Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,023 members, 7,807,003 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 08:28 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (65) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (817929 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Dotmax53: 11:50pm On Nov 20, 2015
Dear Vo,
im a musical artiste,and willing to immigrate to the Us,just for tour,and shooting of my musical video..my trip duration is up to 30days,,Simply because i got my albulm launch,concert,,immediately after my scheduled trip.....My trip will be sponsored by my record label..What are the supporting documents needed to tenderupon my interview...Moreso is my reason geniune enough as a tie to Nigeria??

Urgent answers Please
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by VinaLC: 6:24am On Nov 21, 2015
Hello, I hope it is not a problem for me to post here.
I am a US citizen but have a dear friend that I would like to have visit me for the holidays. We had originally planned for her to come visit during her pregnancy but she became ill and was unable to make it to her visa appointment. She then gave birth earlier than planned. I would like to now invite her and the baby to come for the holidays but am confused as to what exactly is needed for both of them to come. They both need a passport and visa, correct? If we write a letter of invitation stating that we will cover the expenses while they are here, is it likely they will be granted the visa? She does not currently work but does have family (mother, father, brothers) there. I have been told that it may seem she does not have enough ties to the country to be allowed to leave. She fully intends to return but I have no idea how to be sure to convey this to the officer that interviews her.?
Advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by mscindee: 11:11am On Nov 21, 2015
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by orimahspence: 7:21am On Nov 22, 2015
Good morning and happy sunday V.O , is it true that visa issuance is more strict during December period ?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:46am On Nov 23, 2015
unibadan:
Dear VO,

The Ds 160 application is not allowing hyphenated names where name is to be filled. for instance, Adewole-Otun. But if I write Adewole Otun without the hyphen, it will accept it.

Adewole-Otun is what is inside my passport data page.

what do I do in this regards.

thank you.

Hello unibadan,

Complete it without the hyphen and then explain the situation at the interview.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:47am On Nov 23, 2015
jenny12345:
Pleae VO,
I have been trying to reschedule my interview after I was told I cannot be interviewed. reason being that the Barcode in appoitment letter does not correspond with the one in my application form.
The letter I was given reads: You do not have to pay further appointment fee. reschedule in two days time. Today is the second day and I am not able to get through with it. Reason: The System demands I key in the MRV No which I have done but its not accepting it.
question:

What do I do? Pay again? or fill another DS-160 form?
Thanks

Hello jenny12345,

Contact the call center: 09 469 1748.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:47am On Nov 23, 2015
richardquest:
Hello am about renewing and i really cant remember my dad's date of birth can i skip it as i cant remember what was used 2years ago

Hello richardquest,

Take your best guess.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:48am On Nov 23, 2015
dvcrao67:
Mr. VO

Thanks for your reply ....

What makes you think it's a Mr.?

5 Likes

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:54am On Nov 23, 2015
Dotmax53:
Dear Vo,
im a musical artiste,and willing to immigrate to the Us,just for tour,and shooting of my musical video..my trip duration is up to 30days,,Simply because i got my albulm launch,concert,,immediately after my scheduled trip.....My trip will be sponsored by my record label..What are the supporting documents needed to tenderupon my interview...Moreso is my reason geniune enough as a tie to Nigeria??

Urgent answers Please

Hello Dotmax53,

It sounds like you want to visit not immigrate, is that right? First, in order to perform in the United States as a professional artist, you must be petitioned for under the P classification (NOT B1/B2 tourist/business visa). Second, you will need the petition, passport, passport photo, and confirmation page at your interview.

Once more, we don't give odds on the likelihood of you getting a visa.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:56am On Nov 23, 2015
VinaLC:
Hello, I hope it is not a problem for me to post here.
I am a US citizen but have a dear friend that I would like to have visit me for the holidays. We had originally planned for her to come visit during her pregnancy but she became ill and was unable to make it to her visa appointment. She then gave birth earlier than planned. I would like to now invite her and the baby to come for the holidays but am confused as to what exactly is needed for both of them to come. They both need a passport and visa, correct? If we write a letter of invitation stating that we will cover the expenses while they are here, is it likely they will be granted the visa? She does not currently work but does have family (mother, father, brothers) there. I have been told that it may seem she does not have enough ties to the country to be allowed to leave. She fully intends to return but I have no idea how to be sure to convey this to the officer that interviews her.?
Advice would be greatly appreciated!
Thank you in advance!

