Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,333 members, 7,808,162 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 07:57 AM

Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. - Education (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. (45141 Views)

See What Our Future Leaders Are Doing(pics) / If You Were The One Marking This Waec Paper Would You Do? / Man Marking WAEC May/june 2015 In A BRT Bus: Right Or Wrong? (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by juwoonn(m): 9:54pm On Jun 30, 2014
rkarang:

He's probably a graduate
Not probably bro... He bagged Msc last year and haters can hate while he bags his PHD before 2020
And speak this same English from CBN.

2 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by ayoJ21(m): 10:22pm On Jun 30, 2014
FrancisTony:

You cancelled his spelling of privilege and professor. Do you mind to spell it please?

oh! In dat context, it shud av been privileges and professors respectively.

1 Like

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by ayoJ21(m): 10:32pm On Jun 30, 2014
Dygeasy: Actually every bad speaker/writer of the English Language on this thread have no excuse as all of us here have a thing or two to say about our failed education system.

Accept the fact that you're wrong and stop proving baseless points.

Gbagaun no get two names. Gbagaun na gbagaun!!!

na xo
yns......lol
Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Nobody: 11:58pm On Jun 30, 2014
Baby mama: It is time WAEC changed to multiple choice questions only, with electronic marking
This method is so subjective and archaic not to talk of the possibility of people's answer sheets being used to wipe poo poo inadvertently while in the marker's possession.
Imagine someone admitting to helping someone else mark WAEC? shocked shocked shocked shocked
Nigeria Jaga jaga

If you remember economics exam then you'll understand why waec can't use multiple choice only. I remember my own exam needed writing upon writing of explanations.

3 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by OCTAVO: 12:17am On Jul 01, 2014
You are so on point @OP!

1 Like

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Rick9(m): 12:50am On Jul 01, 2014
FrancisTony:
*Sigh* He marked Economics not English, Mr. English professor!

Btw, some of the words you cancelled ain't wrong. You don't even know what you're doing. Smh!

Next=====> undecided
Ahahahahahahahaha this got me cracking hard.
Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Nobody: 12:52am On Jul 01, 2014
FrancisTony:

*Sigh* He marked Economics not English, Mr. English professor!

Btw, some of the words you cancelled ain't wrong. You don't even know what you're doing. Smh!

Next=====> undecided
who is the girl on your dp? undecided tongue
Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Mintayo(m): 12:52am On Jul 01, 2014
juwoonn: As we conclude this year's June/July WAEC marking, I cry for the future of these students.
I marked 645 scripts in Economics for some Onitsha schools and only 2 candidates scored above 40/80 in paper2. One scored 45 and the other 48 while more than 80% scored below 20. Some 2/80, 1/80 despite my simple marking. Honestly like 3 candidates wrote only "PLEASE HELP ME" in their answer booklets.

One thing I noticed is that all the centers I marked are public school centers. What has gone wrong with our public schools?

A lot of professors in Nigeria today were products of public schools, our president and most Governors are products of public schools, but why have they taken their children abroad, to private schools and destroy the public schools for the less privileged.
Op,na only you waka come? 645 scripts? Ha ha. I hope you are saying the truth sha o.na you only mark dem? Choi.
Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Nobody: 12:58am On Jul 01, 2014
juwoonn:
Sorry bro.
I don't like trouble at all.
Forgive me, if you feel offended.

3coins:
i am sorry too bro

Awwwwww....sweet of you two....why don't you 2 bloody phaggots make out while you're at it? Apologizing to each other like bloody BISHES!!!

2 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by cocoduck: 12:59am On Jul 01, 2014
well I don't know, I completed my secondary school education in GSS owerri, I took my SSCE exams in 2006 and only one sitting and I made it, I cleared all the papers, and at that time I was really distracted by mobile phones, MSN, bluethoot etc, so I don't really believe you.

1 Like

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by rattlesnake(m): 1:01am On Jul 01, 2014
Its ball this Edo or owerri school

1 Like

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by cheguevera: 1:06am On Jul 01, 2014
R: JOKE OF THE CENTURY
Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by sholay2011(m): 1:12am On Jul 01, 2014
Is this another blame thread

I like my fellow Nigerians...they are experts at detecting the wrong thing without offering solutions.

