Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,402 members, 7,808,436 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 11:57 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (818076 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Spatz81: 12:43pm On Aug 22, 2014
Very helpful... Thanks a great deal.
abujaniv:

Thanks for your message. We cannot prejudge cases, nor give anyone advice on their "chances". Travelling to give birth is a valid use of a B visa - however, travellers wishing to do this should be prepared to demonstrate they have a legitimate medical appointment in the US, reasonable estimates of cost, and the means to pay these costs in full. Also, keep in mind that a visa merely grants the right to apply for entrance to the U.S. at a port-of-entry (such as an airport). The Customs and Border Police at the airport make the final decision regarding entrance.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by charzyh2: 1:17pm On Aug 22, 2014
basica7000: Good afternoon VO
God bless u for all ur valuable advice..it really helped me today as my visa b1/b2 was approved today interview time was just 2mins....thank God for u....pls I was directed to pick up my passport next week Wednesday .....pls I want to know if d visa would have be ready by then considering the fact I read on d consular website that visa approved since july 21st have not been ready for collection.....tnx ma and anticipating ur reply
cos I want to go get my ticket tomorrow as its still very cheap now

congrats o... Please, can you post your interview experience so that we can learn and use during our interview
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 1:31pm On Aug 22, 2014
V.O,
does making one a student during his course of study in Nigeria and being sponsored by parent on a trip to the u.s b1/b2 category specifically , makes one unqualified as a tourist., I just read that somewhere (a university student isn't qualified as a tourist and only a family member abroad can sponsor the trip and the student needs invitation letter )and I'm confused because if that is actually true then it means students can't go on holidays in the u.s even though their parents are willing to sponsor .. I need it to be clarified or debunked for better understanding.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by adigunomomama(m): 1:50pm On Aug 22, 2014
@abujaniv

Pls I want you to help with this...

The address in my statement of acct is different from my present address

Reason is that I just move to my new address not long

Hope its nt a no no no to my B1/B2 visa.

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mosopefoluwa: 6:38am On Aug 23, 2014
Hi All, please I would like to know my chances of getting a us visa. I intend travelling to go put to bed but I have never travelled out of Nigeria. I also will not be traveling with my husband but I have family I can stay with in america.

Please advise before I go ahead with my application.

Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mosopefoluwa: 12:05pm On Aug 23, 2014
Thank you.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 2:42am On Aug 24, 2014
Hello VO,
i had my baby in the US last year and i used Medicaid. It was an emergency one though. I initially paid a birthing center but was later transferred to the hospital due to emergency.after this i have tried,to pay,back but the Medicaid office in New York claimed,i,do,not owe them,and gave me a clearance letter to the effect. I have my compelete receipts,from the birthing center. I want to renew my visa now do you think this will affect me. I even wrote wen i got back to Nigeria and was told i should have an evidence that i tried paying back. Thank you
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by VantagePoint: 6:50pm On Aug 25, 2014
Thank you, V.O
I had my interview today for a B1/B2 visa to attend a cousin's wedding.
I answered all questions posed to me truthfully and clearly.
However, my application was denied.
The Consular Officer was pretty much detached during the interview but I noticed he was much interested I was going for the 1st time.
He summarily denied my application(which told me little) with a blue letter and little or no verbal explanation.
While my uncle and cousin were unhappy I was denied, they still want me to come over sometimes next year.
Is there any way of finding out why I was denied?
Is the refusal likely to jeopardize my chances the 2nd time?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kayjegs: 8:26am On Aug 26, 2014
I have asked a question on a US visa thread before now and was directed to this thread. The issue at hand is that I am bound to be in Canada latest 2nd September to start my PhD program. I booked a ticket which will route through Amsterdam to the US and then to Canada. I was told by numerous advisers that I will need a US transit visa to pass through even if I am having a Canadian student visa. I booked my departure from Nigeria for August 28, i.e two days time. What do I do now? Can I get a US transit visa in a day? Or can I get it at Amsterdam? So confused right now. Or maybe I have to get flights which will bypass US which I have not been getting right now. I will like to know what to do as I await your advice. Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by dasariabhishek3: 11:42am On Aug 26, 2014
"Hello officer" , please help me out from this situation , recently i had attended visa interview for 2 times but rejected for attempting with fake experience documents and caughted in consulate and they took some feed back from me notifying that "i had produced that fake for some xxxx price",and refused with 214(b).Sir is it cause any problem for further attempts, kindly suggest me a solution to get out from this problem which making me sleepless nights. Is this get affected for next intake also?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by kayjegs: 12:50pm On Aug 26, 2014
@Officer.....I am still expecting your reply on transit visa issues
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Africaine(f): 10:21pm On Aug 26, 2014
Myself and my baby have a 2 year visit visa expiring next year. I visited feb this year and stay 2weeks. Now I want to visit again only this time I want to go with all my kids which means I have to apply for 2 of them who don't have any visas. Am a little confused as to how to go forward since I have my visa. Can you please advise.
Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by musspuss: 12:15am On Aug 27, 2014
Hello VO,

Please I have a question and need advice on the issue as well. I applied for a B1/B2 medical/tourism visa for the purpose of delivering there. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough information regarding birthing in the US at the time my application was submitted. I had to use my brother inlaws's address at the time of application. Now, I have a hospital correspondence from a doctor in a separate town where I intend to deliver as well as hotel booking. Also, my husband who is supposed to travel with me and my daughter (as stated in the application form) can't attend the interview with us due to some extenuating circumstances even though we applied and paid the mrv together. What can we do about the inconsistencies between what is on the application and what we eventually settled for? Interview date is fast approaching.

