Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,637 members, 7,801,836 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 01:28 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (29) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (817337 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by segunadewale(f): 9:45pm On May 16, 2015
Greetings, I was denied a F-1 visa December 2013 and also a B-1/B-2 after been invited by a childhood friend who is an American citizen for his graduation. I work with a bank and scheduled my annual leave for this visit...all is a past tense. I realized the rejection is due to not having any travel experience (I.e.visa) on my passport. Can this be true? Will I have to travel to some countries before I could be believed to get a visa to US? I wish to see my friend again, I really miss him.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by segunadewale(f): 3:53am On May 17, 2015
Greetings, I was denied a F-1 visa December 2013 and also a B-1/B-2 after been invited by a childhood friend who is an American citizen for his graduation. I work with a bank and scheduled my annual leave for this visit...all is a past tense. I realized the rejection is due to not having any travel experience (I.e.visa) on my passport. Can this be true? Will I have to travel to some countries before I could be believed to get a visa to US? I wish to see my friend again, I really miss him.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by AbusM(m): 11:04am On May 17, 2015
Good day dear VO,
I would like to know if i can submit my passport along with my wife's own when shes applying for a renewal through the dropbox option later in the yeah. I was denied a b2 visa ealier in the yeah when we wanted to travel to get her to visit her brother.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by zoomzu(f): 8:57am On May 18, 2015
zoomzu:
Experts in the house, please I need your opinion before embarking on my application. I once denied a U.K visa on a flimsy excuses but could not appeal because my leave would have elapsed by the time the visa would be granted and I was not sure I would be able to travel with the six months period of the visa, at the same time I began my Post Graduate program within that period, that was why I decided not no appeal the refusal which was in 2013.

The case now is that my office is now sending 4 of us to a conference in both UK and U.S, all expenses paid by the office with DTA. The question now is that, I hope the initial refusal won't affect my application this time around?

Thank you for your guide.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tunji370: 12:27pm On May 18, 2015
Hello VO,
I have a B1B2 multiple visa with my family(me ,my wife and 2 kids) for 2yrs,I am the principal applicant but due to my work we couldn't travel as planned for this may. What are the issues if I travel alone in August before going together with my family later next year,as my wife's leave as been exhausted from her work place. or can my wife and kids travel without me whenever convenient for them?
thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by isoknit(m): 11:21am On May 19, 2015
Good morning. Please i'll like to know if there's any application type a whole family can apply for, for the purpose of visiting/touring.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by imnuflawal: 4:19pm On May 19, 2015
Hello VO, I hve a question dat has been bothering me. My husband is permanent US residence, he came to Nigeria 4 us to v our wedding around July last year den we got married August, wen he got bak to the state he started my I-130 visa filling which is being hndled by his lawyer in October, I found out dat I was pregnant during dis period. To cut d long story short, my case ws approved by d uscis around feb27 nd it was transferd to NVC, it ws stated in the approval letter dat NVC wil get bk to us in less dan 30 days but till dis moment we hvnt gotten any tin from dem nd to crown it all I gve birth April my husbnd emailed the NVC on d arrival of our daughter stil we dint get any reply, I wnt to knw if my child will also be given a visa or will d dad wil have to file anoda I-130 for her as well. God bless u as u give a reply to dis question, tnk u
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by zoomzu(f): 8:52pm On May 19, 2015
Dear V.O,

Why have you not been responding to our queries? Please, we need your guide. God bless and thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Travelholic: 3:40pm On May 21, 2015
Hi VO,

Need your advise and some information on my case. I applied for B1/B2 Visa in April with my wife. My wife got the visa right away but my case was put under Admin Processing. Immediately after an interview I got an email from Consulate asking for some documents including my Resume, which I provided. Then after 6 weeks of waiting, got an email from them for a Follow-Up Appointment (second interview).

I'm just curious what happens in this case? Was the information not enough during first interview, or they want to ask further questions in detail?

Need your words on this please !

