Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,442 members, 7,808,578 topics. Date: Thursday, 25 April 2024 at 01:42 PM

Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey - Religion (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey (18052 Views)

The Importance Of Studying The Word Of God (the Bible) / Muslims Proving Islam Is God's True Religion By Seeking The Bible: / Murder in the name of God - The slaying of Pope John Paul 1 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 6:41pm On Aug 18, 2014
britnex: @torchwave tanx a lot for ur reply. Bt am still interested in forming prayer n fasting grp whereby we set out days to pray n fast or if anyone is in danger we can enter n seek Gods mercy. Jst my suggestion. I think seeing Gods face is nt necessary in terms of physical bt spiritual
You might just have a great idea there. Let me know how you plan to organize the group.

I think it is great. You can create a thread to that effect and spell out the aim as well as every other thing needed to make it possible. You can count me in.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 6:43pm On Aug 18, 2014
sunkoye: Adam and eve fell for a reason. They knew God on a platter of gold. No pain no gain they say. I remembered hymnal " nearer unto thee" there is a particular line that said" ....and the angel bekon unto me: nearer my God to thee" the angels sure knew what we are missing when we are farther. Being refined is not an easy task. ......
If you must be refined. ....you will be refined. God bless you
God bless you, too.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 7:44pm On Aug 18, 2014
chrisviral:

Well I will wait for busybody.
To what you just said, I really doubt that...
Common King David committed several sins but yet he was so blessed by God, Infact God kept talking to him like they were just close door neighbours...
Saul, Common he was a persecutor of christian, kept killing them and Yet God so loved him that he even came to him and spoke to him on his way to yet another mission...

(not pitying myself)
I have prayed for a lot of things, so many of them so so many, It turns out I never get them, and No I don't ask selfishly, but I have a friend who doesn't even pray, like he doesn't even believe in God and yet he gets all the things I have been praying for...
Common, there is some kind of preference here!
Jacob and Essau
Isaac and Ishmeal

*Edited
And Yes I know God loves me!
But I think maybe just like Grace, Love ain't the same for all!
You misinterpret God's plan for each of us and His love for all of us.

His plans for us may be different but His love for us is the same.

Let me ask, what part of your body can you do without? As in the part that is useless to you. Is it the hand or head or leg or palm or feet or eyes or neck or toes or tongue or nose or lips, etc? Tell me which you don't love so you can cut it off from you.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by defendedvictim(m): 9:37pm On Aug 18, 2014
crusader01: This is the right place to be. I need help seeking the face of God because I feel left alone after my sinful past.
jst read 2cor 5:17-21. u v been reconciled to God n u v been made d righteousness of God in Christ Jesus. nw u knw dat u v access into an intimate relationship with God because of wat Jesus had done. d price for ur sins had been paid in full. step in, n enjoy God's presence

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by defendedvictim(m): 9:46pm On Aug 18, 2014
uzoexcel: If u tell 'em to open a reesearch group on nairaland to discuss health implications of ebola and how the youths in bio related course can do a research independently and bring forth ideas on trying to curb this menace, u wont see any of them there....when u finish pray so that the 'white people who are non xtians and infidels' would develop a cure and bring it to us free of charge
funny tho..buh Nt every christian is a nitwit. we pursue knowledge, n above all, we pursue God.

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by uzoexcel(m): 9:49pm On Aug 18, 2014
i m a xtian btw smiley
defendedvictim: funny tho..buh Nt every christian is a nitwit. we pursue knowledge, n above all, we pursue God.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 18, 2014
torchwave: I have gone through the site, and it is nice but I don't see how it relates to seeking and finding God.

There is a section there called prophetic internship activation. I suggest you give it a try but read around the site you can even request a personal prophecy. I repeat that site is God's answer to your prayers.

