Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,013 members, 7,806,964 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 07:56 AM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (247763 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by onegig(m): 11:28pm On Jul 07, 2014
tbaba1234:

I have tried sending mails, they just ignored it. I sent a mail to Mukina2 once, and got a one line disinterested reply.

I also sent mails via the mods, no response from Seun or Mukina2.

It makes no sense. Why the discrimination?
Hmmm. Ok o. Let me see what i can do. This isn't right. I don't understand why Seun has to cower to bullies and extremists.

It's very evident from the traditional religionist threads that have hit frontpage in the past and the response on those threads by these same set of extremists that muslims are never the problem neither are "true christains". Because i have many friends from the opposite religion and I have never seen them stifle freedom of speech and run over people with different beliefs with such hateful words and venom.

Just check those threads and see the bitterness and name calling from people who call themselves children of God.

For any right thinking site owner. He needs to understand that such perpetrators are just a segment of forumites whom we can term as extremists or weeds he needs to exterminate.

Do we have to hide everyother religion just because a disgruntled section of people can't just get their acts right? Or do we just settle or throw our freedom of association into the bin just because some people would always type rubbish on threads that hit frontpage? Is banning such people from such sections not enough? Why the widespread discrimination that i as a muslim can't even read topics from this section on the front page?

One thing is sure about any successful administrator. You always set the rules for fair play. You don't cower to terrorists and extremists. In this case I am afraid Seun is allowing yabaleft candidates to set rules for him.

7 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 12:20am On Jul 08, 2014
^You know the problem? Too many Muslims are too carefree. Perhaps, maclatunji has been "overefficient", Seun disrespects our entire comminity and many people just act like it is okay.

You do not succumb to blackmail, there are lots of lawful ways to address this injustice but if more Muslims do not take action, things will remain like this.

I say this with all humility that I know the struggles and inconveniences that I have faced over demanding fairness for this section for years. It is up to the Muslim community on Nairaland to prove that this issue is recognised and rejected as a collective insult by Seun and it is not "maclatunji" blowing things out of proportion.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by onegig(m): 12:40am On Jul 08, 2014
maclatunji: ^You know the problem? Too many Muslims are too carefree. Perhaps, maclatunji has been "overefficient", Seun disrespects our entire comminity and many people just act like it is okay.

You do not succumb to blackmail, there are lots of lawful ways to address this injustice but if more Muslims do not take action, things will remain like this.

I say this with all humility that I know the struggles and inconveniences that I have faced over demanding fairness for this section for years. It is up to the Muslim community on Nairaland to prove that this issue is recognised and rejected as a collective insult by Seun and it is not "maclatunji" blowing things out of proportion.

I do agree many have been docile and don't just want to be bothered.

I am just bothered that he couldn't just find a way out of all these issues except to carry out such drastic and inconsiderate act.

I wonder why he hasn't also canceled out the politics section from reaching the frontpage (oh i forgot he has started "balancing" the equation in that section by posting threads to the fp even if it meant peddling falsehood just to have equal representation of both the people in power and the opposition).

I don't like confrontations before issues are solved. I believe we are humans and should be able to talk over issues and reach a compromise with each party respecting the other, but if it's only "noise" he listens to before taking action, then we would generate that noise for him.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by onegig(m): 12:42am On Jul 08, 2014
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 12:52am On Jul 08, 2014
onegig: I do agree many have been docile and don't just want to be bothered.

I am just bothered that he couldn't just find a way out of all these issues except to carry out such act. I wonder why he hasn't also canceled out the politics section from reaching frontpage (oh i forgot he has started "balancing" the equation in that section about the the threads that hit fp even if it meant peddling falsehood).

I don't like confrontations before we are able to sort issues out. I believe we are humans and should be able to talk over issues and reach a compromise with each party respecting the other but if he only it's "noise" that moves him to take action. Then we would generate noise for him.

If you want to achieve anything worthy of recognition with human beings, you are going to have to master the art of confrontation because 99% of the time, people will refuse to do the right thing for varying reasons.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 12:53am On Jul 08, 2014
maclatunji: ^You know the problem? Too many Muslims are too carefree. Perhaps, maclatunji has been "overefficient", Seun disrespects our entire comminity and many people just act like it is okay.

