Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,927 members, 7,803,027 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 April 2024 at 07:38 AM

U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening - Travel (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening (817473 Views)

A Comprehensive List Of The Documents Required For Visas / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America / Illegal Immigrant Disguised As A Car Seat Caught (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (229) (Go Down)

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:53pm On Sep 02, 2014
VantagePoint: Thank you, V.O
I had my interview today for a B1/B2 visa to attend a cousin's wedding.
I answered all questions posed to me truthfully and clearly.
However, my application was denied.
The Consular Officer was pretty much detached during the interview but I noticed he was much interested I was going for the 1st time.
He summarily denied my application(which told me little) with a blue letter and little or no verbal explanation.
While my uncle and cousin were unhappy I was denied, they still want me to come over sometimes next year.
Is there any way of finding out why I was denied?
Is the refusal likely to jeopardize my chances the 2nd time?
Thanks for your question. Unfortunately, we do not discuss the specifics of applicants' cases, however, the blue letter outlines the law under which you were refused. You are welcome to research more about visa denials and our law at http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/general/denials.html - If you apply for another B1/B2 visa in the future, a new consular officer will interview you and assess your qualifications for the visa at the time of the new interview.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 3:56pm On Sep 02, 2014
V.O I need your urgent response on this as my interview is in 3 days, I want to know if I should fill another ds-160, I have a valid hotel booking and on the part of the form that stated u.s point of contact (a person who can verify identity),i felt the hotel can't verify my identity compared to my friend that's why I filled that, but I don't know if i'm wrong for doing that, I filled in the address of an old friend instead of the address of the hotel, can I fill another form or should I go to the interview that way, I intend going to atlanta and my friend resides in Newyork and I probably might go to visit my friend from atlanta.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 3:59pm On Sep 02, 2014
kayjegs: I have asked a question on a US visa thread before now and was directed to this thread. The issue at hand is that I am bound to be in Canada latest 2nd September to start my PhD program. I booked a ticket which will route through Amsterdam to the US and then to Canada. I was told by numerous advisers that I will need a US transit visa to pass through even if I am having a Canadian student visa. I booked my departure from Nigeria for August 28, i.e two days time. What do I do now? Can I get a US transit visa in a day? Or can I get it at Amsterdam? So confused right now. Or maybe I have to get flights which will bypass US which I have not been getting right now. I will like to know what to do as I await your advice. Thanks
Thanks for your question. If you are still interested in transiting through the United States on your way to Canada, you will need to apply for a transit visa. You can read more about transit visas on this website. http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/other/transit.html - If you would like to apply, you will need to go to our website and sign up for an appointment. http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html Alternatively, you can book a flight that does not transit you through the United States. Good luck!
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:03pm On Sep 02, 2014
dasariabhishek3: "Hello officer" , please help me out from this situation , recently i had attended visa interview for 2 times but rejected for attempting with fake experience documents and caughted in consulate and they took some feed back from me notifying that "i had produced that fake for some xxxx price",and refused with 214(b).Sir is it cause any problem for further attempts, kindly suggest me a solution to get out from this problem which making me sleepless nights. Is this get affected for next intake also?
We advise all applicants to be honest and open during visa interviews. Furthermore, we advise all applicants not to present fake documents or fake visas, as these will negatively impact your qualifications for a U.S. visa. We cannot advise you on your "chances" during a future visa interview, should you decide to apply, however, we encourage all applicants to tell the truth during their interviews.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 4:07pm On Sep 02, 2014
Hi VO,
I was filling the DS-160 form and got stuck. Specifically on d question of whether one has a relative in the US. Does a person's fiance qualify as his relative?Can a person's fiance be classified as his relative?Please your urgent response is needed as i need to complete the application.Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 4:07pm On Sep 02, 2014
Africaine: Myself and my baby have a 2 year visit visa expiring next year. I visited feb this year and stay 2weeks. Now I want to visit again only this time I want to go with all my kids which means I have to apply for 2 of them who don't have any visas. Am a little confused as to how to go forward since I have my visa. Can you please advise.
Thanks.
If you and your baby already have valid B1/B2 visas that are expiring soon, you can renew via our 'dropbox program' found on our website. If you would like to apply for visit visas for your other children, you will need to fill out applications for them and come in with them for interview with a consular officer. http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/non-immigrant_visas.html
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by adigunomomama(m): 4:55pm On Sep 02, 2014
@abujaniv

