Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,452 members, 7,808,609 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 02:15 PM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (54) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818100 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kam4r(m): 12:42am On Sep 22, 2015
Hi VisaOfficer , Please I really Hope You can Help On This ... My Uncle Applied for Visa Renewal At The Us embassy and for over a month after he submitted his Documents and passport to the embassy he hasnt Gotten any information on his passport or application ... On so many times ive checked 'Ceac.state.Gov' and 'Ustraveldocs' to see his status buh its say no information available .. I also Call the customer care lime everyday , they dont Give needed informations, Just 'Its not ready' after a month whoch isnt meant to be so .... Pls reply
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by latitidejavu: 6:37am On Sep 22, 2015
There is also a significant amount of information that one conveys without speaking. Very strong point! Respect to the training you guys have.
LagosNIV:

We're sorry that you had a bad experience, but the reality is that visa applicants often recall events much differently than they occurred (we know this because we read Nairaland transcripts). There is also a significant amount of information that one conveys without even speaking that is not included in your transcript. If you feel that you are truly qualified, then you can re-apply at any time.

That being said,it's unclear why you were travelling to the US, or even under which visa class you were applying under. Each class has a different requirement so make sure you review them carefully before your interview to ensure that you have all of the required paperwork.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:57am On Sep 22, 2015
ski14:
Hello Vo,

Good Afternoon, my Mom is going for her interview this weekend. My Sister that's a citizen sent her an invite so that she could come witness the birth of her child. I wanted to confirm if she needs supporting document(s). I'm eagerly waiting for a reply

Warm regards

There are no additional documents required, as we have stated many times.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 22, 2015
Emmanuelson:
hello Vo,

good morning,im 22 and will graduate from university in Nigeria by december 2015 and i plan to start my masters as soon as possible in 2016 in the US...that means i wont be going for the Nysc program as im eager to leave and start my masters.....my question is : can i get the visa when i come for interview at the embassy without going for the nysc program
Also, my mum currently lives in the US after winning the visa lottery in 2011 with my name as a beneficiary....what are my chances of getting a non immigrant visa when my name is already listed with the immigrant visa(the beneficiary from my mum's lottery win)..

Thanks

Obtaining your U.S. student visa is in no way related to the NYSC program.
Plenty of individuals have immigrant visa petitions on file and are still able to get non-immigrant visas; it all depends on the circumstances of your individual case and how you present them during your interview.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:31am On Sep 22, 2015
kam4r:
Hi VisaOfficer , Please I really Hope You can Help On This ... My Uncle Applied for Visa Renewal At The Us embassy and for over a month after he submitted his Documents and passport to the embassy he hasnt Gotten any information on his passport or application ... On so many times ive checked 'Ceac.state.Gov' and 'Ustraveldocs' to see his status buh its say no information available .. I also Call the customer care lime everyday , they dont Give needed informations, Just 'Its not ready' after a month whoch isnt meant to be so .... Pls reply

You should e-mail lagosniv@state.gov or consularabuja@state.gov, depending on where he submitted for renewal.

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ski14: 12:29pm On Sep 22, 2015
Sorry I'm being too edgy. How about marriage certificate?
LagosNIV:

There are no additional documents required, as we have stated many times.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by chandan1986: 3:54pm On Sep 22, 2015
Hi Visa officer, I had traveled to US for business purpose on B1/B2 visa during 2011 and at the POE the officer has stamped B2 visa on the passport/I94 instead of B1. Will it cause any problems during my future travels on same visa or are there any chances of my future visas like L1b/H1b visa getting rejected because of this. I was totally unaware of the types of the US visa at that moment when i traveled?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by echeoluchi: 4:49pm On Sep 22, 2015
chandan1986:
Hi Visa officer, I had traveled to US for business purpose on B1/B2 visa during 2011 and at the POE the officer has stamped B2 visa on the passport/I94 instead of B1. Will it cause any problems during my future travels on same visa or are there any chances of my future visas like L1b/H1b visa getting rejected because of this. I was totally unaware of the types of the US visa at that moment when i traveled?

Hi VO, pls I need ur help on this. We applied for B1/B2 visa last week as a family of four and while I was going tru d printout at home I discovered dat my education section was omitted with every other information intact. Pls I want to know if it will affect our application and I also want to know if there is something I can do about it.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by thelysoft: 6:10pm On Sep 22, 2015
Dear all,

I was asked to bring another passport photogragh to the embassy. i applied via drop box for myself and my daughter and my duagter has been re-issued a US Visa while i was asked to come with a new passport photo. My forehead was covered a bit by my hair.