Thank you very much as I await your expert advice.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by APFM(m): 4:26pm On Aug 28, 2014
Hello VO

I want to apply to visit US base on tourist level and also to view a particular schools for my wife and I before we decides to apply for student visa.

Both schools offers short courses like Cosmetologist for my wife and Culinary school of art for myself cos I run a restaurant but want to equip myself more.

We will also be travelling with our son if granted for the short stay.

Please need your advise on that
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ozgra: 8:04am On Aug 29, 2014
adigunomomama: @abujaniv

Pls I need help ,I was denied of fi visa sometime ago and now am pregnant and I intend to reaply for medical visa to birth what are my chances ,
Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by salt2: 4:57pm On Aug 29, 2014
Hi VO,
I am a B1 holder and my visa expires in June 2015. My Spouse has no US visa. We both like to visit the US on medical grounds (honestly to give birth). Please is it okay for both of us to apply for B2 visas even with my 10 months validity on my B1 visa?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by switchiomzy: 8:32pm On Aug 29, 2014
@abujaniv
please is it possible to get a H-1B visa or green card from Nigeria without been married to American or schooling in the US.
Esp if one has the B1/B2 visa already
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 10:00am On Aug 30, 2014
Hi VO,
I want to fill the DS-160 form. I intend lodging in a hotel. On the question of U.S. Contact Information, should I write the contact of the hotel I intend staying in? If no, what address should I write given that I have no relative in the U.S? Can I provide the address of a friend I have not been in contact with for a long time? Your urgent response will be appreciated. Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:23am On Sep 02, 2014
chloe7: V.O,
does making one a student during his course of study in Nigeria and being sponsored by parent on a trip to the u.s b1/b2 category specifically , makes one unqualified as a tourist., I just read that somewhere (a university student isn't qualified as a tourist and only a family member abroad can sponsor the trip and the student needs invitation letter )and I'm confused because if that is actually true then it means students can't go on holidays in the u.s even though their parents are willing to sponsor .. I need it to be clarified or debunked for better understanding.
If you are a student in Nigeria and going to the U.S. as a tourist, then a B1/B2 visa is valid. What you can't do is go to the U.S on a B1/B2 and then change to a student visa (F1) while there. Happy travels!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:24am On Sep 02, 2014
salt2: Hi VO,
I am a B1 holder and my visa expires in June 2015. My Spouse has no US visa. We both like to visit the US on medical grounds (honestly to give birth). Please is it okay for both of us to apply for B2 visas even with my 10 months validity on my B1 visa?
Yes, it's okay to apply for a new visa with 10 months validity on your existing visa. Be sure to clearly explain your circumstances to the Officer at your visa interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 6:27am On Sep 02, 2014
KweenCee: Hi VO,
I want to fill the DS-160 form. I intend lodging in a hotel. On the question of U.S. Contact Information, should I write the contact of the hotel I intend staying in? If no, what address should I write given that I have no relative in the U.S? Can I provide the address of a friend I have not been in contact with for a long time? Your urgent response will be appreciated. Thanks.
If you plan to stay in a hotel, then yes, include that address on your DS-160. No need to include a friend you won't be visiting as a contact.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 8:45am On Sep 02, 2014
abujaniv:
If you are a student in Nigeria and going to the U.S. as a tourist, then a B1/B2 visa is valid. What you can't do is go to the U.S on a B1/B2 and then change to a student visa (F1) while there. Happy travels!
thank you very much, this saved me all the worries.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by APFM(m): 10:33am On Sep 02, 2014
APFM: Hello VO

I want to apply to visit US base on tourist level and also to view a particular schools for my wife and I before we decides to apply for student visa.

Both schools offers short courses like Cosmetologist for my wife and Culinary school of art for myself cos I run a restaurant but want to equip myself more.

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:31pm On Sep 02, 2014
APFM: Hello VO

Thanks for your question. If you intend to travel as a tourist to view particular schools for your family, you would apply for a B1/B2 visa. You can find information on how to apply on our website http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:42pm On Sep 02, 2014
adigunomomama: @abujaniv

Thanks
Thanks for your question. We cannot advise you on particulars of your case, but your best option is to be as honest as possible about your situation during your visa interview. If you qualify for the visa you will get it.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:43pm On Sep 02, 2014
mosopefoluwa: Hi All, please I would like to know my chances of getting a us visa. I intend travelling to go put to bed but I have never travelled out of Nigeria. I also will not be traveling with my husband but I have family I can stay with in america.

Please advise before I go ahead with my application.

Thank you
Thanks for your message. We cannot prejudge cases, nor give anyone advice on their "chances". Travelling to give birth is a valid use of a B visa - however, travellers wishing to do this should be prepared to demonstrate they have a legitimate medical appointment in the US, reasonable estimates of cost, and the means to pay these costs in full. Also, keep in mind that a visa merely grants the right to apply for entrance to the U.S. at a port-of-entry (such as an airport). The Customs and Border Police at the airport make the final decision regarding entrance.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:49pm On Sep 02, 2014
sweetg: Hello VO,
i had my baby in the US last year and i used Medicaid. It was an emergency one though. I initially paid a birthing center but was later transferred to the hospital due to emergency.after this i have tried,to pay,back but the Medicaid office in New York claimed,i,do,not owe them,and gave me a clearance letter to the effect. I have my compelete receipts,from the birthing center. I want to renew my visa now do you think this will affect me. I even wrote wen i got back to Nigeria and was told i should have an evidence that i tried paying back. Thank you
Thanks for your question. While every case is different and the consular officer will determine your eligibility for the U.S. visa, applicants traveling on B1/B2 visas for medical care must prove their ability to pay for the expenses, and that includes any outstanding debts for use of public assistance.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.