Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,036 members, 7,807,108 topics. Date: Wednesday, 24 April 2024 at 09:39 AM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (105) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (247767 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 9:39pm On Apr 24, 2017
^^^^

Be like say the man dey smoke igbo but i dont know type igbo he dey smoke. She needs to separate from him legally (not divorce) for a while. She needs to go to court regardless of type of marriage they have. Him go kill her eventually the way crap is going on.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 2:41am On Apr 25, 2017
HorlarhMheporzy:
Is wife as went 2 his family bt non of usband family can 2 d usband, d usband wil scater evrytin. so his wif cant report im 2 d usband family again. d father also abuse d children dat y dey cant talk 2 dere mother of d bad deed she is doin, bt d children knws dat dere father is guilty of d conflict betwn bot of dem bt d children jst kip calm nd kip watchin. pls can d children settle d matter betwn dem at d stage or shud dem b doin dere responsibility as children 2 parent nd kip watching there parent on d conflict? pls advice.

Salam,

First, you have given us a one-sided information which somehow made the husband extremely guilty. I want to believe he's not mad. Therefore I would like to ask, "Do you have first hand information as per what normally trigger their differences"? Can we hear from each individual of both sides the real cause of their constant fight?!

Second, there are procedure specify by the holy Quran in situations like this. Delegates that are just and upright should be assigned from both the husband and wife's family to meet over the issue and discuss. If, am afraid, there are none, then what about the elders of their Muslim community even if the husband and wife are not known by them. They should be called to intervene.

Third, the first born of the family if matured enough has a lots of responsibility on his shoulder and can fix his parent's differences. No matter how much love he/she has for his/her mother (which is natural anyway), she/he must not reveal it in this situation otherwise that will either cloud his judgement or make the father accused him/her of siding the mother. What the eldest guy need to do is to politely with first grade respect approach their father alone and ask why he always fight with their mother? He should express how their constant fight have been hurting the children psychologically and plead to the father to be more tolerant. Then, he/she needs to do same to the mother.

Fourth, if after a long period of time this doesn't work, am afraid divorce is another option. There is nothing like "legal separation" in Islam as Empiree puts it. That is western idea not Islamic. However, I cannot either discard it totally. If Ulama review it and see anything sensible in it. Islam is very cautious about divorce unless there is no more option. We need to consider the future of the children. If they are then to be divorced, then, I advice it should be ruled by either sharia or common law to protect the interest of the woman and his children.

Fifth, if the husband is mentally derailed, that is a valid reason for a divorce to be granted.

Lastly, always try to write in good English. I can hardly read what you have posted up there. Besides, non-Nigerian read many things on this forum. With that "Naija disjointed and distorted form of English", they might find it extremely difficult to understand.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by HorlarhMheporzy(m): 8:04am On Apr 25, 2017
as i withness the issue, the second born as already ask when her father is quereling with her mother that what my mum did to you that make you angry like this, the father said when will go to your elder brodas boss shop to buy is working equipment is your money pay the money instead of her to give the money to me at home before geting to your brother shop, she make proud of herself and beging to count money and give the money to your brother shop, the husband continue saying all sort of crab that shouldnt be spoken from human being, meanwhile the wife didnt know that they wil pay for her first born work tools but what the wife heard from her son boss that if they didnt buy it now the working tools can be sold to another person, and to get another one so easily like this will be a problem so that was the wife use the money to pay for her trade goods to buy her son working tools, that what make the husband start malice with his wife and that cause conflict between them again.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:30pm On Apr 25, 2017
HorlarhMheporzy,

I think you should rather write in proper English. This is a Web. Not only Nigerians are here. To be honest with you I was having hard time reading your first posts.