Has anyone ever had this experience and could you share this with me. Please note its urgent as i will be going to the embassy tommorrow.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by thelysoft: 6:52pm On Sep 22, 2015
thelysoft:
Dear all,

I was asked to bring another passport photogragh to the embassy. i applied via drop box for myself and my daughter and my duagter has been re-issued a US Visa while i was asked to come with a new passport photo. My forehead was covered a bit by my hair.

Has anyone ever had this experience and could you share this with me. Please note its urgent as i will be going to the embassy tommorrow.

Pleeeeeeeeeese respond
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by aaamorg(m): 10:19pm On Sep 22, 2015
bimmymal:
Hi, pls I and my wife applied for US tourist visa few months ago and we were denied. We have travelling experience though, we've visited south Africa n uk together. We used hotel reservation for the us application claiming that we don't know anyone in the us. Now we want to reapply but with a close frnd inviting us for his wedding, hew ready to give us written invitation plus his utility bill but we will still book n hotel cos we don't intend staying in is house during the visit. (he just got his permanent resident card a month after our previous app) that was why we claimed we dunno anybody then cos he had not gotten a status then. 1 Pls can we go ahead with d application using is inivitation? 2 will it not look like we lied in the first application that we don't know anybody in US. Pls I need advice. Thanks.
@abujaniv
pls I have already got my Sa Visa bought my ticket too. pls I'm confused as to making hotel reservation and cos someone told me I have to pay cash as I could be disallowed at the point of entry if I did not pay for the hotel reservation in Sa. pls do advice me. thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by echeoluchi: 11:42pm On Sep 22, 2015
Hi VO, good day. Please I need ur help on this. We applied for B1/ B2 visa last week as a family of four. While going tru d form at home I discovered dat my education information was omitted but every other information was intact. Pls I want to know if it will affect our application and I will also want to know if there is something I can do abt it...
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by chandan1986: 5:47am On Sep 23, 2015
HI VO, Request you to please respond
chandan1986:
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:58am On Sep 23, 2015
chandan1986:

This should not be a problem - B1 and B2 visa classes are often linked. Just be honest about your transactions and there shouldn't be any problems.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 6:59am On Sep 23, 2015
echeoluchi:

Hi VO, pls I need ur help on this. We applied for B1/B2 visa last week as a family of four and while I was going tru d printout at home I discovered dat my education section was omitted with every other information intact. Pls I want to know if it will affect our application and I also want to know if there is something I can do about it.

We advise that everyone review their documents fully before submitting. At this point I don't think there is much you can do to correct it. If you get asked about your education during the interview, be prepared to talk about it. In reality the issue probably won't come up.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:02am On Sep 23, 2015
thelysoft:
Dear all,

First of all, you need to chill out. VOs have lives outside of jumping through hoops to answer your questions within an hour.

Besides, the task you were asked to perform is very straightforward. You were asked to bring in a new photo without hair covering your forehead. This happens to many people - and they bring in a photo without hair covering their forehead.

10 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:03am On Sep 23, 2015
aaamorg:

@abujaniv
pls I have already got my Sa Visa bought my ticket too. pls I'm confused as to making hotel reservation and cos someone told me I have to pay cash as I could be disallowed at the point of entry if I did not pay for the hotel reservation in Sa. pls do advice me. thank you.

I don't know anything about South Africa (Sa?). I am a US visa officer. Maybe I am not understanding your question.

2 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 7:05am On Sep 23, 2015
EVERYONE - If you asked a question, there is no need to ask it again.

There is especially not a need to ask it again within a 24 hour period.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by thelysoft: 8:27am On Sep 23, 2015
favoredgal:

How long ago did you submit for dropbox?

Don't think you have anything to worry about. Go with a new passport photo and hold the reciept and zero balance of the baby u had in the US just in case

Good luck

I submitted 2 fridays ago. Thank you. I appreciate your response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by thelysoft: 8:33am On Sep 23, 2015
LagosNIV:

First of all, you need to chill out. VOs have lives outside of jumping through hoops to answer your questions within an hour.

Besides, the task you were asked to perform is very straightforward. You were asked to bring in a new photo without hair covering your forehead. This happens to many people - and they bring in a photo without hair covering their forehead.

Dear VO,

I am aware you have a life 'outside of jumping through hoops to answer questions within an hour'. I actually requested for a response from just anyone who had same experience. I am calm, all i wanted is to be sure of what i need to go with.