Remember the story of the man who expected God to save him from a flood in a special way and ignored all attempts in the natural through people to save him from the flood till he died and went to heaven and asked God why he did not save him and God told him that he sent him a boat, a helicopter etc. but he ignored it all. Don't be like that guy. Your answer is right in front of you. Take a step of faith.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by defendedvictim(m): 9:55pm On Aug 18, 2014
uzoexcel: i m a xtian btw smiley
yea, I didn't say u aren't. I'm also Nt in support of peeps who despise d needs of Dia environment n lock demselves up in a room all day allnyt all year long..n forming 'spirituality'

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by defendedvictim(m): 10:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
chrisviral: Read and following the thread for sometime and I just left like I should comment with my questions...

Does God feel our emotions, like does he feel moved when I cry, does my tears move God because there are times when I needed just a hug from him but he never came or maybe I didn't know he came...

I saw where you wrote Negotiation with Work?
Like does that work, I have negotiated, begged, cried and asked, even tried bribing, sowing seed, evangelism just to show God I really need something... but lol, he never came...

I think there are just special people that will enjoy this closeness with God (that reminds me of Jacob I love, Essau I hate) probably some of us aren't worth his attention...
Or maybe I'm going about it wrongly.
Care to explain to me
God cares abt u n if ur emotions r a part of u, den He cares abt it. if He cud even be so meticulous enough to knw d number of hairs on ur head, den bliv me, ur emotions r important. in ur 'negotiations' with Him, y Nt try doing it out of ur luv for Him, instead of doing it because of wat u expect of Him.

And to everyone else who is finding it tough n difficult to commune with God, check ur motive. seek God because u luv Him!
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by defendedvictim(m): 10:49pm On Aug 18, 2014
chrisviral:

Well I will wait for busybody.
To what you just said, I really doubt that...
Common King David committed several sins but yet he was so blessed by God, Infact God kept talking to him like they were just close door neighbours...
Saul, Common he was a persecutor of christian, kept killing them and Yet God so loved him that he even came to him and spoke to him on his way to yet another mission...

(not pitying myself)
I have prayed for a lot of things, so many of them so so many, It turns out I never get them, and No I don't ask selfishly, but I have a friend who doesn't even pray, like he doesn't even believe in God and yet he gets all the things I have been praying for...
Common, there is some kind of preference here!
Jacob and Essau
Isaac and Ishmeal

*Edited
And Yes I know God loves me!
But I think maybe just like Grace, Love ain't the same for all!
God luvs u jst as much. first, u need to knw wat God's purpose is for ur life. Get to d point where u want His will for u n Nt ur will for urself. we knw dat d luv of God has been shed abroad in our heart. He luvs u so much and desires dat His wil alone shall be perfected in u.
I'd also advice dat u avoid comparing urself to ur friend, u both r running different races..
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by chrisviral(m): 11:00pm On Aug 18, 2014
defendedvictim: God luvs u jst as much. first, u need to knw wat God's purpose is for ur life. Get to d point where u want His will for u n Nt ur will for urself. we knw dat d luv of God has been shed abroad in our heart. He luvs u so much and desires dat His wil alone shall be perfected in u.
I'd also advice dat u avoid comparing urself to ur friend, u both r running different races..

Well I have tried identifying the "divine purpose" for my life but nothing, gets more complicated with each dream I keep having, and all people keep telling me "you are a great man" " God is particularly interested you" "you are some divine kid" huh, yet everything is so so difficult for me, Even when I try harder than others, nothing freaking works.
Face it, the love isn't equal, God loves me, Yes, that's why I am alive and breathing and healthy but that where the love ends, others are lucky to enough to enjoy the love to get whatsoever they want...

And BTW I have asked like 10 pastors to pray for me to just get a clearer understanding of what the "divine purpose" is hmmmm nothing!
Damn I even prayed for God to help me serve him, nothing, sometimes I'm tempted to say maybe he doesn't even care (I ask for forgiveness) but right now, im getting confused and I don't know what to think anymore!
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by chrisviral(m): 11:05pm On Aug 18, 2014
torchwave: You misinterpret God's plan for each of us and His love for all of us.

