Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,444 members, 7,808,591 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:54 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818096 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Tripletmom: 4:52pm On Feb 26, 2018
Hello LagosNiV
A frnd sent dis pic to me dis morning,she was about to sign n submit her form wen she noticed it and she’s applying for a B1/2 visa catergory.Wat could av gone wrong and wat can she do?
Thanks sir
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by phermzy: 8:42am On Feb 28, 2018
Thanks so much for this insight.
LagosNIV:
Hello phermzy -

We cannot give you advice as to whether or not you should reapply. Please consider the following answer about section 214(b) from our FAQ at ustraveldocs.com/ng

Q.22 Is a denial under Section 214(B) permanent?
No. The consular officer will reconsider a case if an applicant can show further convincing evidence of ties outside the United States. Unfortunately, some applicants will not qualify for a nonimmigrant visa, regardless of how many times they reapply, until their personal, professional, and financial circumstances change considerably.

An applicant refused under Section 214(b) should review carefully their situation and realistically evaluate their ties. They may write down on paper what qualifying ties they think they have which may not have been evaluated at the time of their interview with the consular officer. Also, if they have been refused, they should review what documents were submitted for the consul to consider. Applicants refused visas under section 214(b) may reapply for a visa. When they do, they will have to show further evidence of their ties or how their circumstances have changed since the time of the original application. It may help to answer the following questions before reapplying: (1) Did I explain my situation accurately? (2) Did the consular officer overlook something? (3) Is there any additional information I can present to establish my residence and strong ties abroad?

Applicants should also bear in mind that they will be charged a nonrefundable application fee each time they apply for a visa, regardless of whether a visa is issued.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by siina(m): 11:08am On Feb 28, 2018
Dear VO, please what could be classified under professional ties. Is it professional qualifications like membership of a professional body or what?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by iwuoahsamuels: 4:07pm On Feb 28, 2018
Good day house
I just got issued a B2 medical visa for birthing and Usa and want to take my mother in law along. What type of visa does she need?How does she prepare to ensure she gets her visa? Pls advise
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by bluemington: 11:59pm On Feb 28, 2018
I applied for a b1/b2 visa renewal under the Dropbox program. This is my second time of using the dropbox. My passport was returned with a letter stating I should schedule a follow up interview. I have been trying to do this on the CGI portal and it doesn't pull up any interview date. My application was submitted on the 12th of January 2018. The letter I received did not request any additional document but only ticked that I need to speak with a consular officer. How do I schedule an interview date? My passport has been returned to me. Does this technically mean a visa denial? My NIV status still shows administrative processing.
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Naomi98: 1:28pm On Mar 01, 2018
Hello Abuja/Lagos NIV

I want to attend a Visa interview with my 17year old daughter but we do not have the same surname on our passports.
Will I be allowed to attend the interview with her?
2. How can I prove that she is my daughter?

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ma2seater: 5:30pm On Mar 01, 2018
Hello LagosNIV

Can I request that my B1 visa application under 221g Administrative processing be cancelled? I have no need for the visa anymore even if it pulls through.

Can I apply for another class of visa while B1 is still under Administrative processing?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by osaman2011: 5:00pm On Mar 04, 2018
Hello LagosNIV,

I recently got my i20 to study in the United States for Fall 2018 (2nd Bachelor's degree). However it says on the i20 that "Lessons begin on the 23rd of August 2018" and "Earliest admission date is July 15". When can I apply for a visa? Should I start counting 3 months backwards from August 23rd or July 15? I also want to know if it's 100% required that I present my original Bachelor's degree during the visa interview because the ongoing NASU strike has been halting that process since December 2017. I've got my transcript which I used in obtaining the admission and all other documents ready. Please reply.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by bluemington: 12:42pm On Mar 05, 2018
Hello AbujaNIV,
I applied for a b1/b2 visa renewal under the Dropbox program. This is my second time of using the dropbox. My passport was returned with a letter stating I should schedule a follow up interview. I have been trying to do this on the CGI portal and it doesn't pull up any interview date. My application was submitted on the 12th of January 2018. The letter I received did not request any additional document but only ticked that I need to speak with a consular officer. How do I schedule an interview date? My passport has been returned to me. Does this technically mean a visa denial? My NIV status still shows administrative processing.
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by captainbj007: 12:46pm On Mar 07, 2018
Good Day House,

I applied for US Visa and I think the Visa Officer was convinced of my application and answers. However, I was given a paper to forward my Bank Statement to ascertain my capability of sponsoring my trip.
Note- I didn't go with a bank statement
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ddarkguy: 7:01pm On Mar 07, 2018
Good evening everyone. Spouse is applying for a Visa on a passport that's is expiring in 4months time. She intends to renew it before traveling if issued. Can this be an issue at the visa office?
Thanks in anticipation.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:19am On Mar 09, 2018
Hello Naomi98 -

Minors who are applying for a visa may be accompanied by one adult who is not also applying at the same time. We prefer that the adult be one of the child’s parents, but in some circumstances other adults may do so. We cannot give you advice as to how to prove your relationship. Try to look at the situation from an outsider’s perspective. What would it take to convince you that an adult is the parent of a particular child?

LagosNIV

Naomi98:
Hello Abuja/Lagos NIV

I want to attend a Visa interview with my 17year old daughter but we do not have the same surname on our passports.
Will I be allowed to attend the interview with her?
2. How can I prove that she is my daughter?

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:19am On Mar 09, 2018
Hello Ma2seater -

Please contact lagosniv@state.gov if your case is pending in Lagos or consularabuja@state.gov if your case is pending in Abuja. In many cases your visa application can be cancelled. You can apply for another class of visa while a b1b2 application is undergoing administrative processing, however, it is likely that the new application would also need to undergo the same administrative processing.

