Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,750 members, 7,802,295 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 12:05 PM

TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. - Autos (18) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. (262753 Views)

Clean And Lagos Clearing Tokunbo Camry For Sale 900k / Total Cost Of Clearing A Vehicle In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (94) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by dbeebee: 5:12pm On Jul 09, 2016
Pls help...how much is it likely to clear a toyota corolla 2005 coming from Canada...Is it true dt custom duty has increased
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 8:10pm On Jul 09, 2016
dbeebee:
Pls help...how much is it likely to clear a toyota corolla 2005 coming from Canada...Is it true dt custom duty has increased
with the current rate, that will be cleared with 380k. Yes the Customs duty has been increase by almost 40% due to the use of 282.25 as the exchange rate to a dollar.
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 9:35am On Jul 16, 2016
Good day my fellow followers, I am very sure that some of you that made importation at this particular month of July must have been facing some difficulty at the moment, well the truth is that it is a pity that we live in a society that does not have along terms business plan for her economy.On 01/07/2016, we woke up and met the current CBN exchange rate of 282.25 to a dollars which they instructed the Nigeria Customs to be use Against the previous 197 to a dollar that many importers have already use to open either their Form M or purchased their consignment far back two months ago but now forced to use the current 282.25 to clear their goods from the ports and that leads to almost 43% in the increase of the duty which they have not budgeted for. For the importers of used vehicles in Nigeria, the story is not different as you are now to pay about 43% increased on the duty .
Below are some copies of the old and current duty rate for some vehicles for your consideration before deciding on importing used vehicles.
N.B , If there is any reduction or reversing on the duty in the future,trust me I will update you straight away without delay.
For more information, you may call Prince Johnson on 08036240534,mail:tobaprince11@yahoo.com.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by pleasureosondu(m): 1:55pm On Jul 24, 2016
johnseno:
Good day my fellow followers, I am very sure that some of you that made importation at this particular month of July must have been facing some difficulty at the moment, well the truth is that it is a pity that we live in a society that does not have along terms business plan for her economy.On 01/07/2016, we woke up and met the current CBN exchange rate of 282.25 to a dollars which they instructed the Nigeria Customs to be use Against the previous 197 to a dollar that many importers have already use to open either their Form M or purchased their consignment far back two months ago but now forced to use the current 282.25 to clear their goods from the ports and that leads to almost 43% in the increase of the duty which they have not budgeted for. For the importers of used vehicles in Nigeria, the story is not different as you are now to pay about 43% increased on the duty .
Below are some copies of the old and current duty rate for some vehicles for your consideration before deciding on importing used vehicles.
N.B , If there is any reduction or reversing on the duty in the future,trust me I will update you straight away without delay.
For more information, you may call Prince Johnson on 08036240534,mail:tobaprince11@yahoo.com.
Nice one bro. Please what is d cost of importing a 2007 Toyota camry via RORO from Canada?
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 10:25pm On Jul 24, 2016
pleasureosondu:
Nice one bro. Please what is d cost of importing a 2007 Toyota camry via RORO from Canada?
cost of shipping actually depends on the shipping line as their shipping rate varies , so you can check on Grimaldi shipping line ,AES, IMS,Sallum and APS websites for their respective shipping rate.thanks
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by kenawo: 10:43pm On Jul 24, 2016
Hello

Pls whats the cost of clearing from the usa(grimaldi);
Trying to make up my mind on which is the most affordable based on cost of clearing in lagos esp now that clearing cost ve risen 45%!!!

Toyota highlander 2013
BMW X3 2013
Ford explorer 2015

thanks
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 6:44am On Jul 25, 2016
kenawo:
Hello

Pls whats the cost of clearing from the usa(grimaldi);
Trying to make up my mind on which is the most affordable based on cost of clearing in lagos esp now that clearing cost ve risen 45%!!!

Toyota highlander 2013
BMW X3 2013
Ford explorer 2015

thanks
can't give correct quote for now except you provide copy of bilading in order to know how much duty the valuation officer will be able to give.you may call me on 08036240534 for more clarification. Thanks.
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by kevyngbash(m): 5:58pm On Jul 30, 2016
hello ,
please give me Lagos clearing cost for
1. 2008 Ford Edge via container (Grimaldi)
2. 2009 and 2011 Toyota Corolla (container)
3. 2009 and 2010 Toyota Venza (roro)
4. 2004 and 2005 Rx330 (roro)
all Grimaldi
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by tbssodas: 6:45pm On Jul 30, 2016
johnseno:

Dear Prince,

Many thanks for this post as it is very helpful for some of us sending cars to Nigeria. Could you please paste a list of 2007, 2008, 2009 also? I will definitely give you big job soonest. Or send it to my email sodas.autos@gmail.com.