Hello VinaLC,

As we have stated many, many times on this forum: the only required documents for a tourist visa are your passport and confirmation page. Both mother and child will need to apply. We do not give odds.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:57am On Nov 23, 2015
mscindee:
Hello house, my interview date is on the 23rd of November, however, I just found out that my dad who is my sponsor was unable to get his statement of account from the bank. I'm in a dilemma. Do I reschedule the appointment until I am able to get the document or just go ahead with the interview and explain myself. As I plan to travel by December 21 and I'm not sure I'll be able to reschedule to an earlier date. Thanks

Hello mscindee,

Statements of account are not required. If they ask for it, just explain the situation.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 7:58am On Nov 23, 2015
orimahspence:
Good morning and happy sunday V.O , is it true that visa issuance is more strict during December period ?

Hello orimahspence,

Where in the world do you get your information? We adjudicate with the same level of stringency year round.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by aibisoye: 8:55am On Nov 23, 2015
Dear VO,

i intend visiting the US from the Uk next year. I just plan to spend 5 days in the US the remainder of my holiday in the Uk. Is 5 days too small to fill on my DS160 form?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Dotmax53: 10:02am On Nov 23, 2015
abujaniv:

Hello Dotmax53,

It sounds like you want to visit not immigrate, is that right? First, in order to perform in the United States as a professional artist, you must be petitioned for under the P classification (NOT B1/B2 tourist/business visa). Second, you will need the petition, passport, passport photo, and confirmation page at your interview.

Once more, we don't give odds on the likelihood of you getting a visa.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

Thanks for the response, i mean to say a Non-immgrant visa....I already got an interview appointment with a B1-B2 visa.As a musical artiste,what is the neccessary documents i need to tender at the embassy, and to prove to the Vo that i will be coming back, i mean ties,because my Record Label(employer) will me sponsoring my trip...Meanwhile im juru going for tour and pleasure,hotel already reserved...Thanks for your anticipated reponse.....
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by zeya: 11:50am On Nov 23, 2015
Dear AbujaNiv,

Please I choose Abuja as my location while filling the application form, but I found out few days after submitting the form that I will be out of Abuja for a period of 1 month due to work, hence I changed my appointment date to Lagos which will be my work location for that period. Please will there be any consequence for that, knowing that the location in my application form is different from the appointment location?.

Please I also know previously in filling the form they ask that you state countries traveled in the last 5 years but I couldn't find that again. Just want to confirm if that has been removed, though I filled all required but couldn't find that or I didn't check properly?.

Thank you as I await your response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:11pm On Nov 23, 2015
zeya:
Dear AbujaNiv,

Please I choose Abuja as my location while filling the application form, but I found out few days after submitting the form that I will be out of Abuja for a period of 1 month due to work, hence I changed my appointment date to Lagos which will be my work location for that period. Please will there be any consequence for that, knowing that the location in my application form is different from the appointment location?.

Please I also know previously in filling the form they ask that you state countries traveled in the last 5 years but I couldn't find that again. Just want to confirm if that has been removed, though I filled all required but couldn't find that or I didn't check properly?.

Thank you as I await your response.

Hello zeya,

1) Shouldn't be an issue that you changed interview locations;
2) Yes, we still ask about your travel history. Not sure how it got skipped...

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:11pm On Nov 23, 2015
aibisoye:
Dear VO,

i intend visiting the US from the Uk next year. I just plan to spend 5 days in the US the remainder of my holiday in the Uk. Is 5 days too small to fill on my DS160 form?

Hello aibisoye,

If that's your intended length, then that's your intended length.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:12pm On Nov 23, 2015
Dotmax53:

Thanks for the response, i mean to say a Non-immgrant visa....I already got an interview appointment with a B1-B2 visa.As a musical artiste,what is the neccessary documents i need to tender at the embassy, and to prove to the Vo that i will be coming back, i mean ties,because my Record Label(employer) will me sponsoring my trip...Meanwhile im juru going for tour and pleasure,hotel already reserved...Thanks for your anticipated reponse.....