Not that I'm saying you can't write properly. It is what you and many are used to. Kindly write properly next time . You may get more contributors if you write properly
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by HorlarhMheporzy(m): 6:59pm On Apr 25, 2017
Am very sorry for that mistake, i amend my mistake. thanks so much.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by HorlarhMheporzy(m): 7:48pm On Apr 25, 2017
The wife said to her first born that she dont tentionally did this but i think there is a point in what your boss said to me and your father, so i dont did it tentionally. so the son then see that their father cant tolerate, he get angry so easily with unreasonable things, any advice. this is the continuation of the one i modify/edit above.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Demmzy15(m): 4:37pm On Apr 26, 2017
Vedaxcool, the report by France is out and the culprit is Assad. grin grin France was against the US invasion of Iraaq and recognizes Palestinians. It was hard to obtain the English, I found it at last.

https:///odJEJVqhvu

It's a pdf, let's see the defense they'll put up this time grin

Cc AlBaqir Empiree Tefs et al, you're free!

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 5:02pm On Apr 26, 2017
^^^
grin grin unfortunately they will still move the goal post in the service of murderer assad.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 5:29pm On Apr 26, 2017
smh...u still on this?. I am not even thinking about this lately. Is there anything new in French report?. The last time you said you were wating for France report, i was simply shaking my head.

Here is France 2013 report blaming Assad for using chemical weapons.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/sep/02/syria-crisis-french-intelligence-assad

Syria blames France in 2016 for chemical attack
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/syria-makes-absurd-claim-french-government-sarin-nerve-gas-ghouta-chemical-attack-2013-a7205701.html

France blames Assad for chemical attack
http://www.sbs.com.au/news/article/2013/09/03/french-intelligence-blames-assad-attack

Here rebels were blamed for 2013 chemical attack
http://shoebat.com/2013/08/27/evidence-syrian-rebels-used-chemical-weapons-not-assad/

So i wonder why you so much happy about French report. Is anything really new that we dont know?. smh
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Demmzy15(m): 6:16pm On Apr 26, 2017
Vedaxcool, I no tell you! See the defense o, he even went as far as to quote anti islamic sites to proof what!! Walid Shoebat was a supposed ex-muslim cheesy grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by vedaxcool(m): 6:22pm On Apr 26, 2017
Demmzy15:
Vedaxcool, I no tell you! See the defense o, he even went as far as to quote anti islamic sites to proof what!! Walid Shoebat was a supposed ex-muslim cheesy grin

cheesy grin Assad image laundering team would quote just about any devil to defend Assad from evils he committed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 2:53am On Apr 27, 2017
This is a friend of mine from City of Detroit Michigan USA.See what he wrote

Rilwayne001, tintingz, albaqir maclatunji yazach Sissie tola9ja

1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 8:02am On Apr 27, 2017
Empiree:

Okay.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 8:18am On Apr 27, 2017
Empiree:

Obviously its possible but most of such situations today are usually by mistake (e.g girlfriend-boyfriendship, rape etc) or found in a society where they still practice child marriage. The fact however still remains that child of such age is not ready physically and mentally for marriage and its huge responsibility. Due to environmental and nutritional factors, a child of such age might be seen physically mature for s.ex but obviously not mentally mature for marriage. Even pregnancy and childbirth has been seen to be a huge problem for them except where adequate medical support is provided. Most of the children that are forced or mistakenly start family at this age usually find it difficult to cope.

# I remain an antagonist of child marriage.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tintingz(m): 10:24am On Apr 27, 2017
Empiree:

Was the kid(mother) raped? How old is the father?

There are cases of childbirth by kids everywhere.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 2:19pm On Apr 27, 2017
tintingz:
Was the kid(mother) raped? How old is the father?

There are cases of childbirth by kids everywhere.
I doubt she was raped. This is quiet common in American and they call it "mistake". But it happens again, again and again till date.

As albaqir rightly raised, this is a norm now worldwide. My concern is what is the difference btw this and northern Nigeria? .

You know why there is not so much noise about this in America, it is bcus of their robust economy and also if it happens in wealthy community or famous people like celebrities, there is no noise about pollution. Why do they make noise if this happens in poor community?.