His plans for us may be different but His love for us is the same.

Let me ask, what part of your body can you do without? As in the part that is useless to you. Is it the hand or head or leg or palm or feet or eyes or neck or toes or tongue or nose or lips, etc? Tell me which you don't love so you can cut it off from you.

It's confusing, you know why I don't usually buy the "God plan" for you thing is.. what about those who died, is that God's plan for them, the sick ones too, is that some sort of divine plan, i'm so loosing it right now, don't know what to think anymore...
Men all i'm asking is for a hug, just a hug and maybe a whisper to say everything will be fine son, im here...
Is that too much?
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by defendedvictim(m): 11:16pm On Aug 18, 2014
chrisviral:

Well I have tried identifying the "divine purpose" for my life but nothing, gets more complicated with each dream I keep having, and all people keep telling me "you are a great man" " God is particularly interested you" "you are some divine kid" huh, yet everything is so so difficult for me, Even when I try harder than others, nothing freaking works.
Face it, the love isn't equal, God loves me, Yes, that's why I am alive and breathing and healthy but that where the love ends, others are lucky to enough to enjoy the love to get whatsoever they want...

And BTW I have asked like 10 pastors to pray for me to just get a clearer understanding of what the "divine purpose" is hmmmm nothing!
Damn I even prayed for God to help me serve him, nothing, sometimes I'm tempted to say maybe he doesn't even care (I ask for forgiveness) but right now, im getting confused and I don't know what to think anymore!
I quite understand wat u mean n I knw its difficult. I'd luv to v a personal chat with u if its possible.
in any case, be patient with God, even as u grow in His luv. He's working all Dese out for ur gud. remember Joseph, God revealed to him abt who he wud become at d end, but he didn't reveal d processes involved. if u v been told dat u wil be great, I am Hpy for u buh be rest assured dat u r undergoing d màking process. it myt be tasking n frustrating sometyms buh u v d Grace to stand til u v been fully made n manifested
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by chrisviral(m): 11:21pm On Aug 18, 2014
defendedvictim:
I quite understand wat u mean n I knw its difficult. I'd luv to v a personal chat with u if its possible.
in any case, be patient with God, even as u grow in His luv. He's working all Dese out for ur gud.

I will PM you!
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by defendedvictim(m): 11:56pm On Aug 18, 2014
chrisviral:

I will PM you!
Ohk..I v replied d pm
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by defendedvictim(m): 11:57pm On Aug 18, 2014
chrisviral:

I will PM you!
I v replied d pm
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Elijah78: 8:07am On Aug 19, 2014
chrisviral:

It's confusing, you know why I don't usually buy the "God plan" for you thing is.. what about those who died, is that God's plan for them, the sick ones too, is that some sort of divine plan, i'm so loosing it right now, don't know what to think anymore...
Men all i'm asking is for a hug, just a hug and maybe a whisper to say everything will be fine son, im here...
Is that too much?

To know God's individaul plan for you, it is very important to develop a personal relationship with Him. When you develop a personal relationship with God, that is when you step into His plan for your life which is also referred to in scripture as ''His rest". If you don''t learn to trust God you cannot enter His Rest.

Hebrews 4:3. This is what it says.

"For we who have learned to trust in God do enter that rest. And this is in accordance with the declaration that He has made, that those who do not learn to trust Him should not be able to enter when He said, As I swore in My anger, they shall not enter My rest. And when He said that, His works had already been completed from the foundation of the world and were waiting for all who would learn to trust in Him."

Also see Hebrews 4:9,10.

"So there remains a rest reserved for the true people of God. And he who enters into this rest has ceased from the weariness and futility of human labors (religion), just as God did from those works that were distinctly His."

It’s not up to you to determine which circumstances in your life are tolerable and which ones are intolerable.
t’s not up to you to figure out what God needs to change in others because you don’t like it
But if you do, what He’s hearing. God, I don’t like Your plan. I don’t like Your plan for others. I don’t really care about Your purpose. I think I have a better plan

In Philippians 4 Paul is thanking the church at Philippi for their generosity in contributing to his needs. And included in this is an explanation of what Paul had learned over the years by submitting to God’s plan for his life. This is what he says in verses 11-14.

