Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,370 members, 7,781,011 topics. Date: Friday, 29 March 2024 at 07:26 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (50) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (814535 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Yetunde2507: 4:55pm On Aug 31, 2015
Hi AbujaNIV,

Thanks for your response. I paid cash for all my medical bills and i have my zero balance statements. During my interview, I was about opening my envelop to show the documents i had with me but the interviewing officer said that might not be necessary. He then asked about my recent travel history which was stated and he seems pleased with. He subsequently turned to type on this computer and said "Oh, you said you were off to Miami for 10 days but went to Texas instead". I am sorry your application is denied this time and i got handed the blue form (214b). I suspect there is a comment on my record regarding the change of travel plans.

Thank you.

The interviewing officer
abujaniv:

Hello Yetunde2507,

You do not need to inform the embassy if you change travel plans after receiving a visa. I would be surprised if the consular officer informed you that THAT was the reason for denying as we don't give specific explanations beyond 214(b).

Before seeking medical care in the United States, you must be able to demonstrate an ability to cover your planned purpose of travel, and have documentation of your communication with an American provider. You can read more about that here: http://photos.state.gov/libraries/nigeria/487468/pdfs/MedicalVisa%20Information_Updated17June2015.pdf

Perhaps the adjudicating officer did not feel you were being transparent in your initial interview, or perhaps you accepted public assistance in covering the cost of the medical bills. Either one can be extremely detrimental to future applications.

You are of course welcome to apply again, and be upfront and honest with the officer at the time of interview.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

P.S. @johnwick1, we can handle the questions smiley
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by lanrayx: 12:23am On Sep 01, 2015
I have a question to ask, if an international students gets to the US with a students visa for a masters degree after completing is masters with a good degree can he be allowed to work and leave in the US
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ycoxyng: 8:47am On Sep 01, 2015
Dear VO,

kindly assist in throwing light on this issue. Me and my family(4) travelled to the USA in August, 2015. We left USA (Dallas) for Canada (thru Air Canada Airline) and from there to Dubai and back to Nigeria for our yearly summer trip. Out of curiosity, I checked our I-94 travel history from the USA CBP website yesterday and I found out that all our entry/exit from the USA were all updated but my wife exit date was not updated only showing the entry date. The questions I want answer to are as follows;

A) How do we get the exit records updated in the CBP records as it shows she remains in the USA meanwhile she has exited already
B) Are there any effect for her future travels to the USA at the POE as a result of this non- update of this information
C) What is the likely effect on renewal of her VISA after expiration (expire March 2016) considering we are eligible for Drop Box
D) Her passport shows entries stamps by Canadian Border Services and the UAE border services
E) We have evidence of all the Boarding passes (from Airlines - Air Canada & Emirates Airline) used in exiting the USA and Canada and UAE.

regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:51pm On Sep 01, 2015
lanrayx:
I have a question to ask, if an international students gets to the US with a students visa for a masters degree after completing is masters with a good degree can he be allowed to work and leave in the US

Hello lanrayx,

Not on his student visa, no. However, if an employer is willing to petition for you, you may adjust status and work in the United States.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:53pm On Sep 01, 2015
ycoxyng:

Dear VO,

kindly assist in throwing light on this issue. Me and my family(4) travelled to the USA in August, 2015. We left USA (Dallas) for Canada (thru Air Canada Airline) and from there to Dubai and back to Nigeria for our yearly summer trip. Out of curiosity, I checked our I-94 travel history from the USA CBP website yesterday and I found out that all our entry/exit from the USA were all updated but my wife exit date was not updated only showing the entry date. The questions I want answer to are as follows;

A) How do we get the exit records updated in the CBP records as it shows she remains in the USA meanwhile she has exited already
B) Are there any effect for her future travels to the USA at the POE as a result of this non- update of this information
C) What is the likely effect on renewal of her VISA after expiration (expire March 2016) considering we are eligible for Drop Box
D) Her passport shows entries stamps by Canadian Border Services and the UAE border services
E) We have evidence of all the Boarding passes (from Airlines - Air Canada & Emirates Airline) used in exiting the USA and Canada and UAE.

