Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,005 members, 7,799,447 topics. Date: Tuesday, 16 April 2024 at 09:28 PM

Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. (45123 Views)

See What Our Future Leaders Are Doing(pics) / If You Were The One Marking This Waec Paper Would You Do? / Man Marking WAEC May/june 2015 In A BRT Bus: Right Or Wrong? (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by papindinho(m): 8:16pm On Jun 30, 2014
kevoh: One does not even know who to blame anymore? It is really pathetic! cry
Exactly bro. Do we blame it on the government as a result of the poor handling of the educational sector? Or the students for being way too lazy to do their primary assignments? Or laxity among teachers which paints them as a dissatisfied workforce? Or we blame corruption that has eaten deep to the fabric of our dear nation?

Urrgh!

1 Like

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Nobody: 8:17pm On Jun 30, 2014
ferdimako:
Who allowed you to mark?....oh the same thing!
U don start again

1 Like

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by sCross: 8:23pm On Jun 30, 2014
FrancisTony:

...actually, you need to be fixing correct words beside it. So, what happened to the professor or you mean to say it is spelt as 'Proffessor'?. gringrin

Don't wash your dirty linen in public. The sentence read "a lot of professor". Does that sound right to you?

Incase it does, "professors" is the appropriate word.

9 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Nobody: 8:25pm On Jun 30, 2014
papindinho: Exactly bro. Do we blame it on the government as a result of the poor handling of the educational sector? Or the students for being way too lazy to do their primary assignments? Or laxity among teachers which paints them as a dissatisfied workforce? Or we blame corruption that has eaten deep to the fabric of our dear nation?

Urrgh!

It should be corruption. Most of the teachers we have in Nigeria don't have the zeal to teach. They took teaching as an alternative to survive since they couldn't get a good job in a field they were trained on. Teachers are not paid well in this our country. So, you don't expect someone who has passion for it but got a lucrative job waiting for him/her to accept the profession of teaching. undecided

3 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by flolancracker: 8:31pm On Jun 30, 2014
§Cross¤:

Don't wash your dirty linen in public. The sentence read "a lot of professor". Does that sound right to you?

You spoke my mind.

Posting a comment on nairaland isn't by force, if you've got nothing sensible to say, kindly shut it.

2 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Nobody: 8:36pm On Jun 30, 2014
§Cross¤:

Dude, google the idiom you used and tell me if it fits in your sentence. lipsrsealed
Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by 3coins(m): 8:37pm On Jun 30, 2014
with all due respect to the op...i find it very sad and pathetic that someone with a not too strong command of English like op is marking waec scripts.... sad

14 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by sCross: 8:37pm On Jun 30, 2014
FrancisTony:

It can be crammed. Btw, grammatical flaws ain't penalised in Economics.

I beg to differ . Picture this "Economies is define as the science that can studies behaviour as a relationships between ends and scarce means which have alternative use"

How does that sound? Now imagine a whole script is riddled with errors. What do you think will happen?

6 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by rkarang: 8:38pm On Jun 30, 2014
ferdimako:

Exactly, that was what I wanted to do. His post doesn't make any difference.

When are we going to stop the idea of condemning students? Why can't we find lasting solutions to the problems of those students?

It's high time we recognized that students have different levels of understanding. The method that works for A may not work for B. Therefore, we should try to understand these students & not browbeating them.

Dear OP,

Please stop the condemnation; let's help these students in our own little way.

They can also learn but they need monitoring; i.e. someone who's going to monitor their progress. They want you to encourage and convince them.

Finally, you can bring out the best in them.

Thanks smiley

7 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by 3coins(m): 8:41pm On Jun 30, 2014
FrancisTony:

*Sigh* He marked Economics not English, Mr. English professor!

Btw, some of the words you cancelled ain't wrong. You don't even know what you're doing. Smh!

Next=====> undecided
oga,even if he marked yoruba...the mistakes he made in his write up re inexcusable

8 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by sCross: 8:42pm On Jun 30, 2014
FrancisTony:

Dude, google the idiom you used and tell me if it fits in your sentence. lipsrsealed

Loooooool. Do you really want to go there??

Oh well, i think i have spare time for you.
Dirty linen in this context stands for your ignorance.
Dont wash in public means you shouldnt put up your ignorance for the world to see.

Any more questions? About to get busy...