Let's start shifting our attention to threads where people can offer and debate solutions, instead of lamentations and blame-shifting. This is the only way topics like this can be truly beneficial. We can't keep doing the same thing and expect different results.

President Goodluck was once part of the 'masses' years ago (and I assume he at a time lamented on how government is the reason he has no shoes); the President in 20 years to come may be going through this thread too. What should (s)he (un)consciously take with him/her rather than the usual lamentation of the average Nigerian

3 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by elari(m): 1:13am On Jul 01, 2014
FrancisTony:

It can be crammed. Btw, grammatical flaws ain't penalised in Economics.
True.
But you seem to deny and absolute truth with your arguments. Anyone who is placed in such capacity, as to even mark Junior waec scripts should pass the stage of certain errors.

1 Like

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by olapluto(m): 1:19am On Jul 01, 2014
Its a kamikazee world now. Quality of education is really low, yet the system is designed to 'let my people go'.

2 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Nobody: 1:26am On Jul 01, 2014
[size=14pt]Many of these failures are in politics section trying to sway fellow uneducated Nigerians with their shallow senseless political asslicking.[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Nobody: 1:28am On Jul 01, 2014
But no offence brother, you just said Onitsha right! Those young lads are already thinking of how to make quick money, you think they value education that much! They just need it to enable them do bank transactions! Anyway i know a genius from Onitsha.

2 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by cbrass(m): 1:38am On Jul 01, 2014
Let me confess...during my wassce I started my essay with black pen, then some witches attacked it and it just stopped working, so I just collected one blue pen from someone and strated writing on grin imagine two colors cheesy anyway I managed to score a C6, however I still think the result was rigged grin

Perhaps it was marked by shekarau's uncle

1 Like

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by BestInDeeWorld: 1:45am On Jul 01, 2014
I see some pple saying dat our leaders have failed us! Weren't they part of the society before? Were they nt among us when we failed most of them? The tinz we d followers do to affect ourselves is more than what our leaders ar doing to us.

#CHARITY BEGINS AT HOME LIKEWISE, CORRUPTION BEGINS AT HOME.
Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Nobody: 1:50am On Jul 01, 2014
Ilekere: [size=14pt]Many of these failures are in politics section trying to sway fellow uneducated Nigerians with their shallow senseless political asslicking.[/size]

She is still here kiss kiss

1 Like

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by iamtheprincipal: 2:01am On Jul 01, 2014
What would you expect when the supposed most learned President in Nigeria history appointed a tout like Wike to be in-charge of the education sector, what can a tout offer?

Nigerians expected more from GEJ's government.

3 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by moshino(m): 2:23am On Jul 01, 2014
juwoonn: As we conclude this year's June/July WAEC marking, I cry for the future of these students.
I marked 645 scripts in Economics for some Onitsha schools and only 2 candidates scored above 40/80 in paper2. One scored 45 and the other 48 while more than 80% scored below 20. Some 2/80, 1/80 despite my simple marking. Honestly like 3 candidates wrote only "PLEASE HELP ME" in their answer booklets.

One thing I noticed is that all the centers I marked are public school centers. What has gone wrong with our public schools?

A lot of professors in Nigeria today were products of public schools, our president and most Governors are products of public schools, but why have they taken their children abroad, to private schools and destroy the public schools for the less privileged.

And how did they allow you mark WAEC with this your grammar? Where you wrote DESTROY, which I highlighted in red, should be DESTROYED given your preceding sentence highlighted in blue.

5 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Atmmachine(m): 2:29am On Jul 01, 2014
you are a pucci..
you can't even write english correctly & you marked people's waec transcript.

Fork your father

6 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Atmmachine(m): 2:32am On Jul 01, 2014

FORK YOUR FATHER grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Atmmachine(m): 2:34am On Jul 01, 2014

R.I.P ENGLISH
YOU'RE A PUCCI, WHO GAVE YOU THE WAEC TRANSCRIPTS TO MARK ?? PLEASE,GO BACK TO PRIMARY SCHOOL.
FOOL

5 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Nobody: 2:50am On Jul 01, 2014
oladapolif: why dem go pass now, when all they know is Garri shop and sell spare part? tell me?