You see the man appears to have no problems with it
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 2:16am On Apr 28, 2017

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 6:57am On Apr 28, 2017
Empiree:
Nigerians are not alone grin grin grin grin grin

http://naijagists.com/photos-ugandan-woman-38-kids-one-father-age-37-says-shes-making-babies-stay-alive/

How possible? She must have had twins more than once I guess.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tintingz(m): 10:37am On Apr 28, 2017
Empiree:
I doubt she was raped. This is quiet common in American and they call it "mistake". But it happens again, again and again till date.

As albaqir rightly raised, this is a norm now worldwide. My concern is what is the difference btw this and northern Nigeria? .

You know why there is not so much noise about this in America, it is bcus of their robust economy and also if it happens in wealthy community or famous people like celebrities, there is no noise about pollution. Why do they make noise if this happens in poor community?.

You see the man appears to have no problems with it
U.S lagal marriageable age is 18, 12 is illegal and the man can be arrested for child molestation. A 12 years old kid is not mentality and physically ready for relationship and procreating, this can even lead to health complications.

It might be a norm worldwide but it is not accepted everywhere.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tintingz(m): 10:45am On Apr 28, 2017
Rilwayne001:

How possible? She must have had twins more than once I guess.
Yes she had twins, from the report she has 6 set of twins, 4 set of triplet and 3 set quadruplets. shocked

She's suffering from a genetic disorder, that's what makes her has high ovulation.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 11:12am On Apr 28, 2017
tintingz:
Yes she had twins, from the report she has 6 set of twins, 4 set of triplet and 3 set quadruplets. shocked

She's suffering from a genetic disorder, that's what makes her has high ovulation.

Gadayuuuuuuuuummm!! sad shocked
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 11:13am On Apr 28, 2017
tintingz:

And she must have been very strong too.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:22pm On Apr 28, 2017
tintingz:
U.S lagal marriageable age is 18, 12 is illegal and the man can be arrested for child molestation. A 12 years old kid is not mentality and physically ready for relationship and procreating, this can even lead to health complications.

It might be a norm worldwide but it is not accepted everywhere.
I really don't buy this whole idea of "marriageable age". These girls today grow up fast. Although their sense of maturity can be very low. It is a norm now but they have no way of preventing it other than so called marriageable limit set by the govt.

My question is what is solution to this bcus we are deceiving ourselves with this age limit thing. This also constitutes madness in community. There is no difference between this and that of northern Nigeria except that if it happens in wealthy society like the West, no one condemns it bcus govt steps in.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 3:24pm On Apr 28, 2017
Rilwayne001:

And she must have been very strong too.
she even look healthy.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tintingz(m): 4:14pm On Apr 28, 2017
Empiree:
I really don't buy this whole idea of "marriageable age". These girls today grow up fast. Although their sense of maturity can be very low. It is a norm now but they have no way of preventing it other than so called marriageable limit set by the govt.
Like have said there are health complications for child bride, in the north many of child bride are suffering from VVF and many are abandoned not treated. This is one of the reason there are limited age for marriageable ages in law.

What does a 12 year old girl knows about things behind sex? She can be manipulate easily because at that age it is puberty stage, their sex drive in on, all this grown men trick this little kids into having sex with them, took advantage of them.

My question is what is solution to this bcus we are deceiving ourselves with this age limit thing. This also constitutes madness in community. There is no difference between this and that of northern Nigeria except that if it happens in wealthy society like the West, no one condemns it bcus govt steps in.
The way to control it is to educate kids about sex and the govt should be strict in law, the difference between U.S and northern Nigeria is, in U.S it is child molestation to have relationship with underage girls(Bill cosby, Akon, Michael Jackson were charged to court for this) but in the northern Nigeria they follow more of religious doctrines(sharia) than constitutional law, so they see nothing in it, I remember some years back when Senator Yerima wanted child marraige be legal in constitution, it was thrown to the bin.