We need to take a stand on some issues. We are trampled upon because we have not really organised and are docile. Many will say, let it rest. Leave it alone.

I see threads on FP that are meant to attract the haters and abuse will be rained on islam, yet threads that have a more positive message are banned.

I really wish we can all come together and focus on this thing but where are the muslims?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by onegig(m): 5:29am On Jul 08, 2014
maclatunji:

If you want to achieve anything worthy of recognition with human beings, you are going to have to master the art of confrontation because 99% of the time, people will refuse to do the right thing for varying reasons.
I know but maybe its me. Seems i tend to expect some level of responsibility from people who are in positions. I don't think we have to tickle his conscience before he does what is right.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by onegig(m): 5:40am On Jul 08, 2014
tbaba1234:

We need to take a stand on some issues. We are trampled upon because we have not really organised and are docile. Many will say, let it rest. Leave it alone.

I really wish we can all come together and focus on this thing but where are the muslims?

The muslims are there. Most just get disinterested when the people who lead such threads don't coordinate things well and speak clearly about what the needs and what the required steps they want implemented. Or most times they have too many other unneeded baggages that doesn't really pertain to the topic of discussion.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Sissie(f): 7:05am On Jul 08, 2014
Obviously creating a thread and calling Seun out won't work, so what can be done?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by onegig(m): 7:37am On Jul 08, 2014
Sissie: Obviously creating a thread and calling Seun out won't work, so what can be done?
lol. Lets go on and give an ultimatum, create a "occupyNairaland thread"or bringbackourgirls styled movement and also march on the streets of Lagos and Abuja. Lol. Just kidding.

All we need is diplomacy and a clear cut message on what our needs and wants are. There's no way we won't open a thread but this time we don't need to be confrontational. Just state the facts and let the people be the judge.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 7:50am On Jul 08, 2014
Sissie:

Some sunni are also of the same opinion with what al_baqir posted it's not a shia position per se.

Haq, those ahadith simply indicate it's neither mandatory to offer taraweeh in jummah. You know, early Ulama did good job by reasoning. At the time of the Prophet(S), Muslims are not over 1bn. I believe that it's important to pray in jummah for awareness purposes. Folks also have option of praying taraweeh solo. It's actually needed in this modern times to bring muslims together. So Tbaba/Baqir are correct really.

I trust Baqir, he can write 5 paragraphs per reply. He probably talks a lot in real world grin. Correct Baqir?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Sissie(f): 7:56am On Jul 08, 2014
onegig: lol. Lets go on and give an ultimatum, create a "occupyNairaland thread"or bringbackourgirls styled movement and also march on the streets of Lagos and Abuja. Lol. Just kidding.

All we need is diplomacy and a clear cut message on what our needs and wants are. There's no way we won't open a thread but this time we don't need to be confrontational. Just state the facts and let the people be the judge.

Do you think diplomacy will work with Seun? You are giving him too much credit.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 7:59am On Jul 08, 2014
Sissie: Obviously creating a thread and calling Seun out won't work, so what can be done?

Well, that achieved some results, we went from full ban to partial ban. grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Sissie(f): 8:01am On Jul 08, 2014
tbaba1234:

Well, that achieved some results, we went from full ban to partial ban. grin

Well true.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Sissie(f): 8:04am On Jul 08, 2014
Empiree:

Haq, those ahadith simply indicate it's neither mandatory to offer taraweeh in jummah. You know, early Ulama did good job by reasoning. At the time of the Prophet(S), Muslims are not over 1bn. I believe that it's important to pray in jummah for awareness purposes. Folks also have option of praying taraweeh solo. It's actually needed in this modern times to bring muslims together. So Tbaba/Baqir are correct really.

I trust Baqir, he can write 5 paragraphs per reply. He probably talks a lot in real world grin. Correct Baqir?

True the main point is its optional.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 8:06am On Jul 08, 2014
Deleted
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by onegig(m): 8:12am On Jul 08, 2014
Sissie:

Do you think diplomacy will work with Seun? You are giving him too much credit.
That's the first point of call. I know how very unreasonable and illogical he can be. But we can always give it a try. His counter claims if any cannot be justified.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 8:13am On Jul 08, 2014
onegig: That's the first point of call. I know how very unreasonable and illogical he can be. But we can always give it a try. His counter claims if any cannot be justified.

