Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,884 members, 7,802,853 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:25 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (204) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (817444 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 9:01pm On Sep 21, 2017
Hello RedRom9

You should tell the truth in response to all questions on the DS-160 and in your interview. We do not discuss what applicants chances may be on this forum.
RedRom9:

Please LagosNIV
abujaniv
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kingi777: 3:45am On Sep 23, 2017
Hello V.O., I have visa interview next for a conference in Chicago organized by my profession of which I am a world outreach student member. While filling the DS-160 form, I noticed that one must input the date of attendance from and attendance to of one's educational qualification. No room for 'to date' in case one has not yet graduated.In February this year, I filled the DS 160 form and inputted a date before submission of the form to show that my post graduate study was still ongoing though I was denied visa because I wanted to go for a cousin's wedding then. Now, for this interview coming up in few days time, I imputed a date before the submission of the form to show that I am still a PhD candidate since there is no room for 'to date(until now)' to show that one is still a student. The start date of my PhD is the same but differs in the 'attendance to' in the application form because without filling the 'attendance to', one wont be able to proceed to another section of the form or submit. Hope the conflicting date of 'attendance to' wont affect my chances? I am actually a PhD candidate waiting for my external defense having done my internal defense which I believe should be one of my ties required. Thanks in anticipation of your response and advice.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tryhay001: 4:12am On Sep 24, 2017
Hello VO. I am currently doing my masters and will be graduating in December. I would like to have my family (3 members) come for my graduation in the US.

Would like to know what will be required of them and me to apply for their visas. Most especially, how much will they need to show in their accounts? I'd also like to support their travel. What is the total amount we all have to show? I was unable to find these information on uscis.gov.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by opomulero(m): 11:18am On Sep 24, 2017
Good morning house.

How can one declare another country visa obtained but did not proceed on the journey in ds-160?

Cos someone cant name it among the countries someone have travelled to.

And can this hinder a chance of getting US B1/B2 visa
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by adefreshguy(m): 5:08pm On Sep 24, 2017
Hello V.O,

I need help on what to do, because I am lost now. Firstly I changed the date of birth on my passport because the old date was an error by Passport Office. So I apply for drop box using the new passport with the old one. My application was returned asking for additional document (fingerprint). Here is my question- which fingerprints are they asking for, is it the police fingerprint done at Ikoyi or the biometric one at the embassy. And if it’s the one at the embassy how do I go by it. Will I just visit the embassy.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Kingspartner: 10:29am On Sep 26, 2017
Hello V.O,
Please I am about to re-apply for my wife that was denied. I hope we have addressed the reason for denying her and my children at least to my understanding and she will go along with relevant documents.

We intend to stay with my friend at Katty-City for 3 days before moving to Minnesota for 11 days. My friends in all these places have there own duplex. At least I have stayed with them in my previous traveling.

My Question:
Is it still advisable to make hotel reservation in those cities we intend to visit?
Do I still need to receive an invitation letter from both families stating we intend to visit?

Our purpose is to celebrate our 10yrs wedding anniversary this December.

I am sorry if these has been answered in the previous thread...
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Mzsunshine(f): 11:55am On Sep 26, 2017
Good day,
Please I will like to make an inquiry, I applied for a us visiting visa mid this year through an agency and the dates has been changed three times and the agency claims that it's the us embassy that keeps changing dates please how true is this? Does the us embassy change people's interview dates?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:37pm On Sep 26, 2017
Hi kingi777. If it comes up in the interview, just explain as you have done here. Best regards.