regards

Hello ycoxyng,

These all seem like great questions for CBP...? As you mentioned, you have entry visas to Canada and UAE. If you needed to prove to a consular officer that your wife left after a given amount of time, those seem like they would cover her departure.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ycoxyng: 1:02pm On Sep 01, 2015
abujaniv:

Hello ycoxyng,

These all seem like great questions for CBP...? As you mentioned, you have entry visas to Canada and UAE. If you needed to prove to a consular officer that your wife left after a given amount of time, those seem like they would cover her departure.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

Thanks for your reply. lastly, does the non updated records have effect on renewing her visa when it is due. can she do drop box or go for interview?.

regards
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by guente02(m): 2:22pm On Sep 01, 2015
Hello House.

My aunt (citizen) is inviting me to attend her wedding in the states and only sent me an invitation card.
I'm a student on holidays. I would like to know what i need to do from booking an appointment to documents needed and interview. She'll be providing the financial support from housing to flight tickets. Im asking because this is my first time of traveling abroad.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:53pm On Sep 01, 2015
ycoxyng:

Thanks for your reply. lastly, does the non updated records have effect on renewing her visa when it is due. can she do drop box or go for interview?.

regards

If it's within 24 months of expiration, and she received a full-validity two-year B1/B2 visa, she can apply via dropbox for B1/B2 renewal.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by aolatunde00: 5:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
Good evening V.O,
Hope you're great.I have a question on behalf of a collegue.She intends to go for a short vocational training and have her baby almost at the same time.Shes not sure whether to stick to the M1 visa applied for on her Ds160 or she should apply for a B1/B2 visa instead.
She's not sure which visa can allow her do both ie do a vocational training and have her baby at about the same time.

Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 5:54pm On Sep 01, 2015
guente02:
Hello House.

My aunt (citizen) is inviting me to attend her wedding in the states and only sent me an invitation card.
I'm a student on holidays. I would like to know what i need to do from booking an appointment to documents needed and interview. She'll be providing the financial support from housing to flight tickets. Im asking because this is my first time of traveling abroad.

Thanks

Hello guente02,

You can set up an appointment by visiting here: http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ng/
The only required documents for the interview are your passport and confirmation page.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by OmoBendel24: 10:22pm On Sep 01, 2015
Gud evening 2 u dear visa officer. & thanks 4 the great job here
I want 2 know the visa type that an entertainment artist invited by her church in US needs to apply for in order to go & perform during d church program there in US. P or B2? The church H/q is in Nigeria.
Also, if person book dropbox before & want 2 change 2 regular interview, how will she do it & not lost her visa fee & pay another one again? Your quick responds will be appreciated very much
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by BizErikah: 12:08pm On Sep 02, 2015
Hello
Thanks for your assistance.
I'm invited to come present awards for an event in d us.
I've been give n invitation letter.
Its for 9 October, I got interview for 24 Sept
On monday I got a mail saying my interview date has been cancelled n moved to Oct 19th fue to muslim holidays. I applied for emergency appointment. Attaching d invitation letter.
It was approved and I scheduled for 22 Sept as emergency appointment.
I'm sponsoring myself.
I ve another commerce summit I want to attend later that month. How do I go about it? Cos it's the award ceremony I filled on d form. And d organizers of d commerce event want to send an invitation letter. Thou it's in the same Dallas.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:18pm On Sep 02, 2015
OmoBendel24:
Gud evening 2 u dear visa officer. & thanks 4 the great job here
I want 2 know the visa type that an entertainment artist invited by her church in US needs to apply for in order to go & perform during d church program there in US. P or B2? The church H/q is in Nigeria.
Also, if person book dropbox before & want 2 change 2 regular interview, how will she do it & not lost her visa fee & pay another one again? Your quick responds will be appreciated very much

Hello OmoBendel24,

It depends on whether or not she's being paid for her performance, and if she is professional artist or amateur. If she is an amateur performer who is not receiving renumeration for her performance, she may apply for a B1/B2. If, however, she will be paid and is professional, she must apply for a P1, P2, or P3 depending on the nature of her performance. This will require a petition from the United States.