Pls bro
Can you help me with the list of docs I need to go
with to the Embassy to back up my application.
Please
My interview is coming up soon this month...
Am going for a Conference sponsored by my
company
Thanks and God Bless you More...
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 4:59pm On Sep 02, 2014
Hi VO, please help me out on this.
I was filling the DS-160 form and got stuck. Specifically on d question of whether one has a relative in the US. Does a person's fiance qualify as his relative?Can a person's fiance be classified as his relative?I don't want to be misconstrued on the day of interview if i answer no to the question. Please your urgent response is needed as i need to complete the application.Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by adekunleoba: 7:08pm On Sep 02, 2014
@abujaniv

Hi VO,

I applied for B1/B2 (visiting) visa at Abuja Embassy some years back with my wife and we were denied because I was accuesd of been married to another lady before.

I was told the lady appied for immigration visa or won visa lottery, The VO told me that he can see that I never apply with the girl at embassy but the lady used my details with my picture as the husband in the form she sent back, and he advice me to go back to lagos embassy to clear things up cos thats where our appointment was schedule for

But I never apply for any visa with another lady at any USA Embassy apart from my wife.

Can you please advice me on what to do to clear up this with the Embassy, I really need to read back from you, my wifey and my inlaws taking this so serious

I NEED HELP

Expecting to read from you soon.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by silverr(f): 6:29am On Sep 03, 2014
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Blesseddisciple: 9:02am On Sep 03, 2014
Good morning VO
Thanks for your recent post and reply to questions,it has been of great help to me
Can i use the bank Statement of a family close friend who will be sponsoring my academic pursuit in US at the embassy?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tmeeto: 4:20pm On Sep 03, 2014
Dear V.O,
I have an immigrant application pending and I want to apply for a b1/b2 visa.
What are my chances of being granted the b1/b2 visa (I was denied last year but my status has changed I have a good job now)

1 Like

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Nobody: 8:35am On Sep 04, 2014
hello VO

please i need ur advise on this. i applied for a b1/b2 visa for birthing purpose in d usa but i later learnt that i should have applied for a b2 visa. I have scheduled a family appointment with my husband already and i am finding it difficult to change my ds 160 no on the appointment page. Please can i just fill another form and take the confirmation page along for the interview? Or how do i go about this?

Thank u
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by lastmanstandn(m): 12:08pm On Sep 04, 2014
Hello VO.

I applied for a tourist/leisure visa in February and was denied(in Abuja) I sincerely wanted to spend some two weeks there after my engagement.

The, I had a job(a contract one though). I filled married But now I'm applying for a students visa, I have written all the tests and secured my admission but I'm scared cus I don't know what to fill in my next application as my contract job has ended and I am separated now.

Can I apply as a single man been sponsored to study by my parents? will this affect my chances of securing a student visa.

Thanks.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:53pm On Sep 04, 2014
musspuss: Hello VO,

Please I have a question and need advice on the issue as well. I applied for a B1/B2 medical/tourism visa for the purpose of delivering there. Unfortunately, I didn't have enough information regarding birthing in the US at the time my application was submitted. I had to use my brother inlaws's address at the time of application. Now, I have a hospital correspondence from a doctor in a separate town where I intend to deliver as well as hotel booking. Also, my husband who is supposed to travel with me and my daughter (as stated in the application form) can't attend the interview with us due to some extenuating circumstances even though we applied and paid the mrv together. What can we do about the inconsistencies between what is on the application and what we eventually settled for? Interview date is fast approaching.

