure that each application contains all of the required documents as directed by www.ustraveldocs.com/ng
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by candycoco: 4:31am On Aug 27, 2017
Thank you very much smiley
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by cris83: 3:24pm On Aug 27, 2017
Hi everyone in the house. Happy Sunday. Please I'd like to ask an important question. I have a US visa which I successfully renewed via Dropbox a year ago and it expires next year. I used the first visa to travel and this is the second one I have. I usually travel with m mom for vacation but of recent she has been ruled out from travelling for a while and our visa expires next year June and we haven't used the second visa. My question is will it still be renewed if I submit it again next year for renewal even though we haven't used our second visa to travel? Thank you and God bless.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by karli4nia(m): 3:04am On Aug 28, 2017
Please what's the standard non- immigrant visa (B1/B2)interview appointment wait time for Lagos and Abuja?
I mean if one books for a visa interview appointment, when will the interview date likely be?. In 10, 20,30days?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by naijarazzi: 8:01am On Aug 28, 2017
LagosNIV:
For inquiries about your specific case please contact LagosNIV@state.gov

sent. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (196) (197) (198) (199) (200) (201) (202) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.