Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,143,275 members, 7,780,619 topics. Date: Thursday, 28 March 2024 at 05:45 PM

Update on WWE Recent Shows - Sports (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Update on WWE Recent Shows (38566 Views)

Suspects In The Chelsea Recent Loss Of Matches / OLIVER QUEEN (arrow) To Wrestle On WWE Summerslam (Photos) / Most Recent Picture of 74-year-old Muhammed Ali (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by lovelyronke20(f): 8:02pm On Nov 04, 2014
Debroslink:

Rusev is my man any day. I so much love Lana. She's very beautiful. However Seth Rollins is the future of the WWE. That guy is one hell of a heel.

This last episode of RAW is interesting. All thanks to Cena's absence.
#Cenasucks

Cena doesn't suck jare.. What is wrong eith u
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by RaphaellaDD(f): 8:13pm On Nov 04, 2014
Debroslink:

Rusev is my man any day. I so much love Lana. She's very beautiful. However Seth Rollins is the future of the WWE. That guy is one hell of a heel.

This last episode of RAW is interesting. All thanks to Cena's absence.
#Cenasucks

Lol Cena just needs another gimmick, most people want him to turn heel but the children will be upset so ...... grin

As for Rusev, I pray that the creative team doesn't use Cena to bury him. I can see a Rusev/Lesnar match in the future.
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by RaphaellaDD(f): 8:15pm On Nov 04, 2014
lovelyronke20:

Lmao ,Ronke are you part of the masses? I'm just tired of goody-two-shoes Cena.
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by Bratking(m): 8:51pm On Nov 04, 2014
Mods should move this thread to the TV/Movie section, cuz WWE is not a sport. It's actually the longest running TV series on the planet as of today. Like a typical TV series, it has cast (The wrestlers), Director and script writer (Triple H), Executive producer (Stephanie McMahon), and Vince McMahon (Show runner).

The performers follow a script and all the wins and losses are predetermined. Like most of high budgeted TV series for example "Alias", the moves and stunts are real enough, but some of the injuries are fake though, craftily manufactured by the head honchos to give some of their top stars a window to starr in movies without raising questions.

I repeat: WWE is a TV show not a sport.
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by RaphaellaDD(f): 9:53pm On Nov 04, 2014
Bratking:
Mods should move this thread to the TV/Movie section, cuz WWE is not a sport. It's actually the longest running TV series on the planet as of today. Like a typical TV series, it has cast (The wrestlers), Director and script writer (Triple H), Executive producer (Stephanie McMahon), and Vince McMahon (Show runner).

The performers follow a script and all the wins and losses are predetermined. Like most of high budgeted TV series for example "Alias", the moves and stunts are real enough, but some of the injuries are fake though, craftily manufactured by the head honchos to give some of their top stars a window to starr in movies without raising questions.

I repeat: WWE is a TV show not a sport.

Do you know the kind of athleticism that wrestlers need to have? That's why it's called prowrestling. They are entertainment athletes ,not TV stars.
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by Debroslink: 11:06pm On Nov 04, 2014
lovelyronke20:

Lol... I expected that from u; Cena fan.
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by Debroslink: 11:08pm On Nov 04, 2014
RaphaellaDD:

Lol Cena just needs another gimmick, most people want him to turn heel but the children will be upset so ...... grin

As for Rusev, I pray that the creative team doesn't use Cena to bury him. I can see a Rusev/Lesnar match in the future.

U self see am. So many stars have been buried by Cena. Ryback is a case study.

1 Like

Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by bigblangston: 11:21pm On Nov 04, 2014
Debroslink:

U self see am. So many stars have been buried by Cena. Ryback is a case study.
CM punk buried ryback nt cena... #cenation
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by lovelyronke20(f): 6:07am On Nov 05, 2014
I heard that wwe is planning on making ryback end rusev's winning career...
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by onyeomaonyeoma(m): 9:12am On Nov 05, 2014
I can't wait for Roman Reigns to come back and team up with #teamjohncena at survivers series.
Teamauthority is going down
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by Bratking(m): 9:25am On Nov 05, 2014
RaphaellaDD:

Do you know the kind of athleticism that wrestlers need to have? That's why it's called prowrestling. They are entertainment athletes ,not TV stars.

Believe it or not, all the WWE performers are actors. A quick visit to their respective wiki pages will have you eating your words. They were all described as professional wrestlers and actors. They are superstars in their own rights and that's why they can easily make the transition from entertainment wrestling to starring in Hollywood blockbusters.

Do you know what makes something a sport? When 2 or more individuals compete for a prize and the spectators - including the competitors themselves - aren't privy to whom is coming out tops until the final whistle. Anything that falls outside that circle surely cannot be described as a sporting event.

If you want real sports where adversaries beat the living crap out of each other without having to worry about following a script, then tune in to ESPN3 HD every Sunday and watch hardcore UFC live action.
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by bigblangston: 9:52am On Nov 05, 2014
Bratking:

Believe it or not, all the WWE performers are actors. A quick visit to their respective wiki pages will have you eating your words. They are all described as professional wrestlers and actors. They are superstars in their own rights and that's why they can easily make the transition of entertainment wrestling to starring in Hollywood blockbusters.