"I am not implying that I was in any personal need. I have learned to be content to the extent that I am not disturbed by any circumstance. I know how to live in humble and difficult circumstances, and I know how to enjoy myself when I have abundance. I have learned the secret of facing any situation, whether well fed or going hungry, having more than I need or being without. I’m ready for anything because of the strength that Christ gives me. But it was right and commendable of you to contribute and share in my circumstance. "

From Paul's experience we can understand that when you step into God's plan for your life (enter His rest), you are not immune to bad experiences

II Timothy verses 15-18 Paul tells Timothy that everyone, except Onesiphorus, had forsaken him and he was alone and destitute. He wasn’t complaining, just stating the facts. In chapter 4, verses 6-8 he essentially says that he has done everything that God has determined for him to do and that he’s ready to die. There’s no remorse and no regret. Paul was done. He knew it. And he was ready to go home.

To me i think this confidence only comes as a result of a personla relationship with God, where you hear God talk and you talk back. I remember stories in the Bible where God will speak and someone will ask for a sign etc

Hebrews 4:11 says "Let us therefore be fervent and strive to enter this rest of God, that none of us perish through unbelief as those in the wilderness.For the words that God speaks are always living and have the effective ability to change us.........

Paul says here that we should strive to enter the rest of God, the life He has prepared for us. He says we should understand that what God speaks to us is alive. It’s current, and relevant, and purposeful, today, tomorrow, the day after that and the day after that. And it can change us.

God doesn’t want us to avoid hard times. He wants to give us the strength to face hard times.

I will stop here as it is getting longer, sorry for the long post.

You can read here:
http://www.voiceofonecrying.com/Grace,Faith%20and%20the%20Rest%20of%20God.htm
http://www.voiceofonecrying.com/Read.htm

2 Likes

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 8:11am On Aug 19, 2014
jacobscros:

There is a section there called prophetic internship activation. I suggest you give it a try but read around the site you can even request a personal prophecy. I repeat that site is God's answer to your prayers.

Remember the story of the man who expected God to save him from a flood in a special way and ignored all attempts in the natural through people to save him from the flood till he died and went to heaven and asked God why he did not save him and God told him that he sent him a boat, a helicopter etc. but he ignored it all. Don't be like that guy. Your answer is right in front of you. Take a step of faith.
Oh I see what you mean now. I want you to understand something. God's gifts are never meant to replace Him, the Giver. The gift of prophecy or prophetic revelation has nothing to do with intimacy or fellowship with God. I love the Giver much more than I love His gifts.

Moreover, as regards your story, the man acted in presumption, not faith. There is a very huge difference between faith and presumption. Faith is founded on the Word of God, logos or rhema. Presumption, on the other hand, is not founded on the Word of God. Presumption acts on feelings or conviction it considers as guidance from God though it is always never certain of that fact therefore it seeks its own personal interpretation of God's answer to its request.

Presumption is deadly but faith is edifying because it has roots in the Word of God.

The gifts of God can never take the place of the Giver, and they are certainly not the answer to my hunger for closeness with God which is a reflection of God's hunger for closeness with me.

Stay blessed
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by chrisviral(m): 8:19am On Aug 19, 2014
@Elijah78

I understand you now, so in essence walking in "God's plan" doesn't excuse us from trouble.
Hmmmm.
Thanks for the link.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Elijah78: 8:23am On Aug 19, 2014
chrisviral: @Elijah78

I understand you now, so in essence walking in "God's plan" doesn't excuse us from trouble.
Hmmmm.
Thanks for the link.

You are welcome brethren!
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 8:43am On Aug 19, 2014
chrisviral:

Is that too much?
You see, whether you know it or not, whether you believe it or not, whether you want it or not, God has everlasting and undying love for you, and He has a plan for you.

