Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,148,690 members, 7,801,984 topics. Date: Friday, 19 April 2024 at 07:28 AM

Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station - Islam for Muslims (31) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station (247101 Views)

Janet Jackson Converts To Islam For $20 Million Wedding / ~* Deols is 2011 'Islam For Muslims' Section Poster Of The Year: Congrats~* / 'Islam For Muslims' Library (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (232) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 11:20pm On Sep 30, 2014
The Prophet [peace be on him and his household] said: 'Verily your Imams are your representatives before Allah, therefore be careful whom you follow in your religion and your prayers.' ~Al-Kafi vol.1, p.199, hadith no. 15
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 8:04am On Oct 01, 2014
Talking from personal experience I guess grin grin grin

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by ayinba1(f): 1:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
And what research has shown this or is he going to claim that he found it in the Quran? ? ?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 4:20pm On Oct 01, 2014
ayinba1: And what research has shown this or is he going to claim that he found it in the Quran? ? ?

I don't think, it is fair to comment on such a post. It is a picture with words, however ridiculous it sounds. It is not reliable.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 5:51pm On Oct 01, 2014
tbaba1234:

I don't think, it is fair to comment on such a post. It is a picture with words, however ridiculous it sounds. It is not reliable.

You don't need to deny what you know not because of sentiment. Here are certain links:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/oct/25/saudi-arabia-women-action-driving-laws

http://english.alarabiya.net/en/variety/2013/09/28/Driving-affects-ovary-and-pelvis-Saudi-sheikh-warns-women.html
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by ayinba1(f): 6:49pm On Oct 01, 2014
tbaba1234:

A scholar/teacher can say some things that I do not agree with or believe in but that does not mean that everything he/she says gets thrown into the bin of rejection. You are correct. I do not know the Shaykh but I am more concerned about the text under his pix/name. Since I am in the health profession, I like to see how claims (even scientific) correlate to Quranic revelations.

I disregard a lot of medical claims if they are not in agreement with what Allah has revealed. Ultimately, the scientific community will come around to the truth (takes them a longer time to).

I do not know if the statement is right, Per chance there is research that has shown this or something in the Texts to support this. It was a question to get educated not otherwise.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 8:20pm On Oct 01, 2014
Parable of "SuShi" (Sunni and Shia) is like cat and mouse. Sometimes they reconcile. Sometimes they trash one another. Example, in 9ja, cats and mice are enemies but in America, cats and mice can be close friends with no animosity. They are basically 'friendenemy'. That's the way NL sects work. That's some funny stuff.

Anyways, another funny stuff is Android is really sucks. I was responding to a thread this morning with jazakhallahu khayran, while typing on Android. Android recognizes 'jazakhallahu' but when i typed 'khayran', it suggested 'Manhattan'. I refused to accept that suggestion. Then I retyped complete phrase again, "jazakhallahu khayran". Android suggested 'did you mean jazakhallahu Manhattan?. I was like chai, computer communicating with me.

Then I clicked on 'khayran' to add it to my dictionary so i wont have problem next time. Android responded 'where did you get that word?'. I replied: "shut up".

grin joke with bolded. I didnt reply. Only said that to myself.

3 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 8:26pm On Oct 01, 2014
Empiree: Parable of "SuShi" (Sunni and Shia) is like cat and mouse. Sometimes they reconcile. Sometimes they trash one another. Example, in 9ja, cats and mice are enemies but in America, cats and mice can be close friends with no animosity. They are basically 'friendenemy'. That's the way NL sects work. That's some funny stuff.

Anyways, another funny stuff is Android is really sucks. I was responding to a thread this morning with jazakhallahu khayran, while typing on Android. Android recognizes 'jazakhallahu' but when i typed 'khayran', it suggested 'Manhattan'. I refused to accept that suggestion. Then I retyped complete phrase again. Android suggested 'did you mean jazakhallahu Manhattan?. I was like chai, computer communicating with me.

Then I clicked on 'khayran' to add it to my dictionary so i wont have problem next time. Android responded 'where did you get that word?'. I replied: ["shot up"[

grin joke with bold. I didnt reply. Only said that to myself.

@underlined grin grin

Really?

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 11:09pm On Oct 01, 2014
AlBaqir:

You don't need to deny what you know not because of sentiment. Here are certain links:

I did not deny anything , I simply said that there is no need to make a comment based on a picture.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 11:12pm On Oct 01, 2014
ayinba1:
A scholar/teacher can say some things that I do not agree with or believe in but that does not mean that everything he/she says gets thrown into the bin of rejection. You are correct. I do not know the Shaykh but I am more concerned about the text under his pix/name. Since I am in the health profession, I like to see how claims (even scientific) correlate to Quranic revelations.

I disregard a lot of medical claims if they are not in agreement with what Allah has revealed. Ultimately, the scientific community will come around to the truth (takes them a longer time to).