..but it is really affecting them in the north, in Nigeria they have high rate of VVF.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:58pm On Apr 28, 2017
tintingz:
Like have said there are health complications for child bride, in the north many of child bride are suffering from VVF and many are abandoned not treated. This is one of the reason there are limited age for marriageable ages in law.

What does a 12 year old girl knows about things behind sex? She can be manipulate easily because at that age it is puberty stage, their sex drive in on, all this grown men trick this little kids into having sex with them, took advantage of them.
You dont even consider the father of the baby in the picture above might be "underage" 18

The way to control it is to educate kids about sex and the govt should be strict in law, the difference between U.S and northern Nigeria is, in U.S it is child molestation to have relationship with underage girls(Bill cosby, Akon, Michael Jackson were charged to court for this) but in the northern Nigeria they follow more of religious doctrines(sharia) than constitutional law, so they see nothing in it, I remember some years back when Senator Yerima wanted child marraige be legal in constitution, it was thrown to the bin.

..but it is really affecting them in the north, in Nigeria they have high rate of VVF.
Lol...they have bunch of "child education" till date and nothing changes. They actually encourage children even in high school to having sex. In New York for instance, the only thing they condemn is rape. They are not against "consent" from both party from having intercourse.. This is in secondary school in NY. So i wonder what 'education' they talking. They encourage students to carry condom. So again, i ask what's the difference btw them and northern nigeria
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tintingz(m): 5:59pm On Apr 28, 2017
Empiree:
You dont even consider the father of the baby in the picture above might be "underage" 18
Two underage having relationship, well I won't encourage it but it is still better than some grown folks screwing kids and impregnating them. Younglings are said to have curiosity, adventurous and they end up regretting some of their mistakes when they are older and won't encourage their children in it.

Lol...they have bunch of "child education" till date and nothing changes. They actually encourage children even in high school to having sex. In New York for instance, the only thing they condemn is rape. They are not against "consent" from both party from having intercourse.. This is in secondary school in NY. So i wonder what 'education' they talking. They encourage students to carry condom. So again, i ask what's the difference btw them and northern nigeria
Things can't be perfect, they might tell them to have sex but will always tell them to use protection, humans are not robots, the least they can do is encourage using protection.

Again the difference is, it is illegal for grown person to have relationship with underage kids publicly, he/she will be arrested, even if it is consent, because they believe a kid is not matured enough to know what's wrong and right. In the northern Nigeria you will see an old man like senator yerima screwing a 12 year old girl and non of his kinsmen confronted him because it is accepted there, here in southwest presently, it is not accepted even tho it was practiced during our fathers and mothers time. You hardly see a Yoruba man marrying a 12 year old girl.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 8:34pm On Apr 28, 2017
Empiree:

# If you don't buy it, can you give your daughter's hand in marriage at the age of 9 - 12? A girl of 18 years in a normal environment is expected to have had at least secondary school certificate. By that time, she has not only developed physically but mentally she can also decide and aware of the consequences of her actions.

# Government set laws to curb excesses and set limitations to ensure the right of people. 90% of children being " forced" to marry continue to regret their life. They all wish to have choice and do something beneficial with their early age before jumping into unwanted marriage. If government do not set limitations, right of women will always be denied as human being with freewill.

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:49pm On Apr 28, 2017
Giving Charity in Silver Equal to the Weight of the Newborn’s Hair The baby hair has to be shaved the 7th or 8th day and then weigh on a scale. The amount is given in sadaqa equivalent to gold dinar and silver Durham. It has been reported that Faatimah – may Allaah be pleased with her – used to give charity (in silver) equal to the weight of her newborn’s hair after shaving it on the seventh day. Shaykh Muhammad ibn ‘Umar Baazmool (may Allaah preserve him) was asked if that is a Sunnah she got from the Prophet – may Allaah raise his rank and grant him peace – or was it her own preferred way of giving (optional) charity?