The result will soon be out and as usual Anambra,Imo,Delta,Abia ,Edo and Rivers will lead the nation
They lead you in spare parts selling and in WAEC and JAMB,isn't that a shame?
Spare part you no dey
Bookuru kwa ,you are dragging last with Ndi Almajiri
Tua!

11 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by naijaking1: 2:53am On Jul 01, 2014
Nigeria's educational standards started falling since the military came to power, some of them were poor students themselves who only managed to get into the army, and not university, teachers' training college, or polythechnics during their time.
However, as all international researches would show, our educational level fell of the cliff during IBB,and more so when Jubril Aminu (a wonderful physician, but a parochial administrator) became federal commissioner for education.
Somehow, his idea of a viable educational policy was an attempt to balance the north vs south educational disparity overnight.
Not many understood his machinations then, but a few protested the shift of our nation's education resources based purely on politics to normadic children who couldn't even be properly counted in the first place.
Everything you see today is thanks to the evil genius and his co-travelers.

5 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Nobody: 2:55am On Jul 01, 2014
MOBJECTIVE:

If you remember economics exam then you'll understand why waec can't use multiple choice only. I remember my own exam needed writing upon writing of explanations.

Every exam can have multiple choice
America does it for almost all their standardized tests
That is the only way to have uniformity and eliminate human error
Imagine you take WAEC and your paper ends up in the hands of Musiwa or Tpia
Two people controlled by the sun,moon and stars grin grin

What are your chances of passing?
God help you
They should get rid of this paper marking nonsense and the myriad of disadvantages to the students
This is 2014

7 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by davidif: 2:57am On Jul 01, 2014
rkarang:

Exactly, that was what I wanted to do. His post doesn't make any difference.

When are we going to stop the idea of condemning students? Why can't we find lasting solutions to the problems of those students?

It's high time we recognized that students have different levels of understanding. The method that works for A may not work for B. Therefore, we should try to understand these students & not browbeating them.

Dear OP,

Please stop the condemnation; let's help these students in our own little way.

They can also learn but they need monitoring; i.e. someone who's going to monitor their progress. They want you to encourage and convince them.

Finally, you can bring out the best in them.

Thanks smiley

WOW!!!!!!! So Nigerians like you exist? I am amazed. It's shocking when I run into comments like yours in a whole sea of negativity.
To be really honest with you, i am always stunned when I see people who bring out words of wisdom on nairaland. Thank God for folks like you. At least naija is not doomed quite yet.

3 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by davidif: 3:11am On Jul 01, 2014
naijaking1: Nigeria's educational standards started falling since the military came to power, some of them were poor students themselves who only managed to get into the army, and not university, teachers' training college, or polythechnics during their time.
However, as all international researches would show, our educational level fell of the cliff during IBB,and more so when Jubril Aminu (a wonderful physician, but a parochial administrator) became federal commissioner for education.
Somehow, his idea of a viable educational policy was an attempt to balance the north vs south educational disparity overnight.
Not many understood his machinations then, but a few protested the shift of our nation's education resources based purely on politics to normadic children who couldn't even be properly counted in the first place.
Everything you see today is thanks to the evil genius and his co-travelers.

Wow! Thanks for the enlightenment. I knew the naija education sector began to fall when the Obasanjo regime seized all schools (including the prestigious missionary schools) and placed under the military govt but I didn't know the hand that Jibril Aminu played in it also. Thanks for the info.

1 Like

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by armyofone(m): 3:23am On Jul 01, 2014
A friend does gradings and she told us of some with "please help me i want to go to America, Europe, Asia etc etc grin long list of countries cheesy

Like seriously?

Maybe to help them pass so that they have fake result to show at the embassy?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

University Of Benin Students Shot This Afternoon / Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? / Aisha Balarabe Bawa's Thesis Plagiarized By Amos Ngaruiya, A Kenyan Lecturer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.