He loves you as if you are the only person He created. That is how much He loves each of us.

If you listen to your circumstances, you will be deceived into thinking God has abandoned you. When you finally go home, everything will become crystal clear to you. You will understand the reason He made us go through difficult times and you'll love Him so much when you finally see His wisdom behind the difficulties and trials you faced in life.

He knows your heart and what you desire. He will hug you in a way you will never forget. I say this with absolute certainty because He has done just that to me. No, I'm not any more special than you. In fact, I firmly believe I am the least of saints. However, if He has hugged me and told me how much He loves me when I did not even ask for it, He will do the same for you, especially when it is what you desire from Him.
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by chrisviral(m): 8:52am On Aug 19, 2014
torchwave: You see, whether you know it or not, whether you believe it or not, whether you want it or not, God has everlasting and undying love for you, and He has a plan for you.

He loves you as if you are the only person He created. That is how much He loves each of us.

If you listen to your circumstances, you will be deceived into thinking God has abandoned you. When you finally go home, everything will become crystal clear to you. You will understand the reason He made us go through difficult times and you'll love Him so much when you finally see His wisdom behind the difficulties and trials you faced in life.

He knows your heart and what you desire. He will hug you in a way you will never forget. I say this with absolute certainty because He has done just that to me. No, I'm not any more special than you. In fact, I firmly believe I am the least of saints. However, if He has hugged me and told me how much He loves me when I did not even ask for it, He will do the same for you, especially when it is what you desire from Him.

Thanks bro!
I will just have to watch and pray more, who knows light could be at my tunnel soon!

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 8:56am On Aug 19, 2014
Defendedvictim and Elijah78, I have added to my knowledge reading your words. More importantly, I want to express my appreciation for your taking the time to talk about God in a way that will benefit anyone who reads them. This also goes to every one who has contributed in one way or the other to the benefit of others. Remain blessed.

2 Likes

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by torchwave: 9:00am On Aug 19, 2014
chrisviral:

Thanks bro!
I will just have to watch and pray more, who knows light could be at my tunnel soon!
That's the spirit.

There is always light at the end of the tunnel.
smiley

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by defendedvictim(m): 10:36am On Aug 19, 2014
torchwave: Defendedvictim and Elijah78, I have added to my knowledge reading your words. More importantly, I want to express my appreciation for your taking the time to talk about God in a way that will benefit anyone who reads them. This also goes to every one who has contributed in one way or the other to the benefit of others. Remain blessed.
u r welcm..may He continually kip u standing
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Nobody: 10:49am On Aug 19, 2014
torchwave: thanks for the word of advice, and God bless you, too.

I love the bolded. See you in paradise.
smiley

you do? are you male or female? undecided
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by TeeVee(m): 10:59am On Aug 19, 2014
torchwave: You can get all the help you need as regards seeking God. It is just a matter of asking or praying to God.

Besides, you're not alone. Daily repentance is one of the keys to abiding in Christ.
I really I'm glad I found this thread,I mean on 'nairaland',my joy knows no bound. But I'll love to start from this quote (will be asking some lots'a question as well). Its as regards daily repentance,is it scriptural if it can't be targeted to a particular sin...according to 1John3:6 as well as acts8:1-2 and Rom6:2,most peeps do without no cognisance of any sin at heart,I feel I shouldn't go to my earthly father everyday asking for forgiveness less God. What's U̶̲̥̅̊ guys pick on it rili as against the bible verses,aint sounding controversial,just need clarifications...
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Johnnoo(m): 12:15pm On Aug 19, 2014
torchwave: Hi Zeeayinita, tell you what, I used to oscillate between repentance and sin. I would backslide and repent till I became sick and tired of life.

I cried out to God for help which did not seem to come. I prayed to God many times to deliver me from slavery to sin...until one certain day, God gave me an experience after which He led me to the discovery of the secrets to overcoming sin. Since then, I have become like a plant firmly rooted in Christ. I have peace everyday because the Spirit of God bears witness with my spirit that I am God's child.