Sheikh answered,

Yes, what seems correct is that it was a Sunnah she learned from the Messenger – may Allaah raise his rank and grant him peace – to give the weight of the newborn’s (shaven) hair in silver. Al-Albaanee alluded to this in al-Irwaa when he traced the sources of the narrations about the ‘Aqeeqah, saying that it reaches the level of being hasan by supporting routes. Furthermore, the narrations give this impression:

Maalik narrated in his Muwatta’, from Ja’far ibn Muhammad, who narrated that his father said that Faatimah weighed the hair of Hasan, Husayn, Zaynab, and Umm Kulthoom, and then gave its weight in silver in charity.

Also in the Muwatta’ is the report of Rabee’ah ibn Abee ‘Abdir-Rahmaan, who narrated from Muhammad ibn ‘Alee ibn Husayn, that Faatimah weighed the hair of Hasan and Husayn, and then gave the weight (of the hair) in silver in charity.

And Yahyaa ibn Bukayr said: Ibn Lahee’ah narrated to me that ‘Umaarah ibn Aziyyah narrated from Rabee’ah ibn Abee ‘Abdir-Rahmaan, from Anas ibn Maalik, that the Messenger of Allaah ordered the heads of Hasan and Husayn on their seventh days to be shaved and the weight of it (the hair) in silver be given in charity.

And ‘Abdur-Razzaaq said: Ibn Jurayj reported that he heard Muhammad ibn ‘Alee saying: Faatimah, the daughter of the Messenger of Allaah, did not used to have a newborn except that she ordered the head to be shaved and the weight of it in silver to be given in charity.

I ask Allaah to give you success, blessings, and stability.

Source: The shaykh’s personally written email dated 1433/1/3 (original Arabic quoted below).

Translated by: Moosaa Richardson

Weighing is done before baby's hair is disposed
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 9:05pm On Apr 28, 2017
AlBaqir:

# If you don't buy it, can you give your daughter's hand in marriage at the age of 9 - 12? A girl of 18 years in a normal environment is expected to have had at least secondary school certificate. By that time, she has not only developed physically but mentally she can also decide and aware of the consequences of her actions.

# Government set laws to curb excesses and set limitations to ensure the right of people. 90% of children being " forced" to marry continue to regret their life. They all wish to have choice and do something beneficial with their early age before jumping into unwanted marriage. If government do not set limitations, right of women will always be denied as human being with freewill.
No, not that. And not like that. By age limit i am referring to simply not how the west regulates it. Again, my question stands, that, there is still no difference. There are bunch of teens in the West already pregnant. not necessary by older men but their age group. So i ask again, if "age limit" was meant to curb excesses, why is this not manifest their in society and why do they keep blaming 3rd world when they do the same thing?. Thats really my concern. I am not giving my 12 yr old daughter in marriage. However, maturity varies place to place especially in this day and age. If i notice my 12yr old is sexually act and she is on demand,. i can do whatever it takes to curb her first. In the case of out of control situation, I am definitely marrying her to her boy she hangs out with before agbero mess her up. Both of them would be under my roof (but i understand not everyone may have luxury to do this) and this will in no way disturb her career. I am pleased this way than she becoming wayward.

I am not interested in their "sex education" they encourage them to have sex but dont teach them importance of marriage. So again, whats the difference btw them boys and girls sexing each other like pigs and having babies and current northern Nigeria situation?. I see double standard how media portrays the whole thing. If underage sons and daughters of celebs do the same, no one says anything. If poor muslim people do the same, they are called backward. My only objection to the north is improvement in social order AS SEEN in the West.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tintingz(m): 3:49pm On Apr 29, 2017
Empiree:
No, not that. And not like that. By age limit i am referring to simply not how the west regulates it. Again, my question stands, that, there is still no difference.
There are differences.

- Social acceptance(child bride)

- Forced marriage

- Lack of women right

^^This is what the northern Nigeria are facing, I remember a news where this young northern girl poisoned her husband because she was forced to marry him, this man already has multiple wives, and they even use sharia to back up the child bride marriage.