Diplomacy only works if there is an avenue for it.

We were diplomatic the last time
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 8:25am On Jul 08, 2014
Empiree:

First, I do not oppose "taraweeh" what I vehemently oppose is the claim that its a sunnah established by the holy prophet (saws). And empty claim that it is better to offer it in Jama'a (congregation) than Furada (alone).

The hadith posted are very clear. Prophet ordered them to go and pray it at home which is better.

Besides, what prophet used to pray was Tahajjud (Ramadhan or not Ramadhan) and that was what he feared it might become obligatory upon his Ummah had it continue in Jama'a led by him. Remember Tahajjud was made obligatory on him (saws).

Taraweeh is usually prayed after salat Ishai while Tahajjud is a Late night or middle of the night prayer.

Some scholars tried to play smart by saying both are the same. It is left for them to bring a single hadith which prove prophet did pray an 8 or 10 or 20 rakat after salat Ishai.

Little wonder why tbaba fell for the dubious translation of "Qiyam" to "Taraweeh". Umar ibn khattab laid the foundation of "taraweeh" in Jama'a and he himself called it a good Bid'ah Not Sunnah of Muhammad.

Again I did not oppose Taraweeh. To me its just a nawafil if you perform, you might be rewarded and if you don't, absolutely no sin.

Empiree:

grin I talk only when its necessary esp religious. Talking too much devoid wisdom and you commit sins easily.

The more I studied various opinions the more I write to present, and counter or balance different opinion.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by onegig(m): 8:33am On Jul 08, 2014
^^ and just like he predicted you just typed five paragraphs.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 10:05am On Jul 08, 2014
onegig: ^^ and just like he predicted you just typed five paragraphs.

More than 5 though. grin Its a free world! Those who have passion for reading will read and those who doesn't will not.

Religious issues is dead serious to me so I always try my best to express myself in clear statements. Whatever I say could be proof against me on the day of judgment.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by onegig(m): 11:15am On Jul 08, 2014
AlBaqir:

More than 5 though. grin Its a free world! Those who have passion for reading will read and those who doesn't will not.

Religious issues is dead serious to me so I always try my best to express myself in clear statements. Whatever I say could be proof against me on the day of judgment.

Add these two and you got like 10 already. Lol!

Just taunting you!
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by kazlaw2000: 3:18pm On Jul 08, 2014
tbaba1234: You do not expect me to read that.

My goal is not to debate but to point out that your position is a Shia position. Something, you failed to inform the reader of.

Ramadan Mubarak.

No sir. Its not a Shia position. Its a valid scholarly opinion.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 3:41pm On Jul 08, 2014
kazlaw2000:
No sir. Its not a Shia position. Its a valid scholarly opinion.

That taraweeh in jama'ah is bidah?? That, my friend is a shia position.

The issue of differences of opinion was also talked about in the article posted.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 4:27pm On Jul 08, 2014
tbaba1234:

That taraweeh in jama'ah is bidah?? That, my friend is a shia position.

The issue of differences of opinion was also talked about in the article posted.

YES it is. "...what a good BID'AH" Umar said. Recorded by Bukhari.

It is not shi'a opinion. It is Umar's sincere proclamation.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by onegig(m): 5:53pm On Jul 08, 2014
tbaba1234:

Diplomacy only works if there is an avenue for it.

We were diplomatic the last time
Ok. Maybe i give up then. What else can we do then?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Kunlexic(m): 5:52am On Jul 09, 2014
Asalam-alaikun my brothers,pls which site is the best to download islamic books and receive islamic education online?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 7:37am On Jul 09, 2014
Ibn al-Qayyim said: “Rushing towards Allāh and depending on Him, being pleased with Him, filling the heart with love of Him, constantly remembering Him, feeling happiness and joy with knowing Him – all of these are instantaneous rewards, a paradise of this world, and a life that the lives of kings cannot even compare to. I heard Shaykh al-Islam Ibn Taymiyyah (may Allāh have Mercy on him) say: 'Indeed, there is a paradise in this world. Whoever doesn’t enter it will not enter the Paradise of the Hereafter.'"