kingi777:
Hello V.O., I have visa interview next for a conference in Chicago organized by my profession of which I am a world outreach student member. While filling the DS-160 form, I noticed that one must input the date of attendance from and attendance to of one's educational qualification. No room for 'to date' in case one has not yet graduated.In February this year, I filled the DS 160 form and inputted a date before submission of the form to show that my post graduate study was still ongoing though I was denied visa because I wanted to go for a cousin's wedding then. Now, for this interview coming up in few days time, I imputed a date before the submission of the form to show that I am still a PhD candidate since there is no room for 'to date(until now)' to show that one is still a student. The start date of my PhD is the same but differs in the 'attendance to' in the application form because without filling the 'attendance to', one wont be able to proceed to another section of the form or submit. Hope the conflicting date of 'attendance to' wont affect my chances? I am actually a PhD candidate waiting for my external defense having done my internal defense which I believe should be one of my ties required. Thanks in anticipation of your response and advice.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:38pm On Sep 26, 2017
Hello tryha001. Every applicant must qualify on their own merits. We typically do not look at any documents for tourist visa applicants.

tryhay001:
Hello VO. I am currently doing my masters and will be graduating in December. I would like to have my family (3 members) come for my graduation in the US.

Would like to know what will be required of them and me to apply for their visas. Most especially, how much will they need to show in their accounts? I'd also like to support their travel. What is the total amount we all have to show? I was unable to find these information on uscis.gov.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:42pm On Sep 26, 2017
Hello adefreshguy. The US takes biographical data very seriously. Changes to names and dates of birth are hallmarks of fraud, so applicants are cautioned to be sure that all the information in their passport and applications are correct. Your identity must be reestablished, so you must appear at the Embassy/Consulate for an interview and fresh biometrics. Instructions would have been sent to you with your passport.

adefreshguy:
Hello V.O,

I need help on what to do, because I am lost now. Firstly I changed the date of birth on my passport because the old date was an error by Passport Office. So I apply for drop box using the new passport with the old one. My application was returned asking for additional document (fingerprint). Here is my question- which fingerprints are they asking for, is it the police fingerprint done at Ikoyi or the biometric one at the embassy. And if it’s the one at the embassy how do I go by it. Will I just visit the embassy.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:44pm On Sep 26, 2017
Hello Kingspartner. Your accommodation choices are yours to make. We don't look at invitation letters.

Kingspartner:
Hello V.O,
Please I am about to re-apply for my wife that was denied. I hope we have addressed the reason for denying her and my children at least to my understanding and she will go along with relevant documents.

We intend to stay with my friend at Katty-City for 3 days before moving to Minnesota for 11 days. My friends in all these places have there own duplex. At least I have stayed with them in my previous traveling.

My Question:
Is it still advisable to make hotel reservation in those cities we intend to visit?
Do I still need to receive an invitation letter from both families stating we intend to visit?

Our purpose is to celebrate our 10yrs wedding anniversary this December.

I am sorry if these has been answered in the previous thread...
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:47pm On Sep 26, 2017
Hello Mzsunshine. Our advice is to not use agents. It is extremely rare for the Embassy/Consulate to change interview dates.

Mzsunshine:
Good day,
Please I will like to make an inquiry, I applied for a us visiting visa mid this year through an agency and the dates has been changed three times and the agency claims that it's the us embassy that keeps changing dates please how true is this? Does the us embassy change people's interview dates?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by thegreengooner(m): 12:38pm On Sep 27, 2017
Hello. I seem to be having serious issues uploading a digital photo to the DS-160.

The image uploaded passes the suitability test but the form fails to confirm it and i receive an error message like the one below.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ogwashiukwu: 5:21am On Sep 28, 2017
Good morning AbujaNIV,

My wife had applied for a b1/b2 visa in December 2105 and was granted together with my daughter when we all wanted to travel to the States for a vacation, but due to some contingencies we were unable to travel as planned.

Presently, as a Nurse, she plans to sit for NCLEX exam in the US and wanted to know if there's any other type of visa that will be required for the exam or can she still make use of her b1/b2 visa having in mind that her initial plan was for a vacation and not for exam.

