Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,488 members, 7,808,808 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 05:12 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (203) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818122 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by MobileBakingSch: 3:52am On Sep 16, 2017
Thank you LagosNIV, I will follow your advice.

LagosNIV:
The first step is to apply for a visa again and tell the truth, in the application and in the interview. You should also be sure to bring it up during the interview even if not asked about it. Telling the truth in this application may not be enough for you to overcome a history of lying, but it will be the first step toward reestablishing your credibility with the United States.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by opomulero(m): 11:28am On Sep 16, 2017
opomulero:
Pls house,
Is changing of state to visit has any effect on getting usa visit visa.

Was denied and wanted to reapply but want to change vacation state different from the first one i used.

Nairalnders,
Kindly drop any info about my question pls
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:16pm On Sep 16, 2017
Hello opomulero. You may change the prospective destination. If asked at the interview, explain the change.

opomulero:

Nairalnders,
Kindly drop any info about my question pls
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by opomulero(m): 12:31pm On Sep 16, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello opomulero. You may change the prospective destination. If asked at the interview, explain the change.

Thank you, you are blessed
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by enygmababe: 4:18pm On Sep 16, 2017
Dear NIV,

I seem to have gotten myself involved in a comedy of woes.

Please, I mistakenly used my last DS-160 number on my new appointment. Can I change it? If yes, please how can I do so?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by jeevyww(m): 11:59am On Sep 17, 2017
@enygmababe I am in the same shoes but noticed my new application kept referring me back to the details of my old application and DS-160 number,pls house can it be changed
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by westeast: 1:06pm On Sep 17, 2017
MobileBakingSch:
Thank you LagosNIV, I will follow your advice.

Hello LagosNIV,
I saw this sentence while checking the US Visa application website. Kindly clarify in a simpler understanding.

"Criminal/court records pertaining to any arrest or conviction anywhere, even if you completed your sentence or were later pardoned."

My interpretation is this, even if I do not have any criminal record with the Nigerian Police Force, I should still get a Nigerian Police record stating that I have never committed a crime here in Nigeria. Is this correct? If not, can you please help me understand what the US Consulate meant with that statement.

Thanks a lot!
reference
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-typeb1b2.html
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 17, 2017
Hello westeast -

The police certificate you are referring to is required for immigrant visas. If you have never been arrested or convicted of any crime you do not need to get a police certificate for a non-immigrant visa. If you have ever been arrested or convicted anywhere, it is a good idea to obtain a complete copy of the court records or police records for the arrest or conviction and bring those to your interview even for a non-immigrant visa, as not all arrests or convictions lead to ineligibilities, but we need the court records to determine whether or not you are eligible.
westeast:

Hello LagosNIV,
I saw this sentence while checking the US Visa application website. Kindly clarify in a simpler understanding.

"Criminal/court records pertaining to any arrest or conviction anywhere, even if you completed your sentence or were later pardoned."

My interpretation is this, even if I do not have any criminal record with the Nigerian Police Force, I should still get a Nigerian Police record stating that I have never committed a crime here in Nigeria. Is this correct? If not, can you please help me understand what the US Consulate meant with that statement.

Thanks a lot!
reference
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-typeb1b2.html
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by westeast: 3:10pm On Sep 17, 2017
LagosNIV:
Hello westeast -

The police certificate you are referring to is required for immigrant visas. If you have never been arrested or convicted of any crime you do not need to get a police certificate for a non-immigrant visa. If you have ever been arrested or convicted anywhere, it is a good idea to obtain a complete copy of the court records or police records for the arrest or conviction and bring those to your interview even for a non-immigrant visa, as not all arrests or convictions lead to ineligibilities, but we need the court records to determine whether or not you are eligible.

