Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,829 members, 7,806,329 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 02:52 PM

Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. (45134 Views)

See What Our Future Leaders Are Doing(pics) / If You Were The One Marking This Waec Paper Would You Do? / Man Marking WAEC May/june 2015 In A BRT Bus: Right Or Wrong? (pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by wellmax(m): 3:32am On Jul 01, 2014
Bros I can feel ýoü. I had ŧo angrilly stop marking some three years ago.
Pay is trash, and more annoying is ŧħē performance of ŧħē students.
Ýoü see this like 6 questions answer 4 and everybody in ŧħē class anwers Question 1,3,4 and 6. I mean ŧħē whole school. Same questions attempted, same anwers given.
Educations is at its lowest ebb, students no longer study. Even with ŧħē 'expo' they don't get ŧo copy very well. After just two years of marking, I couldn't bear it again. God save my country.

6 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Nobody: 3:34am On Jul 01, 2014
Please how are WAEC markers selected
Are you folks secondary school teachers teaching the subjects you mark or anybody including job applicants can apply and mark the WAEC nwa nu

I remember hearing that Nigeria's papers are marked in Ghana and other countries while we mark theirs
So it ain't so?

2 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Sacrifice91(m): 3:39am On Jul 01, 2014
But how do you think we can redeem this lost glory?
Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Sacrifice91(m): 3:40am On Jul 01, 2014
Baby mama: Please how are WAEC markers selected
Are you folks secondary school teachers teaching the subjects you mark or anybody including job applicants can apply and mark the WAEC nwa nu

I remember hearing that Nigeria's papers are marked in Ghana and other countries while we mark theirs
So it ain't so?

I wonder o.
Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by cbrass(m): 3:40am On Jul 01, 2014
Baby mama: Please how are WAEC markers selected

So it ain't so?

For wherecheesy please stop believing those lies,

I was in Jss3 when I started marking wayec...come to think of it ,English Paper for that matter

1 Like

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by cbrass(m): 3:42am On Jul 01, 2014
Sacrifice91: But how do you think we can redeem this lost glory?

Its I redeemable, let's just live with it grin

1 Like

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Nobody: 3:47am On Jul 01, 2014
cbrass:

For wherecheesy please stop believing those lies,

I was in Jss3 when I started marking wayec...come to think of it ,English Paper for that matter

Jehovah Shammah!
Somebody wey never take junior WAEC marking WAEC

4 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by justi4jesu(f): 3:47am On Jul 01, 2014
Sad to know.
Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Arus235: 3:51am On Jul 01, 2014
what do u xpect wen exam malpractice has crept into our educational system 4rm junior sch exams 2 d senior level.

1 Like

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Vincad: 3:51am On Jul 01, 2014
Baby mama:
Imagine someone admitting to helping someone else mark WAEC? shocked shocked shocked

I was thinking the same thing
Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by igbonla(m): 3:52am On Jul 01, 2014
Sadly, those failing WAEC will end up as your local govt chairmen, governors, members of national assembly, ministers, advisers and president tomorrow. Simple reason Nigeria and Nigerians will continue to suffer until whenever.

2 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by temitemi1(m): 3:57am On Jul 01, 2014
He who without sin should cast the first stone! Becos must of u rantting cheat in wat eva way u find urself.
Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Nobody: 4:04am On Jul 01, 2014
temi-temi:
He who without sin should cast the first stone! Becos must of u rantting cheat in wat eva way u find urself.

Why don't you admit to your own cheating and leave it at that
Is this an attempt to excuse cheating or what?

1 Like

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by cbrass(m): 4:12am On Jul 01, 2014
Baby mama:

Jehovah Shammah!

No be my fault nw, na our neighbor dey give us mark after we don play ball tire..grin

2 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Nobody: 4:17am On Jul 01, 2014
My theory of success starts with the head. Most of these principals cant even speak english talk more of impacting knowledge.
I graduated from a school where nobody passed waec until a new principal came. She did a total overhaulin of the system and i made my waec at one sitting. Some will definitely fail but majority passed.
Its so unfortunate that after all the investment Anambra State govt has made on education, we get such reports.

2 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by canalily(m): 4:17am On Jul 01, 2014
...brother dont cry, but weep cos things fall apart! Ever since the introduction of phone, i wont mention computer but phone, students these days burn their midnight oil on 2go, twitter, badoo, whatsapp, eskimi and back their books instead of facebook! ! They even keep extra batteries for these pinging! What! No student cn afford to spare 5mins nowadays on reading table without touching his or her phone! Where is this generation heading to? Oh! Things fall apart! !