All the same, thank you for jumping through hoops to answer my question within an hour.

Regards,

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by chandan1986: 10:04am On Sep 23, 2015
LagosNIV:

This should not be a problem - B1 and B2 visa classes are often linked. Just be honest about your transactions and there shouldn't be any problems.

Thank You very much for the reply
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by echeoluchi: 5:47pm On Sep 23, 2015
LagosNIV:

We advise that everyone review their documents fully before submitting. At this point I don't think there is much you can do to correct it. If you get asked about your education during the interview, be prepared to talk about it. In reality the issue probably won't come up.

Thanks for the response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:40am On Sep 24, 2015
Hi...
I am a young guy (24 years) single, applying for tourist visa with no travelling experience, am getting an invitation from my aunt and she's gonna sponsor my visit while my dad sponsor my travelling, I have a low income (35k), and I am planning to take off by Dec (haven't booked my appointment though). Can you pls advice on any other documents to back up and wat else do I need to knw. Thanks in anticipation...
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by trendyindian: 11:22am On Sep 24, 2015
Good morning VO.. I applied this year march for a us visa but was denied because I did nt apply with my husband and two boys. Now I want to go to dubai this December with my two boys and then reapply next year May with my two boys cos my husband is not interested in travelling for now. My passport still carries my maiden name. But my kids have their fathers name. I hope we have a chance
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by farastrongman: 11:31am On Sep 24, 2015
Good day VO,
Please I need your advice on this I have applied for no immigrants visa twice and I was denied simply because at some point in my life when I was a boy my father applied for immigrant visa for me and this hasn't been concluded.

However I am an adult now, with a good job and good earning. I have been to several countries in Europe and back without hindrances. I'm not legally married though but I have 2 children and we are doing great but it's my desire to visit friends and family in the U.S. The are been so many marriages, graduations etc that I am suppose to attend but I can't because the U.S. embassy feels I would run away.
I am a senior at my work.
I own properties across lagos.
My children has been to the U.S. even their mother went and came back from a wedding ceremony few months ago.
What I do not understand is the reason the embassy will continue to tell me that I have a petition and I can't travel even when I'm the person sponsoring all of this.

Please advice, thank so much.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Yjc07: 5:24pm On Sep 24, 2015
Dear VO,
After dropping my passport at the Abuja Embassy on Monday 21st, I was issued a white paper and the lady told me to go pick up my passport at the GSS office on Wednesday 23rd,but until now I keep tracking via ustravel.docs and status reads" Your passport is still with the US Embassy/Consulate"
I'm worried because my program starts 5th October,and I have already purchased my ticket for 2nd October.Does it means my visa won't be ready before 2nd October?

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by justwise(m): 5:55pm On Sep 24, 2015
@favoredgal

Please allow the VO to answer questions here nobody else is allowed to do that.

That you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by favoredgal: 6:37pm On Sep 24, 2015
justwise:
@favoredgal

Please allow the VO to answer questions here nobody else is allowed to do that.

That you.

Ok noted. Just has a similar situation and thought to share. My bad

Apologies VO
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kaitlyn21: 4:04am On Sep 25, 2015
Dear visa officer,
I have a concern that maybe you could help me with,
In a few weeks i will be resubmitting my application for a b2(non-immigrant) visa and am overwhelmed with anxiety. My question is, will the fact that i have a long term partner who is a US citizen hurt my chances even though he is planning on moving to the UK. I am planning on going to the US to spend the upcoming holidays with my boyfriend and his family for 90 days because i have to be back in time for work in the new year so i can get my apartment i have been saving for. Since applying the first time my situation has changed, i now have a stable job, looking for an apartment and looking after my mother who has recently had a stroke, so as you can see there are factors that are tying me to my country. I am 18 and have never had a criminal record or even affiliated with the police plus i have a letter from my boss saying that i will be going back to work at a certain date. I do have american relations but i hardly know them at all. I was refused last time because my ties to my country were not strong enough mainly because i was fresh out of college, unemployed and looking to go on a 6 month gap year to see my boyfriend who i have been with for 4 years with £700. I now have $1000 and am only looking to go for 90 days to go back to a job and my family as well as the fact i have been very careful with my documents. Would you say my chances are better than last time or does the fact i have an american boyfriend hurt my chances? Also what is the shortest amount of time a b2 visa can be picked up after being accepted, just asking as a rough estimate? thankyou

(1) (2) (3) ... (51) (52) (53) (54) (55) (56) (57) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.