Just Apt and so true.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 7:53am On Jul 09, 2014
Kunlexic: Asalam-alaikun my brothers,pls which site is the best to download islamic books and receive islamic education online?

Islamic books: http://www.kalamullah.com/

Islamic Education: http://islamiconlineuniversity.com/
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Kunlexic(m): 8:02am On Jul 09, 2014
tbaba1234:

Islamic books: http://www.kalamullah.com/

Islamic Education: http://islamiconlineuniversity.com/
thanks sir,Allah bless u.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 8:04am On Jul 09, 2014
Kunlexic: thanks sir,Allah bless u.

You too, bro.

Assalamu aleikum
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by reedbam: 11:49am On Jul 09, 2014
tbaba1234:

Salam

I think, you have to be careful with the opinion you accept from albaqir as it is a Shia position. Shia are 10-15% of the muslim population and their views go against the views of the main body of muslims many times.

The vast majority of muslims agree that tarawih is better in congregation but you can do it individually too.

The only difference of opinion lies with those who have the whole quran memorised.

This is from islamqa

Praise be to Allaah.

Praying Taraweh in congregation in the mosque is! better than praying at home.

This is indicated by the Sunnah and the actions of the Sahaabah (may Allaah be pleased with them).

1 – al-Bukhaari (1129) and Muslim (761) narrated from ‘Aa’ishah (may Allaah be pleased with her) that the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) prayed one night in the mosque, and the people followed him in prayer. Then he prayed the next night, and many people came. Then they gathered on the third or fourth night, and the Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) did not come out to them. The next morning he said: “I saw what you did, and nothing kept me from coming out to you except the fact that I feared that it would be made obligatory for you.” And that was in Ramadaan.

This indicates that praying Taraweeh in congregation is prescribed according to the Sunnah of the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him), but he refrained from doing it because he feared that it would be made obligatory for the ummah. When the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) died, this reservation was no longer required, because the sharee’ah was established.

2 – al-Tirmidhi (806) narrated that Abu Dharr (may Allaah be pleased with him) said: The Messenger of Allaah (peace and blessings of Allaah be upon him) said: “Whoever prays qiyaam – i.e., Taraweeh – with the imam until he finishes, it will be recorded as if he spent the whole night inprayer.”

Classed as saheeh by al-Albaani in Saheeh
al-Tirmidhi

3 – al-Bukhaari (2010) narrated that ‘Abd al-Rahmaan ibn ‘Abd al-Qaari said: I went out with ‘Umar ibn al-Khattaab (may Allaah be pleased with him) to the mosque one night in Ramadaan, and the people were scattered, each man praying by himself. Some men would pray and have groups of people behind them following them. ‘Umar said: “I think that if I unite all these people with one reader, it will be better. Then he
resolved to gather them behind Ubayy ibn Ka’b.

al-Haafiz said:
Ibn al-Teen and others said that ‘Umar
based this decision on the Prophet’s
approval of those who prayed with him on
those nights. Although he disliked that for
them, that was based on the fear that it
might be made obligatory for them. When
the Prophet (peace and blessings of Allaah
be upon him) died, there was no longer any
fear of that happening, and ‘Umar thought,
because of the potential division that might
arise from people praying separately, and
because uniting them behind one reader is
more motivating for many people. The
majority agreed with ‘Umar’s decision. End
quote from Fath al-Baari .
Al-Nawawi said in al-Majmoo’ , 3/526:

Praying Taraweeh is Sunnah according to
scholarly consensus… It is permissible to
offer this prayer alone or in congregation,
but which is better? There are two well-
known opinions on this matter. The correct
view according to the consensus of our
companions is that praying it in
congregation is better. The second view is
that it is better to pray it individually.
Our companions said: The difference of
opinion has to do with one who has
memorized the Qur’aan; there is no fear
that he may become lazy and neglect it if
he prays on his own, and the congregation
in the mosque is not going to be affected if
he stays away. But if one of these factors
is absent, then praying in congregation is
better, and there is no difference of
scholarly opinion on this point.

