Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,890 members, 7,802,864 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 11:58 PM

Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club (15662 Views)

Injury Hits Super Eagles Ahead Of Double-header / Fresh Crisis Hits Nigeria Football As Court Sacks New NFF Board / Nigeria’s Supporters Club To Acquire A Private Jet – Rafiu Ladipo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by whoawa(m): 10:15am On Jun 30, 2014
About 250 members of the Nigeria Football Supporters Club, NFSC, will miss watching the match between Nigeria and France in Brasilia today as they had to leave Brazil yesterday for Nigeria due to paucity of funds.

According to some aggrieved members, the return ticket for most members of the club was for June 29 and others for July 1, but the leadership did not notify the affected until Saturday, even as their flight was billed for 12:40am yesterday.

Only 100 members of the club left Sao Paulo yesterday for Brasilia, about 16 hours drive by road.

A member, who gave her name as Uju, said: “We have enough funds. Most of us paid N300, 000. I paid N300, 000 as money charged. I spent N80, 000 as visa fee, but I was left in Nigeria and had to spend another N350, 000 to get to Brazil.

“President Goodluck Jonathan gave the club N50m and our major sponsors – Globacom, Guinness and even Alhaji Aliko Dangote.”

Another member of the club, who gave his name simply as Oba, said: “I paid N300, 000, but since I got to Brazil I have been feeding myself.

“I have also spent my pocket money for all the trips on the road to Curitiba, Cuiaba, Porto Alegre and back to Sao Paolo. How can the leaders arrange that we are leaving after the group stage? Were they pessimistic about the Super Eagles’ performance?”

Another member, who also gave her name simply as Titilayo, said: “Even though they had made such arrangements, now that the Super Eagles are in the Round of 16, the leaders are supposed to reschedule our flights by extending it. When we get home, the President- General and the national chairman must explain to us what they did with our money.”

A member from the Lagos State chapter of the club, however, noted that the crisis had resulted from what he called internal crisis in the club.

He alleged that a faction of the club had hoarded funds donated by some multi-national organisations.

But the President-General of the club, Dr. Rafiu Ladipo, who admitted the crisis, said: “Some members have to go for some of us to still stay to support the Super Eagles.”

http://nationalmirroronline.net/new/crisis-hits-super-eagles-supporters-club/

1 Like

Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by majamajic(m): 10:23am On Jun 30, 2014
So even the FA don't expect us to go beyond the group stage, this country called niger area.

7 Likes

Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by Nobody: 10:33am On Jun 30, 2014
the girl named Titilayo said it all .

1 Like

Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by NaLaugh: 12:46pm On Jun 30, 2014
When will Nigeria do something right.. ANYTHING right (except steal of course, that's an A+).

no be only "Internal crisis" angry

11 Likes

Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by lafuria1(m): 12:48pm On Jun 30, 2014
Greed and corruption everywhere. Smh

5 Likes

Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by tnktosin(m): 12:49pm On Jun 30, 2014
Is this country cursed? Someone has stolen the money even though he's not corrupt #JustThinkingAloud

12 Likes

Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by ibrews: 12:50pm On Jun 30, 2014
chai

indeed, There Was a Country!

3 Likes

Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by Coolboi05(m): 12:50pm On Jun 30, 2014
Hmm...
Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 30, 2014
Na wa o. Must we show our corruption everywhere and in everything? undecided

1 Like

Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jun 30, 2014
shap shap, dey don chop d money clean mouth........ naija i hail ooo

4 Likes

Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by Penssuwa(m): 12:52pm On Jun 30, 2014
This is very pathetic
Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by Nobody: 12:52pm On Jun 30, 2014
Na Laugh: When will Nigeria do something right.. ANYTHING right (except steal of course, that's an A+).

no be only "Internal crisis" angry
Wait until somebody would call you Negro for asking the right question. It is sad we can't organize ourselves and activities. It is annoying! Jeez! lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by mumubynature(m): 12:53pm On Jun 30, 2014
error 522,.......cloudflare.......It could be worst than u think....It might take long than u expected

1 Like

Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by Siga: 12:54pm On Jun 30, 2014
.... When will Nigerians care about each other.... why all these selfishness.... We just dont have any regard or respect for the next person beside us.... When will the love of money stop in Nigeria.... When are we gonna look at ourself and say.... Let me take care of my brothers and sisters.... Na wa ooo....

6 Likes

Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by YoungDaNaval(m): 12:54pm On Jun 30, 2014
God Have Mercy......
Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by Kunzu(m): 12:54pm On Jun 30, 2014
Na wa oooo. Our supporters club don start wit their own kokori. Y are our(NFF and NFSC) always doubting d National team
in evry international competition.

4 Likes

Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by damola311: 12:54pm On Jun 30, 2014
Corruption everywhere
Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by Ayomax(m): 12:55pm On Jun 30, 2014
Corruption every where. sick of this country

1 Like

Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by Nobody: 12:55pm On Jun 30, 2014
#waste of money...300,000...that is someone's capital to start a comfortable business

12 Likes

Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by ijbeauty(f): 12:55pm On Jun 30, 2014
Is there any sincere Nigerian left??

The officials should have gone home so these people can stay and do the cheering...

Can imagine fat potbellied Dr. Rafiu Ladipo,.....

3 Likes

Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by Nobody: 12:56pm On Jun 30, 2014
With 300k, you can get urself to brazil, support ur country and still come back when U soo desire to. Why go under the name of a Nonsense Supporters Club??

7 Likes

Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by luggy(m): 12:57pm On Jun 30, 2014
that is wat nigeria are good for, coruption.,
Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by zurine(f): 12:58pm On Jun 30, 2014
they should have foreseen this
Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by sheddyboy: 12:59pm On Jun 30, 2014
See money abeg, any way make una no juz fall our hand 4 france side today oh.

Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jun 30, 2014
nigerians with there problem.... They will always show themselv everywhere....
Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by Nobody: 1:02pm On Jun 30, 2014
Abracadabra is in everything in Nigeria,the more you look,the less you see.
Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by Tval(m): 1:04pm On Jun 30, 2014
Nigeria is another name for corruption.

4 Likes

Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by Nobody: 1:05pm On Jun 30, 2014
you are coming home after all,France 2 Nigeria. 0

3 Likes

Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by otokx(m): 1:07pm On Jun 30, 2014
Stealing is not corruption.

1 Like

Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by Smartsyn(m): 1:08pm On Jun 30, 2014
we ve survive many things, we ll survive this too, supporters or no supporters .. infact all the Africans supports you now.
Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by xamster(m): 1:09pm On Jun 30, 2014
When will corruption stop in this country. Both at home and in the international environment sad

1 Like

Re: Cash Crisis Hits Super Eagles’ Supporters Club by chincent: 1:11pm On Jun 30, 2014
Even our President says that stealing is not corruption, looting is not corruption also. But let all Nigerians remember that there is God oooo!

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Coronavirus: McLaren Withdraws From Australian Grand Prix, Team Member Positive / FIFA Confirms Plans For 24-Team Club World Cup In 2021 - MySportDab / Breaking: UEFA Deny Reports That Argentina Will Play In UEFA Nations League

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.