It has been many months since then and I am still abiding in Christ which is the first time in my life I will be faithful to God for a long time.

So what did God teach me that has been helping me overcome sin and the flesh?

First, the only way to overcome sin is to walk in love. Believe me when I say there is nothing else that overcomes sin better than walking in God's kind of love. Love wants nothing for itself. It is not selfish because it does not look for its own satisfaction but the satisfaction and happiness of others. The policy of love is others before self and God is the great Other. I have very great confidence of making heaven should death meet me unexpectedly because I strive everyday to walk in love. Through walking in love I have been able to subject my flesh, discipline it to obey God, and master sin. I walk in perfect liberty because walking in love helps me nail the body of death to the cross daily. I learnt through experience of practicing love that whenever I step out of love I sin, and whenever I act in love I overcome sin. It is difficult at first but becomes second nature after much practice. Love is so powerful and it never fails. Read Ephesians 1:4.

Secondly, Grace. Nothing is greater than the grace of God. We can do nothing without God, that's why we need grace to live holy and blameless lives before God. Ask for His grace to please Him and never stray from following Him. Ask for His grace to be faithful to Him to the end. Make it a daily habit of asking for His grace because His grace will set you apart from the world and keep you in God.

Third, never think you stand by your power. When you begin to overcome sin, there is the tendency to think you are able to achieve purity by your ability. That is foul pride. Nobody stands by his or her power. God is the reason we are steadfast in the Faith. I always tell God that He is the One that upholds me, and that if I fall it is either because I let go of Him or He lets me slip from His grip.
You should always have a humble attitude towards God if you need His grace to live an overcoming life. Humility is nothing but admitting the truth about us - acknowledging our human limitations to God. Just that. Humility recognizes the fact that it is impossible to stand without the help of God. When you have this attitude, you become God's candidate of grace, grace to overcome sin.

Lastly, know yourself. Study your weaknesses and avoid any situation that presents itself as temptation to sin. I know how difficult it is but God will see you through. God knows we are perfectly capable of overcoming our weaknesses.

Remember, God does not see your past after you have repented. All He sees is a new person without a past because the blood of Jesus Christ washes away your sins past and present. You are a new creation, perfect and sinless like Jesus Christ which is why there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. Of course we will fall, but we must not stay down. We should develop the habit of repenting of sins and forsaking them to continue to stay very close to Jesus Christ. A saint is not the person who does not commit sin (no saint like that ever existed); it is the person who falls, recognizes his mistake, repents of his sin, gets up and continues on his path of righteousness in God.

Know this, it is impossible to live a perfect life on earth since we are still clothed in bodies of corruption. What counts as perfection is our efforts to strive towards perfection daily, forgetting what is behind till we put off this corrupt body to wear the incorruptible one.

I pray you find the grace to overcome sin and live a life pleasing to God.

Thanks Brother

1 Like

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Johnnoo(m): 12:15pm On Aug 19, 2014
torchwave: Hi Zeeayinita, tell you what, I used to oscillate between repentance and sin. I would backslide and repent till I became sick and tired of life.

I cried out to God for help which did not seem to come. I prayed to God many times to deliver me from slavery to sin...until one certain day, God gave me an experience after which He led me to the discovery of the secrets to overcoming sin. Since then, I have become like a plant firmly rooted in Christ. I have peace everyday because the Spirit of God bears witness with my spirit that I am God's child.

It has been many months since then and I am still abiding in Christ which is the first time in my life I will be faithful to God for a long time.

So what did God teach me that has been helping me overcome sin and the flesh?