The author of al-Shaamil said:
Abu’l-‘Abbaas and Abu Ishaaq said that
praying Taraweeh in congregation is better
than praying it individually, because of the
consensus of the Sahaabah and the
consensus of the scholars of the regions on
this point. End quote.

Ibn al-Mubaarak, Ahmad and Ishaaq
favoured praying with the imam during the
month of Ramadaan.
It says in Tuhfat al-Ahwadhi :
In the book on night prayer (qiyaam): it was
said to Ahmad ibn Hanbal: Do you prefer a
man to pray with the people in Ramadaan
or on his own? He said: He should pray with
the people. He said: And I prefer that he
should pray with the imam and pray Witr
with him. The Prophet (peace and blessings
of Allaah be upon him) said: “If a man
prays qiyaam with the imam until he
finishes, it will be recorded as if he spent
the rest of the night (in prayer).” Ahmad
(may Allaah have mercy on him) said: “He
should pray with the people until he prays
Witr with them, and he should not leave
until the imam leaves. Abu Dawood said: I
saw him (Imam Ahmad) – in the month of
Ramadaan, praying Witr with his imam,
except on one night when I did not attend.
Ishaaq (may Allaah have mercy on him)
said: I said to Ahmad: Is praying qiyaam in
Ramadaan in congregation dearer to you or
praying on one’s own? He said: I prefer that
this prayer should be offered in
congregation, so as to revive the Sunnah.
And Ishaaq said the same. End quote.
See al-Mughni , 1/457.

Shaykh Ibn ‘Uthaymeen said in Majaalis
Shahr Ramadaan, p. 22:
At first the Prophet (peace and blessings of
Allaah be upon him) used to pray Taraweeh
in congregation in the mosque, then he
stopped because he feared that it might be
made obligatory upon his ummah…
Then he quoted the two ahaadeeth quoted
above. Then he said:
No man should keep away from Taraweeh
prayer lest he misses out on the reward for
it. And he should not leave until the imam
finishes Taraweeh and Witr, so that he may
attain the reward of spending the whole
night in prayer. End quote.

Al-Albaani said in Qiyaam Ramadaan:
Rather it (praying Taraweeh in
congregation) is better than praying it
alone, because the Prophet (peace and
blessings of Allaah be upon him) did it
himself and explained its virtue.
Rather he did not lead them in praying it in
congregation for the rest of the month
because he feared that praying at night
during Ramadaan might be made obligatory
for them, and they would be unable to do
that, as it says in the hadeeth of ‘Aa’ishah
which is narrated in al-Saheehayn and
elsewhere. This concern no longer applied
after the Prophet (peace and blessings of
Allaah be upon him) died and Allaah had
completed Islam. Hence the reason for not
praying in congregation when offering night
prayers in Ramadaan was no longer present,
and the previous ruling remained in effect,
which is that it is prescribed to offer this
prayer in congregation. Hence ‘Umar (may
Allaah be pleased with him) revived it, as it
says in Saheeh al-Bukhaari and elsewhere.
End quote.

It says in al-Mawsoo’ah al-Fiqhiyyah
(27/138):
From the time of ‘Umar (may Allaah be
pleased with him), the Rightly-Guided
Caliphs and the Muslims regularly offered
Taraweeh prayer in congregation. ‘Umar
(may Allaah be pleased with him) is the
one who united the people in offering the
prayer behind a single imam.
Asad ibn ‘Amr ibn Abi Yoosuf said: I asked
Abu Haneefah about Taraweeh and what
‘Umar did. He said: Taraweeh is a
confirmed Sunnah, and ‘Umar did not base
his decision on speculation and he was not
introducing bid’ah (an innovation). He did
not enjoin it except because of what he
knew from the Messenger of Allaah (peace
and blessings of Allaah be upon him).
‘Umar introduced this and gathered the
people behind Ubayy ibn Ka’b and he
offered this prayer in congregation, at the
time when the Sahaabah – the Muhaajireen
and Ansaar – were still alive, and no one
among them objected to that, rather they
helped him and agreed with him, and also
enjoined it. End quote.

And Allaah knows best.

http://islamqa.info/en/45781
jazakhallahu khayran. This is the consensus of most ustadh's opinion I have sought. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (232) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 93
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.