I do not know if the statement is right, Per chance there is research that has shown this or something in the Texts to support this. It was a question to get educated not otherwise.

I think the statement is incorrect, my concern was making comments based on a picture.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 12:21am On Oct 03, 2014
Where is RoyPcain ?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 7:34pm On Oct 03, 2014
"To live 'In the shade of the Quran' is a great blessing which only can be fully appreciated by those who experience it. It is a rich experience that gives meaning to life and makes it worth living."
~Sayyid Qutb

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 10:17pm On Oct 03, 2014
[size=20pt]SAD![/size]
It was Hajj some 23 years ago, this happened. Nigeria Airways Flight 2120 obliterated by smoke on board from Jeddah back to Nigeria after pilgrimage. Filled with some 247 passengers and 14 crew. None survived the crash. May Allah grant them Jannah. Check youtube for full coverage of the documentary. Excerpt below...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkOrqj5ubMc
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Hkana: 11:02pm On Oct 03, 2014
Lemme be the first to wish the side talk family a splendid Eid celebration cheesy cheesy cheesy

Taqabal Allahu minna wa minkum.

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 11:23pm On Oct 03, 2014
Please make dua for muslims in nigeria particularly in the north east, and for muslims in syria, Iraq, somailia, Burma, Palestine, CAR who are going through extremely difficult times this Eid.

4 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Kazrem(m): 11:39pm On Oct 04, 2014
Salam alaikum..... I don't know if this has been discussed previously but I wish to know the outcome of the Muslim Hijab ban outcome. The court was to decide last week friday 26 september but didn't hear anything of the final judgement. Any info?
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by ShehuAba(m): 6:55am On Oct 05, 2014
Kazrem:
Salam alaikum..... I don't know if this has been discussed previously but I wish to know the outcome of the Muslim Hijab ban outcome. The court was to decide last week friday 26 september but didn't hear anything of the final judgement. Any info?

Yes, the judgment was postponed to a date in October. Can't vividly recall it now
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Kazrem(m): 8:55am On Oct 05, 2014
ShehuAba:

Yes, the judgment was postponed to a date in October. Can't vividly recall it now
Ok. Thanks
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by usermane(m): 12:45pm On Oct 05, 2014
Peace.

Maclatunji, did you hide my thread or it was antispambot.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by maclatunji: 1:58pm On Oct 05, 2014
usermane:
Peace.

Maclatunji, did you hide my thread or it was antispambot.

I did, I have already told you to stop bothering to attack Islam whilst disguising to be a Muslim. You will be treated like a non-Muslim if you continue tagging people "orthodox Muslims". This is probably the last time I will respond to such a query from you.

3 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 2:43pm On Oct 05, 2014
Sh. AbdulRahman al-Dosari (1912-1979) the Bahraini scholar of tafsir said:

My eyes hurt me one day, and I became severely depressed.
I said to myself "What if I go blind and I haven't memorized the Quran?" At that time, I only memorized 7 juz'.
So I secluded myself for twenty one days, I would not go out except for congregational prayer in the Mosque or to run an errand. In that time, by God's grace, I memorized the entire Quran.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by zemaye: 3:23pm On Oct 05, 2014
tbaba1234:
Sh. AbdulRahman al-Dosari (1912-1979) the Bahraini scholar of tafsir said:

My eyes hurt me one day, and I became severely depressed.
I said to myself "What if I go blind and I haven't memorized the Quran?" At that time, I only memorized 7 juz'.
So I secluded myself for twenty one days, I would not go out except for congregational prayer in the Mosque or to run an errand. In that time, by God's grace, I memorized the entire Quran.
shocked this is a matter to ponder on! Thanks for this
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 7:19pm On Oct 05, 2014
[size=20pt]Eld Mubarak To All Muslims On Nairaland and Worldwide[/size]

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 7:26pm On Oct 08, 2014
Another Western Propaganda to Malign Islamic Law
Do the western media still think people are stupid and doesn't have sense to analyse reports?

BBC news report:

A Briton Arrested and Jailed in Iranian Notorious Prison For Watching Male Volley Ball match.
http://m.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-29356807

Harun Elbinawi writes:

You know some people like bashing Islam & trying to portray Islam as an "oppressive religion".

The Russian RT posted a link about a woman with Iranian & British nationality who is presently under detention in Iran. The West claimed that she was arrested because "She went to watch a male volleyball match"..

But this is what the Western propaganda machinery is trying to portray, in actual fact that woman is a British spy who went to Iran on a mission & she was caught..

Do you think the West will send a spy on a mission & acknowledge it? And do you think Iran will arrest & keep a woman just for that stupid reason? The West are good in fooling the world....

Sometimes back I wrote here about how Western intelligence agencies send spies on espionage to hostile countries such as Iran, Lebanon(Hezbollah) & Syria.

