Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,518 members, 7,808,888 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 06:41 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (44) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818142 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:55pm On Aug 04, 2015
afembaba:
Goodmornin thanks for this privilege God bless you. I and my hubby has south Africa visa on our passport,we were surpose to attend a cousin of my husband's wedding.but they just changed the location of the wedding to dubai. And we had already gotten our visa. I and my husband plan to go to us in sept or Oct. Will this sa visa that we didn't use be a problem?will I reduce our chances of getting the usa visa‎s.thanks and hope for your responce

No, this won't negatively affect you. If you are asked about this then just be honest and explain that the wedding destination was moved.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:56pm On Aug 04, 2015
afembaba:
Am yet to change my surname to my hubby's name will this reduces our chances of getting a visa.we apllied already

No, changing your last name isn't required for marriage so it doesn't reflect negatively on you during your interview. If you want to be sure that they believe you then feel free to bring in your wedding registry paperwork.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
commuter:
I attended my interview last week Wednesday, but the cosolar officer told me he cant approve the visa, he gave me a blue visa, the information i received now is the the visa was approved, and my passport is already with me, please what can i do now to get the visa back

Contact LagosNIV@state.gov to get more information on your specific case - include your name and passport number so they know which case to look for.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:58pm On Aug 04, 2015
chikevictor:
Hello i went for an interview for my F-1(students visa) but they denied me so i want to know why.i answered the questions he asked but am thinking is because i don't have SAT or TOEFL.but the school in America said that they don't require SAT or any of them.Am still confused,i don't know what to do.Thanks.

SAT and TOEFL are not requirements for an F-1 visa. All I can say is that you were denied the visa based on the content of your application and interview. You are eligible to re-apply in the future, but I strongly recommend that you reassess yourself as a student and visa applicant to determine what other reasons may have led to a denial before you reapply.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by commuter: 2:34pm On Aug 04, 2015
I went for my interview last week Wednesday, but the cosolar officer told me he cant approve the visa, he gave me a blue visa, the information i received now is the the visa was approved, and my passport is already with me, please what can i do now to get the visa back
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 3:43pm On Aug 04, 2015
I recommend you read where I already responded to your question commuter. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 4:00pm On Aug 04, 2015
Does an H4 holder need a return flight?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by aolatunde00: 4:40pm On Aug 04, 2015
Hello v.o,

I made an enquiry vie email since last Tuesday to LagosNiv.No response till now.
Do I resend my enquiry or hold on some more?

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by seunice01: 4:47pm On Aug 04, 2015
@LagosNiv..Please am still waiting for your reply cos you actually jumped over my question
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:38pm On Aug 04, 2015
seunice01:
Hello VO! my b1/b2 visa was cancelled with Prejudice at POE with 212(a) (7)(A)(i)(I)
do i need to write the embassy of this?
since am convinced that i was cancelled based o flimsy excuse, is it possible to appeal the cancellation

There is nothing that the embassy can do about this - you have to request a waiver from the Department of Homeland Security since they are the ones who entered the ineligibility.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by aolatunde00: 8:53pm On Aug 04, 2015
Evening V.O,
You seem to have glossed over my question twice now without a response.I have tried checking through past posts to see if it's something that has been addressed in the past but the only info I could get was response is usually within 2working days.

It's been 5working days since I made my enquiry and I havnt heard from LagosNiv.
Kindly suggest what I can do.
Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by seunice01: 9:35pm On Aug 04, 2015
LagosNIV:

There is nothing that the embassy can do about this - you have to request a waiver from the Department of Homeland Security since they are the ones who entered the ineligibility.

As for the waiver, when can i request for it? is it after the five year ban
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 9:55pm On Aug 04, 2015
aolatunde00:
Evening V.O,
You seem to have glossed over my question twice now without a response.I have tried checking through past posts to see if it's something that has been addressed in the past but the only info I could get was response is usually within 2working days.

