Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,149,799 members, 7,806,209 topics. Date: Tuesday, 23 April 2024 at 01:08 PM

Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics (4416 Views)

Osun State: The Politics, The Mud And The Rust / Nigeria Politics & Economy-where Do We Go Frm Here? / The Way Forward For Nigerian Politics/economy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by NSNA: 4:24am On Jul 01, 2014
Of all the threads that disappeared due to the hack... this is one that i miss the most.

Over 200 pages of hard labour by so many people.
Can we bring this back to life, back to reality.

Update: you can get pictures and content form Skyscrapercity thread
http://www.skyscrapercity.com/showthread.php?t=595245&page=7

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by eaglechild: 6:52am On Jul 01, 2014
I thought it would have been more appropriate to let the original OP reopen the thread.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by Nobody: 7:14am On Jul 01, 2014
Yap, the original op, and I guess that's sloothe, he should open it.
Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by vedd: 7:33am On Jul 01, 2014
That epic thread is the worst hit of all the data loss that i can relate with.
The OP should endeavour to reopen it for the love of his city even though repitition is not among some people's hobbies.

6 Likes

Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by Nobody: 9:10am On Jul 01, 2014
NSNA: Of all the threads that disappeared due to the hack... this is one that i miss the most.

Over 200 pages of hard labour by so many people.
Can we bring this back to life, back to reality.
THE LOSS OF THAT THREAD PAIN ME embarassed
Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by seunlayi(m): 10:21am On Jul 01, 2014
chai!!! all this post are gone!! their is God o

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by NSNA: 10:31am On Jul 01, 2014
Some data can be recovered except the picture for now.

step 1 - go on google
step 2 - type - Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape
step 3 - click on the tiny arrow next to it and choose cached..

Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by Dotman01(m): 1:08pm On Jul 04, 2014
Damn. . I miss this thread
Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by kennysbst(m): 9:44am On Jul 17, 2014
I felt like crying the very first day I realize my precious thread was no where to be found.
ooh what a thread.
A thread that shows the true beauty of my city.
A thread that send life's like chinno away without saying a damn word upon der hatred for westerners city aside Lagos.
A thread that tells the world how great my city is.
a thread that silence the haters of my city.
what ease can quantify the excitement I earn from it.absolutely nothing.

2 Likes

Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 10:02am On Jul 17, 2014
kennysbst: I felt like crying the very first day I realize my precious thread was no where to be found.
ooh what a thread.
A thread that shows the true beauty of my city.
A thread that send life's like chinno away without saying a damn word upon der hatred for westerners city aside Lagos.
A thread that tells the world how great my city is.
a thread that silence the haters of my city.
what ease can quantify the excitement I earn from it.absolutely nothing.
HELLO, You should have just post your mind without mentioning chino now.
You are just making the Guyy relevant by mentioning his name.
Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 10:03am On Jul 17, 2014
@ op, am fully signed and following this thread
Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by collynzo2(m): 10:06am On Jul 17, 2014
This shows the difference between the bouncebackability of Igbos and the docile nature of Yorubas.
The ''Enugu pride of the east'' thread is going on like nothing happened despite the loss of several pages of data, just as we bounced back after the civil war.
Igbo kwenu!

21 Likes

Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by WIZGUY69(m): 10:14am On Jul 17, 2014
collynzo2: This shows the difference between the bouncebackability of Igbos and the docile natue of Yorubas.
The ''Enugu pride of the east'' thread is going on like nothing happened despite the loss of several pages of data, just as we bounced back after the civil war.
Igbo kwenu!
grin Onye nzuzu.
You are not wanted here.
The more you post rubbish here, the more you will be taken for granted.
boring dude.

9 Likes

Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 17, 2014
collynzo2: This shows the difference between the bouncebackability of Igbos and the docile natue of Yorubas.
Igbo kwenu!
And who the fu*k invite you here. dounce

5 Likes

Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by collynzo2(m): 10:17am On Jul 17, 2014
WIZGUY69:
grin Onye nzuzu.
You are not wanted here.
The more you post rubbish here, the more you will be taken for granted.
boring dude.
Does your post take anything away from the fact that Yorubas do not have the spirit to bouce back like Igbos?