This said woman is presently under investigation by the Iranian intelligence, if she is innocent she will be free but if she is guilty she will be punished accordingly.

My humble self writes:

According to BBC;
Ghoncheh Ghavami, 25 and from Shepherd's Bush, west London, believed that the rule banning female spectators had been overturned.

How will she even be allowed to enter the men's volley ball arena if there's 'a ban on women' to watch men's game, in the first instance?

Iran is more modern, sensible and true Islamic to be labeled with such a silly allegation.

It sounds stupid!

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 9:17pm On Oct 08, 2014
Salam Alaikum AlBaqir,how are you bro? It's been a while.
Eid Mubarak in arrears brother.

1 Like

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 11:55am On Oct 09, 2014
lanrexlan:
Salam Alaikum AlBaqir,how are you bro? It's been a while.
Eid Mubarak in arrears brother.

Wa alaykum salam my dear brother. Lillahil hamd, am fine. Thanks. I hope you and your loved ones are fine too. How's school things. May Allah protect you and grant you success in your studies. I believe school things has limited your face here on Nairaland. Besides I last saw your posts when you had to deal with the guys with '1000' monikers grin

Eid Mubarak in arrears too.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by lanrexlan(m): 5:47pm On Oct 09, 2014
AlBaqir:

Wa alaykum salam my dear brother. Lillahil hamd, am fine. Thanks. I hope you and your loved ones are fine too. How's school things. May Allah protect you and grant you success in your studies. I believe school things has limited your face here on Nairaland. Besides I last saw your posts when you had to deal with the guys with '1000' monikers grin

Eid Mubarak in arrears too.
Alhamudulilah I am doing good and everyone is fine.Studies has been good too,we thank Allah,exams is few days to come.
Shukran Dear brother,thanks for the dua,may reward you abundantly.

Lol,sometimes you just have to reply a 'chamelon'grin.

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Rilwayne001: 6:00pm On Oct 09, 2014
lanrexlan:
Alhamudulilah I am doing good and everyone is fine.Studies has been good too,we thank Allah,exams is few days to come.
Shukran Dear brother,thanks for the dua,may reward you abundantly.

Lol,sometimes you just have to reply a 'chamelon'grin.

LMAO

grin grin grin
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 2:42pm On Oct 11, 2014
Dr. Yasir Qadhi: "Lack of knowledge and wisdom made me say bad things about the Shi'a"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLvsQA1oaCg&itct=CCQQpDAYByITCLTo2Pi0pMECFQJ2qgodsVIAl1IIUHJlc3MgdHY%3D&hl=en-GB&gl=NG&client=mv-google
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by AlBaqir(m): 9:01pm On Oct 11, 2014
The Month of Dhul Hijjah is not only unique in its Hajj rites and the festive of Eid Adha. It also witnessed the event of Ghadir khum...

It is narrated in Musnad of Ahmed Ibn Hanbal that While returning from his last Hajj (Hajat ul wida), the caravan stopped at a place called Ghadir Khum.

The Apostle of Allah(peace be on him and his progeny) led the noon prayers and then took the hand of Ali and said:
"Do I not have more rights on the believers than the believers themselves have?".

The Companions who were more than one lakh answered "Yes O Apostle of Allah(s)".

He then took Ali by the hand and said:
"To whosoever I have been the master,'Ali henceforth is his master. O Lord! Befriend the one who befriends
Ali and be the enemy of whoever antagonizes him"
(Musnad Ahmad, Ibn Majah, Sunan vol 1, p43 etc).

Umar met Ali on the occasion and said to Ali:
"Congratulations to you,O Son of Abu Talib, you have received the dawn and the sunset as the master of every believing man and woman".(Ahmed Musnad).

الهم صل عل محمد وال محمد و سلم.
Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by tbaba1234: 10:36pm On Oct 12, 2014
The pleasure from sin lasts but for a few fleeting moments but the pain and consequences of it could last more than a lifetime.

- Abdul Raheem Rudolph

2 Likes

Re: Islam For Muslims: Side Talk Station by Empiree: 4:02am On Oct 13, 2014
Ben Affleck clashed with Bill Maher during a heated discussion on Islam where the controversial TV host claimed being a member of the religion is like being in the Mafia. Sam Harris said the Muslim faith was the 'motherload of bad ideas'.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EN52CP2_F0U

@AlBaqir, I am having hard time confirming or acknowledging quote in blue. I have those books but I am not sure if you quoted the proper source. You want to double check and reconfirm?.

"To whosoever I have been the master,'Ali henceforth is his master. O Lord! Befriend the one who befriends
Ali and be the enemy of whoever antagonizes him".
(Musnad Ahmad, Ibn Majah, Sunan vol 1, p43 etc).

(1) (2) (3) ... (28) (29) (30) (31) (32) (33) (34) ... (232) (Reply)

Cute and Romantic Photos Of Muslim Couples

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.