It's been 5working days since I made my enquiry and I havnt heard from LagosNiv.
Kindly suggest what I can do.
Thank you

... E-mail them again then.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 9:57pm On Aug 04, 2015
seunice01:

As for the waiver, when can i request for it? is it after the five year ban

You can request a waiver whenever you feel it is warranted.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by sam1717: 8:51am On Aug 05, 2015
Good morning VO,

I'm applying for B1/B2.
I am the M.D of my company and I'm using my company statement of account...

-A letter is required from the employer detailing your position, salary, how long one have been employed, any authorized vacation, and the business purpose.

In my case as the M.D of the company.... Can I write the letter myself detailing my purpose for traveling? The Sales Admin (my wife and kid) are also applying with me..... Or should I just have my secretary write and sign the letter on my behalf?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 3:05pm On Aug 05, 2015
sam1717:
Good morning VO,

I'm applying for B1/B2.
I am the M.D of my company and I'm using my company statement of account...

-A letter is required from the employer detailing your position, salary, how long one have been employed, any authorized vacation, and the business purpose.

In my case as the M.D of the company.... Can I write the letter myself detailing my purpose for traveling? The Sales Admin (my wife and kid) are also applying with me..... Or should I just have my secretary write and sign the letter on my behalf?

A letter from your employer isn't a requirement for a B1/B2 visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by afembaba(f): 2:27am On Aug 06, 2015
I have traveled 4times to dubai and my husband is having a 3mnths old virgin passport we applied for the usa visa together will his 3month virgin passport reduce our chances?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:26am On Aug 06, 2015
afembaba:
I have traveled 4times to dubai and my husband is having a 3mnths old virgin passport we applied for the usa visa together will his 3month virgin passport reduce our chances?

Hello afembaba,

We've addressed people's "virgin passport" fears many times. Travel history is not required in order to receive a visa. There are many other ways to demonstrate ties!

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mrsoje(f): 10:08am On Aug 06, 2015
Dear VO,

I need your advise i can an existing US Visa which got last year August wanted to use for vacation and birthing purpose but i ended up not going again. I intend going with my son later this year, i want to apply for his visa please what are my chances of getting visa for him and also advise on the burden of proof to carry along to the embassy.
Side Note: My passport is still in my maiden name.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ksa2much(m): 11:03am On Aug 06, 2015
Hello ... Love all comments and help .. You render on here ... God bless .. Pls am applying for B1/B2 visa .. And I work in a bank ... My sister in the US is inviting me ... Please what are the relvant document I needed to get from my bank .. Thanks ... I appreciate your response
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:18pm On Aug 06, 2015
mrsoje:
Dear VO,

I need your advise i can an existing US Visa which got last year August wanted to use for vacation and birthing purpose but i ended up not going again. I intend going with my son later this year, i want to apply for his visa please what are my chances of getting visa for him and also advise on the burden of proof to carry along to the embassy.
Side Note: My passport is still in my maiden name.

Hello mrsoje,

We're not in the business of gambling. We do not give odds on how likely or unlikely it is for a person to receive a visa. Your son is welcome to apply for a visa, and the adjudicating officer will review all revelant information before deciding whether or not to issue. If he is your biological son and he is underage, the only requirements for your B1/B2 visa appointment are a confirmation page, receipt, and passport.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:20pm On Aug 06, 2015
ksa2much:
Hello ... Love all comments and help .. You render on here ... God bless .. Pls am applying for B1/B2 visa .. And I work in a bank ... My sister in the US is inviting me ... Please what are the relvant document I needed to get from my bank .. Thanks ... I appreciate your response

Hello ksa2much,

The only documents required for a B1/B2 visa interview are a confirmation page, receipt, and passport!

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Dunialagbe: 1:25pm On Aug 06, 2015
Hi Lagos VO,

A colleague went for his visa interview on the 22nd of July 2015 and was approved for visa. However, he has not received his passport from the collection centre. He went there on Wed, 5th August to enquire and was informed the passport has not been received by the embassy.

An email has been sent to the US Travel Docs support team but no response has been gotten.

Please help!

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ksa2much(m): 1:29pm On Aug 06, 2015
Thanks abjuaniv ...

