Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,537 members, 7,808,973 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 08:16 PM

Gtbank's Latest Innovating Is Crazy - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Gtbank's Latest Innovating Is Crazy (3161 Views)

Why Gtbank Latest 737 Simple Mobile Banking Is A Beautiful Nonsense / MUST READ : Why Gtbank Latest 737 Simple Mobile Banking Is A Beautiful Nonsense / Man Strips Unclad Inside Gtbank As His Money Vanished From His Account (video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gtbank's Latest Innovating Is Crazy by Nobody: 11:53pm On Jun 30, 2014
GTBank 737 allows you to instantly recharge your phone by dialling *737*Amount# on
a line associated with your bank account. For example, if you wanted to recharge your
phone with N900, you dial *737*500# on your associated phone line and your phone is
credited with N900 while your bank account is debited the same amount of money. I applaud this service as it provides a very fast and available means of topping up.
However, I believe the service has made recharging dangerously too easy to effect. What
if someone maliciously converted all your cash at bank into calling credit? I think the transaction should be PIN-protected. How could you just dial an USSD and
your account is instantly charged?

2 Likes

Re: Gtbank's Latest Innovating Is Crazy by born2lead01: 11:57pm On Jun 30, 2014
U can only recharge from your account on your REGISTERED NUMBER with the bank. If the mobile number is no associated with you bank account no,you can't use it.
Re: Gtbank's Latest Innovating Is Crazy by yorex2011: 12:01am On Jul 01, 2014
I see wat op means.... U might lose your fone and someone cud try his luck converting ur cash to credit ... Then transferring it to his sim (if the original owner hasn't used credit transfer b4 d perp cud easily change d default pin)

1 Like

Re: Gtbank's Latest Innovating Is Crazy by yorex2011: 12:02am On Jul 01, 2014
born2lead01: U can only recharge from your account on your REGISTERED NUMBER with the bank. If the mobile number is no associated with you bank account no,you can't use it.

The op said dat... Line associated with your account
Re: Gtbank's Latest Innovating Is Crazy by charlsecy(m): 10:10am On Jul 01, 2014
I agree with the OP. GTBank should add at least two features to the 737 service.

1. PIN feature.
2. Confirmation.

The PIN feature is needful to prevent unauthorised and malicious use by a third party.

After the request, the user should be required to confirm the transaction.

If these two features are not added, this service should be considered a simple, unsafe contraption.

1 Like

Re: Gtbank's Latest Innovating Is Crazy by myads890(m): 1:23pm On Jul 01, 2014
i just tried it and it worked! but i tried with n200 sha. very nice concept but they really need to include a pin code. boys are not smiling.

By the way, what's the min and max amount one can recharge? Anyone got an idea?
Re: Gtbank's Latest Innovating Is Crazy by Aleshyto(m): 1:44pm On Jul 01, 2014
not working on glo
Re: Gtbank's Latest Innovating Is Crazy by samuelfemo(m): 2:48pm On Jul 01, 2014
ibituyifarms: GTBank 737 allows you to instantly recharge your phone by dialling *737*Amount# on
a line associated with your bank account. For example, if you wanted to recharge your
phone with N900, you dial *737*500# on your associated phone line and your phone is
credited with N900 while your bank account is debited the same amount of money. I applaud this service as it provides a very fast and available means of topping up.
However, I believe the service has made recharging dangerously too easy to effect. What
if someone maliciously converted all your cash at bank into calling credit? I think the transaction should be PIN-protected. How could you just dial an USSD and
your account is instantly charged?
what if someone pick my phone recharge it and start making calls or transfering credit..
Re: Gtbank's Latest Innovating Is Crazy by charlsecy(m): 10:31pm On Jul 01, 2014
samuelfemo: what if someone pick my phone recharge it and start making calls or transfering credit..

Please re-read the post.

myads890: By the way, what's the min and max amount one can recharge? Anyone got an idea?

Perhaps, it could be N100 and N5,000 respectively.
Re: Gtbank's Latest Innovating Is Crazy by Rhymeyjohn: 11:46pm On Jul 01, 2014
samuelfemo: what if someone pick my phone recharge it and start making calls or transfering credit..
Anyone who picks your phone would be scamming himself. I believe you would only be able to recharge that phone line registered to your account and not any other phone line[number]
Re: Gtbank's Latest Innovating Is Crazy by samm(m): 10:07am On Jul 02, 2014
charlsecy:

Please re-read the post.

Perhaps, it could be N100 and N5,000 respectively.

This service will enable all GTBank customers top up their mobile phones from available balances in their bank accounts with ease. It brings a higher level of convenience to customers as it is designed to deliver with speed and simplicity. To recharge a mobile phone, all the customer needs to do is dial *737*AMOUNT# e.g. *737*1000# from a registered phone number with the Bank and the customer’s phone gets topped up automatically. Customers can recharge up to the sum of N5,000 daily.

http://www.gtbank.com/media-centre/press-releases/14-media/press-releases/537-gtbank-launches-1-click-top-up-enhancing-customer-experience-with-new-digital-payment-solution
Re: Gtbank's Latest Innovating Is Crazy by samuelfemo(m): 11:25am On Jul 02, 2014
Rhymeyjohn: Anyone who picks your phone would be scamming himself. I believe you would only be able to recharge that phone line registered to your account and not any other phone line[number]
u dint get it am talking about transfering credit btw phones..
Re: Gtbank's Latest Innovating Is Crazy by GP15: 12:13pm On Jul 02, 2014
samuelfemo: u dint get it am talking about transfering credit btw phones..
Nobody can transfer credit between phones without the 4 digit pin. That of MTN I know
Re: Gtbank's Latest Innovating Is Crazy by charlsecy(m): 10:42pm On Jul 02, 2014
Rhymeyjohn: Anyone who picks your phone would be scamming himself. I believe you would only be able to recharge that phone line registered to your account and not any other phone line[number]
What if the phone picked had your registered line on it?

samm: It brings a higher level of convenience to customers as it is designed to deliver with speed and simplicity.
Only if the service had PIN and confirmation features!

1 Like

Re: Gtbank's Latest Innovating Is Crazy by Nobody: 11:18pm On Jul 19, 2014
they still have not done anything about the pin protection....pathetic

(1) (Reply)

Challenges And Prospects Of Civil Engineering Practice In Nigeria / Trade Your Google Gift Card Displaying Error Code At The Best Rate / How To Get An OPAY POS Instantly (nationwide Delivery)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.