Regards
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by tbssodas: 6:49pm On Jul 30, 2016
johnseno:

Dear Prince,

Many thanks for this post as it is very helpful for some of us sending cars to Nigeria. Could you please paste a list of 2007, 2008, 2009 also? I will definitely give you big job soonest. Or send it to my email sodas.autos@gmail.com.

Regards.
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by ForcefullBULL: 1:27am On Aug 01, 2016
I bought an accidented 2009 CRV from USA V4
It was bought at $4000 and 2004 altima at $1200

How much will it cost me to clear them. Does the Nigerian customs have their valuation or will they use the amount I bought them to calculate my duties.
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 8:09pm On Aug 01, 2016
tbssodas:

Dear Prince,

Regards.
thnanks, but you have to be patient for now as regards to to what you requested for since the exchange rate has been jacked up to 313 to a dollar by the CBN toady 01/08/2016.
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 8:12pm On Aug 01, 2016
ForcefullBULL:
I bought an accidented 2009 CRV from USA V4
It was bought at $4000 and 2004 altima at $1200

How much will it cost me to clear them. Does the Nigerian customs have their valuation or will they use the amount I bought them to calculate my duties.

The Nigeria Customs have their own range data values sir,so that is what will be use to calculate your duty.I will surely get it across to you in my subsequent post with the new exchange rate.thanks
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by ForcefullBULL: 8:29pm On Aug 01, 2016
johnseno:
thanks, but you have to be patient for now as regards to to what you requested for since the exchange rate has been jacked up to 313 to a dollar by the CBN toady 01/08/2016.

So import duty will be moving zig zag according to the dollar rates. what a mess of government
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 7:51am On Aug 02, 2016
ForcefullBULL:

So import duty will be moving zig zag according to the dollar rates. what a mess of government
Exactly, Our economy will now be controlled by dollar exchange rate.
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by Nobody: 12:44am On Aug 03, 2016
Is the clearing cost for salvaged or accidented vehicles same with clean title ones?
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by arbitrage: 1:43am On Aug 03, 2016
Who can clear 2006 Range Rover Supercharged for me and what's current clearing charge for that?
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 7:33am On Aug 03, 2016
Customs Duty hike: We’re finished, say importers, agents
— 3rd August 2016......today punch news paper.

Following another hike in Customs import duty rate from N282 per dollar to an all-time high of N313, importers and clearing agents say the development appears the final death knell to wipe off the nation’s import community.
In June, the Nigeria Customs Service (NCS), in response to the flexible exchange rate introduced by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN), adjusted the import exchange rate system from N197 to N282.
Thousands of consignments caught in the sudden change were affected by the hike forcing importers to part with large chunks of money for clearance.
They had barely recovered from the June shock when the Customs, following a directive from the central bank and the Finance Ministry (its supervising Ministry), jerked up the duty exchange rate to N313 to a dollar.
Lamenting the increase, an importer, Williams Okechukwu, said, “importers are finished in Nigeria. Nothing is working. This increase is like asking importers to go and die.
You opened your Form M with N282 and by the time you want to clear, you’re told it’s N313. This is the height of government’s insensitivity. Many of our members have closed shop, with their workers laid off because cost of goods have doubled and it’s still going to increase with this development. Government shouldn’t kill people to realise revenue. We need to protest this wickedness,” he stated.
Also lamenting the development, the Association of Nigerian Licensed Customs Agents (ANLCA) said it was jolted by the increase.
The association’s National Publicity Secretary, Kayode Farinto, said: “We woke up this morning (Monday) to see that NCS has for the second time in less than two months changed the exchange rate to N313 for all declarations. This is absurd, wrong and barbaric considering the fact that many importers have done their transactions and opened Form M at N282.
“This will surely have its backlash effect because the government is actually taking people for a ride. Leaders in the maritime industry, for once, need to come together to fight this injustice. We all need to be part of this struggle since we are all stakeholders in the industry,” he said.
For the Customs, the increase was a mere compliance with a Federal Government directive. According to a government source in Abuja, the development, though unfriendly to importers, will improve Customs’ revenue.
“No one should blame Customs. They’ve complied with government’s directive. Any grievances should be directed to the Ministry of Finance. The CBN originates the new duty rate as directed by the Finance Ministry.
“They resumed work on Monday and found the new rate on the system and said that must be applied to all imports with immediate effect,” the source stated.
Recall that when Customs increased the duty rate from N197 to N282 in June, the PTML Chapter of ANLCA protested the hike by going on strike for three days.
But ANLCA said its action would be determined by the National Executive Committee (NECOM) of ANLCA.