Thank you very much as I await your expert advice.
Thanks for the questions. Again, we are not going to comment on individual cases. Applicants who are seeking to come to the US for medical treatment have a fairly straightforward set of criteria to follow. They're outlined on our website here:
http://photos.state.gov/libraries/nigeria/487468/pdfs/MedicalVisaInformation.pdf

Keep in mind that, when you're applying for a visa for a medical purpose, you still have to meet all the qualifications for a normal visa as well. (For example,someone might be able to prove they have a bona-fide medical purpose for travelling, but nevertheless not demonstrate sufficient overall ties to qualify for a visa.) The advantage of that, of course, is that after the medical purpose is through you can still use the same visa for normal travel as long as it remains valid.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 1:57pm On Sep 04, 2014
switchiomzy: @abujaniv
please is it possible to get a H-1B visa or green card from Nigeria without been married to American or schooling in the US.
Esp if one has the B1/B2 visa already
Thanks for your inquiry. It is possible to get an H-1B visa without being married to an American, as the H1-B is for employment. Please see the following information about different categories of temporary work visas. http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/employment/temporary.html
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by tmeeto: 4:12pm On Sep 04, 2014
Dear V.O,
What are my chances of being granted the b1/b2 visa (I was denied last year but my status has changed I have a good job now)y chances of being granted the b1/b2 visa (I was denied last year but my status has changed I have a good job now)
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ezemistic: 10:09pm On Sep 04, 2014
Hello VO,
Pls I need your help, I applied for US Visa in April 2014 at Abuja embassy for me and my family (me , my wife & 1yr old daughter), but we were denied the VISA, for an unknown reason. Although I discovered that my account statement was not regular (fluctuates btw N6M to N0 to N1.5M) within the 6-months, although my total expenditure within that 6-months was upto N25M. As a worker in an oil firm i was too confident that it is ok. Another thing i noticed, is that I applied for B1/B2 whereas I told them, we may give birth to our next baby in US. Thirdly the lady requested for account statement but i gave her my pay slip before giving her my account statement, which i felt was wrong.

My question are these;

(1) Can I apply for US Visa in Oct/November 2014?

(2) If the answer to question 1 is YES? Then what will i fill in that part of DS-160 form that says " have you been denied US Visa "?

3) my wife is near her DD (Jan 2015), and by October, my stable account statement will only be 4-months, can i use a 4-months account statement for US Visa interview?

(4) I have made part payment (35% refundable deposit) to the hospital in US and 1-week payment for accommodation (although we proposed 90-days) and I hope to pay for TO & FRO flight (with refundable policy) by next week. Are these measures good steps to take?

THANKS, i hope you find time to answer my questions.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Richystar4: 11:04pm On Sep 04, 2014
I was at the embassy and I was denied visa under 214(B) act. How long do I need to wait to reapply?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:19pm On Sep 05, 2014
tmeeto: Dear V.O,
What are my chances of being granted the b1/b2 visa (I was denied last year but my status has changed I have a good job now)y chances of being granted the b1/b2 visa (I was denied last year but my status has changed I have a good job now)
Thanks for your inquiry. We cannot comment on your "chances" of getting a non-immigrant visa at this time. If you are interested in traveling for tourist purposes, then you will need to fill out an application for a b1/b2 visa and present your case to a consular officer for review. You can read all about b1/b2 visas on this website http://travel.state.gov/content/visas/english/visit/visitor.html
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:20pm On Sep 05, 2014
Richystar4: I was at the embassy and I was denied visa under 214(B) act. How long do I need to wait to reapply?
You can reapply at any time. Just visit our website and fill out an application.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:28pm On Sep 05, 2014
Ezemistic: Hello VO,
Pls I need your help, I applied for US Visa in April 2014 at Abuja embassy for me and my family (me , my wife & 1yr old daughter), but we were denied the VISA, for an unknown reason. Although I discovered that my account statement was not regular (fluctuates btw N6M to N0 to N1.5M) within the 6-months, although my total expenditure within that 6-months was upto N25M. As a worker in an oil firm i was too confident that it is ok. Another thing i noticed, is that I applied for B1/B2 whereas I told them, we may give birth to our next baby in US. Thirdly the lady requested for account statement but i gave her my pay slip before giving her my account statement, which i felt was wrong.