Thanks,
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Crich(f): 4:21pm On May 21, 2015
Hello VO.
Please, I need your help in the following:

-is it possible for a VO to place a non-entry bar of 5(five) yrs (i thought it's a 3/10 bar rule) on a U.S. visitors visa because of an overstay of less than 180 days even when that over stay was based on a change of status which was applied for way before the expiration of an I-94?
-is it possible to get a U.S. immigration to look into this?
-is it also advisable to apply for a study permit in Canada following this, since both countries cross check each other's database?

Thanks a lot for your anticipated response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by touchsogreat: 6:43pm On May 21, 2015
Good Day.
Please I need your advice on my US visa renewal application.
I submitted my application via drop box and I received a call to come to the Embassy for interview. First after filling the appointment form I noticed I didn't put my Middle name on the confirmation. I tried to edit it but wasn't going through . I sent them an email they replied telling me it's been edited. I login in again but still the same. I tried creating another account it says that this data already exist. So I have no option than to submit.
Is the for interview on this bases as notting has changed with my data information.
Also I want to know if I need to schedule an apportment and how or do I just walk in into the embassy.
Thank you so much I await your responds.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by orimahspence: 6:50am On May 22, 2015
Hi VO, I am scheduled to have my interview by July 12, I received another email that my aappointment has been inferred to June 8, I have seen issue of appointment postponement but I have never has of drawing appointment closer than earlier scheduled, my question is under what circumstance can the appointment be drawn nearer than the earlier scheduled time? Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Emblem(m): 11:51am On May 22, 2015
Hi VO,

I just got back from Houston, Texas. My wife just had a baby there............i was able to visit some schools during my visit and so i am thinking of applying for an F-1 (Student)Visa. I heard some things which i will like to confirm from you all.

1. That my B1/B2 visa doesn't guarantee me an F-1 visa.
2. That my B1/B2 visa will be canceled even if i get denied of F-1 visa.

Lastly, will u suggest i just go back to US with my B1/B2 visa and change my status to F-1(Student) visa......... I know its very legal based on the info i got from USCIS( United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) website http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/students-and-exchange-visitors/students-and-employment/special-instructions-b-1b-2-visitors-who-want-enroll-school .

Thank You.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Crich(f): 4:28pm On May 22, 2015
Emblem:
Hi VO,

I just got back from Houston, Texas. My wife just had a baby there............i was able to visit some schools during my visit and so i am thinking of applying for an F-1 (Student)Visa. I heard some things which i will like to confirm from you all.

Lastly, will u suggest i just go back to US with my B1/B2 visa and change my status to F-1(Student) visa......... I know its very legal based on the info i got from USCIS( United States Citizenship and Immigration Services) website http://www.uscis.gov/working-united-states/students-and-exchange-visitors/students-and-employment/special-instructions-b-1b-2-visitors-who-want-enroll-school .

Thank You.

I have answered u already. It's legal but don't take that route especially that there are some immigration laws we don't know about. I shared my experience with u.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by MrsNaira(f): 4:48pm On May 22, 2015
Good day, house.
Please my big cousin wants to travel to the U.S. with her 4 year old special needs child. She has already applied to a special needs school and the school has sent her a letter of admission for the child.
Now the question is this:
What kind of visa should she apply for?
What kind of visa does her son require?

She also has another child that will accompany them on the trip.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Idileke1: 12:29pm On May 23, 2015
Idileke1:
Dear Vo, Please i came for an interview on monday with my son and husband, we applied we are going on vacation and childbirth. though i made part payment of the doctor fees and hospital stay. i showed the interviewer the payment receipt i made, but she denied me and m family visa.
Please i will like to know if i can apply alone because am due in july.
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by victosin002(m): 5:07am On May 26, 2015
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dtush(f): 1:56pm On May 27, 2015
intend to apply for a visiting visa with my husband. We recently got married and i am not in a hurry to change my name ( my maiden name for his surname) because,
1. The process to change and reapply for a new passport is quite tedious and tiresome.
2. I reside in Lagos and was informed that i have to travel to abuja to change it.
3. I also do not believe in spending money for things are avoidable, because my current passport still has about 3 years before expiration.
4 We have evidence of marriage in form of marriage certificate, pictures from various ceremonies from the wedding.
5. My husband is ok with me using my maiden name for as long as i want.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:16pm On May 27, 2015
I am applying for a US visa and need your assistance under the Travels Companions Section

I am travelling with a colleague for a business tour, the colleague already has a valid visa and so am i to indicate him as my travelling companion?

Regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:30pm On May 28, 2015
AbusM:
Good day dear VO,
I would like to know if i can submit my passport along with my wife's own when shes applying for a renewal through the dropbox option later in the yeah. I was denied a b2 visa ealier in the yeah when we wanted to travel to get her to visit her brother.

AbusM,

Thank you for your question. You may only renew through dropbox if you have a current or recently expired (less than 24 months) B1/B2 visa. If you previously had a B1/B2 visa, but have since been refused a B1/B2 visa, then you would have to schedule an interview. From what you have told me, you would have schedule an interview. You are not eligible for dropbox. I hope this helps.

Regards,
abujaniv
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:35pm On May 28, 2015
simonjo:
I am applying for a US visa and need your assistance under the Travels Companions Section

I am travelling with a colleague for a business tour, the colleague already has a valid visa and so am i to indicate him as my travelling companion?

Regards

simonjo,

Thank you for your question. You are welcome to list your business colleague as your travel companion, however it is not required. It is your discretion whether to list him or not. I hope this helps.

Regards,
abujaniv
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:41pm On May 28, 2015
dtush:
intend to apply for a visiting visa with my husband. We recently got married and i am not in a hurry to change my name ( my maiden name for his surname) because,
1. The process to change and reapply for a new passport is quite tedious and tiresome.
2. I reside in Lagos and was informed that i have to travel to abuja to change it.
3. I also do not believe in spending money for things are avoidable, because my current passport still has about 3 years before expiration.
4 We have evidence of marriage in form of marriage certificate, pictures from various ceremonies from the wedding.
5. My husband is ok with me using my maiden name for as long as i want.

dtush,

Thank you for your question. We do not require you to change your name once you are married for your visa application. However, the interviewing officer may (or may not) ask to see proof of marriage, such as your marriage certificate, so you may want to bring it with you to the interview just in case. I hope this helps.

Regards,
abujaniv
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:49pm On May 28, 2015
tunji370:
Hello VO,
I have a B1B2 multiple visa with my family(me ,my wife and 2 kids) for 2yrs,I am the principal applicant but due to my work we couldn't travel as planned for this may. What are the issues if I travel alone in August before going together with my family later next year,as my wife's leave as been exhausted from her work place. or can my wife and kids travel without me whenever convenient for them?
thank you

tunji370,

Thank you for your question. If you and your family all have valid B1/B2 visas, you may travel as a family or individually. Your wife and children may travel separately next year if they wish. I hope this helps.

Regards,
abujaniv
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:03pm On May 28, 2015
Emblem:
Hi VO,

Thank You.

Emblem,

Thank you for your question. You are correct in your assumption that a B1/B2 does not guarantee that you qualify for an F1 visa. Second, your B1/B2 visa should not be cancelled if you are denied an F1 visa. B1/B2 visas have different qualifications and requirements than an F1 visa, so an applicant may qualify for a B1/B2, but not an F1 and vice-versa.

While it is technically legal to change your status to F1 while you are already in the US, we recommend applying for the F1 visa in Nigeria to prevent the possibility of a misunderstanding of your purpose of travel at the point of entry and to minimize the likelihood of falling out of status on a B1/B2 visa.

I hope this helps.

Regards,
abujaniv
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kingdomcc: 1:08pm On May 28, 2015
Dear VO,
Pls i need your candid advice.am currently working with one the commercial banks in Nigeria. My pay at the end of the month is 60k. Beside the job, i have a mini yogurt factory that generates almost 200k monthly, though there is still room for expansion which means more income. My wife is 2 months pregnant and i want her to travel to USA to deliver the baby.How can i go about it to avoid being rejected?

Regards
kk

(1) (2) (3) ... (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.