Alright, clear. Thanks a lot!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Cmeo(m): 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2017
@lagosniv
@abujaniv

We submitted myself and my wife passpport for renewal at DHL abuja on Aug. 31st or so for renewal. Tracking our applications online through ceac.state.gov, it was reported recieved and last updated on 7th Sept with an explaination to check back in 2 business days for an update, in which there was no update up to the time of posting this.
I would humbly like to know if dropbox application take this long for an update sometimes, because my previous application did not take this long.
However, it is very understandable if this happen atimes.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by RedRom9: 9:23pm On Sep 17, 2017
REMOVED!!!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Darrelah: 1:51am On Sep 19, 2017
Gm everyone...
I have been a silent reader on here but I want to make an enquiry for my close-friend who just applied for b1/b2
1. She just got married last week
2. She has a store in idumota Lagos where she sells provision and household products.. She actually just enlarged the business
3. She will be 23 in December
4. Her husband is the only son of his old parents and is pretty young 24years.. Works in unilever nig Plc as a line manager.. Did his IT there, served there n retained to work since 2014
5. He has his own car and house inherited from his dad tho
6. His monthly pay is 250 while she makes about 400k from her shop
7. They will be visiting her bestfriend (guy..married too) in Maryland. He can't wait to meet her husband
8. Her purpose of trip in ds160 form is specified as Business and Tourism (Temporary Visitor)This is exactly my concern.. BUSINESS is that how it usually is?? Can they also say Vacation since tourism is included?
9. AGE is my second concern.. Told her the VO might see them as too young..
10. They are 100% honest as they did as advised and no atom of intent of staying back.. Views pls..

Any issues with the age please?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Jamezy4u: 10:44am On Sep 19, 2017
Hi VO

Please, I need your response to below issues.

1. As a student of F1 Visa in the States, you are married and it was a traditional marriage which off-course without any formal marriage certificate. You have a kid (son). If you want your wife to visit you while studying or even bring them (wife & Son) as dependents on F2 visa.
..How will you or your wife proof to the VO that you are actually married? For your son that bears your name might not be issue but for your wife that all her documents bear her Father's name, will her International passport maybe in your name be enough? How could one go around this safely and sincerely please?

2..If one must get a court weeding certificates, what exactly the nature/rank/name of courts that certificate issued by them are well recognized?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 4:48pm On Sep 19, 2017
Hello Jamezy4u -

The US recognizes Nigerian traditional marriages as valid. Your wife will have to convince the VO it happened. This is sometimes done with a combination of photos, other documents, Passports with a shared surname, or other means. We can generally tell by asking questions about the relationship whether or not it is real. People who have shared a life have a depth of knowledge about each other which is hard to fake.

Jamezy4u:
Hi VO

Please, I need your response to below issues.

1. As a student of F1 Visa in the States, you are married and it was a traditional marriage which off-course without any formal marriage certificate. You have a kid (son). If you want your wife to visit you while studying or even bring them (wife & Son) as dependents on F2 visa.
..How will you or your wife proof to the VO that you are actually married? For your son that bears your name might not be issue but for your wife that all her documents bear her Father's name, will her International passport maybe in your name be enough? How could one go around this safely and sincerely please?

2..If one must get a court weeding certificates, what exactly the nature/rank/name of courts that certificate issued by them are well recognized?

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by karli4nia(m): 5:54pm On Sep 19, 2017
Is it ok to apply for a B1/B2 visa months...like say 2-3 months before the date of the actual event in the U.S.
Say my interview date is in October and the event i am to attend is in January..
Does this in any way lower chances of getting a visa approved.tanx.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:14pm On Sep 19, 2017
Yes this is ok, no it does not in any way lower your chances of receiving the visa.
karli4nia:
Is it ok to apply for a B1/B2 visa months...like say 2-3 months before the date of the actual event in the U.S.
Say my interview date is in October and the event i am to attend is in January..
Does this in any way lower chances of getting a visa approved.tanx.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by CreativeWeb(m): 10:24am On Sep 20, 2017
Hello Abujaniv and Lagosniv.