First, the only way to overcome sin is to walk in love. Believe me when I say there is nothing else that overcomes sin better than walking in God's kind of love. Love wants nothing for itself. It is not selfish because it does not look for its own satisfaction but the satisfaction and happiness of others. The policy of love is others before self and God is the great Other. I have very great confidence of making heaven should death meet me unexpectedly because I strive everyday to walk in love. Through walking in love I have been able to subject my flesh, discipline it to obey God, and master sin. I walk in perfect liberty because walking in love helps me nail the body of death to the cross daily. I learnt through experience of practicing love that whenever I step out of love I sin, and whenever I act in love I overcome sin. It is difficult at first but becomes second nature after much practice. Love is so powerful and it never fails. Read Ephesians 1:4.

Secondly, Grace. Nothing is greater than the grace of God. We can do nothing without God, that's why we need grace to live holy and blameless lives before God. Ask for His grace to please Him and never stray from following Him. Ask for His grace to be faithful to Him to the end. Make it a daily habit of asking for His grace because His grace will set you apart from the world and keep you in God.

Third, never think you stand by your power. When you begin to overcome sin, there is the tendency to think you are able to achieve purity by your ability. That is foul pride. Nobody stands by his or her power. God is the reason we are steadfast in the Faith. I always tell God that He is the One that upholds me, and that if I fall it is either because I let go of Him or He lets me slip from His grip.
You should always have a humble attitude towards God if you need His grace to live an overcoming life. Humility is nothing but admitting the truth about us - acknowledging our human limitations to God. Just that. Humility recognizes the fact that it is impossible to stand without the help of God. When you have this attitude, you become God's candidate of grace, grace to overcome sin.

Lastly, know yourself. Study your weaknesses and avoid any situation that presents itself as temptation to sin. I know how difficult it is but God will see you through. God knows we are perfectly capable of overcoming our weaknesses.

Remember, God does not see your past after you have repented. All He sees is a new person without a past because the blood of Jesus Christ washes away your sins past and present. You are a new creation, perfect and sinless like Jesus Christ which is why there is no condemnation for those in Christ Jesus. Of course we will fall, but we must not stay down. We should develop the habit of repenting of sins and forsaking them to continue to stay very close to Jesus Christ. A saint is not the person who does not commit sin (no saint like that ever existed); it is the person who falls, recognizes his mistake, repents of his sin, gets up and continues on his path of righteousness in God.

Know this, it is impossible to live a perfect life on earth since we are still clothed in bodies of corruption. What counts as perfection is our efforts to strive towards perfection daily, forgetting what is behind till we put off this corrupt body to wear the incorruptible one.

I pray you find the grace to overcome sin and live a life pleasing to God.

Thanks Brother...God bless you richly
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Johnnoo(m): 12:24pm On Aug 19, 2014
defendedvictim: funny tho..buh Nt every christian is a nitwit. we pursue knowledge, n above all, we pursue God.
Thanks a million!!!
Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by Elijah78: 12:42pm On Aug 19, 2014
TeeVee: I really I'm glad I found this thread,I mean on 'nairaland',my joy knows no bound. But I'll love to start from this quote (will be asking some lots'a question as well). Its as regards daily repentance,is it scriptural if it can't be targeted to a particular sin...according to 1John3:6 as well as acts8:1-2 and Rom6:2,most peeps do without no cognisance of any sin at heart,I feel I shouldn't go to my earthly father everyday asking for forgiveness less God. What's U̶̲̥̅̊ guys pick on it rili as against the bible verses,aint sounding controversial,just need clarifications...

While waiting on brethren to through more light in your questions, i will request that you read these verses in Mathew5:9-15

Verse 9. So, when you talk to God, this is how you should talk to Him and what you should talk about. Talk to your Father in Heaven like you would talk to your earthly father, with affection and respect. Only acknowledge that He deserves an honor and respect greater than any man.

Verse 10. Then affirm to Him again that you want His Kingdom revealed in your life. And tell Him that you only want what He wants, so His will can be seen here on the earth just like it is in His Heavenly domain.

Verse 11. Ask Him to give you just what you need for today.

Verse 12. And ask Him to forgive you of your faults and mistakes and the offenses they've caused. Then tell Him you understand that His forgiveness is determined by your own willingness to forgive those who have offended you.