Do you know what makes something a sport? When 2 or more individuals compete for a prize and the spectators - including the competitors themselves - aren't privy to whom is coming out tops until the final whistle. Anything that falls outside that circle surely cannot be described as a sporting event.

If you want real sports where adversaries beat the living crap out of each other without having to worry about following a script, then tune in to ESPN3 HD every Sunday and watch hardcore UFC live action.
and u think dey don't act dat hardcore UFC,I laff in okrika
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by Bratking(m): 10:21am On Nov 05, 2014
bigblangston:
and u think dey don't act dat hardcore UFC,I laff in okrika

Dude, Wikipedia is your friend. Mixed martial arts (MMA) is as real as boxing and kick boxing. You're only laughing at your own ignorance.
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by bigblangston: 10:30am On Nov 05, 2014
Bratking:

Dude, Wikipedia is your friend. Mixed martial arts (MMA) is as real as boxing and kick boxing. You're only laughing at your own ignorance.
Dude calm down,hope u ve a nice day. Cheers
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by RaphaellaDD(f): 11:28am On Nov 05, 2014
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by RaphaellaDD(f): 11:41am On Nov 05, 2014
In UFC, they use quite a good bit of theatre too. I'm not taking anything away from the fights cause those are just awesome, and quite real,but their feuds and promos and other stuff are every bit as scripted as WWE's. BTW, are you in Nigeria? What satellite TV do you get ESPN on? I just stream mine, and that can be a headache at times. tongue
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by Bratking(m): 12:38pm On Nov 05, 2014
UFC scripted?? Lots of ignorant folks in this thread. Why did I even bother?
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by RaphaellaDD(f): 12:58pm On Nov 05, 2014
Bratking:

If you had read the next post,you'd have seen that I said that the fights are real but their feuds and promos and some gimmicks are scripted. And you can pass your message across without being rude or insulting.
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by bigblangston: 1:51pm On Nov 05, 2014
I wonder hw a fellow will be throwin derogatory words jst to pass his message across as if he wud be paid by UFC for promotin their franchise on NL... WTF...
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by lovelyronke20(f): 3:10pm On Nov 05, 2014
Bratking:

If you are not contributing to the discussion here, you should please leave

1 Like

Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by Bratking(m): 3:16pm On Nov 05, 2014
lovelyronke20:

Had already left, till you foolishly caught my attention by quoting me, thereby forcing my to come back and point out your foolish ways to you.
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by RaphaellaDD(f): 3:36pm On Nov 05, 2014
Wow, now I understand the meaning of the word 'obnoxious' .
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by Jskelly11: 3:38pm On Nov 05, 2014
Bratking:

Had already left, till you foolishly caught my attention by quoting me, thereby forcing my to come back and point out your foolish ways to you.
bros chill why all this harsh comments UFC is real so let it be
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by Jskelly11: 3:38pm On Nov 05, 2014
Bratking:

bros chill why all this harsh comments UFC is real so let it be we love WWE AS IT IS so bros please chill out
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by Bratking(m): 3:39pm On Nov 05, 2014
Jskelly11:
bros chill why all this harsh comments UFC is real so let it be

Dude, I'm calm. Just bemused is all.
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by RaphaellaDD(f): 4:07pm On Nov 05, 2014
Was watching old videos of WWE HOF Edge who's one of my fav wrestlers of all time and I decided to pose this question; who is/are your fav wrestlers of all time?

My complete list includes; Edge, Triple H, The Rock, Randy Orton, Jeff Hardy, Wade Barrett, Cesaro, Seth Rollins, Dean Ambrose and Brock Lesnar (you didn't think my husband would be missing from the list, did you? )
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by lovelyronke20(f): 4:53pm On Nov 05, 2014
Bratking:

U will be alright bro.. Just take your medication

1 Like

Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by bigblangston: 5:02pm On Nov 05, 2014
lovelyronke20:

why r u wastin ur time on dat dude,u shud ve realised by nw dat talkin to dat guy is jst lik givin a goat scholarship. Leave him and focus on ur thread
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by vosquare: 8:36am On Nov 06, 2014
bigblangston:
why r u wastin ur time on dat dude,u shud ve realised by nw dat talkin to dat guy is jst lik givin a goat scholarship. Leave him and focus on ur thread
grin grin
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by Debroslink: 6:34pm On Nov 10, 2014
Bray Wyatt my man. See the way he scared the hell out of Dean Ambrose grin
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by lovelyronke20(f): 6:41pm On Nov 10, 2014
Debroslink:
Bray Wyatt my man. See the way he scared the hell out of Dean Ambrose grin

Lol I bet ambrose was scared to death
Re: Update on WWE Recent Shows by daveP(m): 7:40pm On Nov 10, 2014
lovelyronke20:

Lol I bet ambrose was scared to death
phew, evening y'all

was absent cos of miss Nl duties.
Shout out to my wwe padis

debroslink
raphaellaDD (add a T to make it DDT!!) grin
vosquare
bigblangston
Jskelly11

and..... (throat hangs)
shocked

wink

i don miss plenty o

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (23) (Reply)

Anthony Joshua Set To Fight Kubrat Pulev At Tottenham Hotspur Stadium On June 20 / Professional Referee Suspended For Using A Fan's Phone To Review A Goal / Mikel Obi Wows Middlesbrough Fans After Thrilling Performance- Trends On Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.