5 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by papindinho(m): 8:42pm On Jun 30, 2014
FrancisTony:

It should be corruption. Most of the teachers we have in Nigeria don't have the zeal to teach. They took teaching as an alternative to survive since they couldn't get a good job in a field they were trained on. Teachers are not paid well in this our country. So, you don't expect someone who has passion for it but got a lucrative job waiting for him/her to accept the profession of teaching. undecided
yet we have to trace that to their employers. Do we say their employer (government) has no good screening system? Or we say they leave the teachers to do what they feel like after recruitment?

Teachers are humans so we should expect some evasive scented behaviours from them.
Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Nobody: 8:45pm On Jun 30, 2014
§Cross¤:

I beg to differ . Picture this "Economies is define as the science that can studies behaviour as a relationships between ends and scarce means which have alternative use"

How does that sound? Now imagine a whole script is riddled with errors. What do you think will happen?

Okay! Do you mind re-checking my post? I said "it can be crammed".
Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by juwoonn(m): 8:47pm On Jun 30, 2014
ferdimako:
I marked Economics and not English Language bcs I am an Economist.
If you studied linguistic in school and we speak at the same level then you are a disgrace to your profession.
For your information every subject has its own terminology. And that's why some people have distinctions in eight subjects and fail English Language.
Olodo....

15 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by juwoonn(m): 8:52pm On Jun 30, 2014
FrancisTony:

*Sigh* He marked Economics not English, Mr. English professor!

Btw, some of the words you cancelled ain't wrong. You don't even know what you're doing. Smh!

Next=====> undecided
God bless you.

2 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Jun 30, 2014
papindinho: yet we have to trace that to their employers. Do we say their employer (government) has no good screening system? Or we say they leave the teachers to do what they feel like after recruitment?

Teachers are humans so we should expect some evasive scented behaviours from them.

The problem is salary.
Public schools in Nigeria usually employ teachers that graduated from college of Education. How do you expect candidate that got below 160 in jamb to do well in teaching profession?. If teaching job is lucrative, we will have the best teachers and our C.O.E will be competitive. Even in our Universities, education courses have a lower cutoff that other course. Smh

1 Like

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by juwoonn(m): 9:00pm On Jun 30, 2014
Mazi_Omenuko:

There's no way to help a student with an empty script! There are those WAEC employs to cross-check the scripts submitted by the markers. How u wan help someone that submitted an empty script? Will you fill the answers for him and then mark it?
There is a marking scheme we follow. If a candidate scores 0/80 I award 0 and if he/she scores 39 I award 39.
Last year, I marked 94/100 and another 93/100 from a school in Lagos. I was scared I might have dashed out marks and gave the scripts to my team leader to vet and he scored them 96 and 92.
If you are good, you will get good marks and if you are poor, you'll get poor marks. That's WAEC.

4 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by sCross: 9:00pm On Jun 30, 2014
FrancisTony:

Okay! Do you mind re-checking my post? I said "it can be crammed".

Dude who cares about cramming?!! My only issue was when you said grammatical blunders aren't penalized in economics

We all go wrong sometimes but we should be man enough to admit and move on.

You're just trying to save face and it's not working
Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Dygeasy(m): 9:00pm On Jun 30, 2014
Actually every bad speaker/writer of the English Language on this thread have no excuse as all of us here have a thing or two to say about our failed education system.

Accept the fact that you're wrong and stop proving baseless points.

Gbagaun no get two names. Gbagaun na gbagaun!!!

3 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by rkarang: 9:01pm On Jun 30, 2014
papindinho: Exactly bro. Do we blame it on the government as a result of the poor handling of the educational sector? Or the students for being way too lazy to do their primary assignments? Or laxity among teachers which paints them as a dissatisfied workforce? Or we blame corruption that has eaten deep to the fabric of our dear nation?

Urrgh!

Wow! I love this post smiley

1 Like

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Nobody: 9:02pm On Jun 30, 2014
§Cross¤:

Dude who cares about cramming?!! My only issue was when you said grammatical blunders aren't penalized in economics

We all go wrong sometimes but we should be man enough to admit and move on.

You're just trying to save face and it's not working

Okay! I accept that I was wrong. Thanks. Are you now happy? smiley

2 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by juwoonn(m): 9:04pm On Jun 30, 2014
under_over:
So, u be teacher? Omo Alabi smiley
grin
Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by sCross: 9:07pm On Jun 30, 2014
FrancisTony:

Okay! I accept that I was wrong. Thanks. Are you now happy? smiley

And he's still trying...