1 Like

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by adetorosey(m): 4:42am On Jul 01, 2014
I love Nairaland...........lol
You will come here grumpy, by the time you leave, you are rolling on the floor.
Funny peeps!!

5 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Neldrizzy(m): 4:47am On Jul 01, 2014
My brother leave story!!! What do you expect when all our secondary students are online chyking girls..even most of them boys now portrays themselves as musicians (upcoming artists) they all want 2 make money fast without struggling.. i cried when i think about the future of my Nation NIGERIA!!!

2 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by mecussey(m): 4:50am On Jul 01, 2014
Ukeachu1: what cud have gone wrong. wats the way out

Evolution...when 90% of the so called graduates are still sitting at home, you don't expect the next generation to make the same mistake. The only way to revive the educational sector is if we can include a subject called "how to make money". They will be very interested to go to school and even read the impossible and know the impossibles that otherwise, they could not had known.

2 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by hakz(m): 4:59am On Jul 01, 2014
wahala inside naija.
Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by remainsreal: 5:01am On Jul 01, 2014
The truth is that the same "malpractice" happens every where both in government and private schools...............how do u think examination malpractice will be stopped or minimized in Nigeria when even "the people" at "the top", including the teachers and supervisors are also involved in the act directly or indirectly? Nigeria will have to wake up, not just in educational sector......security is also necessary. So may things have gone wrong in Nigeria!

2 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:02am On Jul 01, 2014
Baby mama:

Jehovah Shammah!

Lol@ "jehova shammah".

You never see anything ;my O level sister was once teaching ss3 students physics. I ask who send am message. Forget Naija; By the way I don't trust Yoruba people marking Igbo students papers because they are wicked,unprofessional and jealous!

6 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:05am On Jul 01, 2014
chidyhels: My theory of success starts with the head. Most of these principals cant even speak english talk more of impacting knowledge.
I graduated from a school where nobody passed waec until a new principal came. She did a total overhaulin of the system and i made my waec at one sitting. Some will definitely fail but majority passed.
Its so unfortunate that after all the investment Anambra State govt has made on education, we get such reports.

Did the Op say whether it's public or private school. Some private schools are worse than government schools.

1 Like

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by OdenigboAroli(m): 5:08am On Jul 01, 2014
Op could be one of the chronic Igbo haters who isn't happy with the success we made so far in education. So,he decides to help his people by failing Igbo children. Don't be surprised, Yorubas are very dirty and capable of anything. They have no conscience!

5 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by collynzo2(m): 5:08am On Jul 01, 2014
juwoonn:
I marked Economics and not English Language bcs I am an Economist.
If you studied linguistic in school and we speak at the same level then you are a disgrace to your profession.
For your information every subject has its own terminology. And that's why some people have distinctions in eight subjects and fail English Language.
Olodo....
You are a fool!
A supposed graduate who cannot write a short sentence without making several grammatical errors has no business criticising secondary school students or even teaching them for that matter.
Now if your written English is this poor despite having all the time to construct and modify it, how will your spoken which English you use in teaching the students be?
How are you sure they understand your lessons when you can't communicate properly?
I blame whoever gave graduate illiterates like you the opportunity to confuse students.

6 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by collynzo2(m): 5:16am On Jul 01, 2014
juwoonn:
Tell waec to go and hire English professors to mark all subjects.
Oloshi!

See. I had C6 in English language when I wrote WAEC some 15 years ago. BUT the joy of it is I wrote my WAEC once. And I had Msc and Bsc in Economics and NOT English Language. So STFU
So you need to have a PhD in English to write or speak English properly?
The students could as well tell you that they are not Economics Professors.
Shame on you!

3 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by Nobody: 5:18am On Jul 01, 2014
So,what is the solution?

1.Teacher education: We may have to send our teachers to school. For at least two hours every week, plus four weeks in August, teachers should have professional development training.

2.Entrance requirements for teachers should be made stricter. No more 5 credits at two sittings....5 credits at one sitting....which includes English and mathematics.

3.Teachers must be well paid.

4.Teachers should stop dodging postings. It is because many teachers run away from their postings to rural areas that our rural schools are in a mess.(In fact, that is why I like missions...back in the good old days of your grandparents...they would set up school in a remote village, and then stock it with some of their best hands.)