Consular officers are not responsible for the appointment system. You can contact the call center with questions regarding interview slots: (09) 469-1748.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:19pm On Sep 02, 2015
BizErikah:
Hello
Thanks for your assistance.
I'm invited to come present awards for an event in d us.
I've been give n invitation letter.
Its for 9 October, I got interview for 24 Sept
On monday I got a mail saying my interview date has been cancelled n moved to Oct 19th fue to muslim holidays. I applied for emergency appointment. Attaching d invitation letter.
It was approved and I scheduled for 22 Sept as emergency appointment.
I'm sponsoring myself.
I ve another commerce summit I want to attend later that month. How do I go about it? Cos it's the award ceremony I filled on d form. And d organizers of d commerce event want to send an invitation letter. Thou it's in the same Dallas.

Hello BizErikah,

Just tell the interviewing officer what happened during you appointment on 22 September.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:40pm On Sep 02, 2015
aolatunde00:
Good evening V.O,
Hope you're great.I have a question on behalf of a collegue.She intends to go for a short vocational training and have her baby almost at the same time.Shes not sure whether to stick to the M1 visa applied for on her Ds160 or she should apply for a B1/B2 visa instead.
She's not sure which visa can allow her do both ie do a vocational training and have her baby at about the same time.

Thank you.

Hello aolatunde00,

If she is going for vocational training, she MUST have an M1 visa. I would encourage her to inform the interviewing officer of her situation at the time of her interview. She will need to have the means to cover all expenses related to her school and medical care.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Yetunde2507: 2:13pm On Sep 02, 2015
Dear AbujaNIV,

I just want to say a very big thank you and let you know we appreciate the time spent in addressing our concerns regarding US Visa application. I got my medical visa approved during my interview this morning despite my fears arising from prior declines. I did show our correspondence on nairaland which summarized the issue i had with respect to my change of travel plan . The IO did review my application based on my current circumstances and was able to deduce my honest intentions.

Thanks for your priceless advise and the link containing the requirements for medical visa. Indeed, the Lord has granted me favour.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 4:31pm On Sep 02, 2015
Hello Abj NIV

Please i have an interview appointment for Sept. 23rd. Is it going to be cancelled due to the upcoming Muslim holiday?

N.B I wasn't sent a cancellation mail though.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by aolatunde00: 5:00pm On Sep 02, 2015
abujaniv:

Hello aolatunde00,

If she is going for vocational training, she MUST have an M1 visa. I would encourage her to inform the interviewing officer of her situation at the time of her interview. She will need to have the means to cover all expenses related to her school and medical care.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

Thank you ma"am/sir
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by nues1985(m): 8:01pm On Sep 02, 2015
Hi AbujaNIV,

I intend to apply for a US tourist visa this month in order for me to travel over there to visit a friend for Christmas. I will be covering the cost of my tickets and would stay in my friend's apartment during my stay for two weeks. I will be a first time applicant, and can you please provide information on what information I need to get ready to present during the interview to be successfully granted a visa.

I had intended to book and pay for the round-trip tickets in advance, but a friend did say I shouldn't do that before getting the visa. Your advice is urgently needed please.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by veleta: 9:10pm On Sep 02, 2015
Dear Abuja NIV,
Please I need some clarifications on the ds 160.
I have a cousin we intend to visit in the States, in the column for ( relationship of US Contact) should my spouse fill ' Relative' although the person is my cousin.Also in the column for( Any other Relative in US) should he fill NO as am the one that has relative.
Thanks for your Beverly prompt response
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Dovent: 9:49pm On Sep 02, 2015
[url][/url]Hello VO,
Kindly guide me on this. I have a running tourist visa and I intend to travel with my family (Wife and 3 children in December. I am the one sponsoring the trip. Can I give them the photo copy of my passport page and visa page to take along as I will be traveling to Dubai during their own interwiew at the embassy, or is it compulsory I give them the original passport, guess they will need it at their interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:45am On Sep 03, 2015
nues1985:
Hi AbujaNIV,