1 Like

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by shigoslim(m): 9:08pm On Jun 30, 2014
Corruption, religion, and ethno sentiment are the major factors of our poor education system. The best for the job are helpless and hopeless roaming around the street for an opportunity while the unqualified were getting the job with with low or poor performances. May GoD help dz nation.

1 Like

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by juwoonn(m): 9:11pm On Jun 30, 2014
3coins: with all due respect to the op...i find it very sad and pathetic that someone with a not too strong command of English like op is marking waec scripts.... sad
Tell waec to go and hire English professors to mark all subjects.
Oloshi!

See. I had C6 in English language when I wrote WAEC some 15 years ago. BUT the joy of it is I wrote my WAEC once. And I had Msc and Bsc in Economics and NOT English Language. So STFU

7 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by papindinho(m): 9:21pm On Jun 30, 2014
FrancisTony:

The problem is salary.
Public schools in Nigeria usually employ teachers that graduated from college of Education. How do you expect candidate that got below 160 in jamb to do well in teaching profession?. If teaching job is lucrative, we will have the best teachers and our C.O.E will be competitive. Even in our Universities, education courses have a lower cutoff that other course. Smh
the pay-check is still a crucial motivating part of being gainfully employed yet we will still have dissatisfied workers amidst lucrative pays

1 Like

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by juwoonn(m): 9:22pm On Jun 30, 2014
rkarang:

Exactly, that was what I wanted to do. His post doesn't make any difference.

When are we going to stop the idea of condemning students? Why can't we find lasting solutions to the problems of those students?

It's high time we recognized that students have different levels of understanding. The method that works for A may not work for B. Therefore, we should try to understand these students & not browbeating them.

Dear OP,

Please stop the condemnation; let's help these students in our own little way.

They can also learn but they need monitoring; i.e. someone who's going to monitor their progress. They want you to encourage and convince them.

Finally, you can bring out the best in them.

Thanks smiley
Noted bro.
But I wasn't condemning any body, I was only sharing my pain.
Besides I rushed to open this thread while watching Nigeria's match. Anybody could have made more errors.
Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by 3coins(m): 9:23pm On Jun 30, 2014
juwoonn:
Tell waec to go and hire English professors to mark all subjects.
Oloshi!

See. I had C6 in English language when I wrote WAEC some 15 years ago. BUT the joy of it is I wrote my WAEC once. And I had Msc and Bsc in Economics and NOT English Language. So STFU
kill yourself by eating all the papers you marked...iidiot

1 Like

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by juwoonn(m): 9:28pm On Jun 30, 2014
3coins:
kill yourself by eating all the papers you marked...iidiot
Sorry bro.
I don't like trouble at all.
Forgive me, if you feel offended.

5 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jun 30, 2014
papindinho: the pay-check is still a crucial motivating part of being gainfully employed yet we will still have dissatisfied workers amidst lucrative pays

Nigeria isn't a stable country. A graduate works in a firm where (s)he has little knowlege of, because of salary or connection.
Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by 3coins(m): 9:37pm On Jun 30, 2014
juwoonn:
Sorry bro.
I don't like trouble at all.
Forgive me, if you feel offended.
i am sorry too bro

2 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by rkarang: 9:40pm On Jun 30, 2014
juwoonn:
I marked Economics and not English Language bcs I am an Economist.
If you studied linguistic in school and we speak at the same level then you are a disgrace to your profession.
For your information every subject has its own terminology. And that's why some people have distinctions in eight subjects and fail English Language.
Olodo....

He's probably a graduate; he's proud of making blunders in a short write-up. Afterall, he studied Economics and not English Language.

Although English Language is the language of instruction in school, he's not meant to master it.

Who is he He's the one condemning our posterity.

Did you sit for English Language in your WAEC & JAMB Every reasonable folk knows what it takes to score @ least 55 in Jamb UOE & also a C5 & above in WAEC.

Well, I'm not after your blunder; I just want you to stop condemning those kids. They are beautiful and incredible.

They only need your support & guidance.

Thanks reader smiley

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Aau Ekpoma 2015/2016 Admission Thread / Aisha Balarabe Bawa's Thesis Plagiarized By Amos Ngaruiya, A Kenyan Lecturer / University Of Benin Students Shot This Afternoon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.