For the students

1.I think it is time we reintroduced end of term exams. If you do not pass.....you repeat. The last ten students in every class at the end of the year must be made to repeat.....and must undergo remedial classes in English and Math. If they fail, then they must be kicked out of school. No exceptions.

2.Every child, from Primary One upwards, must spend two hours of every day during the holidays doing/solving problems in Maths and doing some English....especially English grammar and comprehension. In addition, every child must read out loud in class during English comprehension. If you cannot read very well in primary school....you get a remedial class in English comprehension during the school holidays....three hours at school learning to read, and to do English comprehension properly.

3.Nursery schools must be introduced. It is ridiculous that a child starts school immediately at primary one without it.

4.Every child must speak English for two hours every day. No speaking of vernacular in the school premises. (Sorry, but WAEC is written mainly in English....so you better comprehend it fast...and the earlier the better).

On other matters....

1.We have to increase funding for education to 30% of the budget....plus 25% of every state location and 7% of every Nigerian company's after tax profit. We also should remove the fuel subsidy and put half the money saved into education. Because we need improved facilities, improved textbooks, and improved conditions of service.

2.We need to reintroduce some form of tuition fees....because our schools need money.Plus, if parents pay for school, they may push their children to work a lot harder.

3.Bring back mission schools....both Christian and Muslim(Some exist already). I must add that there is nothing that stops the churches in say Lagos....pentecostal, catholic, anglican, C&S, ETC from putting in money into a fund that would be used to establish a school in a (selected) deprived area in say Ogun State.

5 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by SweetyZinta(f): 5:28am On Jul 01, 2014
CHAI DIARIS GOD OO! Everybody have failed in their responsibities as either teacher, parent or member of the society. Gone are d days when we were motivated with full chicken when ever we got promoted 2d next class. How many parent still practhce this? Parent no longer care how their children fare in school. They dont check their books after school thats where d failure starts. For weeks some of this children abscond from school without a tangible reason. They could take up minial jobs, hawk or hang out with bad company. The teachers extort monies frm this children. Dedicate more time 4 their businesses instead of their job they hardly cover their syllables. Their salaries are not paid as at when due. Nobody supervises anything again thisdays. No monitoring? everything MUST GO wrong. Are WAEC NOT suppose 2be inspecting and scraping the ones that are not upto d standard?
nickz: gringrin also went through some of the scripts my cousin marked......chai wish i had taken picturees!!!!!

there was this candidate that could pass for aphotocopy machine or an artist.she basically drew everything from another candidate 3 sits from hers

the other one had clean handwriting but his paper was very rumpled
the female wrote everything!(her pi appeared as double T) written seperately

alpha and beta signs na diegrin not to mention the graph that had the same shape but was out of rangegrin

set bracket was drawn in a very weird way
to the extent that she even copied the roughwork the boy did on his last(empty page) every dot!

construction work was very 'free handed'gringrin

very disappointing!!!
Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by hermesprogidy(m): 5:32am On Jul 01, 2014
The rot didn't start today. I remember marking Biology WAEC scripts as a corper in Jos in 2000. The scripts were from Lagos. Less than 20% passed, despite my generosity. We can say our education system needs serious overhauling but the truth is the poor academic performance of students is a reflection of the larger society where hardwork is mocked and corruption is rewarded.

5 Likes

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by oskaaay(m): 5:35am On Jul 01, 2014
juwoonn:
I forgot to mention that. Almost everybody in a center writes the same thing, in fact a candidate forgot the photocopy of one of the answers in his/her booklet (teacher involved malpractice) and another forgot a page of the keypoint in the booklet. The education sector is really deteriorating by the year.

chai...it be like say education no dey soft like african magic for our students this days oooooooo grin shocked grin shocked grin
Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by cbnsteve059: 5:40am On Jul 01, 2014
I just marked bio 3 of one FGC centre at Katsina , you can't believe this, they students cannot spell english words correctly talk more of technical words, I weep for the future of this country.

1 Like

Re: Just Finished Marking WAEC. I Cry For Our Future. by gebest: 5:43am On Jul 01, 2014
It is time for this country's name to be changed, so that things in dis country will change 2, like POLICE, NEPA ND EDUCATION.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (11) (Reply)

Which Is The Cheapest Federal University In Nigeria Currently? / University Of Benin Students Shot This Afternoon / Aisha Balarabe Bawa's Thesis Plagiarized By Amos Ngaruiya, A Kenyan Lecturer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.