LagosNIV

Ma2seater:
Hello LagosNIV

Can I request that my B1 visa application under 221g Administrative processing be cancelled? I have no need for the visa anymore even if it pulls through.

Can I apply for another class of visa while B1 is still under Administrative processing?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:20am On Mar 09, 2018
Hello Bluemington –

Please contact lagosniv@state.gov if your case is pending in Lagos or ConsularAbuja@state.gov if your case is pending in Abuja.

LagosNIV

bluemington:
Hello AbujaNIV,
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by wizzzz: 4:38pm On Mar 09, 2018
Hello Officer. I am an international student and my Visa expired last year August. I tried to renew via Dropbox and was sent a 221g white slip to do a follow up interview. Thing is I sent my docs via courier to be submitted. What are my options as I cannot afford the cost of traveling to Nigeria which is my I sent my docs. I’m really confused and afraid and it’s tearing me
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 11:49pm On Mar 09, 2018
-
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Damolaskynov: 12:36am On Mar 10, 2018
Thanks LagosNIV, I have gone and returned back to Nigeria as planned without any hitches.

I however need some clarification to avoid making costly mistakes.I got married in February 2017 and my wife's Nigerian passport with her maiden name expires in 2020. My visa expires in April 2018 and my passport expires in February 2019. I want to renew my visa and make a fresh application for her so that we both can attend a family function slated for 2018 Labor Day weekend in July.

My questions are:

- Can I apply for my wife on her current passport with her maiden name or do I have to obtain a new passport for her bearing my surname?

-Can I reapply with a passport that expires in February 2019 or do I also have to obtain anot her one? Moreover as my circumstances have changed due marriage.

I await your response so I can know the next step to take. Thank you.

LagosNIV:
Hello Damolaskynov -

The validity period of a visa determines the period during which the visa holder can go to a US port of entry and request admission. CBP officers at the port of entry determine how long the individual is permitted to stay in the US. If you arrive in March with a visa that expires in April, your visa will be valid.

LagosNIV

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by iphyconsult: 1:57am On Mar 11, 2018
Hi,

I'm a student, just came home last weekend for the mid-semester break(2weeks)to renew visa. I have the dropbox option but decided to go for interview cos I have limited time. I missed my monday morning appointment due to travel delay.

I ended up paying a new visa fee at GTB. Now I got an approval for emergency appointment since thursday, but was not able to schedule a date for the new appointment. Was displaying "your group size is larger than current allocation". Really weird cos I am just myself, no dependent, no group schedule. I called and was told their technical team will handle it. A case was already open since thursday but yet to be resolved.

Now I have only this week left and still have the dropbox option, I was wondering if the processing time can be fast-tracked (based on emergency approval) if I go for drop box option?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by wizzzz: 7:02am On Mar 13, 2018
Hello Officer. I am an international student and my Visa expired last year August. I tried to renew via Dropbox and was sent a 221g white slip to do a follow up interview. Thing is I sent my docs via courier to be submitted. What are my options as I cannot afford the cost of traveling to Nigeria which is my I sent my docs. I’m really confused and afraid and it’s tearing me
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by NanaOne1: 4:05pm On Mar 13, 2018
Dear All,

Please lovely people, please can someone share some insight about my issue

I am attending my graduation in the USA after completing my online MBA with my mum and I kindly seek your opinion on the following
1. Please what detail should I fill in : Address where you will stay in the U.S.? is it the school's address or the hotel I will lodge's address?
2. Also how do I link my mums application with mine so that we are both interviewed together?
3. I have uber apart from my normal work so what should I provide in the salary section? should I add the monthly uber money with my salary or only my salary?

Thank you

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by teetee12: 3:59pm On Mar 20, 2018
I filled D's 160 for myself and my son using the same email address. To my surprise, I only found my confirmation page in the mail while my son's own is not there. Please, what do I do?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by souleymon(m): 10:41pm On Mar 20, 2018
Visa Fee Increment

I am trying to confirm if truly there will be an increment in the B1/B2 (an other categories) Visa fee in the nearest week. Kindly confirm this
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 3:31pm On Mar 21, 2018
Hello wizzzz -

The process you have described is not legal. You may only apply for a visa to the US from outside the US. You do not need to return to your home country to reapply for a visa. Some people visit our Embassies or Consulates in other countries, including Canada or Mexico, to re-apply. One other thing to bear in mind is that the period of stay for students is not tied to the validity of the visa. So long as you remain in student status, you may remain in the US, even if your student visa has expired. You would need a new visa, however, should you depart the US and wish to re-enter.

I hope this helps,

LagosNIV

wizzzz:
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 3:50pm On Mar 21, 2018
hello souleymon -

There is no increase to the MRV fee anticipated at this time.

LagosNIV

souleymon:
Visa Fee Increment

I am trying to confirm if truly there will be an increment in the B1/B2 (an other categories) Visa fee in the nearest week. Kindly confirm this

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Saldway: 9:35pm On Mar 21, 2018
Dear VO,

Pls how do you handle a case of someone that gave birth twice in the US, paid all her bills and collected zero balance letters. Subsequently applied for renewal via drop box and was invited for interview.
The officer asked for all the receipts , she gave all itemised and zero balance letters, he flipped through and told her she was given huge discount . She responsed that she was self pay and the hospitals usually give discount to self pay international patients.
The vo looked at the birth certificate and told her you said you are resident there that is why the birth certificate has a u.s address on it. She said no, not at all that she said she is international and even gave the hospital her passport. That the address on the birth certificate and even receipts were for correspondence since they asked for a local address incase they want to post things, that they dont post internationally or send emails. The VO denied her the visa. She called the hospitals and they said she is not owing them as stated in her zero balance letter.
Pls whp can she talk to?

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.