Do you mean I don't need to get any backup papers from my bank.. Them telling the embassy am an employer and would be going for leave .. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mrsoje(f): 2:42pm On Aug 06, 2015
Thank you

abujaniv:

Hello mrsoje,

We're not in the business of gambling. We do not give odds on how likely or unlikely it is for a person to receive a visa. Your son is welcome to apply for a visa, and the adjudicating officer will review all revelant information before deciding whether or not to issue. If he is your biological son and he is underage, the only requirements for your B1/B2 visa appointment are a confirmation page, receipt, and passport.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:03pm On Aug 06, 2015
Dunialagbe:
Hi Lagos VO,

A colleague went for his visa interview on the 22nd of July 2015 and was approved for visa. However, he has not received his passport from the collection centre. He went there on Wed, 5th August to enquire and was informed the passport has not been received by the embassy.

An email has been sent to the US Travel Docs support team but no response has been gotten.

Please help!

Thank you.

Hello Dunialagbe,

Tell your colleague to email either ConsularAbuja@state.gov or LagosNIV@state.gov depending on where he interviewed.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:05pm On Aug 06, 2015
ksa2much:
Thanks abjuaniv ...

Do you mean I don't need to get any backup papers from my bank.. Them telling the embassy am an employer and would be going for leave .. Thanks

Hello ksa2much,

Such documents are not required, no. The United States is different from many countries in the world in that our visa process is interview-focused rather than paper-focused. Adjudication decisions are made based on the interviews themselves and an applicant's ability to demonstrate ties.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by goryorhal(m): 4:13pm On Aug 06, 2015
abujaniv:

Hello ksa2much,

Such documents are not required, no. The United States is different from many countries in the world in that our visa process is interview-focused rather than paper-focused. Adjudication decisions are made based on the interviews themselves and an applicant's ability to demonstrate ties.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

Hello
How are you doing ? Please I will like to ask a question please regarding an American passport .
A friend of mine lost his passport last year and he wants to get a new one ..
What are the steps and requirements involve .
He is in Nigeria as we speak .
Thanks and God bless
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:37pm On Aug 06, 2015
I'm not sure this question has been asked before. What do you need to qualify for dropbox
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by thankfulsoul: 10:28pm On Aug 06, 2015
abujaniv:

Hello ksa2much,

The only documents required for a B1/B2 visa interview are a confirmation page, receipt, and passport!

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

Please,i want to make an inquiry,the confirmation number on my appointment confirmation is different from the DS 160 application form. I want to know if i can get the same confirmation number. Thank you in anticipation.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by anfanio: 1:57am On Aug 07, 2015
salsera:

I'm not sure this question has been asked before. What do you need to qualify for dropbox

1. Carry a Nigerian passport.

2. Be at least 8o years old and/or

3. Have been issued a US visa before (renewal).
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:05am On Aug 07, 2015
salsera:

Hello salsera,

Here are the requirements, straight from http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/ng-niv-visarenew.asp

For B1/B2 visas:
The applicant is a Nigerian passport holder;
The applicant principally resides in Nigeria;
The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in an issuance;
The applicant was issued a two-year B1/B2 United States visa;
The visa expired no more than two years prior to reissuance;
The applicant was at least 14 years old at the time of the last issuance or will be under the age of 14 at the time of reissuance; and
The applicant has never been arrested nor had an encounter with law enforcement, customs, or immigration officials in the United States.

For F visas:
The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in issuance of an F visa;
The visa expired no more than one year prior to reissuance;
The applicant is attending the same school the original visa was issued for;
The applicant’s endorsed I-20 is submitted with the application;
A current transcript is included with the application;
The applicant was at least 14 years old at the time of the last issuance or will be under the age of 14 at the time of reissuance; and
The applicant has never been arrested nor had an encounter with law enforcement, customs, or immigration officials in the United States.

For L visas:
The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in issuance of an L visa;
The same petition is provided that was used in the previous visa application;
Receipts showing payment of all necessary fees are provided;

For H visas:
The applicant’s last visa interview resulted in issuance of an H visa;
The same petition is provided that was used in the previous visa application;
Receipts showing payment of all necessary fees are provided;

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

(1) (2) (3) ... (41) (42) (43) (44) (45) (46) (47) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.