Would there be issues at point of entry? Please advise.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by elizaaa: 7:39am On Sep 28, 2017
Good morning, LagosNIV

I am trying to apply for a renewal of my visa via dropbox.
1. I have changed my passport number but I cannot seem to be able to manually edit to the new number on my account profile. I have opened a case to look into the change but my drop-box letter was generated using the old passport number. Will this affect my application? (I am sending in both passports)

2. After the entire application, i just saw the following stated clearly in the letter:
"Effective immediately, visa applicants who do not upload their photos when submitting their DS-160 visa application will be turned away and advised to complete their application by uploading a proper photo. This will usually require the rescheduling of their appointment. The process for uploading photos is easy and is thoroughly explained in our on-line application. Avoid disappointment and delay—upload your photo as part of your visa application!"
Does this apply to drop-box applications too?
If yes, how can i fix this as i submitted and uploaded the application.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by marketgirl: 10:43am On Sep 28, 2017
Good Morning VO,
Please I have a question which I implore you to please clarify for me.
I have a visa and intend to travel by December Lagos to US. My family in the US is planning to help buy the travel ticket fro the US because it comes cheaper and they will be buying through ticketing agents. A friend here in Nigeria just mentioned that I could be interrogated and delayed at the point of entry on why I bought my ticket from the US, that I will be required to produce evidence of source of funds etc.
I thought I could buy ticket from anywhere.
Any advise please?
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:40pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hello. This is more a question for customer support.
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-main-contactus.asp#ContactInformation

thegreengooner:
Hello. I seem to be having serious issues uploading a digital photo to the DS-160.

The image uploaded passes the suitability test but the form fails to confirm it and i receive an error message like the one below.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:42pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hello. Yes, you can apply for a visa in your maiden name. The name in the visa needs to match the name in the passport. By the way, US visas do not include any honorifics --such as Dr., Hon., Alhajji, Princess, Engr.-- even if they are on your passport.

LadyGuinevere:
Good evening VO

Will be getting married 4th November, 2017. My future hubby has a B1/B2 Visa and would like for us to spend Chrismas in the US for his annual vacation.

Timing is a bit short and we are considering applying with my passport in my maiden name because there's not enough time to get a new passport in my hubby's name and still get an early interview scheduling slot.

Can I apply for a B1/B2 Visa with the passport in my maiden name for this trip?

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:46pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hi ogwashiukwu. The B1/B2 visa is appropriate for the purpose you mention.

ogwashiukwu:
Good morning AbujaNIV,

My wife had applied for a b1/b2 visa in December 2105 and was granted together with my daughter when we all wanted to travel to the States for a vacation, but due to some contingencies we were unable to travel as planned.

Presently, as a Nurse, she plans to sit for NCLEX exam in the US and wanted to know if there's any other type of visa that will be required for the exam or can she still make use of her b1/b2 visa having in mind that her initial plan was for a vacation and not for exam.

Would there be issues at point of entry? Please advise.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:52pm On Sep 28, 2017
Hello marketgirl. We don't have any rules on where a traveler should buy their tickets. That said, it is the prerogative of Customs and Border Patrol to question any traveler, including US citizens, at the port of entry.

marketgirl:
Good Morning VO,
Please I have a question which I implore you to please clarify for me.
I have a visa and intend to travel by December Lagos to US. My family in the US is planning to help buy the travel ticket fro the US because it comes cheaper and they will be buying through ticketing agents. A friend here in Nigeria just mentioned that I could be interrogated and delayed at the point of entry on why I bought my ticket from the US, that I will be required to produce evidence of source of funds etc.
I thought I could buy ticket from anywhere.
Any advise please?
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by thegreengooner(m): 1:52pm On Sep 29, 2017
abujaniv:
Hello. This is more a question for customer support.
http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-main-contactus.asp#ContactInformation

Thank you for your reply. I was able to find away around it by deleting my cookies and opening a new window.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by eobunike: 4:23pm On Sep 29, 2017
Good day,

I need your assistance, I received a 221g letter to reschedule my interview as i earlier qualified for Drop box. I have tried to reschedule an interview but it is no longer accepting my initial visa fee paid in GTbank.