Verse 13. And finally, ask Him to protect you from yourself and from all the evil that surrounds you in the world.

Verses 14, 15. And remember if you’re willing to forgive others, then your Heavenly Father will forgive you. But, if you’re not willing to forgive others, neither will your Heavenly Father be willing to forgive you.

N/B This is a model prayer. Jesus’ intent is that we include these things in our conversation when we talk to God. That doesn’t mean He wants it to become a thoughtless, meaningless ritual. It means there are certain things that are important and we should continually make the application of these things a reality.

Since this is a model prayer, again, we need to understand Jesus’ intent. Every time we talk to God we need to ask Him to forgive us of any sins we’ve committed since the last time we talked to Him. The above items must be included in our prayers and more, meaning other things we want to discuss with Him. Remember He is your Father and has given you the privilege to talk to Him as you would do to your earthly father. So when you talk to Him (prayer) you wait for a response (which is the journey we have just embarked on, hearing Him speak to us). Remember communication is a two sided affair.

Now Remember King David went as far as praying like this: "Keep back thy servant also from presumptuous sins."—Psalm 19:13.. I also remember he prayed for God to forgive him of secret sins. Now the issue here is that sin might not also be just an act, if your mind wanders around and plan evil which was not translated to action (presumptuous) or you committed a sin and no body saw you, when you come before God to pray, you just have to be sincere about. Tell him every thing and be remorseful about your intentions. That is why Jesus said: Matt 6:3 ""Always guard yourselves from wrong intentions.""

N/B Matt 6:6 If you’re talking to God, go to a quiet, private place and just talk to Him. Then He’ll honor your personal, heart-felt prayers by blessing you in ways that show you really do talk to Him.

2 Likes

Re: Seeking The Face Of God - The Journey by mbaemeka(m): 1:23pm On Aug 19, 2014
Chrisviral,

Your write-up has blessed me immensely and is quite reminiscent for me as I once felt that way and even still feel that way- albeit momentarily.

I will try as concisely as possible to explain what helped me win in such situations. The first thought you have to settle in your spirit, soul and body is that God loves you as much as he loves Jesus-since he let Jesus die for you.

The second thought you have to understand is there is a patience aspect to go with faith. Hebrews 6:12 tells us that we are to emulate those who through FAITH and PATIENCE obtained promises from God.

How long do you suppose Abraham got his promised son from when the promise was originally given? 25 years the scriptures say. 25 long years and Abraham had to listen to God remind him profusely that he would be a blessing to many through his son. Yet the supposed son hadn't come.

Can you imagine what Abraham had to go through listening to unbelievers telling him he should get a child out of wedlock or adopt one? Can you envision Abraham seeing families of unbelievers having children so easily yet he- a friend of God, had none?

What did Romans 4:17 tell us he did at such points?
1. It told us Abraham believed God.
2. Against hope he believed in Hope.
3. He refused to consider the circumstances.
4. He was STRONG in faith- by giving Thanks to God because he had settled it in his heart that God wasn't just able to give him his desire, God was also willing.

So I emplore you to add all that to your walk with God and with it add patience. James said our faith after being tried produces patience. And patience after being made manifest produces perfection.

When it feels like you can't hear from God or your prayers aren't being answered just raise your hands and give thanks like Abraham. Say things like "Father I thank you because you love me way more than I can ever love myself and your thoughts for me are always good". "Even though I do not understand the situation or I do not desire to be here I understand that all things work out together for my good because you love me". "I choose to only celebrate and glory in my challenges because I know that my expectations will be met".

I did exactly this and I tell you soon enough things began to fall in place and everything I asked for (even in the past) that I thought I had lost they all came back to me.

I hope this helps you.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Luciferean Series I: Understanding Christianity / Have You Ever Been Embarrassed During A Church Service? / RCCG To Commission 12milion Capacity Auditorium. At The 63 Annual Convention

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 145
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.