My wife and I applied for the US Visa in August for vacation. But we were denied. My wife was pregnant.

Now, she was put to bed this September.

My Bishop wants to send me to the US to represent the Diocese in a church conference. I'm a clergy.

I want to go alone since I will be staying just 3 weeks and my new born baby is too tender for international travel.

I will be going for interview this October. Did I apply so soon, since we were denied in August?

What if the VO asks me why I don't want to travel with my wife and baby, what should I answer?

I just wish VOs have a totally perfect way of spotting legit non-immigrants.

Thank you for the good job you are doing here.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 2:24pm On Sep 20, 2017
Hello CreativeWeb. You are welcome to apply again. That said, it sounds like you and your wife were not honest about your purpose of travel at your previous interview. Credibility is paramount in the US visa process. If an applicant damages their credibility in a previous application, it can be very difficult for them to qualify for visas.

@Sebastine1606, thank you for your input, but please refrain from responding to visa queries on this particular thread.

CreativeWeb:
Hello Abujaniv and Lagosniv.

My wife and I applied for the US Visa in August for vacation. But we were denied. My wife was pregnant.

Now, she was put to bed this September.

My Bishop wants to send me to the US to represent the Diocese in a church conference. I'm a clergy.

I want to go alone since I will be staying just 3 weeks and my new born baby is too tender for international travel.

I will be going for interview this October. Did I apply so soon, since we were denied in August?

What if the VO asks me why I don't want to travel with my wife and baby, what should I answer?

I just wish VOs have a totally perfect way of spotting legit non-immigrants.

Thank you for the good job you are doing here.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by CreativeWeb(m): 3:37pm On Sep 20, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello CreativeWeb. You are welcome to apply again. That said, it sounds like you and your wife were not honest about your purpose of travel at your previous interview. Credibility is paramount in the US visa process. If an applicant damages their credibility in a previous application, it can be very difficult for them to qualify for visas.

@Sebastine1606, thank you for your input, but please refrain from responding to visa queries on this particular thread.

Honestly, we were honest. My wife was not going there to have our baby. We didn't even plan that. We were going for few weeks vacation.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by travelclub: 4:04pm On Sep 20, 2017
cheesy lmao. Savage at it's peak.

abujaniv:
Hello Oluwatisegun. You are not very good at this. Just two months ago with this same user name, you were posting in a thread called "Moving Permanently To The US" about your "plan to travel to USA on student visa and on getting there to marry a woman." Just as easily as I found your true intention with a couple mouse clicks, I or another consular officer will see through your lies at the visa window. Save your money and abandon this plan. Some day when you are older and more established, you may want to visit my country as a true tourist. It would be a pity to have that option permanently taken from you because of a bad decision now.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Sebastine1606(m): 7:41pm On Sep 20, 2017
abujaniv:

@abujaniv, thank you sir/ma
Correction taken
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by RedRom9: 7:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
RedRom9:
Hello LagosNIV & abujaNIV,

I'm a 20year old OND degree holder. I applied for and was admitted to St Cloud State University for my bachelorette degree for fall 2017. Unfortunately I was refused a visa. I wasn't given a specific reason but I think it was because I applied for the earliest available interview date which was a day after the start date on my I-20. The reason for my late application was because my I-20 was lost in transit and it took about 4weeks for it to be retrieved and sent to my home address. I received the I-20 August 14th. I paid for the visa application fee that same day hoping to get a date before my start but I couldn't. I went on with the application because I already paid for it. I have now deferred my admission to Spring 2018 and will be reapplying for my visa immediately I receive my I-20. My questions go thus:

1. When reapplying and filling the DS-160 form, on the question of having been refused a US visa before, should I put this same explanation on it? During the interview can I also say that IF asked?

2. Due to all these, will I have any hitches during my interview?
Please LagosNIV
abujaniv

(1) (2) (3) ... (200) (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.