My question are these;

(1) Can I apply for US Visa in Oct/November 2014?

(2) If the answer to question 1 is YES? Then what will i fill in that part of DS-160 form that says " have you been denied US Visa "?

3) my wife is near her DD (Jan 2015), and by October, my stable account statement will only be 4-months, can i use a 4-months account statement for US Visa interview?

(4) I have made part payment (35% refundable deposit) to the hospital in US and 1-week payment for accommodation (although we proposed 90-days) and I hope to pay for TO & FRO flight (with refundable policy) by next week. Are these measures good steps to take?

THANKS, i hope you find time to answer my questions.
Thanks for your question. You are welcome to reapply for a visa at any time. Every case is different, however, if you choose to reapply, it is important to be as honest as possible with the consular officer during your interview. If you have been denied a U.S. visa before, then the answer to question 1 is "yes." Also, we do not advise on what kinds of bank statements to use, again, we just encourage you to be as honest and forthcoming as possible during the interview. Finally, we do not recommend applicants make partial payments, or buy flights, etc. before the visa interview. There is no guarantee that you will get the visa, and paying for expenses ahead of time may cause you significant financial loss if the visa is not granted. The requirements for medical visas are listed on our website here:
http://photos.state.gov/libraries/nigeria/487468/pdfs/MedicalVisaInformation.pdf
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:31pm On Sep 05, 2014
adekunleoba: @abujaniv

Hi VO,

I applied for B1/B2 (visiting) visa at Abuja Embassy some years back with my wife and we were denied because I was accuesd of been married to another lady before.

I was told the lady appied for immigration visa or won visa lottery, The VO told me that he can see that I never apply with the girl at embassy but the lady used my details with my picture as the husband in the form she sent back, and he advice me to go back to lagos embassy to clear things up cos thats where our appointment was schedule for

But I never apply for any visa with another lady at any USA Embassy apart from my wife.

Can you please advice me on what to do to clear up this with the Embassy, I really need to read back from you, my wifey and my inlaws taking this so serious

I NEED HELP

Expecting to read from you soon.
We appreciate your question. We cannot comment on specific cases, however, you are welcome to apply for a visa at any time and present your case before a consular officer. Ultimately, the consular officer will determine your eligibility based on the facts at the time.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:37pm On Sep 05, 2014
Blesseddisciple: Good morning VO
Thanks for your recent post and reply to questions,it has been of great help to me
Can i use the bank Statement of a family close friend who will be sponsoring my academic pursuit in US at the embassy?
We appreciate your question. You should be prepared to present evidence of your sponsor's finances if the consular officer asks. If your sponsor is a family friend, then you would present those bank statements. You can find the full information about requirements for the student visa interview on our website. http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/student_visas.html
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:41pm On Sep 05, 2014
hollabeesy2014: hello VO

please i need ur advise on this. i applied for a b1/b2 visa for birthing purpose in d usa but i later learnt that i should have applied for a b2 visa. I have scheduled a family appointment with my husband already and i am finding it difficult to change my ds 160 no on the appointment page. Please can i just fill another form and take the confirmation page along for the interview? Or how do i go about this?

Thank u
Thanks for your inquiry. You do not need to fill out another form on the website. You can just come for your scheduled interview and notify the consular officer of your purpose of travel, and be as honest and forthcoming as possible during the interview. B1/B2 visas are valid for medical travel.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by abujaniv: 12:43pm On Sep 05, 2014
lastmanstandn: Hello VO.

I applied for a tourist/leisure visa in February and was denied(in Abuja) I sincerely wanted to spend some two weeks there after my engagement.

The, I had a job(a contract one though). I filled married But now I'm applying for a students visa, I have written all the tests and secured my admission but I'm scared cus I don't know what to fill in my next application as my contract job has ended and I am separated now.