Kano Child-Bride Confesses To Killing Husband With Rat Poison (Pictured)
https://www.nairaland.com/2058247/kano-child-bride-confesses-killing-husband

Can this happen legally in the west, child bride to a grown man?

There are bunch of teens in the West already pregnant. not necessary by older men but their age group. So i ask again, if "age limit" was meant to curb excesses, why is this not manifest their in society and why do they keep blaming 3rd world when they do the same thing?. Thats really my concern.
Curiosity and lack of sex education is what led teens into having sex and getting pregnant. Like have said they later regret what they did when they are older, they will never want same mistakes for thier children.

The things the west blame 3rd world countries, is forced marriage and lack of women rights, some society don't believe sending girls to school.

I am not giving my 12 yr old daughter in marriage. However, maturity varies place to place especially in this day and age. If i notice my 12yr old is sexually act and she is on demand,. i can do whatever it takes to curb her first. In the case of out of control situation, I am definitely marrying her to her boy she hangs out with before agbero mess her up. Both of them would be under my roof (but i understand not everyone may have luxury to do this) and this will in no way disturb her career. I am pleased this way than she becoming wayward.
Lol, what if the boy is a man? Can you hand over your child to a man?

In the west, parents get to know their daughter's boyfriend, they even do dinner, but here in Africa a girl dare not bring a guy home for dinner. grin

I am not interested in their "sex education" they encourage them to have sex but dont teach them importance of marriage. So again, whats the difference btw them boys and girls sexing each other like pigs and having babies and current northern Nigeria situation?.
Lol, you got it wrong, show me a sex education article that encourage teens to have sex? They usually discourage it but if the situation of sex comes in, they should use protection, that's the least they can do, you can't control humans, especial when it comes to nature activities like sex. In fact the slogan is "say NO to premarital sex".

I remember when we were thought how to use condom in secondary school in class by our biology teacher.

I see double standard how media portrays the whole thing. If underage sons and daughters of celebs do the same, no one says anything. If poor muslim people do the same, they are called backward. My only objection to the north is improvement in social order AS SEEN in the West.
The western media are bias sometimes but they don't totally publish lies, Muslims are known to force girls into marriage, don't deny that.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 6:03pm On Apr 30, 2017
tintingz:
There are differences.

- Social acceptance(child bride)

- Forced marriage

- Lack of women right

^^This is what the northern Nigeria are facing, I remember a news where this young northern girl poisoned her husband because she was forced to marry him, this man already has multiple wives, and they even use sharia to back up the child bride marriage.
This is Northern problem. I have said earlier that what they need to improved is their social order like the West. But there is no difference wether teen is married(northern nigeria) or premarital sex (west). The only difference is social order. Islam has nothing to do with "forced marriage". This was simply invented by nincompoops out of greed. However islam encourages early marriage, which i believe is better, far better than so called "sex education" which breeds nothing but deceit and hypocrisy. Whether they use condom or not makes no difference.

Kano Child-Bride Confesses To Killing Husband With Rat Poison (Pictured)
https://www.nairaland.com/2058247/kano-child-bride-confesses-killing-husband
Similar cases of forced marriages in the us.

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/uncovering-problem-forced-marriage-u-s/

I am sure forced marriages exist every part of the world. Media chose to focus on muslim and poor regions in this case.

Can this happen legally in the west, child bride to a grown man?
Lol...i am surprised you dont know this. If they could legalize gayism, expect more and worst. You carefully chose your word "legally" grin . It is the same with gay marriage. Can it happen "legally" in Nigeria?. In the US, once you reach marriageable age, or you are matured in your own way to have sex, there is no limit. Laws vary by states. Soem need parental consent and it is none of anyone's business. They are simply hypocritical about marriageable age at 18. In America for in stance, sex has no age at all. They usually sweep crazy news like this under the carpet. Here is underage marriage "legally" in the USA. 65 yrs old marries 12yrs old girl

http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/uncovering-problem-forced-marriage-u-s/