8 Likes

Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by collynzo2(m): 10:18am On Jul 17, 2014
eliment: And who the fu*k invite you here. dounce
Grammar + Spelling = 0

5 Likes

Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by UrbanMystique: 11:11am On Jul 24, 2014
can we bring the thread back?
Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by UrbanMystique: 11:28am On Jul 24, 2014
@ Sloothe

Sloothe

Sloothe

Sloothe

where at thou angry
Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by kingingkinging: 11:40am On Jul 24, 2014
I am pained too

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by KOBOJO: 12:07pm On Jul 24, 2014
collynzo2: This shows the difference between the bouncebackability of Igbos and the docile nature of Yorubas.
Igbo kwenu!

WORD..

4 Likes

Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by NSNA: 11:09am On Jul 27, 2014
Instead of wasting time... lets recreate the thread

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by vedd: 2:36pm On Jul 27, 2014
collynzo2: This shows the difference between the bouncebackability of Igbos and the docile nature of Yorubas.
Igbo kwenu!
The Ibadan thread was opened after January 10. Your Ibo thread was opened sometime before then.

Quit bragging about your willfully ignorant rants.

13 Likes

Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by HopeAtHand: 3:14pm On Jul 27, 2014
Igbo kwenu!

i liked your comment just for the comic relief..why do Igbos create irrelevant and unneccesary competition.

Maybe the Op, like me, do not like to repeat things especially after so much effort..Someone else has started on his behalf(may still be his new moniker)..I expect you and other Igbos will try to derail it, thereby making the thread grow faster.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by DebateNigeria: 2:09pm On Jul 28, 2014
The thread is on already
Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by UrbanMystique: 5:28pm On Jul 28, 2014
vedd:
The Ibadan thread was opened after January 10. Your Ibo thread was opened sometime before then.

Quit bragging about your willfully ignorant rants.
you have time to reply that ignorant dolt

3 Likes

Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by UrbanMystique: 5:29pm On Jul 28, 2014
DebateNigeria: The thread is on already
where?
Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by delpee(f): 6:16pm On Jul 28, 2014
Devastating loss really! It happened basically because It was a new thread.
Been on the lookout for sloothe, mizzD, crazydemo et al. I learnt so much and been thinking of how to revive the informative thread with beautiful scenery in contrast to the rusty roofs.
Proud of the city with seven hills!
Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by DebateNigeria: 8:17pm On Jul 28, 2014
UrbanMystique: where?
Here na
Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by semitunde: 9:39am On Jul 29, 2014
Following smiley
Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by delpee(f): 9:19pm On Jul 30, 2014
Eeya! Seems most people feel frustrated about what happened. Good to have a fighting spirit. Our ancestors never gave up on anything. That's why we are where we are today.
I wish I copied and saved some of the pics on laptop. Would just have uploaded them to kick start the thread again.

Wake up guys, life is for the unrelenting warrior. There will always be battles; make an effort to win. Attitude is king!
All things are possible. Ailapa lada o mu...
Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by Sloothe(m): 7:35pm On Aug 03, 2014
The thing is I hope to restore this thread but as my personal confession, it is quite difficult keeping up with it particularly when one seldomly visits the city. It has been a bit of relief but certainly, the many pictures cannot be for my tab view alone. That will be a waste. I will upload all the pictures again in my much freer period. I can assure MizzD and ThinkOyo will put up hers too. I implore others to please reconsider and join.

1 Like

Re: Ibadan Of Rust And Gold. The Politics, Economy And Cityscape - Politics by Joshtos: 8:03pm On Aug 03, 2014
Am new here and cos I currently reside in Ibadan, dis thread caught my attention

Please, wahs it abt?

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ndi Yoruba + Omo Igbo / Obj Bombs Saraki! / Buhari’s Arms Deal Probe: 13 Army Generals Admit Loots, To Return N1trillion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.