Can I apply as a single man been sponsored to study by my parents? will this affect my chances of securing a student visa.

Thanks.
Thanks for your question. We cannot comment on your "chances" of getting a student visa. We only advise you to come prepared to your visa interview and be as honest as possible during the interview. You can read about requirements for the student visa interview on our website: http://nigeria.usembassy.gov/student_visas.html
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by Ezemistic: 1:18am On Sep 06, 2014
abujaniv: Thanks for your question. You are welcome to reapply for a visa at any time. Every case is different, however, if you choose to reapply, it is important to be as honest as possible with the consular officer during your interview. If you have been denied a U.S. visa before, then the answer to question 1 is "yes." Also, we do not advise on what kinds of bank statements to use, again, we just encourage you to be as honest and forthcoming as possible during the interview. Finally, we do not recommend applicants make partial payments, or buy flights, etc. before the visa interview. There is no guarantee that you will get the visa, and paying for expenses ahead of time may cause you significant financial loss if the visa is not granted. The requirements for medical visas are listed on our website here:

Thanks for your reply. pls i still need answer for my 2nd question.
(2) If the answer to question 1 is YES? Then what will i fill in that part of DS-160 form that says " have you been denied US Visa before "?
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by ajanlekoko0105(m): 6:36am On Sep 06, 2014
Hello VO,I am self employed and just visited dubai 3months ago..I have german visa on my former passport but I didn't go..that was 2009..I am married with 2kids..I will be travelling with my wife to kenya next week but I have the mind to apply for US non-immigrant visa by november..1.what is my chance of getting US visit visa or tourism visa on this..2.should we apply for visit or tourist visa..I have a friend there who wants to send me invitation letter..
3.Do we apply with the 2kids since the school will be on session

Thanks
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by adejare01: 11:46am On Sep 06, 2014
Good day V.O, I want to make a request for the documents require for student visa? and someone told me that I need to write IELTS exam first, kindly guide me
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by poshboots: 2:35pm On Sep 06, 2014
Dear V.O,

I am currently in the U.S on OPT STEM EAD. I graduated with a degree in engineering and I got a job working for an I.T Firm which my STEM application was granted for. I want to come to Nigeria for christmas and I will need to renew my F-1 visa. I have all the documents such as my Employment Letter, Pay Stubs, EAD card, I-20 to prove I am in status and I have no pending Permanent Residency application. I am just worried about facing issues at the embassy/Port of Entry back into U.S because my current job is not exactly in engineering and I might have to prove that I have no intent of staying in U.S.after my OPT expires.

Do you think I can travel but I just have to prove myself or is it advisable not to leave the U.S at all ?

Thank you very much...
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by omotolaaaa: 12:18am On Sep 07, 2014
My visa application was denied today by the Chinese guy in window 1 in Lagos, he didn't request for documents or anything else, I even tried to pass my documents to him, well I have started filling another form to reapply because that guy didn't grant me fair hearing at all. I'm a student in the university here, single, going to see my friend in New York City and i'll be staying with him. , although in my previous application I booked a hotel with my mum's card and I was heading to atlanta, but since I didn't know anyone there, I decided to use the state where I know someone now maybe it will help me, I don't intend to over stay in the u.s, my passport isn't virgin, i've travelled to dubai severally, dear v.o kindly advise me for my situation and also help us tell your colleagues in lagos to please see our documents and don't assume we are immigrants.
Re: U.S. Non-immigrant Visas: We’re Listening by omotolaaaa: 12:22am On Sep 07, 2014
Dear v.o, is it that students in university here in Nigeria and want to travel abroad on holiday on sponsorship of their parents can't be granted visas? Because most Nigerian students don't get tourist visas whenever they apply, i've endured enough in school than for me to go and seat down in America, I have to conclude my education which I started off in nigeria.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) ... (229)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program- Connect Here Part 6 / QATAR AND UAE GENERAL VISA ENQUIRIES Part 3 / Travelling To Canada Part 6

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 81
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.