Once more, you CANNOT perform in the United States, or record a music video in the United States, on a B1/B2 visa.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by omomuse23: 4:16am On Nov 24, 2015
Good day my name is muse
One of Our family friend inviting me to the state for xmas holiday, what kind of visa do i need to apply for B1 or B1/B2, since an invitation letter will be send to me along with the utility bills pls advice.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tolam08(m): 7:51am On Nov 24, 2015
Dear VO,
Please I want you to help me clarify an issue.
Please what can you tell me about invitation visa by someone who lives in USA.
What's it's duration?
Can d invitee be able to work with it when he arrives there?
What does it entail?
Thanks, waiting for your response.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by danowena: 9:45am On Nov 24, 2015
omomuse23:
Good day my name is muse
One of Our family friend inviting me to the state for xmas holiday, what kind of visa do i need to apply for B1 or B1/B2, since an invitation letter will be send to me along with the utility bills pls advice.
Dear VO,
In addition to the above;is a letter of invitation necessary if it is a self sponsored trip?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:47pm On Nov 24, 2015
omomuse23:
Good day my name is muse

Hello omomuse23,

A B1/B2 is the right visa for visting friends and family. Invitation letters are not required.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:49pm On Nov 24, 2015
tolam08:
Dear VO,
Please I want you to help me clarify an issue.
Please what can you tell me about invitation visa by someone who lives in USA.
What's it's duration?
Can d invitee be able to work with it when he arrives there?
What does it entail?
Thanks, waiting for your response.

Hello tolam08,

If you're going to visit someone in the US, you should apply for a B1/B2 visa. In general, it is valid for two years, and you are granted up to six months of presence at the port of entry.

UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES ARE YOU ALLOWED TO WORK IN THE UNITED STATES ON A B1/B2 VISA.

Doing so might disqualify you from ever receiving a visa of any kind in the future.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by omomuse23: 1:14pm On Nov 24, 2015
Alright since an invitation letter we be send to me what kind of visa do i need to apply for?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:28pm On Nov 24, 2015
omomuse23:
Alright since an invitation letter we be send to me what kind of visa do i need to apply for?

Invitation letters are not required for any visas. This would still be a B1/B2 trip because the purpose of your trip is to visit someone.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by FrontPageLawyer(m): 2:24pm On Nov 24, 2015
Good day Visa Officer,

You have stated repeatedly that the documents an applicant needs to bring are the confirmation page and passport.

In the middle of an interview, a visa officer asks for one or more of these documents e.g. Marriage Certificate, Business/Employment Documents and Tax Clearance etc.

What should the applicant say or do?

Can this lead to visa rejection knowing fully well that most visa officers are impatient?

Regards.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by steryville(m): 3:13pm On Nov 24, 2015
Good day VO
A friend has had is visa refused twice and now after 6 months cos there has been some significant changes in his life,he wants to reapply....is it ok for him to reapply within dis space of 6 month n 2ndly does refusal have implications on present applications.thanks in anticipation of ur reply
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:16pm On Nov 24, 2015
FrontPageLawyer:
Good day Visa Officer,

You have stated repeatedly that the documents an applicant needs to bring are the confirmation page and passport.

In the middle of an interview, a visa officer asks for one or more of these documents e.g. Marriage Certificate, Business/Employment Documents and Tax Clearance etc.

What should the applicant say or do?

Can this lead to visa rejection knowing fully well that most visa officers are impatient?

Regards.

Hello FrontPageLawyer,

If you don't have them, say you don't have them. It won't be the reason you're approved or refused. If we need more information or documents, we will ask you to return with them. Other documents are very rarely asked for during interviews.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:16pm On Nov 24, 2015
steryville:
Good day VO
A friend has had is visa refused twice and now after 6 months cos there has been some significant changes in his life,he wants to reapply....is it ok for him to reapply within dis space of 6 month n 2ndly does refusal have implications on present applications.thanks in anticipation of ur reply

Hello steryville,

He's welcome to reapply, but unless these changes really are significant, it is unlikely the outcome will be any different.

Regards,
Abuja NIV Team

(1) (2) (3) ... (62) (63) (64) (65) (66) (67) (68) ... (229)

QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 5

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.