1 Like

Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 7:37am On Aug 03, 2016
adeolaademuluyi:
Is the clearing cost for salvaged or accidented vehicles same with clean title ones?
The factors that determine accidented vehicles are:
1. The airbags must be out.
2.The chassis must be affected.
3.The frontal or back side must be damaged and that only wave 20% of the normal duty.
Thanks
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by EkeneElectrons(m): 8:03am On Aug 03, 2016
please check your mail
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by EkeneElectrons(m): 8:06am On Aug 03, 2016
since duty is 313, government is telling us to start "made in nigeria"
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by williesmith: 1:22pm On Aug 04, 2016
I live in Canada at the moment and last time I needed a car I just ordered it from the US ( thanks to https://clearit.ca/ ) , where they're actually cheaper. You can get in touch with these guys to find out all the details of co-working.
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 8:48am On Aug 13, 2016
DO YOU NEED A PERSON OF INTEGRITY, WHO IS TRUSTWORTHY, RELIABLE AND DEDICATED TO PERSONALIZED SERVICES TO HANDLE CLEARING AND DELIVERY OF YOUR GOODS IN ANY NIGERIA SEA PORTS AND AIRPORTS,
THEN PROCEED AND CONTACT US NOW FOR PROFESSIONAL WAY TO HANDLE YOUR JOB.
PHONE NUMBER: 08036240534
E-MAIL: tobaprince11@yahoo.com
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by thatdude99: 8:36pm On Aug 21, 2016
Hello which is more expensive to clear a containerised vehicle or a roro vehicle or are they the same rate?
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 9:48pm On Aug 21, 2016
thatdude99:
Hello which is more expensive to clear a containerised vehicle or a roro vehicle or are they the same rate?
containerised vehicles.
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by Lamitan: 10:30pm On Aug 21, 2016
Please give me an estimated cost of clearing either Benz GL450 or E250 both 2014 model. Thanks
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by Lamitan: 10:30pm On Aug 21, 2016
Please give me an estimated cost of clearing either Benz GL450 or E350 both 2014 model. Thanks
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 9:06am On Aug 22, 2016
Lamitan:
Please give me an estimated cost of clearing either Benz GL450 or E350 both 2014 model. Thanks
you have to provide the copy of bilading before the accurate amount can be obtained from valuation section of Nigeria customs services as the vehicles in question is above 2010.thanks
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by thatdude99: 9:24am On Aug 22, 2016
johnseno:
containerised vehicles.

Is it 10%, 20% or 50% more? Pls give me an estimate
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 10:10am On Aug 22, 2016
thatdude99:

Is it 10%, 20% or 50% more? Pls give me an estimate
just about 10% more.
Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by jarkbauer: 11:49pm On Aug 25, 2016
Does Customs require TIN number for clearing of cars? A friend of my said one needs to register for TIN before his car can be cleared?How much does it cost to register for it.

1 Like

Re: TOTAL COSTS OF CLEARING TOKUNBO VEHICLES. by johnseno: 9:57am On Aug 26, 2016
jarkbauer:
Does Customs require TIN number for clearing of cars? A friend of my said one needs to register for TIN before his car can be cleared?How much does it cost to register for it.
Tax Identification Number is needed for you to have your company or individual business name on the platform of Nigeria Customs asycuda ++, it requires between 3000 to 5000 for individual and company respectively.

(1) (2) (3) ... (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) ... (94) (Reply)

BBC - Bigger Boys Club!! ***Exotic Cars Only*** / Unlock Your Car Stereo Free Here ,free Radio Unlock Codes, / Pre Order Your Car From The Usa, 40% Deposit, 21 Days Guaranteed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.