It appears that not much of this openly happen but slowly but surely it will just like homosexual was considered abhorrent before 1960s. It is now normal to be gay. undecided undecided undecided

Curiosity and lack of sex education is what led teens into having sex and getting pregnant. Like have said they later regret what they did when they are older, they will never want same mistakes for their children.
You see, you giving excuses for those teens in the Western world. whether lack of education or not, it is about sexual revolution that started in the 60s in the US. How many of them regret having baby as teenager today?. Very few. Do you know that govt specifically encourage them to get pregnant?. They know if they have baby they are getting money. Confirm this with anyone living in US. They get tax money anywhere from 2000 dollars to 6000 dollars. Tell me how they regret?. The only thing they might regret is with whom they have baby with. Not pregnancy or baby itself. Thats long gone. So tax money encourage them to do this. If you as single adult with no child, and work hard all through the yr, compared to a teen who enjoys herself, hangs out with boys and eventually gets pregnant, doesnt work, she gets more money than you at the time of filing taxes. Tell why you not gonna get a lady pregnant outside of marriage seeing this temptation?. Sad news is they dont utilize the money wisely.

The things the west blame 3rd world countries, is forced marriage and lack of women rights, some society don't believe sending girls to school.
Again, this is part of social welfare i dont like. I dont agree with them also. They need to improve on this. But my point is there is no difference whether northen teen married to older man, her age group or simply get pregnant of out wedlock. If there was proper rights (women's rights, no forced marriage) etc, i swear you wont hear anything bad about north.

Lol, what if the boy is a man? Can you hand over your child to a man?
No, absolutely not. I have outlined that i would united her with her boyfriend since she's mst likely hang out with her mate. My point is instead of them sexing anyhow and she is eventually pregnant, i rather prevent that as early as possible by engaging the boy. If his parents aren't financially capable, i will take over until he gains strength

In the west, parents get to know their daughter's boyfriend, they even do dinner, but here in Africa a girl dare not bring a guy home for dinner. grin
Thats african mentality. I support West approach but i wont allow them to stick to boyfriend-girlfriend situation for long. I am taking it to another level so long as they love each other. I dont have time for "i will wait til i finish school". That's boosh!t grin grin

Before she finishes school, market don finish cheesy cheesy grin grin grin Agbero don pafuka her yansh and marriage doesn't interest her no more. Thats exactly what's happening today. I want to avoid that by any means necessary.

Lol, you got it wrong, show me a sex education article that encourage teens to have sex? They usually discourage it but if the situation of sex comes in, they should use protection, that's the least they can do, you can't control humans, especial when it comes to nature activities like sex. In fact the slogan is "say NO to premarital sex".
Oh well, they no gonna directly encourage it now. Thats silly of them. But by saying "if you must have sex, use protection". My point is why not start teaching them importance of marriage instead even though they dont necessarily marry yet?. Bush administration tried on this really. He appeared to emphasized on abstinence

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/all-about-sex/201703/teen-pregnancies-fall-school-sex-ed-doesn-t-work-huh

Few yrs ago during Michael Bloomberg's administration, they distributed condoms to students to "prevent STDs. Doesnt this encourage them to have sex?. I am telling you, these girls worl around with condoms in their bags "should in case" and they are quiet young man

http://www.nytimes.com/1991/02/08/us/studies-on-teen-age-sex-cloud-condom-debate.html?pagewanted=all

Again the only thing Northern nigeria needs to work on is "standard social order" but this can only possible by stable govt. Otherwise, i see no change

I remember when we were thought how to use condom in secondary school in class by our biology teacher.
See that. I was thgouht none yet i am not rascal or womanizer grin

The western media are bias sometimes but they don't totally publish lies, Muslims are known to force girls into marriage, don't deny that.
Common now. Just like they detest "forced marriage". Africans and muslims also detest gay marriage. So i see double standard in all of these.

(1) (2) (3) ... (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) (107) (108) ... (232) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 130
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.