I intend to apply for a US tourist visa this month in order for me to travel over there to visit a friend for Christmas. I will be covering the cost of my tickets and would stay in my friend's apartment during my stay for two weeks. I will be a first time applicant, and can you please provide information on what information I need to get ready to present during the interview to be successfully granted a visa.

I had intended to book and pay for the round-trip tickets in advance, but a friend did say I shouldn't do that before getting the visa. Your advice is urgently needed please.

Hello nues1985,

As we've said before, the only required documents for your interview are your confirmation page and passport. Be honest and forthcoming during your interview and your case will be adjudicated fairly.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:45am On Sep 03, 2015
veleta:
Dear Abuja NIV,
Please I need some clarifications on the ds 160.
I have a cousin we intend to visit in the States, in the column for ( relationship of US Contact) should my spouse fill ' Relative' although the person is my cousin.Also in the column for( Any other Relative in US) should he fill NO as am the one that has relative.
Thanks for your Beverly prompt response

Hello veleta,

Yes, putting "relative" is correct.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:46am On Sep 03, 2015
Dovent:
[url][/url]Hello VO,
Kindly guide me on this. I have a running tourist visa and I intend to travel with my family (Wife and 3 children in December. I am the one sponsoring the trip. Can I give them the photo copy of my passport page and visa page to take along as I will be traveling to Dubai during their own interwiew at the embassy, or is it compulsory I give them the original passport, guess they will need it at their interview.

Hello Dovent,

You can give them a copy, but it is not required. We could always find you in our own system if need be wink

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:47am On Sep 03, 2015
Ije004:
Hello Abj NIV

Please i have an interview appointment for Sept. 23rd. Is it going to be cancelled due to the upcoming Muslim holiday?

Hello Ije004,

If your appointment were to be cancelled, you would be informed.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by nues1985(m): 8:56am On Sep 03, 2015
Thanks, I appreciate the reply

abujaniv:

Hello nues1985,

As we've said before, the only required documents for your interview are your confirmation page and passport. Be honest and forthcoming during your interview and your case will be adjudicated fairly.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by BizErikah: 2:13pm On Sep 03, 2015
Ije004:
Hello Abj NIV

I don't think so cos from the dates they are working it's 24th that showed cancelled.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by veleta: 4:12pm On Sep 03, 2015
Dear, Abuja NIV
Thanks a million for taking out time in your busy schedule to respond to us.We really appreciate u guys
abujaniv:

Hello veleta,

Yes, putting "relative" is correct.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by avwerosuoo: 5:47pm On Sep 03, 2015
goodevening VO,
really enjoying this thread.thumbs up for the great job.
please i and my family want to travel to the US for vacation to disney land in dec. we are 5 in number. what documents do we need, though am not done in filling the DS160 form online. do we need to show evidence of hotel bookings. we intend visiting the disney land in Anaheim california and how soon can we get an interview date.
we have never travelled before out the country except for my husband.
thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by barblaze: 11:27pm On Sep 03, 2015
Goodevening VO,
My mum applied for a non-immigrant Visa and was at the Lagos office for interview on Monday.She was told the visa was approved and her passport would be sent her in a couple of days.but she got a call from the embassy today inviting her for another interview next week Mon-Wed without specifying the exa ct date and time for the appointment.my question is-do you conduct visa interviews twice?how/where will she get information regarding this new appointment?

(1) (2) (3) ... (47) (48) (49) (50) (51) (52) (53) ... (229)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 13 / Travelling To Canada Part 6 / UK Skilled Worker Visa / Health And Care Worker Visa / Qualified Teacher Route

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.