please advise what to do.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 5:30pm On Sep 29, 2017
Please email support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com with your name and passport number and explain the issue. If they are unable to resolve your situation, please email ConsularAbuja@state.gov if your application was filed with the US Embassy in Abuja or LagosNIV@state.gov if your application was filed with the US Consulate General in Lagos.

eobunike:
Good day,

I need your assistance, I received a 221g letter to reschedule my interview as i earlier qualified for Drop box. I have tried to reschedule an interview but it is no longer accepting my initial visa fee paid in GTbank.

please advise what to do.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by adewotired: 7:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
Hello, my mom applied for B1 visas for me and my brother around last year. We were after being asked to bring in some documents. Online, her status showed her visa as still being valid. Last week she tried to travel to America and wasn't allowed to board the flight saying that her visa was revoked after my application and she was asked to bring her visa in.

We never saw such message. And we were also not informed. It still shows online that the visa is valid. What do we do?

And also, if she has to go in for a new interview, how would the revocation affect her application?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Prince1980(m): 6:27am On Oct 01, 2017
Hello NIV,
While appreciating your kind and prompt response here, please I would like to know, when I paid for visa application, the payment was made for B1/B2, while my visa application is actually for Transit Visa. Is it an issue or is fine? Since the both category of visa attract same fee.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:41am On Oct 01, 2017
Hello adewotired. It's very important that the contact information you put in your application is correct. If an issue comes up with your visa, we will try to contact you. But if you don't check your e-mail, or your phone number changes, it's impossible for us to do so. If the visa is revoked, you will need to apply and interview again if you wish to travel to the US. That said, the visa was revoked for some reason, and that issue will have to be addressed and resolved for any subsequent visa to be issued.

adewotired:
Hello, my mom applied for B1 visas for me and my brother around last year. We were after being asked to bring in some documents. Online, her status showed her visa as still being valid. Last week she tried to travel to America and wasn't allowed to board the flight saying that her visa was revoked after my application and she was asked to bring her visa in.

We never saw such message. And we were also not informed. It still shows online that the visa is valid. What do we do?

And also, if she has to go in for a new interview, how would the revocation affect her application?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 10:43am On Oct 01, 2017
Hello Prince1980. We can change the visa class during the interview. The qualifications and cost for the transit visa (C1) and the tourist visa (B1/B2) are the same, so we generally encourage people to go with the B1/B2, which allows you more flexibility.

Prince1980:
Hello NIV,
While appreciating your kind and prompt response here, please I would like to know, when I paid for visa application, the payment was made for B1/B2, while my visa application is actually for Transit Visa. Is it an issue or is fine? Since the both category of visa attract same fee.

Thanks.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Opeyemi007: 2:50pm On Oct 01, 2017
Hello AbujaNiv. How are you doing today? I trust you're having a great Sunday. When i was filling my DS-160, There was a Column to explain if you've ever been refused a visa/entry into the USA. I have been refused a b1/b2 category Visa on July 14, 2016. While i was explaining the reason i think i was denied, I forgot to write the Year it happened. I only wrote the Day/Month. I found out after i booked my appointment. I have a scheduled interview next month at the abuja consulate, Could this be an issue or the interviewer would know the exact time/year i was refused? I wouldn't want them to think i'm coming in for the second time in 1 year.

I'd be glad to hear back from you Sir/Ma.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 01, 2017
Hello Prince1980 -

This will not be a problem, as the MRV fee for both a B1/B2 and a C1 visas are the same.

Prince1980:
Hello NIV,

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by LearnedPaul: 8:22am On Oct 02, 2017
Hello VO, great stuff! Please can my Wife who has a doctor in USA and has been in touch for almost three weeks now apply for medical visa to travel in 2nd week of November? Her EDD is January 15th 2018, what are the chances of getting an visa appointment date for her interview on or before October the 31st? Many thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (201) (202) (203) (204) (205) (206) (207) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.